shape
carat
color
clarity

Introducing my 2.06 E VS2 and wedding band upgrade

skydiamond88

Rough_Rock
Thank you so so much everyone for the kind words!

@ILikeShiny did you manage to try the cactus wedding band in person? They actually have another wedding band which I like more look wise but when I tried it on the cactus one looked more intricate and different I chose this one instead. But I find cartier to carry quite a range of wedding band.

@imitcan @diamondseeker2006 @Luce @Stone Hunter yes, I actually have another band (the bvlgari wedding band) which I sometimes wear on my left hand, and the e Ring on my right. But I agree and will be looking for another simple band which can be stacked together with my e Ring. Thanks for the advice

@carbonfan thanks so much esp coming from you. I think you just got the 3.2ct F ACA and 2.5ct E CBI?
A 2.5+/3.2ct+ E/F is my ultimate goal for my next upgrade. hahaha..
I'm also very color sensitive hence I'm so happy I found this 2ct+ Super Ideal cut in E color which in my part of the world is harder to come by
Btw, do you find any visual difference between ACA or CBI?

I forgot the full spec of mine but this is what i remember:

table 56.6%
depth 61.6%
ca 34.4%
pa 40.8%

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so so much everyone for the kind words!

@ILikeShiny did you manage to try the cactus wedding band in person? They actually have another wedding band which I like more look wise but when I tried it on the cactus one looked more intricate and different I chose this one instead. But I find cartier to carry quite a range of wedding band.

I haven’t yet. There’s a store about 30 minutes from me that I may go visit this week. What was the other band that you liked? It’s hard to imagine anything looking better than the one you chose!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@skydiamond88 GORGEOUS! Classic, elegant and timeless. LOVE.:kiss2:

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous WHITE diamond! Congrats!

idealw2boys

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful solitaire!! Can you share some details on your setting? Who made it? Shank size ? Height? Instructions you gave about the prongs?

Is it as comfortable to wear as it is to look at?

I’m looking at having a solitaire made and I’m a stickler for details and want something that is simple, elegant, timeless and of course comfortable to wear.

It showcases your diamond very well!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous ring!!! You probably look at it all the time. Congrats!!

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
If I stare at you beseechingly, might you pretty please post some profile pictures of your ring both on your finger and off of it? I'm fascinated by the simplicity and elegance of this setting and would love to see it in all its glory... And potentially copy it if that's ok... :lol:

Is the band 1.8mm?

No worries if you can't or don't want to but I had to try! =)2

Best,
Lydia

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Okay SkyDiamond, you inspired me. I can’t afford the Cartier version of this ring but I’m commissioning one to be made that will be very similar (practically identical other than height and width, which I’m having made using measurements from another stacking band I wear). Thanks so much for sharing this gorgeous ring; it’s exactly the kind of design I had been searching for! :kiss2:

skydiamond88

Rough_Rock
If I stare at you beseechingly, might you pretty please post some profile pictures of your ring both on your finger and off of it? I'm fascinated by the simplicity and elegance of this setting and would love to see it in all its glory... And potentially copy it if that's ok... :lol:

Is the band 1.8mm?

No worries if you can't or don't want to but I had to try! =)2

Best,
Lydia

@Lykame sorry for the late reply I have just logged in again.
I do have some more pictures in my mobile phone but I'm currently online from my laptop. will upload a few more pics although I think the ones I've posted are the clearer ones :D

the band is 1.7mm.. it's thin because i requested for a dainty setting. The 6 prongs are made thinner as well with claw prong.

Will update soon

skydiamond88

Rough_Rock
Okay SkyDiamond, you inspired me. I can’t afford the Cartier version of this ring but I’m commissioning one to be made that will be very similar (practically identical other than height and width, which I’m having made using measurements from another stacking band I wear). Thanks so much for sharing this gorgeous ring; it’s exactly the kind of design I had been searching for! :kiss2:

@ILikeShiny so glad to hear that! do post a picture of your band once it's ready.. I'm excited to see how it looks like. must be so pretty on you!

skydiamond88

Rough_Rock
Beautiful solitaire!! Can you share some details on your setting? Who made it? Shank size ? Height? Instructions you gave about the prongs?

Is it as comfortable to wear as it is to look at?

I’m looking at having a solitaire made and I’m a stickler for details and want something that is simple, elegant, timeless and of course comfortable to wear.

It showcases your diamond very well!

@idealw2boys sorry for my late reply! Just saw your post.

I made mine at a jeweler in Singapore. The width of the band is 1.7mm. Not sure about the height but I ask them to lower it a bit because it's for everyday use.
I asked them to create as dainty of a setting as possible including for the prongs. I also requested for pointy/ claw prongs.

It is SUPER comfortable.. and because the setting is quite low (i think maybe it's set at medium height), it never gets in the way or anything.. I can do all things as if I am not wearing anything on my finger.

hope that helps!

