shape
carat
color
clarity

Irony of never wanting to change (new stone)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Little baby sister???? A .72 is a very nice sized stone!

I hope you are able to find something that moves you, settings are fairly pricey and it is stressful to have to send our diamonds away to camp.
I have always loved the six prong look, because to me it is classic and traditional which is what I am drawn to.
I am glad you like the setting I have chosen, and you would not be in any way stealing sunshine…PS is a place to find and share ideas and knowledge about diamonds.

In an email from Lockes I was told “In our store we have a number of different sizes of diamonds set in our signature solitaire. They range from .76ct to 2.01cts. It is a beautiful setting and looks equally gorgeous with smaller or larger diamonds.
The shank is 2.5mm. As our settings are handmade each one is made to accommodate the exact proportions of your diamond.” I am note sure if this means that your stone would meet their requirements (I had to send photos and some other info before they agreed, and they will review it Monday to make sure it fits their requirements.).

Right now the setting has not been made, it should go into production on Monday April 3rd and the gentleman I am working with said that they are hoping to have it to me sometime before they close for Passover (which is April 12th). Which strikes me as a nice turn around time. I am eager to have the ring back on my finger…oh I don’t know how I will ship it off to Richard!

I am not entirely sure what you would like to know but if you have any specific questions I would be happy to answer them if I can.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Okay this is the rest of them...to help tide us over.

loose J outside 1.JPG

MissAva

Ideal_Rock

loose J outside 4.JPG

MissAva

Ideal_Rock

loose J outside 6.JPG

MissAva

Ideal_Rock

loose J outside 8.JPG

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
emsmiled.gif
NICE
emsmiled.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Yummy pics Matatora!!!

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely!! I''m so glad this is the stone for you
10.gif
blindingly bright! I can''t wait to see the finished product and I''m sure you can''t wait to have a ring back on your hand either!

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/1/2006 3:55:33 PM
Author: Matatora

Yes and I can''t wait to see it!!!
9.gif
Yup ... baby sister alright, and when she grows up ... she wants to be just like her big sister ... 2 ct J SI1!
30.gif
31.gif

I have always loved the six prong look, because to me it is classic and traditional which is what I am drawn to.
The six prongs that I have seen around my town are so overly bulky ... there is more metal there than rock ... this one is airy, declicate yet sturdy looking, and alows the diamond to shine. I have never seen anything like it. The setting is beyond beautiful, your diamond is really going to be "Exquisite!"

In an email from Lockes I was told “In our store we have a number of different sizes of diamonds set in our signature solitaire. They range from .76ct to 2.01cts. It is a beautiful setting and looks equally gorgeous with smaller or larger diamonds.
I wonder if .72 will be too small? I am in the process of sending my diamond to Richard, I contacted him several weeks ago to see about pricing and now I just need to send him $ and have GOG send him my baby! I should contact Lockes and see about my diamond and if it might be possible? It couldn''t hurt to ask.

The shank is 2.5mm. As our settings are handmade each one is made to accommodate the exact proportions of your diamond.” I am note sure if this means that your stone would meet their requirements (I had to send photos and some other info before they agreed, and they will review it Monday to make sure it fits their requirements.)
I love that it is only 2.5mm!

I am not entirely sure what you would like to know but if you have any specific questions I would be happy to answer them if I can.
Did you try on the setting with a wedding band or eternity band? If so, how flush did they sit together?

Congrat''s Matatora ... I am so happy that your diamond has found a lovely new home with you and hubby!

Have a wonderful day!
35.gif

sarita

Brilliant_Rock
Matatora,

I am entering this thread late. I''m very sorry to hear what happened to you but hopefully, like for Laney, it seems things will work out for the best. The second stone looks like a winner - I love those rose hues you can see in the indoor shots and it is throwing off sparkles in the outdoor ones. I think the head you picked out is great too, classic but a little different. Best of luck to you on the diamond and the job!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/2/2006 12:22:54 AM
Author: Mrs Darlin Joy

Date: 4/1/2006 3:55:33 PM

Yes and I can''t wait to see it!!!
9.gif
Yup ... baby sister alright, and when she grows up ... she wants to be just like her big sister ... 2 ct J SI1!
30.gif
31.gif

The six prongs that I have seen around my town are so overly bulky ... there is more metal there than rock ... this one is airy, declicate yet sturdy looking, and alows the diamond to shine. I have never seen anything like it. The setting is beyond beautiful, your diamond is really going to be ''Exquisite!''

I wonder if .72 will be too small? I am in the process of sending my diamond to Richard, I contacted him several weeks ago to see about pricing and now I just need to send him $ and have GOG send him my baby! I should contact Lockes and see about my diamond and if it might be possible? It couldn''t hurt to ask.

The shank is 2.5mm. As our settings are handmade each one is made to accommodate the exact proportions of your diamond.” I am note sure if this means that your stone would meet their requirements (I had to send photos and some other info before they agreed, and they will review it Monday to make sure it fits their requirements.)
I love that it is only 2.5mm!

Did you try on the setting with a wedding band or eternity band? If so, how flush did they sit together?

Congrat''s Matatora ... I am so happy that your diamond has found a lovely new home with you and hubby!

Have a wonderful day!
35.gif

I would defiantly ask, why not?
This is a somewhat delicate question but how much are you planning on spending on the setting? This is a setting which does not allow for the diamond size to be changed, so you would have to buy a new one with each upgrade, I don’t know if that would work for you since you mentioned you plans to upgrade.

