shape
carat
color
clarity

Irony of never wanting to change (new stone)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mat
35.gif

that is awful
7.gif
hope you find a new stone soon.
1.gif
are you going up to a 2+ct now?

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
I'm so sorry to hear about this ordeal! *HUGS*

Of course, I'm happy to hear that WF is doing everything to make it all right. I'd be interested to hear what kind of setting you may pick.

I'm looking forward to those new pics! Make sure your battery is all charged up and ready to go.

ETA: I'm hoping you'll be floored with the new size! Also, going from an ES stone to an ACA is great! I'm keeping my fingers crossed you'll fall in love all over again.

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
I''m just chiming in to say, will tomorrow never get here?!!!!! Imagine that ACA making it''s little trip from TX to Alabama.....

Seriously, folks... I''ve been so sad for Miss Matatora....talk about an emotional time, having loved her original diamond the way she did. Since her December engagement she''s actually only worn her ring for about a month! (and I never got to see it
3.gif
) She actually felt guilty being so upset! She has handled this new disapointment with class and grace and understanding, WF should wish that all customers were as understanding.

WF will make it all right but what a road to have to travel...I get a little woozy thinking about it.

OK, Miss M, if the new stone doesn''t sing to you or if those inclusions are visible to you, it will go back to TX and the search will continue. I know how much you miss your ring, I have to believe that the perfect diamond is right around the corner!!!!!

Deep breath, try to get some sleep....and make sure I''m in the top ten people you call once the stone arrives
2.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2006 11:35:19 PM
Author: fountainfairfax
I''m just chiming in to say, will tomorrow never get here?!!!!! Imagine that ACA making it''s little trip from TX to Alabama.....

Seriously, folks... I''ve been so sad for Miss Matatora....talk about an emotional time, having loved her original diamond the way she did. Since her December engagement she''s actually only worn her ring for about a month! (and I never got to see it
3.gif
) She actually felt guilty being so upset! She has handled this new disapointment with class and grace and understanding, WF should wish that all customers were as understanding.

WF will make it all right but what a road to have to travel...I get a little woozy thinking about it.

OK, Miss M, if the new stone doesn''t sing to you or if those inclusions are visible to you, it will go back to TX and the search will continue. I know how much you miss your ring, I have to believe that the perfect diamond is right around the corner!!!!!

Deep breath, try to get some sleep....and make sure I''m in the top ten people you call once the stone arrives
2.gif
Allright Miss FFF, cough it up, how did you know I was still awake?

You know darn well you will be the first one I call! And I cross my heart when I get back in May (assuming I have a ring by then) I will be wiggling my fingers for all to see!

If this one does not work you are on picking the next one.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2006 10:41:10 PM
Author: Jelly
I''m so sorry to hear about this ordeal! *HUGS*

Of course, I''m happy to hear that WF is doing everything to make it all right. I''d be interested to hear what kind of setting you may pick.

I''m looking forward to those new pics! Make sure your battery is all charged up and ready to go.

ETA: I''m hoping you''ll be floored with the new size! Also, going from an ES stone to an ACA is great! I''m keeping my fingers crossed you''ll fall in love all over again.
Jelly,
As soon as I make a decision about the setting I will be sure to post pictures and other such information. I am a lousy secret keeper for this sort of info.

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Matatora ~
emrose.gif
emlove.gif
emrose.gif

Oh dear ... How disappointing!
emcry.gif
You were soooo close.

It is a very good thing that Richard Sherwood is so thorough and was able to document this, and also lend a helping hand
emthup.gif
! He is really pretty special!
face23.gif
emhot.gif
emlove.gif

I hope the new diamond that WF is shipping out to you will sing
emnote.gif
to you. If it doesn''t don''t feel guilty. Just send it back and continue the search ... I know ... easier said than done. I too ... think there will be a beautiful diamond in your future ... one that is just as crystal clear and sparklie as the one that your hubby propesed with. I too would be a little worried ... what will the diamond look like, etc... No matter what, if it''s the one you will know, it its not ... just send it back and keep going, as difficult as it may be.

I do understand the emotion that is associated with your diamond / ring ... and I am sending you a great big PS hug to you sweetie!
emhug.gif
emhug2.gif

Hang in there, and I know we will all be waiting for you post upon the new diamonds arrival. Take care,
35.gif

researcher

Ideal_Rock
I just found this thread, and my heart dropped! While I think WF is EXCELLENT and goes ABOVE and BEYOND for their customers, they can''t replace your original stone
39.gif
I therefore admire you for handling the situation so well. And as someone else mentioned, at least you can get an upgrade of sorts
1.gif
I REALLY hope the stone you chose is beyond amazing!

Now let''s see those pics!
36.gif

lil_jay78

Shiny_Rock
I''ve been wanting to comment on this thread for a lil while now...

I''m so sorry to hear about your ordeal, just like everyone else says. But at the same time, I''m so glad WF has been so awesome in setting you up with another stone. I know it''s not gonna be like the last one, but I know it''ll be beautiful and you wouldn''t select anything that you didn''t love almost as much as you did the last one.