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ILikeShiny so glad to hear that! do post a picture of your band once it's ready.. I'm excited to see how it looks like. must be so pretty on you!
Will do! I approved the CAD yesterday and so it should be ready in another 2-3 weeks!

Do you know how wide your band is? I’m having mine made 4mm and a hair over 2mm high. I’ve also asked for single-cut melee since I have an asscher cut center stone.

73B70222-89F1-4C51-B768-DC9FBE2089D0.jpeg

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Will do! I approved the CAD yesterday and so it should be ready in another 2-3 weeks!

Do you know how wide your band is? I’m having mine made 4mm and a hair over 2mm high. I’ve also asked for single-cut melee since I have an asscher cut center stone.

73B70222-89F1-4C51-B768-DC9FBE2089D0.jpeg

I haven't looked in the main forum but I hope you've created a separate thread for this!!!

:love:

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
@Lykame sorry for the late reply I have just logged in again.
I do have some more pictures in my mobile phone but I'm currently online from my laptop. will upload a few more pics although I think the ones I've posted are the clearer ones :D

the band is 1.7mm.. it's thin because i requested for a dainty setting. The 6 prongs are made thinner as well with claw prong.

Will update soon

Thanks so much, so excited! Thank you thank you thank you. :) It's really beautiful and dainty although you also have lovely fingers!

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven't looked in the main forum but I hope you've created a separate thread for this!!!

:love:
I haven’t yet, but I will once it’s done! :love:

scoutfinch

Shiny_Rock
I love the combination of your beautiful sleek e-ring with the dainty band! So pretty together!

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
@skydiamond88 you're so kind, thank you so much!!! Really appreciate you posting those pictures, it's such a beautiful ring!!! The diamond is gorgeous. It looks amazing on your finger. The claws are fabulous! You have a really large stone, the claws can get away with being quite long and pointy. I think that accentuates how delicate the whole ring is.

Do you have any pictures of the connection between the shank and the prongs? I can't figure out how to explain the view I would love to see... oh, I know another thread with a ring quite similar in style to yours... you can tell I stalk these types of rings...

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...4-si2-i-is-here-and-she’s-lovely-pics.241954/

In post #3 - those front on views?

Your band looks like it's slightly squared off at the edges - do you find that comfy? It looks very comfy?

Best wishes and thank you again - sorry if I'm being a nuisance. :doh:
Lydia.

skydiamond88

Rough_Rock
Hi @Lykame

Thanks for your kind words.

Yes, my ring setting is similar to that of @Vinche which link you provided..

Here is the front profile view as per your request.

IMG_1312.JPG
IMG_1313.JPG

I think you can request for the inside part of the band to be slightly rounded off for comfort fit if you prefer so. Mine is fine as it is but probably the comfort fit would be even more comfortable?

Are you in the process of getting a ring custom made for you? Pls provide detail of the diamond! would like to see yours

@skydiamond88 you're so kind, thank you so much!!! Really appreciate you posting those pictures, it's such a beautiful ring!!! The diamond is gorgeous. It looks amazing on your finger. The claws are fabulous! You have a really large stone, the claws can get away with being quite long and pointy. I think that accentuates how delicate the whole ring is.

Do you have any pictures of the connection between the shank and the prongs? I can't figure out how to explain the view I would love to see... oh, I know another thread with a ring quite similar in style to yours... you can tell I stalk these types of rings...

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...4-si2-i-is-here-and-she’s-lovely-pics.241954/

In post #3 - those front on views?

Your band looks like it's slightly squared off at the edges - do you find that comfy? It looks very comfy?

Best wishes and thank you again - sorry if I'm being a nuisance. :doh:
Lydia.

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Hi @Lykame

Thanks for your kind words.

Yes, my ring setting is similar to that of @Vinche which link you provided..

Here is the front profile view as per your request.

IMG_1312.JPG
IMG_1313.JPG

I think you can request for the inside part of the band to be slightly rounded off for comfort fit if you prefer so. Mine is fine as it is but probably the comfort fit would be even more comfortable?

Are you in the process of getting a ring custom made for you? Pls provide detail of the diamond! would like to see yours

Thank you so so so so so so much! That's exactly what I was after. So grateful!

Yes, so my current diamond is 1.65 carats and I dislike my setting immensely. I have never liked it to be fair but I have really really really really struggled to find settings I like. I am also not automatically drawn to six prong settings, but I am looking to upgrade my central diamond too and am no longer comfortable to risk four prongs if I've spent that kind of money.

Your setting and @Vinche's setting are the nicest I've found that are six prong. The area I struggle with the most is the way that the prongs and the band connect to each other. I really like the way yours has been done. Thank you for sharing. Have I mentioned I'm very grateful? :lol:

Does a band fit flush with yours? It looks like it might not quite....

Once I'm further down my journey I will totally start posting a thread or two about it as I will need the support.

Best,
Lydia.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results