shape
carat
color
clarity

Irony of never wanting to change (new stone)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Mata, I love it. It looks so beautiful. It''s got this tone to it in some of the pics that is so gorgeous!!!! It''s definitely a keeper.

shay

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
WOW! WOW! WOW!
30.gif

What a stunner! I am so happy for you about this stone and the job too! Looks like the sun has come out in Alabama today...in more ways than one!
10.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Okey Dokey!
Yes I am keeping this stone! Thank you, to everyone who sent good vibes, mojo and positive thoughts my way. Ya’ll can uncross your fingers now…..and pass me some pie!
MrsSalvo- I would like to be wearing full time soon as well, but I will not be putting it back in the original setting.

Mara- Can I have some real whip cream too? I bake rather nicely...just dont ask me to cook.
32.gif

Sundial- My diamond says thank you for all the fine compliments!

Kristy Darling- Thank you! I will be posting about the setting once it is final!

Lorelei- If you come over I will make peanut butter pie with chocolate chips, and slime brownies.

FireGoddess- My mind is made up, she is a lovely, yummy stone and *crosses fingers* hopefully will soon be set and on my finger.

Small- Thanks! I like it too! I will post hand shots as soon as they are taken ;-)

Lorelei- Rest easy, the stone is going to have a nice permanent home with me.

Jcrow- *blushes* Thank you I love my little camera, it does all the work for me. The stone V proposed with was an expert selection stone.

Shay- I love the depth of the stone too!

About the photos, the ones outside were posting so Ally can consider a J, so I only posted the ones which showed the greatest amount of tint, or warmth etc.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/31/2006 3:52:56 PM
Author: fatafelice
WOW! WOW! WOW!
30.gif

What a stunner! I am so happy for you about this stone and the job too! Looks like the sun has come out in Alabama today...in more ways than one!
10.gif
Thanks! I plan on using all the silly feeling I have right now to write my mass movements paper this weekend....with of course an occasional photo break.
31.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Okay...we have choosen the setting. If all goes well I should have it set and back before Passover.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
oh- please do tell!

that''s what i thought (ES). so do you see any noticable difference as far as sparkle and what not between the ES and ACA?

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/31/2006 6:05:14 PM
Author: jcrow
oh- please do tell!

that''s what i thought (ES). so do you see any noticable difference as far as sparkle and what not between the ES and ACA?
I do but I am not sure how to explain it, maybe crisper...diffrent yes but both are very lovely!

stermag

Shiny_Rock
Mat, it''s gorgeous. I could look at these photos forever. I am glad you have found a worthy replacement.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so glad that you found another stone that you liked. While I know this situation would have never been your choice, you are getting a bigger sparklie!

What does the new setting look like? Will you just keep the old one to set something else in?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/31/2006 6:02:56 PM
Author: Matatora
Okay...we have choosen the setting. If all goes well I should have it set and back before Passover.

I didn''t know you had decided to change your setting too? What are you changing to and why, if you don''t mind me asking?
1.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I posted this setting last summer and since then a few other people have looked at it…I don’t know if anyone else has seen it in person. But I think this is the right choice, it is more sturdy then my original ring and hopefully once I have this one I will be able to wear it without any more issues.

lockes sig setting.JPG

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/31/2006 9:32:33 PM
Author: mrssalvo

Date: 3/31/2006 6:02:56 PM

I didn''t know you had decided to change your setting too? What are you changing to and why, if you don''t mind me asking?
1.gif
Mrs Salvo, I had my ring less then a month (total) after I was engaged, it just had some issues with the stone coming loose (it just never wanted to be in that setting...)….and yea that was really frustrating for me. I just want to be able to wear my ring.

I posted a longer explanation earlier in the thread.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m SO glad you are going with that, Mat! I know how much you love it. Obviously, I would agree that it is beautiful.
9.gif
You were the one who brought that design to my attention last year and it served as my inspiration ring for my solitaire setting from JA. I love, love, love it!! Are you gonna buy it from Lockes, or have WF copy it? JA made mine as a 4-prong and forgot to set the prongs NS-EW like shown in the picture and as I requested.
20.gif
I still love how it turned out but as you know, I had a serious safety issue with it. The prongs were too delicate and it just wasn''t good for everyday wear, so my stone kept getting loose. I know you will be on top of that, though, since you had the same issues with your old ring. I can''t wait to see it!!!!
9.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love that setting Mat and it''s going to look great with your new stone..

