shape
carat
color
clarity

Irony of never wanting to change (new stone)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
WOW Matatora:

Your new stone is beautiful!!!!!! Congratulations to you!

Heather

diamond_quester

Shiny_Rock
Matatora, your new diamond and setting are both gorgeous! Hope you can get the completed ring soon!

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, what a beauty! When you find that perfect stone, you just KNOW!! Congratulations on finding each other!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
When I shipped my stone they asked if the destination address was business or residential. And yet….I check my tracking number and see that they tried to deliver the package at 8:32am….guess what? No one was there, and now I am not sure what will happen with when the setting. Argh!

I called Locke''s they are going to contact FedEx and see what can be done.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
oh wow!!!! i LOVE those earrings!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/3/2006 11:32:27 AM
Author: Matatora
When I shipped my stone they asked if the destination address was business or residential. And yet….I check my tracking number and see that they tried to deliver the package at 8:32am….guess what? No one was there, and now I am not sure what will happen with when the setting. Argh!

I called Locke''s they are going to contact FedEx and see what can be done.

Did you find out anything yet mat?

MissAva

Ideal_Rock

Yup! The gentleman at Locke''s convinced FedEx to try again, and he just signed for it!

36.gif
Yippee! They have to give my stone final approval to make sure it meets Locke''s standards and then they will begin working on the setting!

I will post as soon as I get an update!

Hopefully I will have the ring in 9 days!

9.gif

momothree

Shiny_Rock
I just stumbled across this thread. Yowza!!!!!! Looking forward to seeing the completed ring. It will no doubt be absolutely stunning!

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Oh, matatora, I just read through all 13 pages--where have I been?!?! I'm so sorry you went through such agony but it sounds like you will be handsomely rewarded for being such a trouper!!! That new stone looks amazing and huge and that setting from Locke's is in my saved file from the first time you posted it--I absolutely love it!!! And those studs are amazing, you just may have to get them to match your ring!!! I'm so excited for you!!! Can't wait to see the final result. How many more sleeps till you get that beauty on your hand?!
emwink.gif

slammie

Shiny_Rock
Mat!! {{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}} I can''t believe what happened to your stone...but what a beautiful beautiful new stone. And that setting is to DIE for!! I can''t wait to see pics Mat!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Mom of three- thank you! I love your new avatar shot, it is delightful!
Curlygirl- Oh you are evil, tempting me to get the matching studs.
11.gif
I have a pair that I live in that are just are over 1ct but I have been wanting a smaller pair, I wonder how much of a difference that setting would make…hmm tempting!
27.gif

Slammie- Thank you, I am really looking forward to seeing it!
Hopefully I will have it a week from today! I will update as soon as I know when it is going to be here!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am glad things are moving along so smoothly. I hope they approve the ring soon so we can all see your new beauty as soon as possible!

BrownEyes

Shiny_Rock
I''m back! ... And soooo happy for you!

That''s one beautiful diamond, Mat! I''m so glad it made your heart sing!
36.gif

AND, that''s a GORGEOUS setting - - really distinctive and elegant! I can''t wait for your hand shots!

All the best ... BrownEyes
4.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock

Tacori- Yes they have approved my stone. I don’t know the expected completion date. I don’t want to rush them, so I am doing my best to patient.

Brown Eyes-Thank you! I am very excited, and trying not to count down the day until pass over (6) because it does not seem possible that a ring like that could be constructed so quickly.

MrsDarlinJoy- while I have been waiting for my ring to come to back to me I have been wearing one AGBF gave me, it is lovely and fluid. You might consider this for your setting, it is 6 prongs and just kicken!

sideveiwofsettingror.JPG

blueapple

Rough_Rock
I am really new here, so please forgive my ignorance....how can a diamond chip? I have never heard of such a thing. That would break my heart as well....