This story just totally solidified my choice to go w/ WF to get my stone for my gf!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mat I am so late to this thread and I am terribly sorry about your beautiful diamond, I know how much you loved it.
7.gif
But I know that WF won''t rest until you and V are both happy and I know you will find an incredible replacement! Fingers crossed on the S12!!!!!!!!!

marriahlyn

Shiny_Rock
It''s 7:30.........I can just see Mat standing at the doors of Fedex (unless they shipped to her home) to wait til they open to get that stone out of lockup!! I am sorry this has happened and I''m so glad that you will get a new stone. I''m not sentimental about ering stones (I am about the ring) so I say bigger is better. I hope you like the stone.

With that said, I have a 1ct SI2 and you can see the inclusion from the side and it never bothers me. The only time I see it is when I WANT to see it.

Jaime

MissAva

Ideal_Rock

MrsDarlinJoy,
You are right Richard did a FANTASTIC job and I know that he made this process that much smoother.
36.gif

The stone will be in T-town in another few hours…I hope I love it too. As nice as it was to talk to Brian yesterday, I would like our next conversation to be one where I have good news. As this cannot be much fun for WF either.

Researcher- Yes Whiteflash is handling this very nicely. They really understand the gut punch that a person gets when something like this happens, and I believe that is why they are being so generous with the next stone.

Lil_Jay- Congrats on picking a vendor to work with, it is not an easy choice to make. The folks at Whiteflash are great to work with, I will be looking for your SMTR thread.

Miss Lorelei- I have got my fingers, toes and my legs crossed that this stone will work out.
2.gif
Whiteflash is being excellent about sending me this stone (and any other I am sure) but I am nervous about mailing things and quite frankly I would like to have a ring back on my finger.

Marraihlyn- Sadly I am on central time!
15.gif
But I will be on my way there (FedEx) in two hours. Normally I rip into my WF packages the second they are in my hot little hands, but this time I think I will have to wait to get home….yikes I want to see it now! Thank you for your encouraging words about your SI2 I hope mine will be as lovely as yours is!

It is so good to have a place to come and discuss this. When I have tried with non-PSers every goes into instant outrage mode, though some of their reactions were so over the top I sort of wish I had a video camera I could have posted them here and everyone could have had a laugh. I know that ya’ll will give honest opinions about what you think of the photos I post….*fingers crossed that it will be AMAZING* Wasn’t it so nice of Brian to make sure that the package went out last night.
36.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i''m rooting for you Mat and can''t wait to hear about the new diamond, I just hope the results don''t come in after I am in bed tonight, but you can bet I will be checking this thread first thing in the morning!
3.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Are you kidding me???
32.gif
I could not sleep but I cannot seem to focus on work...so now my apt is quite clean. Tick Tock Tick Tock...
emclock.gif
An hour left to wait, I am finally getting the onemoresleep threads. I just want to know if I love it or not, I feel a bit mental being so anxious over this. *sigh* 55mins.

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Mat,
I''m so sorry to hear what happened to your stone
15.gif
. I know you''ll always have a sentimental attachment to the one V proposed with, but hopefully you will be able to love a new stone just the same. Maybe V can propose again
31.gif

Hope it works out & I can''t wait to see the progress on the new stone & setting!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Mat - I would be going crazy too!
32.gif
Hang in there, can''t WAIT to hear the verdict!

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
I''m going crazy for you Mat!
32.gif
I''ve checked your thread about 5 times this morning already forgetting the time difference! Good luck!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock

Ya’ll are worse then I am…it is only 8:35am seriously why does time never move this slowly when I cant get something to print or I am running late.

Danielle- He actually mentioned that to me. It is a tempting thought, minus the fact that we wont see each other until mid-May. It is a thought though…

11.gif

Lorelei- 25 minutes to go…argh! This is nearly as bad as trying to focus on V over the Yule holidays before he proposed (you know that whole 24 hours he made me wait…)

2.gif

Princess V- Great I have made ya’ll into nutters too! Yippee! Less then half and hour! EEKK!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Any news??????
3.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I have it, and I dont know.
15.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
oh no.... that''s not the reaction you and all of us were hoping for...

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Oh no!!!

How can you be looking at an 2+ carat ACA and not be totally thrilled?
2.gif

Is it the inclusions? Do tell!!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/29/2006 10:42:31 AM
Author: jcrow
oh no.... that''s not the reaction you and all of us were hoping for...
I know I am crying again...

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
39.gif
39.gif
8.gif

Seriously Mat, if you aren't sure, take some time and see what V thinks, but if it isn't right, it isn't the one and you will find it! What are you seeing?

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
{{HUGS!!!!}}

Hon, there are others out there that WF would be happy to bring in. It doesn''t *have* to be this one. {BIG hug}

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Oh Honey! **HUGS***

Don''t worry...you''ll find the right one. It probably doesn''t help that V isn''t there with you. Call him up right now to talk about it. He''ll make you feel better!

I''m so sorry!!!!!!!!!!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
There is an inclusion dead center of the stone, I saw it the moment I opened the box. I showed it to J and she goes “oh it has a little something on the middle of the stone”.

Lorelei- V is in NY and I am in AL...

I will take and post some photos.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
dang it!! urgh~ that sucks.

move on and find the one that's right for the two of you!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The pics would be good, what a shame, but that might really bug you. You will find the right one, but think about it and see what V says, that makes it worse that you are apart, I know how you feel.
15.gif
Look forward to seeing the pics anyway!

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
Oh darn, I was really hoping you would like the stone.
7.gif
It may take some time, but the right one is out there for you, I guarantee it.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
here she is

J SI2 from wf 1.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results