shape
carat
color
clarity

Irony of never wanting to change (new stone)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
oh wow! wonderful setting! i have been very intrigued with that setting ever since you first posted it. i am have been eager to see it on real hands- glad to know that they''ll be yours!!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/31/2006 10:55:09 PM
Author: Mara
oh even better, an original!! i can''t wait to see the pictures!!

right now, i am so hungry for 2c+ stones in rings so that i can live vicariously through...haha!
No worries there...I will have my camera charged and ready to go!

You are making me even more excited about this!
9.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/31/2006 10:55:09 PM
Author: Mara
oh even better, an original!! i can''t wait to see the pictures!!

right now, i am so hungry for 2c+ stones in rings so that i can live vicariously through...haha!
you can always stroll through this

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Lockes Diamonds
Date: 3/31/2006 10:55:32 PM
Author: sevens one
does Lockes have a website?

That setting looks perfect and very sturdy. love those six prong settings
Thank you!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/31/2006 10:57:22 PM
Author: jcrow
oh wow! wonderful setting! i have been very intrigued with that setting ever since you first posted it. i am have been eager to see it on real hands- glad to know that they''ll be yours!!
He he, I have seen it on my hands...it looks spiffy!
31.gif

I cannot wait for it to get here! I want to see it, now!
11.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
OH WOW!
30.gif
What a gorgeous diamond and a truly gorgeous setting. That stone is going to look HUGE! WooHoo! Cannot wait for photos.

Questions... how wide is the e-ring band? What kind of wedding band will you get? OH! This story is going to have SUCH A HAPPY ENDING!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Congratulations!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/31/2006 11:06:08 PM
Author: Lynn B
OH WOW!
30.gif
What a gorgeous diamond and a truly gorgeous setting. That stone is going to look HUGE! WooHoo! Cannot wait for photos.

Questions... how wide is the e-ring band? What kind of wedding band will you get? OH! This story is going to have SUCH A HAPPY ENDING!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Congratulations!
The shank of the ring is 2.5 mm (the WF diamond band was 2.3mm). I will probably get a plain plat band so that my wedding band will look just like V''s.
30.gif
There is something romantic to that in my eyes. Though he has offered to get/let me get a large 5 or 7 stone band as well…we will see.
31.gif

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
You''ve really got a stunner!
3.gif

Congratulations.
36.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love that setting Mat, classic and elegant - just the right showcase for that honker!
36.gif
36.gif

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE you new diamond and setting! I love solitaires and that one is so cool, just a little different, ya know? You have truly excellent taste. Can''t wait to see it!
Any thoughts on what you will do with your old setting? I''m sure it would suck to see all those diamonds sitting unused in your jewelry box; maybe you could have a sapphire put in there or (I suggested this earlier) have them take out the head and re-work it to make an eternity band?

Arnel_Regina

Rough_Rock
Wow Mat,

Glad everything worked out for you in the end (WF working with you, getting a bigger rock, etc.). Can''t wait til you post the rock in th finished setting. Just wondering if WF caught this before they sent it to the appraiser? The pics are mucho magnified. I guess having an appraiser is very important!!!!!!!!

Another question...prongs should be tightened about 1x a year. Does that mean you need to get it reappraised every year too?

Sorry for the silly questions. I don''t post often but I absorb as much as I can...mostly I''m drooling at all the pretty pics.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mat
35.gif

congrats, WOW!!! looks like you found a beauty
30.gif
10.gif
can''t wait to see it, when finish.
36.gif
36.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Mat!

I went home for the weekend, and missed the new pictures.

The stone looks absolutely lovely (not to mention huge), and I am so glad that you have found a stone to fall in love with again.

The new setting is going to be absolutely amazing. I love the simple feminine solitaire.

AND- congrats on the job. what a crazy week for you!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/1/2006 12:08:17 AM
Author: Richard Sherwood
God I love that setting. It is truly beautiful. Graceful, yet solid, feminine, yet bold.

Wow.

Great choice.

Thank you Richard! I am particularly looking forward to the solid part, I hope you like it just as much when you see it in person.

Lmudern- Thank you, she was quite sparkly…I hope she likes her new home.

Lorelei- aww you made me blush

Glairmv-I am not sure what to do about the original setting. I do have a loose oval sitting(spinel) in my jewelry box right now so I suppose I could do that. V and I are both march babies (18th and the 22nd) and I was think maybe we could have an aquamarine the same size as the other little stones put into the band so it would be all diamonds and then one of our birthstone…but I don’t know if that would mean it would need to be re-cast, which I don’t want to do right now.

