shape
carat
color
clarity

Irony of never wanting to change (new stone)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
on my hand

J SI2 from wf 2.JPG

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
few more

J SI2 from wf 3.JPG

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh she is lovely
3.gif
, is the inclusion that little white mark in the middle? That is about all I can see but only in one of the pics, love the size too! But you have to be completely happy with her........

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
yup!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK, what are your thoughts now? I would just worry about that inclusion bugging you big time, it is a beautiful diamond though!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/29/2006 11:11:07 AM
Author: Lorelei
OK, what are your thoughts now? I would just worry about that inclusion bugging you big time, it is a beautiful diamond though!
I am thinking that I would like to speak to Brian, while the stone is a very sparlky girl the inclusion would bother me and I would sit there and stare at it non-stop. My head just works that way.
7.gif
I am going to ask him about about another stone and how WF would like to proceed from here. I feel like such a brat.
14.gif

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely! I can see the white inclusion though..thank goodness its white and not black
2.gif
black would bug the cr*p outta me...so what do you think?

BrownEyes

Shiny_Rock
Oh Mat - - I''m so sorry that stone doesn''t make your heart sing ...

But remember, there''s another 2+ carat J out there ... the one I posted about (as did another PS''er last night ... and I''m sure there are more beyond that one ...

Don''t worry ... you will find a replacement stone that''s as beautiful, if not more beautiful, than the one that was damaged ...

My heart is breaking for you right now ... HUGS!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/29/2006 11:17:34 AM
Author: BrownEyes
Oh Mat - - I''m so sorry that stone doesn''t make your heart sing ...

But remember, there''s another 2+ carat J out there ... the one I posted about (as did another PS''er last night ... and I''m sure there are more beyond that one ...

Don''t worry ... you will find a replacement stone that''s as beautiful, if not more beautiful, than the one that was damaged ...

My heart is breaking for you right now ... HUGS!
Thanks Brown Eyes, I am going to ask Brian about the one you posted, it is more $ so we will have to see.
I was really hoping that this would be the stone for me. Okay time to put on my big girl panties and call WF.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mat, you are in no way a brat! This is your e-ring diamond and it has to be right - it's that simple! So don't feel bad, do what you have to do!

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
Oh thats too bad Mat! I can understand about the inclusion bugging you though...maybe the other stone will be a winner!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I am so sorry to hear about your ring. Don''t feel like a brat - it wasn''t your fault. I am sure they will work with you to find a stone that you love!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock

Okay I am sending the 2.225 back to WF. I am going to pay the 1621$ difference between that and the 2.162 and they are going to send me that one to see what I think. *cross your fingers*

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ve got my fingers crossed for you!

Next, please!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good decision Mat - I can't see a darn thing in the other one and I bet it will be the winner!!!! This other diamond looks definitely primo by the info!
30.gif
30.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Matatora I am SO sorry that this diamond didn''t work out for you, but you deserve to get a diamond that you are thrilled with. I will keep all fingers and toes crossed that the next one they are sending takes your breath away!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Mat -- let''s see what else WF has for you. Onward, ho!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
/images/site/d_lost.jpg/images/site/d_lostF.jpg

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
And the Sarin(which looks pretty sweet to me!)
/images/site/d_lost.jpg/images/site/d_lost.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am crazy about this one already and can''t wait until it is in your eager paws ( wish it was my paws!)
27.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
I don't get it.

There is a stone in WF's stock right now.....an ACA even..... that is nearly a dead-on replica for your original stone. It's right here: http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-2313843.htm

Yours: 1.72 I, SI1; 60.5% depth, 55% table, 34.7 crown, 40.7 pav., thin-med, 7.80x7.82mm
The above: 1.73 I, VS1; 60.6% depth, 55% table; 34.9 crown, 40.8 pav, thin-med, 7.80x7.82mm

This I stone is virtually the same price as the 2.25 J they sent to you, so I'm sure it's doable, and I'm not sure why you wouldn't consider this stone. And it's an ACA.

Unless, of course, you are trying to upgrade instead of just replace. Is that it? Is the point to upgrade in size, too?

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/29/2006 11:50:00 AM
Author: aljdewey
I don''t get it.

There is a stone in WF''s stock right now that is nearly a dead-on replica for your original stone. It''s right here: http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-2313843.htm

Yours: 1.72 I, SI1; 60.5% depth, 55% table, 34.7 crown, 40.7 pav., thin-med, 7.80x7.82mm
The above: 1.73 I, VS1; 60.6% depth, 55% table; 34.9 crown, 40.8 pav, thin-med, 7.80x7.82mm

This I stone is virtually the same price as the 2.25 J they sent to you, so I''m sure it''s doable, and I''m not sure why you wouldn''t consider this stone.

Unless, of course, the point is to upgrade as well. Is it?
I did not like the lopsided IS it just did not appeal to me.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mat -- the numbers don''t get any better than that. And I can''t see a darn thing in terms of inclusions!

Al is right though, the other one is worth asking about as well.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah, a lopsided IS. OK then. I hope the one arriving tomorrow is The One!!! (but again, no pressure. Gotta hold out for the one that really "speaks" to you!)

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Al of course had no way of knowing this but that one had already been discussed and dismissed in the week that V and I knew what had happened, but before I posted.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well... don''t think the I/VS would be crooked in person. But not quite as larger as 2-point-something carats either.

Btw Mat, aside the clarity bit... how did color and size fare for you? I am surprised that the replacement is not a CC of the chipped stone - well, not too much given the upgrade-prone environment here
5.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mat
35.gif

DSS ?
31.gif
are you only looking at 2+ct ?

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/29/2006 12:07:53 PM
Author: Dancing Fire
Mat
35.gif

DSS ?
31.gif
are you only looking at 2+ct ?
No there are just not any between the 1.733 and the 2ct mark for some really odd reason...I guess they are just in too high of a demand.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
C''mon guys, cut the chickadee a break. Plenty of folks around here have ended up with a larger stone after a similar accident ... and Mat was thousands of miles away from the "scene o'' the crime" even.

If the values are similar, what diff does size make anyway? The biz part is up to the insurence folk.

You deserve a sparkler that makes your heart sing EVEN more than the last one, just for your trouble/pain/heartbreak. Here''s hoping you find it soon!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results