shape
carat
color
clarity

It''s finally finished!! Thankyou GOG and WF..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Wow! What a great response! I''m so glad you all like her as much as I do
face23.gif

Thankyou for your kind compliments Motownmama and catmom.

Love2travel, ha I know - PS is such a bad (good?) influence. Before coming here I was of the school of thought to not buy below G-H/VS - now I''m gonna have a K beauty!
5.gif
Are you trying to decide on a diamond?

TY Elegant - is that your beauty in your avatar? It looks stunning!
Cheers Lostsapphire, KCourselle and Purrfectpear!
Thankyou Coati, thats means alot coming from a bling owner such as yourself!
And TY Krisvrn and Laurel25 - Laurel I love your adorable pup! Please tell me all about him/her?!
5.gif

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
Ohhhh yessss, that is gorgeous! It''s going to be magnificent on the hand!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Edited - Sorry - computer problems!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous - wow!!!!!
36.gif
I just switched everything to white gold, but that ring makes me sorry I did! It''s beautiful.

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
It''s fantastic! I bet you can''t wait to get it on your finger!

softly softly

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations AJ it''s stunning - hope the wait for it to arrive isn''t too torturous.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Really gorgeous. What did you do with the prongs because they look beautiful. It''s more unusual on PS to see yellow gold used. The mixed metals look so pretty together. And the stone is a beauty with those perfect arrows.

You are going to get some amazing comments when you tell your friends and family that you bought it over the internet, got the stone in NY, had it set in Texas and then shipped to you. Too bad your ring can''t get frequent flyer miles!!!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Pixley! I love the new av of your daughter, such a cutie
5.gif

Thankyou Deegee and iowa lizzy, and softly softly, me too! - I''ve only checked the FedEx like 4 times already, lol.
20.gif

TY Swingirl for your lovely comments, I''m glad you like it. My current (original) ering is white gold, but I''ve since decided yellow and rose suit me better. The YG was about the only thing I was sure of when I started looking..I asked WF to make claw prongs instead of the standard ones. I know they ain''t no Leon prongs, but I think they did a really nice job.
Just on that note, I''d like to comment on how flexible WF were with my whole order - I made a number of changes along the way, and everything went seamlessly. They really are to be commended!

SwinGirl, I actually hadn''t thought of it like that yet..now that you mention it, it is quite an amazing story - my ring is better travelled than I!
6.gif
1.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
arj, it is GORGEOUS!!!!!! The setting is so elegant and that stone is a knockout!!!! Fantastic job, can''t wait to see more pics!!!
36.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Cheers Gwen sweetheart!

Just for fun, I thought I'd add a photo to this thread of my pretty before it was mounted. Jon was kind enough to take a couple for me - thanks Jon!
I'm waiting until she gets here to decide on a name..I know on PS that 1.25 isn't big, but its pretty huge where I am, so I think she deserves a name, lol
9.gif

IMG_2709-2-size edit.JPG

Elegant

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/2/2008 10:36:29 PM
Author: arjunajane

Oh - I wish! Thanks for the compliment! It is a ring from a designer in the UK...I really like it and was thinking of buying it for my 15 year anniversary ring (I''m not married but we have been together since my senior year in high school!). It is set in 18kt white gold with 18kt yellow gold framing the light pink tourmaline. I''ve been in contact with the designer on and off for about a couple of months now.

BTW I love the H&A diamond - looks beautiful! I am also thinking of getting the PoH diamond one day!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/4/2008 2:23:55 AM
Author: Elegant

Date: 7/2/2008 10:36:29 PM

Oh - I wish! Thanks for the compliment! It is a ring from a designer in the UK...I really like it and was thinking of buying it for my 15 year anniversary ring (I''m not married but we have been together since my senior year in high school!). It is set in 18kt white gold with 18kt yellow gold framing the light pink tourmaline. I''ve been in contact with the designer on and off for about a couple of months now.

BTW I love the H&A diamond - looks beautiful! I am also thinking of getting the PoH diamond one day!
I adore that ring elegant, I hope you get it!
I also had a PoH before this - just a couple of months ago, I traded it in for the round. I loved it alot and there are pics on PS - I just wanted a bigger one! lol
11.gif
2.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh it looks amazing
36.gif
. I love that diamond! The prongs do look really nice too. I can''t wait for handshots!
3.gif

Pieface

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations AJ!!
36.gif
36.gif

That is looking super. Looking forward to the SMTR photo-thon
2.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/3/2008 9:01:41 AM
Cheers Gwen sweetheart!

Just for fun, I thought I''d add a photo to this thread of my pretty before it was mounted. Jon was kind enough to take a couple for me - thanks Jon!