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh my! i remember you posted that previously mat!

i might have to consider that head for my setting..hmmmm. maybe without a surprise diamond!

i will be tuned in to see how it turns out!! all i know for my head is i want something fluid looking with 6 prongs and i wouldn't mind a bit of side design but who knows. that 2.16 will be fabulous in the setting!!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/31/2006 9:49:07 PM
Author: KristyDarling
I''m SO glad you are going with that, Mat! I know how much you love it. Obviously, I would agree that it is beautiful.
9.gif
You were the one who brought that design to my attention last year and it served as my inspiration ring for my solitaire setting from JA. I love, love, love it!! Are you gonna buy it from Lockes, or have WF copy it? JA made mine as a 4-prong and forgot to set the prongs NS-EW like shown in the picture and as I requested.
20.gif
I still love how it turned out but as you know, I had a serious safety issue with it. The prongs were too delicate and it just wasn''t good for everyday wear, so my stone kept getting loose. I know you will be on top of that, though, since you had the same issues with your old ring. I can''t wait to see it!!!!
9.gif
A while back Golden Oak (I don’t know if he still posts I have not seen him around recently) made a post about how if you love the original you ought to buy that rather then pay some one to copy it. Bill Pearlman also commented about the importance of buying from the original designer when the piece is unique. It really stuck with me.
I am buying it directly from Locke’s, I have seen the ring twice in person. The prongs are less delicate then my ring from Whiteflash. I like smaller prongs but I would rather have a ring that is on my finger and being worn.

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Mat, I LOOOOOOVE your new stone! Somehow I missed your thread, and I just now read through it! I''m sorry you had to go through the crappiness of having to replace your original stone, but you got one killer of a replacement! And I also loooooooove the setting you''ve chosen. I think that will really highlight the "ginormousness" of the new stone!!! hehe. I can''t WAIT to see the finished product!
36.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/31/2006 10:02:24 PM
Author: Mara
oh my! i remember you posted that previously mat!

i might have to consider that head for my setting..hmmmm. maybe without a surprise diamond!

i will be tuned in to see how it turns out!! all i know for my head is i want something fluid looking with 6 prongs and i wouldn''t mind a bit of side design but who knows. that 2.16 will be fabulous in the setting!!
Thank you! I excited about having a sturdy ring(okay any ring)....and I wont miss people grabbing my hand and going" OH MY LORD, bless her, look those diamonds go all the way around...."
20.gif

Your 2.32 is a MONSTER stone...it is going to kick bum no matter how you set it!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/31/2006 10:00:53 PM
Author: mrssalvo
I love that setting Mat and it''s going to look great with your new stone..
I hope so!
1.gif

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
I just saw it ...
6.gif

I just saw your new beautiful diamond!
30.gif

Oh my gosh Matatora ... you must be so thrilled!
36.gif

Are the butterflies making you float?
face23.gif

Man, a ray of sunshine must be consuming you right now!
emhot.gif
emlove.gif
emhot.gif

I am so happy for you. I am glad that the second diamond was cleaner and OOOOOhhhhh so beautiful!
emrose.gif
emlove.gif
emrose.gif

My daughter exclaimed ... "That''s one huuuge block of ice!"
emsmilep.gif

Much happiness to you and hubby, I am happily relieved that this was taken care of very quickly for you and not drawn out! Post more drool-worthy pics
emphoto.gif
when you have time.

Take care & have a super-terrific weekend!
35.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/31/2006 10:03:36 PM
Date: 3/31/2006 9:49:07 PM

9.gif
20.gif
9.gif
A while back Golden Oak (I don’t know if he still posts I have not seen him around recently) made a post about how if you love the original you ought to buy that rather then pay some one to copy it. Bill Pearlman also commented about the importance of buying from the original designer when the piece is unique. It really stuck with me.

I am buying it directly from Locke’s, I have seen the ring twice in person. The prongs are less delicate then my ring from Whiteflash. I like smaller prongs but I would rather have a ring that is on my finger and being worn.