I tried it on with both a half round wedding band and an eternity band, neither will sit flush with the e-ring, both have a certain amount of negative space between the two rings. They are willing to alter a wedding band so it would curve out and around the engagement ring but I don’t like that idea, since there may be times I want to wear the wedding band alone.

He he, Mrs Darlin Joy I am not married yet. When V and I started dating (17 and in HS) we both agreed that our educations came first, so we are waiting to graduate to start planning the wedding…six weeks!
32.gif
9.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Sevens One, Sundial and Princess V! I am very excited about this
31.gif
; it is like getting engaged for a second time.

Sartia- I am still bummed about what happened, but as my mother says nothing good ever comes from mopping around, or my grandfather (who I am more like) says suck it up and deal, which actually has worked for me. Part of me wanted to just say forget it and wear nothing, but instead I listened to V and WF and my own inner Diamond Nut and now I have a lovely new shiny on its way to NYC to be set by Lockes! I am trying not to be obnoxious…but I think Ava is sighing every time I check the tracking number…

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG, Matatora, that setting with your new stone will be fantastic!! My dream ring if there ever was one. I''m sorry what happened to your previous stone, but I have to say that your new ring is going to be a gorgeous stunner!
30.gif
I really can''t wait to see the hand pics when you get it. Congratulations!

Carlotta

Shiny_Rock
WOW!!! Have been busy, and away from this....but I am so happy for you! Looks like a great stone, and a really classy setting!!

Seems like you have a great attitude...and aptitude for "turning life''s lemons into (SWEET!) lemonade!!"

Best wishes to you and V on your "new" engagement!!

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Mat: I''ve been MIA lately, and just discovered your post.

I am sooo sorry for what you''ve been going thru. THANK goodness that you are dealing with the good folks at WF who will ensure that all is well in the end.

I LOVE your new stone and setting, and am certain that you will wear it in good health for many years to come.

I''m sending tons of good vibes to you and V.

CG

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Thanks ya''ll!!!!

that it will only be 10 days!

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/2/2006 4:34:59 PM
Thanks ya''ll!!!!

that it will only be 10 days!

What sweetness this is
emlove.gif
!!! The count down is on!! Whoo - Hoo!
36.gif

Everytime you go check on the tracking #, just give Ava
emdog.gif
a lil'' milk bone or treat, she will soon be wanting you to check that darn tracking # one more time
3.gif
!

Can hardly stand this anticipation!
26.gif

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/2/2006 12:26:11 PM

This is a somewhat delicate question but how much are you planning on spending on the setting?

Well, I was thinking about $1,000.00.

This is a setting which does not allow for the diamond size to be changed, so you would have to buy a new one with each upgrade, I don’t know if that would work for you since you mentioned you plans to upgrade.

Oh gosh ... I didn''t think about that part ... I do really love that setting, but even if I did get it, and then upgraded in a few years, I would have to buy a new setting, I think I will just wait and buy the setting of my dreams with my upgrade, makes more sense.

He he, Mrs Darlin Joy I am not married yet. When V and I started dating (17 and in HS) we both agreed that our educations came first, so we are waiting to graduate to start planning the wedding…six weeks!
32.gif
9.gif

Oh how sweet, High School sweet
emlove.gif
''s! Matatora, my appologies for jumping the gun! You are a sweet one, that is for sure! Wow, what a year ... graduating, starting your first job, and then planning a wonderful wedding! Your going to do just fine, we are all rooting for ya!
36.gif

Take care, and enjoy that new gorgeous ring when it comes ... we are all waiting!
9.gif

Happiness to you and V
emotion-5.gif
!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Mrs Darlin Joy,
If you would like the contact info of the man I am working with from Lockes I would be happy to give it to you. I have his personal cell which is why I have not posted...I don’t think he would appreciate that.
If you can find a way to get an email to me (AGBF, DiamondLil, LynnB, FountrainFairFax and BuenaGirl, and Miss Irina, aka PS all have my email) if you correspond with anyone here who has my email info I would be happy to send you all the info I have got!

Otherwise you could always ask hubby for a pair of the Lockes studs
30.gif

ETA: Richard Sherwood has my email as well, perhaps he would be willing to help us out!

earring4mrsdj from lockes.jpg

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Okay emptied out my camera and there are a few more worth posting… I hope ya’ll don’t mind.

2.162last of the outdoor loose pictures 1.JPG

MissAva

Ideal_Rock

2.162last of the outdoor loose pictures 2.JPG

MissAva

Ideal_Rock

2.162last of the outdoor loose pictures 3.JPG

MissAva

Ideal_Rock

2.162last of the outdoor loose pictures 4.JPG

MissAva

Ideal_Rock

2.162last of the outdoor loose pictures 5.JPG

MissAva

Ideal_Rock

2.162last of the outdoor loose pictures 6.JPG

MissAva

Ideal_Rock

2.162last of the outdoor loose pictures 7.JPG

MissAva

Ideal_Rock

2.162last of the outdoor loose pictures 8.JPG

MissAva

Ideal_Rock

2.162last of the outdoor loose pictures 9.JPG

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
There are a few more...but I am not going to bore ya''ll they are pretty much alike.

I cannot wait to see Mara''s hand shots we have the same size finger and her rock is even BIGGER! Wow! That will be something!

2.162last of the outdoor loose pictures 10.JPG

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
those studs are just incredible.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results