I''m waiting until she gets here to decide on a name..I know on PS that 1.25 isn''t big, but its pretty huge where I am, so I think she deserves a name, lol
9.gif

Hehehe glad to know I am not the only one who will be giving her diamond a name :). Your rock will rock, the diamonds here are definitely on the more petite side, I very rarely see much larger then 0.5cts :).

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Hey there,
thanks Gypsy and Pieface - Pie, your av makes me smile everytime, its so colourful
1.gif

Hey Dee, I know, I''m kinda a little concerned
40.gif
But I reckon I can rock it with confidence
11.gif

claireabelle

Shiny_Rock
It''s gorgeous... elegant, timeless, beautiful.

I love seeing the yellow gold rings on here - there''s something so classic about yg.
30.gif

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Arjunajane, that is just spectacular. I cannot wait to see it on your hand. I LOVE the modified Legato you created here. And in yellow gold, it really soars. I think this is the nicest Legato I have ever seen and I think the combination of yellow gold and then the modifications make it look just magnificent. PLEASE post pictures for us with this beauty on your hand. The diamond from GOG is extraordinary as well! Those arrows!! And the fabulous warmth of the stone combined with the beauty of 18 K yellow gold, --you are going to be wearing a ring that is going to turn A LOT of heads. I''ll keep checking back for pictures of this beauty!! CONGRATULATIONS!!
30.gif

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
I love yg settings. They are so beautiful and classy. Looks like your stone is a winner, too!

Congrats!

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
18 K perfection.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/4/2008 8:06:36 AM
Hey there,

thanks Gypsy and Pieface - Pie, your av makes me smile everytime, its so colourful
1.gif

Hey Dee, I know, I''m kinda a little concerned
40.gif
But I reckon I can rock it with confidence
11.gif

For sure you can :) rock that sucker with pride she is a beauty
30.gif
and she will look amazing.

I feel the same way from time to time but then I remember that when I eventually get the thing it will make me happy and thats all that matters :).

LollyBear

Brilliant_Rock
What a fantastic ring!! It''s pieces like this that are starting to sway me towards YG.
I agree that your lovely needs a name.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Classic, gorgeous! Even now, even with my own platinum setting, THIS is what I think an engagement ring LOOKS like! It''s the image in my mind, I don''t know why! I guess ''cause I grew up in the sixties and seventies when YG was at its peak of popularity. I had an e-ring in 1979 that was YG. (The ring was great; the guy, not so much. Kept the ring, got rid of the guy!)

I was just on the OGI website the other day, and on amazon.com looking at their OGI stock, and I noticed that they had some awesome YG wedding bands that I thought would look fantabulous with a YG solitaire like yours.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Those pics look fab arjuna. Looking forward to seeing it "in person"!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
That looks STUNNING. Can''t wait to see the "in the flesh" pics
9.gif
36.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a gorgeous diamond and setting! Congrats, and I can''t wait for the real life pics of it!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Wow, I continue to be overwhelmed by all the positive comments about my new pretty - I love that everybody likes her as much as I do!

Thankyou Claireabelle, and the same to your new gorgeous ring!
Oh Isabelle, you are a sweetheart - I think thats among the nicest comments I've ever received! I will definately owe all of you lovely people lots of lovely photos - need to get that mani done, lol!
1.gif

Thanks Bliss, JustJulia and SDL - my tastes for the setting were all over the place, but the yellow gold was one thing I was sure of
5.gif

Dee - I agree, I'm looking forward to having my own personal "cheerer-upper" there every day, lol!

Cheers StephensBride, adorable avatar btw! I am waiting until I meet it in real life to decide on the name, but I've already decided its a she
9.gif
(Is that just weird?, lol)

HollyS, what a funny story about your ex. Are there pics on PS of this other ring? Thankyou for your comments, I agree with what you say about YG being more old-fashioned, however I am still a (reasonably) young engagee - my first ering is WG, but I think the warmer tones suit me slightly better. I think it does offer a "classic" look.
5.gif

Thanks Bee, AmberGretchen and Lauren - you have no idea how hard the wait is, lol!

And, I was going to save this for the official smtr thread, but seeing how much steam this one has gathered...I want to say an enormous shout out and Thankyou to my gorgeous Fi - for both my original amazing ering, and supporting me for this perfect upgrade. ***MWA***
1.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
does it come today?
3.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/5/2008 5:36:27 AM
Author: Lorelei
does it come today?
3.gif
you reading my mind lady...? Its in Australia, its cleared customs...its travelling to me as we speak..
32.gif
9.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/5/2008 8:08:38 AM

Date: 7/5/2008 5:36:27 AM
Author: Lorelei
does it come today?
3.gif
you reading my mind lady...? Its in Australia, its cleared customs...its travelling to me as we speak..
32.gif
9.gif
omg!!!!!!

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results