Arnel-Regina- No Whiteflash did not notice what had happened before the ring was sent to Richard. Though later I was told that it was visible in the exit pictures. I don’t know how often prongs ought to be tightened, as for getting it appraised yearly I think that would be a personal choice.

DancingFire- Thank you, hopefully you will not have to wait too long for pictures.

Icekid- it has been a crazy few weeks but that makes life interesting! Hopefully I will have my ring back soon never to leave me again!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Mat! You''re such a doll to take so many pics. I''ve been scrutinizing every single one, trying to find the elusive hint of color but I don''t see anything. Its so beautiful, and honestly, I LOVE LOVE your new setting. I liked the old one too, but the setting you chose is even (in my opinion) more beautiful. I think it''s the head of the ring ring, just gives me some chills! Thanks a million times, although you''re making my choices more difficult. We haven''t as of yet thown J''s in the mix. My boy has his eye on a 2 ct H, but I''m hesitating because it''s SO much money. Can''t wait to see that monster on your hand! Congrats !!!

kathleenmv

Shiny_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous stone and such a lovely setting!
30.gif
'');" alt="Insert smilie
30.gif
" src="http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/30.gif" border="0"> I just love a happy ending. Congrats!!
36.gif
'');" alt="Insert smilie
36.gif
" src="http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/36.gif" align="absMiddle border=0">

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Hey Mat,
I know that the stone will be bigger but is this new setting going to be higher than your current one?

(I think putting a plain plat. band next to it will be perfect. I noticed by doing that it makes the center stone look even bigger)
can''t wait...............
emclock.gif
32.gif

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, Mat. It looks like a winner. Love the setting.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/1/2006 9:41:16 AM
Hey Mat,
I know that the stone will be bigger but is this new setting going to be higher than your current one?

(I think putting a plain plat. band next to it will be perfect. I noticed by doing that it makes the center stone look even bigger)
emclock.gif
32.gif
Miss Nan,
The folks at Lockes set things as low as possible, I think the new ring will actually end up being lower to my hand then my original engagement ring. I cant be entirely sure...I never measured the distance from my hand to the top of my stone, and I dont have it any longer.
I took a little blurb from their web site...it was the closest I could find to answer your question.

lockes stones set low.JPG

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/1/2006 9:26:41 AM
Author: kathleenmv
Absolutely gorgeous stone and such a lovely setting!
30.gif
'');'' alt=""Insert smilie
30.gif
'' src="http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/30.gif" border=0> I just love a happy ending. Congrats!!
36.gif
'');'' alt=""Insert smilie
36.gif
'' src="http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/36.gif" align=absMiddle border=0>
Thanks! Me too!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/1/2006 9:23:55 AM
Author: allycat0303
Mat! You''re such a doll to take so many pics. I''ve been scrutinizing every single one, trying to find the elusive hint of color but I don''t see anything. Its so beautiful, and honestly, I LOVE LOVE your new setting. I liked the old one too, but the setting you chose is even (in my opinion) more beautiful. I think it''s the head of the ring ring, just gives me some chills! Thanks a million times, although you''re making my choices more difficult. We haven''t as of yet thown J''s in the mix. My boy has his eye on a 2 ct H, but I''m hesitating because it''s SO much money. Can''t wait to see that monster on your hand! Congrats !!!
Wow, thank you Ally! When I get the ring back I will take more pictures but I would really like to have the ring before passover...I have not had a ring since mid Feb and that feels like forever just now...you know how it is.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/1/2006 11:20:30 AM
Author: Matatora

Date: 4/1/2006 9:41:16 AM
Hey Mat,

emclock.gif
32.gif
Miss Nan,
The folks at Lockes set things as low as possible, I think the new ring will actually end up being lower to my hand then my original engagement ring. I cant be entirely sure...I never measured the distance from my hand to the top of my stone, and I dont have it any longer.
I took a little blurb from their web site...it was the closest I could find to answer your question.
Thanks Mat
I wish their website had more styles on it. I didn''t even see your solitaire setting.
I would love to see some other solitaire mountings.