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I just got the cutest little hand written note from the gentlemen whom I have been working with at Lockes. In the same envelope there was a sale receipt which states that the ring is to be ready by 4/11/06. Oh I am so excited, I had not been wanting to bother them, but it looks like it will be ready on Tuesday! I am going to call on either tomorrow or Monday to confirm (they are closed on the Sabbath). Yippee!

W2W

Rough_Rock
Matatora,

I am probably the last person on PS to read through your post. Congrats. Your new stone is a dream and I love hearing about beautiful warm stones. I know it must have hurt to have to change stones. I can be sentimental too. But this stone has its own special history and shows how wonderfully understanding and generous your husband is. That has to be almost as romantic as his original proposal. I will be anxiously awaiting your pictures.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yikes I''m the last to post on this thread. So sorry. I am still playing catch up from being away. The stone is gorgeous!!!! And that setting is really beautiful. I can''t wait to see this ring. It''s going to be stunning with a capital S.
30.gif
30.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tuesday!!!!!!
36.gif

Sadly, I will be out of the country for the next 7 days so I''ll have to wait til April 16 to see your brand new Lockes beauty and HUGE stone!!!!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/8/2006 7:55:45 PM
Author: KristyDarling
Tuesday!!!!!!
36.gif

Sadly, I will be out of the country for the next 7 days so I''ll have to wait til April 16 to see your brand new Lockes beauty and HUGE stone!!!!
I could always hold off posting anything until you are back....
31.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/6/2006 4:41:18 PM
Author: blueapple
I am really new here, so please forgive my ignorance....how can a diamond chip? I have never heard of such a thing. That would break my heart as well....

Blue Apple- I am not entirely sure how it happened. Richard, our appraiser, said that he thought it either happened as it was being set or just after. The people at Whiteflash were unable to say.

Miumi- The new ring will have it’s own history in time you are right of course. I think I will be just as nutty about this one as I was about the first in the long run. I am very fortunate to be marrying such a great guy, who handles such things so nicely.

Kaleigh- I am really hoping that they are able to complete the ring prior to Passover. I just want the ring on my finger, I am soo excited!!!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tuesday - wow! You must be so excited!

We are all so anxious to see this ring - you''ll just have to keep busy between now and then to keep your mind occupied!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
YUM this will be perfect, some visual eye candy while I am waiting for the next 3.5 weeks to pass until my trip!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/8/2006 5:51:27 PM
Author: Matatora
I just got the cutest little hand written note from the gentlemen whom I have been working with at Lockes. In the same envelope there was a sale receipt which states that the ring is to be ready by 4/11/06.
Tuesday is SOON!! I can''t wait to see... yay for you Mat!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
He he, I know Tuesday is not that far away….but then they have to ship it and I have to send it to Richard to be appraised. *sigh*
I am considering having Lockes send it directly to Mr. Sherwood if that works for both parties. I will have to talk to Lockes first and then find out when I can send the ring off for the shortest amount of time....I want to wear it!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Won''t be long now Mat - I can''t wait to see this baby on your finger!!!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you get Lockes to agree to sending it straight to Richard? I sure hope so....the straighter the path that ring has to your finger, the better! (and as you can see, I''ve found a way to get my PS fix while overseas, heheh. You betta post that baby ASAP!)

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I am going to call Locke’s later this afternoon. I need to call Richard as well, but I don’t want to bother him until I am certain that the ring has been completed. I also need to find out exactly what date Richard would be examining the ring. If he won’t be able to get to it for a week or so I want to have the ring for that time. I feel weird not having an engagement ring on…*sigh* I will give it another 45 minutes but if Locke’s has not emailed me by then I am just going to call and ask about my ring. I need to get this all lined up so I know what will be happening when.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Okay the ring will be finished tomorrow!!!
9.gif
Yippee! Now for the less fun news, it will be shipped Wednesday for a Thursday delivery! Which means I have 65hours at least until I get the ring.
14.gif
*sigh* I want to see it!

W2W

Rough_Rock
It''s only 60 hours now.
2.gif
Can''t wait to see it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results