shape
carat
color
clarity

It''s finally finished!! Thankyou GOG and WF..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/15/2008 3:04:49 AM
Author: slayt
what are your thoughts? i really like it, do you think it sits up a bit high though? im not sure i love the first couple of pics but the side on shot it looks VERY high how high do you think in mm?
imgnotfound.jpg
Hey again, thanks for sharing!

The diamond looks great, well done!
36.gif

What size is it? Colour and clarity?

This is what tends to be named a "Classic Tiffany Style" setting. in my opinion, it is either something that people love or not.
My tastes are to have the diamond set lower, as you can tell from the pics in my thread here.
But hey, this is not my ring - its yours and your Fi''s, and so you are the best judge to decide if its right for you.

My apologies if you have already mentioned this, but will this be the permanent setting, or are you changing it when you have more time?

I wouldn''t like to guess at the actual height, best to ask WF, but it is supposed to look elevated in the prongs like that - thats the style.
My main concern with that would be practicality - whether it will get banged on things..?

Once it arrives, if you still feel it sits too high, you can always have a jeweller shave the prongs and move the diamond lower in the setting.
But best to leave that judgement until you see it in person - there are tons of people who love this setting, and many threads here on PS if you''re interested to see what they look like "in real lfe".

Congrats on your purchase, I hope the delivery goes smoothly!

slayt

Rough_Rock
yeh thats what i was thinking if its too high we can just get someone over here to modify it, im sure itll be fine though.
for now it will be the permanent setting, im only 22 so this has been a fairly expensive excersice for me i would have loved to have gotton a nicer setting but my girlfriend loves this style so i guess it will end up being permanent but anythings possible.

slayt

Rough_Rock
diamond details are .468ct, si1,f and ACA cut (ideal) i guess from the angles most people see the ring from it looks fine.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Hey, if your girl loves it than thats the setting for you guys!
I believe with an ering that the guy should approve of the style, but ultimately the girl is of course the one wearing it.
That is a great size and it is a very classic style, and trust me with the fantastic choice of diamond you have made, all that admirers will see is the fire and sparkle coming off that ACA !
You did good mate, thats an instant classic ering and I''m sure you will both love it.

As I am currently sorting mine out, I''m sure you have already considered it, but I may just add make sure you obtain a valuables policy addition to your insurance to cover the ring for loss/damage etc anywhere.

Do come back and post a thread with pics and your engagement story once you have time, the folks here are always keen for details!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results