shape
carat
color
clarity

Irony of never wanting to change (new stone)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
I think you''ll just need to see it yourself to know if it''s ok by *you*. Everyone''s eyes are different, and what isn''t a good choice for one may be a great choice for another.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2006 6:05:18 PM
Author: mrssalvo
Oh mat, i''m so sorry
7.gif
. this kinda reminds me of Laney''s story when her original diamond broke. She had a tough time finding and falling for a new stone but now she LOVES it and I know you''re going to find another one that will speak to your hearts just as much.
Thank you Mrs. Salvo, I am hope you are right. It seems so weird that I have had my ring less then a month since I got engaged in December.
28.gif

It feels weird to be considering other stones, almost deja vu. Didnt V and I just do this? When I get this finished and back on my hand you will need a crow bar to pry it off.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2006 6:09:45 PM
Author: Mara
I didn''t say the stone is ''icky'' ... just thought I''d advise that the inclusions may be visible from the side. Maybe not. Good luck.
Sorry I spend a good portion of my time with the under 5 crowd (child development research), so my vernacular is not always on with adult conversation.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2006 5:54:24 PM
Author: Kaleidoscopic
Matarola,

That is such an awful thing that happened to you, but I am so glad that the people at WF made it as stress free as possible.

What made you decide to upgrade?
i was assuming (never safe to assume..i know!) that wf was upgrading her diamond gratuitously. hence my secret diamond chip wish
27.gif

(bad bad me!)

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2006 6:10:32 PM
Author: aljdewey
I think you''ll just need to see it yourself to know if it''s ok by *you*. Everyone''s eyes are different, and what isn''t a good choice for one may be a great choice for another.
I am curious now to know if this is the stone ya''ll saw on your visit. And you are 100% right, I know others that are not fond of the warmer tones the way I shy away from the higher ones.
Either way about this stone I hope to know soon.
*cross your fingers that it gets shipped out tonight*

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2006 6:13:59 PM
Author: Matatora

Date: 3/28/2006 6:10:32 PM
Author: aljdewey
I am curious now to know if this is the stone ya''ll saw on your visit. And you are 100% right, I know others that are not fond of the warmer tones the way I shy away from the higher ones.
Either way about this stone I hope to know soon.
*cross your fingers that it gets shipped out tonight*
Yes, Mat, it''s the stone we saw.

Mara was looking at it for her upgrade.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
I''ll be eager to hear what you think of it, too. I think you just might ADORE it! Remember, Mara and Alj scrutinized it *unset*, and once it''s set, and prongs are covering a large part of the pav... I think all you would see is sparkle and... SIZE!
31.gif

Small

Brilliant_Rock
How awful for you! It''s great though that WF is doing everything they can to find you the perfect diamond. I hope this one is a winner...good luck!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, what an ordeal! I''m so sorry Mat. I''m just glad that WF is bending over backwards for you...they are great that way, huh? I hope you end up falling in love with a new stone...I''m sure you will!

I don''t know if this has been asked yet, but are you going to keep your old stone and have it re-cut?

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2006 6:28:57 PM
Author: Lynn B
I''ll be eager to hear what you think of it, too. I think you just might ADORE it! Remember, Mara and Alj scrutinized it *unset*, and once it''s set, and prongs are covering a large part of the pav... I think all you would see is sparkle and... SIZE!
31.gif
Thanks Lynn!
I am very nervous, and I just want to make the right decision as there will be no more changes after this.(God willing and the creek dont rise.) Does it sounds silly that I am scared about what I will see?

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2006 6:55:11 PM
Author: KristyDarling
Wow, what an ordeal! I''m so sorry Mat. I''m just glad that WF is bending over backwards for you...they are great that way, huh? I hope you end up falling in love with a new stone...I''m sure you will!

I don''t know if this has been asked yet, but are you going to keep your old stone and have it re-cut?
KristyDarling- Whiteflash is so customer oriented, talking to John and learning about WF from him was a big part of the reason we went with them in the first place.

As for my stone I am not sure what will happen to it now. Perhaps John or Lesley will chime in.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2006 7:11:21 PM
Thanks Lynn!
I am very nervous, and I just want to make the right decision as there will be no more changes after this.(God willing and the creek dont rise.) Does it sounds silly that I am scared about what I will see?
Don''t be scared - you may not see anything. I recall that I had a really hard time seeing the inclusions in that stone. Everyone''s eyes are different.

However, if you don''t absolutely love it, here''s another option.....pretty much the same price as the 2.225 J, and it''s reeeeeeeeally close to what you had:

http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-2313843.htm

argh&stuff

Shiny_Rock
Since you said I could ask any other questions I have, I will.

Do you think WF would be as "accomodating" in the same situation, if it were a much smaller stone?

