shape
carat
color
clarity

Irony of never wanting to change (new stone)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
haha the crooked IS? that's kind of funny, could the picture just be off-tilt? probably. did you talk about that one with WF as an option and if it was the one dismissed, just curious why? as an ACA i would be VERY surprised if it really was off-center. and it is almost the near match for your stone.

i think the 2.16 J SI will be beautiful in person, that one was not there when we looked but as an SI1 i think it has a little better chance of being eye-clean in that size.

or if you are willing to be patient, other stones will come up over time, that is just a hard size range to be in, stones are very hard to find within it. it has taken me a long time to find my upgrade, yours may take a little while too.

don't worry, you will find something and i'm not remotely surprised that the 2.225 wasn't the one for you. it was stunning in person but the inclusions were not my cup of tea either. just curious, do you really want to drop to J? i had thought in the past that you felt I was your limit for large stones.

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Oh, Mat, I just wanted to say how sorry I am all this happened. I hope that the new stone that WF is sending is the one for you so you can have your beautfiul ring back very soon.
5.gif

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
Just curious, Matatora...how did the info WF provided you with on the stone you received compare to what your eyes saw? I guess I am surprised that they weren''t acting as your discriminating "eyes" and telling you what could be seen so plainly from the top. Are they putting these stones out and really giving them a once over so that you can save yourself the heartache of shipping each one? Seems like given these heartbreaking circumstances they would be dancing a jig and a half to avoid sending you a stone that you won''t be happy with...

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/29/2006 1:01:08 PM
Author: wallermama
Just curious, Matatora...how did the info WF provided you with on the stone you received compare to what your eyes saw? I guess I am surprised that they weren''t acting as your discriminating ''eyes'' and telling you what could be seen so plainly from the top. Are they putting these stones out and really giving them a once over so that you can save yourself the heartache of shipping each one? Seems like given these heartbreaking circumstances they would be dancing a jig and a half to avoid sending you a stone that you won''t be happy with...
WF only has so much inventory and esp in this size range there is not much going on at all...and they probably made the determination that there are a few stones that could work but unfortunately seeing them in person IS the only way to determine if you are comfortable with something like color or clarity/placed inclusions etc. It sounds to me they ARE danging a jig and a half to make things right, but they can only do that with what they have with them right now. As mentioned previously, if Mata wants to wait after seeing this 2.16 J then she may have to wait a while and know that is the reality...there aren''t that many stones right not in this size range at all. I have been looking for my upgrade stone for a long time and only recently just found it.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/29/2006 1:09:16 PM
Author: Mara

I have been looking for my upgrade stone for a long time and only recently just found it.

Is this the first hint about it by any chance !?
9.gif

laney

Brilliant_Rock
Hiya,

I just wanted to wish you luck in the replacement process. You may remember I severely chipped my stone back in July - and it was my fault. So I totally understand your feelings when you found out it was broken. I too had a hard time "replaceing" the stone that my DH and I selected at the end. And also being an avid PSer at the time - I found that working with insurance for the replacment was going to be daunting.

At least you have WF working to help you. And I know that you''ll find another stone.

I will say though - Although I do love my new stone -- I still miss my original one (stupid right). And too - every stone that I saw.. "never measured up" to the original. Again - stupid. But I didn''t realize how emotionally attached I was to the first one.. And even the arrows & inclusions too. Wierd.

But I guess I want to say that my advice is to pick from the best you can. And expect dissapointment in your new stone. I was... for the first week. No real reason - but again - comparing to the original.. I felt... well, still .. let down some how.

I did get over it though.

Good Luck!!!!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/29/2006 1:12:12 PM
Author: valeria101

I have been looking for my upgrade stone for a long time and only recently just found it.

9.gif

I caught that too Ana
41.gif
oooh Mara!!!!!!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Mara,
I saw a J colored nicely cut stone in from another vendor. It was too warm for me. But the warmth I saw in that stone was not present in the one I just sent back.

Date: 3/29/2006 1:01:08 PM
Author: wallermama
Just curious, Matatora...how did the info WF provided you with on the stone you received compare to what your eyes saw? I guess I am surprised that they weren''t acting as your discriminating ''eyes'' and telling you what could be seen so plainly from the top. Are they putting these stones out and really giving them a once over so that you can save yourself the heartache of shipping each one? Seems like given these heartbreaking circumstances they would be dancing a jig and a half to avoid sending you a stone that you won''t be happy with...