This is going to be great. Sounds like it will be quite sturdy and protective of the new "J"
36.gif

squarediamondlove

Shiny_Rock
Just though I''d check up on your progress .... Motorola, the pics of the stone look absolutely fabulous.
30.gif

Plus I love the setting you suggested; it seems like a great choice!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/1/2006 1:40:55 PM
Author: Kaleidoscopic
Just though I''d check up on your progress .... Motorola, the pics of the stone look absolutely fabulous.
30.gif

Plus I love the setting you suggested; it seems like a great choice!

Quick check in too Mat - you must be so excited!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE ITI LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT

And oh yeah, I LOOOOOOVE IT!!!!

I''m so sorry you had to go through all of this, but this little (ha!) 2.16 baby is just perfection and I really love the new locke setting. HOORAY!!!!!!! The graceful curves and surprise diamond are just going to cradle that HUGE J!!! LOVE!!
30.gif
30.gif

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
That setting is just perfection! I LOVE it.
And the diamond is breathtaking, too.

Having started with a knockoff setting, I agree with the wisdom of buying the real deal.
My setting never lived up to my expectations. Just recently, I had Quest give it a make-over and now I like it MUCH better.
BUT, if I had it to do over, I'd just get something fabulous.

ANYWAY- BEEEYOOOOOTEEEEful choice! I love your taste.
This is gonna be a STUNNER.
congrats on a happy ending!!

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Man, I just keep going back to drool at that setting! I really, really love it. DEFINITELY one of my all-time fave solitaires...Mat, I really can''t wait to see this on you! It''s going to be fantastic!

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Matatora ~
emrose.gif

Thank you so much for posting all of your pics
face23.gif
! I am so excited for you!
36.gif
9.gif

I have a SI1 J too, I will just call her your diamonds "lil baby sister" at .72 ct!
31.gif

I haven''t seen it yet, Jonathan is taking good care of it until I can find a setting, and I am getting restless, as I haven''t found a setting that is thin enough, and beautiful! I was going to have one made ... I was going to settle for just something to finally get that diamond on my figner, but it didn''t work out. Maybe because something better around the corner was going to appear! ???

I never have really liked the 6 prong look ... until now! This is the first ring that has 6 prongs, a beautiful unique and classy head ... and thin at 2.5mm! Plain band ... shiny! that I love!
30.gif
emlove.gif
30.gif

Oh my gosh, please do tell me more about having that setting on your finger. I would appreciate any info you have ... I am not one to steal ideas or anyone eles''s sunshine
emhot.gif
and rainbow
emrainbow.gif
spotlight ... but I have been searching since Hubby gave me the $$ to buy the diamond, and havent'' found anything that makes my heart sing
emnote.gif
emnote.gif
... until now. I wonder if they make "lil sister settings?

Oh ... please do tell ... The pic you posted looks oh so feminine, classy, tasteful, unique, looks like it''s quality made, and those surpise diamonds ... oh my ... give it just the right amount of what I call "fru-fru" without being too much!
30.gif
18.gif

Your diamond is going to just be "EXQUISITE!!!" in this setting! Much happiness to you and Hubby ... sitting on edge of seat to see new pics in about 2 weeks!

Have an excelent weekend to all!
35.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Sevens One- If you click the link I posted and then go to Education and then engagement ring guide you can see the side shot that I posted here, that is the only photo of it up however.
Their store on Madison was very sleek and minimalist but the things on display we incredible! The impression got was that they don’t want too much publicity and that they are shooting for a certain kind of client…and that if too much of what they have is posted that others will try to have a knock off made. I can understand why that would bother them as their pieces are very unique looking to me even after a year on pricescope, and no one wants their work replicated without their permission. That said they are very willing to do what the client wants and respond to both emails and phone calls very quickly.

Kaleidoscopic- Why thank you! I ought to have the ring in the next two weeks if all goes well…I keep checking the tracking number…I hate mailing things. I took the pictures with my cannon though, not my cell phone. I still have not got the hang of it.

37.gif

Lorelei- I am soo wananananana!

32.gif
30.gif
31.gif
32.gif
I am trying really hard to focus on other things but right now I am just looking forward to see THE RING on my hand…12 days!

Blueroses- Thank you! I am still missing my ring…but I think that will lessen somewhat when the new one gets here!

4.gif

Dbgaap- I like my taste too and I think this setting is a little more me…I am more understated person and I am rough on my things…though I must admit those shard prong settings are awfully yummy!

18.gif

HOUMedGal- Oh wow! Thank you or such a nice compliment!
9.gif
I cannot wait to see it either…wish I did not have to!
emclock.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results