I would assume so, but I still want to be be as sure as I can be before I do this. It''s HUGE for me!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2006 7:45:19 PM
Author: argh&stuff

Do you think WF would be as ''accomodating'' in the same situation, if it were a much smaller stone?

I would assume so, but I still want to be be as sure as I can be before I do this. It''s HUGE for me!
I already know for a fact that they would. There was a minor issue with a pendant stone I bought from them (.74) ....nothing serious at all, but they bent over backwards to make sure I was happy.

No worries, A&S.
1.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2006 7:45:19 PM
Author: argh&stuff

Do you think WF would be as ''accomodating'' in the same situation, if it were a much smaller stone?

Yes I do, Brian, John and Lesley are all super they are direct and honest. The money is not the issue here, but the emotion behind the stone, which IMO does not correlate to stone size. The people at Whiteflash have shown so clearly in this situation that their number one priority is their costumer satisfaction.

Carlotta

Shiny_Rock
WOW...so sorry to hear this......it must have been/still is quite traumatic!!!
I know it can happen, and I''m scared every time someone works on my jewelry....

But did they say what caused it??? A badly placed inclusion?? Just curious.......

It''s good that it is being worked out, though...I know you miss your ring, but take your time and get what you want and LOVE
30.gif

If you get the bigger stone, will you keep a similar head????

Thinking of you!!! Try to be calm...............

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Also, I think you will be WOW''ED by the SIZE! That''s a KILLER size, hard to come by right now, too!

cymbrie

Shiny_Rock
Oh Matatora I''m so sorry to hear about this...yes pix are graphic yeesh! I''m glad to hear WF is doing their best to remedy the situation best of luck and keep us posted on the new stone.

argh&stuff

Shiny_Rock
Well good!

I hope you get the new stone to look over soon. AND, I hope it rocks and is easy to "fall in love with", too.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Mat, Oh, so sorry this is happening to you
7.gif
And I know with the whole half eternity/blister thing you have already gone through a lot with this ring. If the inclusions don''t bother you, it would be cool to get 2.25 carats. Maybe you could view it as an inadvertent upgrade, to try to make the best of the situation.

I have not yet worked with WF but have a very favorable impression of them overall. It does seem weird that there has been so much trouble with Mat''s rings - the setting that hurt her, the head that wouldn''t stay tight, and now this... and didn''t you have trouble with them not making your beautiful spinnel the way that you had drawn it the first time? I am so glad that they are accomodating and that they will get it right for you, but why so many problems to begin with? Just bad luck that could happen with any jeweler?

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Oh Matatora I can''t believe your beautiful diamond got chipped! I''m sure this has been just awful for you, but I''m glad at least that Whiteflash is standing by you and making this as right as it can be under the circumstances. Keep us posted on what you think of this new diamond.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2006 8:22:15 PM
Author: gailrmv
7.gif
And I know with the whole half eternity/blister thing you have already gone through a lot with this ring. If the inclusions don''t bother you, it would be cool to get 2.25 carats. Maybe you could view it as an inadvertent upgrade, to try to make the best of the situation.

I have not yet worked with WF but have a very favorable impression of them overall. It does seem weird that there has been so much trouble with Mat''s rings - the setting that hurt her, the head that wouldn''t stay tight, and now this... and didn''t you have trouble with them not making your beautiful spinnel the way that you had drawn it the first time? I am so glad that they are accomodating and that they will get it right for you, but why so many problems to begin with? Just bad luck that could happen with any jeweler?
GlairMV-
I agree about the issues with my ring, I have actually come to think that it was cursed. Not because it was from WF just that I was not meant to have an eternity ring. Facets told me that my stone was not for a shared prong and then I had all those issues with it. I do not know what to do with the setting now. I am working on it.
The necklace was not their fault in the least, I just wanted the stones a bit closer, the quality is top notch! I wear the necklace at least at least once a week.

On another note WF emailed me and the stone is going from TX to AL right now! Get ready for oddles of photos!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2006 9:11:04 PM

7.gif

GlairMV-
I agree about the issues with my ring, I have actually come to think that it was cursed. Not because it was from WF just that I was not meant to have an eternity ring. Facets told me that my stone was not for a shared prong and then I had all those issues with it. I do not know what to do with the setting now. I am working on it.
The necklace was not their fault in the least, I just wanted the stones a bit closer, the quality is top notch! I wear the necklace at least at least once a week.

On another note WF emailed me and the stone is going from TX to AL right now! Get ready for oddles of photos!
I can sympathize, my original setting had a bunch of issues too - it was in WG with channel set rounds. The rounds kept coming loose, and I was much less saavy then and I didn''t know about rhodium plating and I was alarmed that half the time I got my ring fixed they would polish off the plating and not replace it and then I would have a yellowish ring. I did not enjoy my e-ring very much at all because the stones were loose all the time
7.gif
I had a temp setting and now my solitaire which I chose largely so that I wouldn''t have to worry about sidestones anymore. Love the setting, but it''s not the reason you should have to choose.