Wallermama- The only thing that really upset me was my stone getting sent out without the chip in the stone being missed. The reaction from Whiteflash after being notified by V has been extremely reasonable. Brian did indeed tell me that the issue from above might be present, that is why he offered to send the stone to me so that I could determine whether or not that inclusion would bother me. I did not think my eyes were that good. It was a stunning stone and it will make some one very happy, like Miss Mara said it just was not the stone for me. And that is allright, that is why it was sent to me before any decisions are made about the setting.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/29/2006 1:16:45 PM
Author: Lorelei

9.gif

I caught that too Ana
41.gif
oooh Mara!!!!!!
31.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Mara, you sly thing, you.
9.gif
When are you going to start a thread on it so we can stop hijacking Mat''s???

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Hijack away! Happy thoughts are way better!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mara, you little tinker - keeping us in suspenders
41.gif
41.gif
How will we bear it?????
39.gif

ETA - just had a thought, will it be 1 April you reveal all, like last years " upgrade?"
31.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hahaha...well i am a fan of the 'reveal all at once' TA DA threads...but now that the cat is kind of out of the bag (halfway out?) i'm torn!
9.gif

oh and if you guys do have to wait, it's until MAY this time. yikes! a whole extra month!
11.gif

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
Wait a minute...Mara, didn''t you just get a new stone? Am I confused?

Do tell!

Small

Brilliant_Rock
So sorry about this morning''s stone...that''s a bummer. But the new one you are looking at looks fabulous!!! I really hope this one is the winner. What an awful thing to have to go through
39.gif
Good luck...can''t wait to see what you think of the next stone!!!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Mara-

You can''t just say something like that and then not follow through...you tease!!

Fess up now, WOMAN!!!
emwink.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/29/2006 1:30:24 PM
Author: Matatora
Mara,

I saw a J colored nicely cut stone in from another vendor. It was too warm for me. But the warmth I saw in that stone was not present in the one I just sent back.

Sorry it didn''t work out, Mat. I have real good vibes about the next one, though! And I thought your comment above was interesting and well worth repeating... all Js are not created equal!

Keeping fingers and toes crossed...

icekid

Ideal_Rock

9.gif

I caught that TOO!! let''s hear it already Mara
36.gif
36.gif

and Mat- sorry this wasn''t the stone... but here''s to hoping the next one is a winner
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
aw man you guys!!! hawk eyes on my little slipup.

i wanted to surprise everyone....!

i have all the specs and info at home. maybe i will start a new thread later.
12.gif
maybe not.
11.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/29/2006 4:15:43 PM
aw man you guys!!! hawk eyes on my little slipup.

i wanted to surprise everyone....!

i have all the specs and info at home. maybe i will start a new thread later.
12.gif
maybe not.
11.gif

I caught your little slipup too..details women...must have details. Many of us, myself included are living vicariously through you. You wouldn''t want to postpone our happiness would you? After last nights disappointing AI mehness..we need something to get our spirits up
3.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
here i was counting down the clock last night and i missed the big unveiling today!
38.gif

sorry to hear this wasn''t the one for you matatora. here''s to looking forward to tomorrow!
36.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/29/2006 4:57:05 PM
Author: belle
here i was counting down the clock last night and i missed the big unveiling today!
38.gif

sorry to hear this wasn''t the one for you matatora. here''s to looking forward to tomorrow!
36.gif
Okay so in a very logical way WF is going to hold on the the second stone until they have the first one back...makes perfect sense to me. I will have more news to post soon!

But if it would make you feel better I could post the rest of the pictures I took.
2.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Mara you''ve got to give us some more info on this new upgrade stone, we can''t wait until MAY!!!

Post away Matatora, you know we always love to see more diamond pics and besides you never know if someone else might be interested in that stone.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/29/2006 5:57:05 PM
Author: Matatora

Date: 3/29/2006 4:57:05 PM
Author: belle
38.gif

36.gif
Okay so in a very logical way WF is going to hold on the the second stone until they have the first one back...makes perfect sense to me. I will have more news to post soon!

But if it would make you feel better I could post the rest of the pictures I took.
2.gif
okay...i''m a dork... duh!
37.gif
of course they should hold the second stone until the first one is back! that makes sense.

yes...post more pics in the meantime!
36.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Extra sparkles! There are only a few cuase I stopped when J saw it!

extra si2 1.JPG

MissAva

Ideal_Rock

extra si2 2.JPG

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I never took it out of the ring holder...I was afraid of losing it.

extra si2 3.JPG

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I really think that someone will love this stone.

extra si2 4.JPG

MissAva

Ideal_Rock

extra si2 5.JPG

MissAva

Ideal_Rock

extra si2 6.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results