Well you know I''m a huge fan of buying the real deal if that''s what you love. I''m ''almost'' as excited as you are
2.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/31/2006 10:03:43 PM
Author: HOUMedGal
Mat, I LOOOOOOVE your new stone! Somehow I missed your thread, and I just now read through it! I''m sorry you had to go through the crappiness of having to replace your original stone, but you got one killer of a replacement! And I also loooooooove the setting you''ve chosen. I think that will really highlight the ''ginormousness'' of the new stone!!! hehe. I can''t WAIT to see the finished product!
36.gif
Me either! The folks at Lockes close for Passover and they are hoping to have it to me before then. *crosses fingers*. The new setting has a wider shank then the original, but I think that will be allright.

Passover starts the 12th....so it is possible I could have it by then.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a very beautiful setting - can''t wait to see the finished ring!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mat -- in retrospect, I really really wish I had just bought that setting from Lockes too. Maybe I wouldn''t have ended up with the problems I had. JA was great to work with, but the process of copying an unusual design is so fraught with potential pitfalls.....well, I should have known better. I totally agree and I learned the hard way: if you love something a lot, just buy the real thing!
4.gif

By the 12th??? No way!!! I cannot wait! Especially since I''ve always wanted to see detailed real-life pictures of that Lockes solitaire!!!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/31/2006 10:11:53 PM
Author: Mrs Darlin Joy
I just saw it ...
6.gif

I just saw your new beautiful diamond!
30.gif

Oh my gosh Matatora ... you must be so thrilled!
36.gif

Are the butterflies making you float?
face23.gif

Man, a ray of sunshine must be consuming you right now!
emhot.gif
emlove.gif
emhot.gif

I am so happy for you. I am glad that the second diamond was cleaner and OOOOOhhhhh so beautiful!
emrose.gif
emlove.gif
emrose.gif

My daughter exclaimed ... ''That''s one huuuge block of ice!''
emsmilep.gif

Much happiness to you and hubby, I am happily relieved that this was taken care of very quickly for you and not drawn out! Post more drool-worthy pics
emphoto.gif
when you have time.

Take care & have a super-terrific weekend!
35.gif
Well, when I spoke with Lockes this evening, they told me if I overnighted the stone (so it would arrive Monday) that they would try and have it to me prior to the start of Passover- April 12th.
emthup.gif
If I waited then they were not sure if when it would be completed. Things move so quickly…So that little sparkler is in the hands of others….packed in three boxes each with enough bubble wrap to entertain a room full of kindergartners. I was worried about the box moving and making noise.
I thought about posting more pictures…but I feel a bit guilty posting so much. Now that the stone is out of my hands I am filled with nerves…yikes! I hope this works out!
Thank you for all the nice words about my new stone...it really is pretty.
4.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You will not regret buying the real deal. The look and quality of these pieces is well worth the money in IMO.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/31/2006 10:29:56 PM
Author: MissGotRocks
That is a very beautiful setting - can''t wait to see the finished ring!
Me either!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/31/2006 10:31:54 PM
Mat -- in retrospect, I really really wish I had just bought that setting from Lockes too. Maybe I wouldn''t have ended up with the problems I had. JA was great to work with, but the process of copying an unusual design is so fraught with potential pitfalls.....well, I should have known better. I totally agree and I learned the hard way: if you love something a lot, just buy the real thing!
4.gif

By the 12th??? No way!!! I cannot wait! Especially since I''ve always wanted to see detailed real-life pictures of that Lockes solitaire!!!

MrsSalvo- I could not agree more, it is simply more logical to get things straight from the source.

KristyDarling- I am hoping that they will be able to get it done. The stone will get to them monday...that they could get it taken care of so quickly seems amazing since they make the ring custom for each stone. I just looked at the calendar and realized that I could have the ring back in less then two weeks!
I need to call Richard and ask him when he can appraise it…I don’t know how I will give it up though…
MissGotRocks that is what I am thinking…we will find out shortly!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh even better, an original!! i can''t wait to see the pictures!!

right now, i am so hungry for 2c+ stones in rings so that i can live vicariously through...haha!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
does Lockes have a website?

That setting looks perfect and very sturdy. love those six prong settings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results