What setting are you considering now? I bet your eternity band would look great with a sapphire, or can they take out the head and make it just a band? That would be an awesome wedding band or RHR. Do you have the set? If so you could wear the two eternity rings to flank a thin solitaire and it would be almost the look of an eternity set.

And now I am paranoid that my stone could be chipped - haven''t looked at it under a loupe in a long time, and not since the re-set (stupid I know, but it didn''t occur to me until now). Need to get it reappraised to update insurance. I''m glad you were so vigilant and they caught it right away.
Gail

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2006 8:33:07 PM
Author: Sundial
Oh Matatora I can''t believe your beautiful diamond got chipped! I''m sure this has been just awful for you, but I''m glad at least that Whiteflash is standing by you and making this as right as it can be under the circumstances. Keep us posted on what you think of this new diamond.
Who me posting oodles of pictures?
31.gif
Why Miss Sundial where ever would you get that idea? Give it about 15 hours I should have the stone by then. I am hopeful…
4.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2006 9:20:37 PM

Date: 3/28/2006 9:11:04 PM

7.gif

GlairMV-

I can sympathize, my original setting had a bunch of issues too - it was in WG with channel set rounds. The rounds kept coming loose, and I was much less saavy then and I didn''t know about rhodium plating and I was alarmed that half the time I got my ring fixed they would polish off the plating and not replace it and then I would have a yellowish ring. I did not enjoy my e-ring very much at all because the stones were loose all the time
7.gif
I had a temp setting and now my solitaire which I chose largely so that I wouldn''t have to worry about sidestones anymore. Love the setting, but it''s not the reason you should have to choose.

What setting are you considering now? I bet your eternity band would look great with a sapphire, or can they take out the head and make it just a band? That would be an awesome wedding band or RHR. Do you have the set? If so you could wear the two eternity rings to flank a thin solitaire and it would be almost the look of an eternity set.

And now I am paranoid that my stone could be chipped - haven''t looked at it under a loupe in a long time, and not since the re-set (stupid I know, but it didn''t occur to me until now). Need to get it reappraised to update insurance. I''m glad you were so vigilant and they caught it right away.
Gail
Gail,
I did not catch it at all, I have not seen my stone in person since it happened. Richard Sherwood saw it, documented it (there was a letter also) and then contacted me ASAP. He is the reason it was caught, Richard has been such a sweetheart to me. I could not say enough nice things about Mr. Sherwood.

BrownEyes

Shiny_Rock
Matatora:

So sorry to read of the saga of your ring, but glad to know that WF is making things right. I''m confused about your setting, however, and am wondering if you are thinking of changing it ... When you have a minute can you please clarify?

In the meantime, if the J/SI2 isn''t everything you dreamed of, you might want to consider this:

http://www.whiteflash.com/diamonds/diamond_Details.aspx?itemcode=AGS-6339303

I realize you''ve probably viewed every 1.75 - 2.3 ACA diamond out there, but I figured it wouldn''t hurt to most in case you missed this one for some reason.

Best of luck to you and your FI, and hooray for WF
36.gif
for bending over backwards to make things right for you.

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
we should start a thread in honor of all of us who have had engagement ring pitfalls!

Im so sorry you have to go through this, but as everyone said, it will all work out. i would also be excited to have an inadvertent upgrade to a great size!

hang in there :)

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2006 9:45:25 PM
Author: BrownEyes
Matatora:

So sorry to read of the saga of your ring, but glad to know that WF is making things right. I''m confused about your setting, however, and am wondering if you are thinking of changing it ... When you have a minute can you please clarify?

In the meantime, if the J/SI2 isn''t everything you dreamed of, you might want to consider this:

http://www.whiteflash.com/diamonds/diamond_Details.aspx?itemcode=AGS-6339303

I realize you''ve probably viewed every 1.75 - 2.3 ACA diamond out there, but I figured it wouldn''t hurt to most in case you missed this one for some reason.

Best of luck to you and your FI, and hooray for WF
36.gif
for bending over backwards to make things right for you.
Browneyes,
I will be changing the setting. I am not 100% on what I will be changing it to. If I put the new stone in the original setting I will spend 23.5/7 comparing it to the stone V gave me, that and my paranoia has taken over. I am generally not a superstitious kind of girl, but I cannot seem to help myself.
As for the other stone that one has been mentioned to Whiteflash already, Pricescopers have great eyes!
36.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
photos in 15hrs? doesn''t fedex open in 13?
11.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2006 10:03:36 PM
Author: belle
photos in 15hrs? doesn''t fedex open in 13?
11.gif
emembarrassed.gif
Actually it opens in 12 (9am CST)...but come on Miss Belle, I have to have time to drool or sigh, take an overload of pictures, load them up label them and post them here... I will have them ASAP, promise!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results