shape
carat
color
clarity

If you could only keep five pieces of jewelry from your entire collection, which would these be!!

EllenS1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dang. I forgot to add my pearls to this shot!

Here's a group shot of my 5 - minus the pearls. You'll have to add them mentally!

20200215_145438.jpg

And a few more just for fun.

20200215_144139.jpg

Pendant 2.jpeg

Pendant 1.jpeg

And one including my pearls.... 20191005_124335.jpg

And there you have it! Hope that fills in the gaps, @EllenS1! :wavey:

I’m such a fan of your beautiful jewelry mrs-b! Love the wedding necklace and of course your fabulous ring!! But mostly I’m floored by the simplicity of your choices, having seen your one of a kind pieces in several other threads....it goes to show how when push comes to shove, what matters most is all we need to hold on to. Thank you for playing along mrs-b!:kiss2:

EllenS1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Great thread!!! It’s great to see the beautiful pieces and to read the stories.

Here are my current favourites in random order:

My blue saphire (with my wedding ring, but since I do not have to count it in...):
7DADCD3A-AC55-471D-A654-626F6B617E21.jpeg

My ‘I survived cancer stackers that are the tribute to my boys and husband:
14C3F916-C788-473E-8628-E9A955AB0005.jpeg

The OEC ring that I wear every day. Very proud that I have saved up for this ring all by myself.
Love it’s forever home: the french cut ring by Victor Canera:
EC311A49-BEFA-4D48-823B-7B23F36E219F.jpeg

My Paraiba in Leon Mege french cut setting. It always reminds me of the Caribbean sea:
E3E9DC33-7BC6-43C2-9C72-752979D66F1E.jpeg

This was such a fun PS project. Love the green tourmaline from Gene and setting by Victor:
EE62CBB0-FD6F-40F4-AFCB-570984CEE3BD.jpeg

My family stackers made of gold from my mother, grandmother and aunt.
4890204C-8BD7-469A-9D67-123B61A0A176.jpeg

Such beautiful rings and so touched by the sentimental reasons behind them. That paraiba ring seems like one that could brighten up anyone’s day, so pretty! Love also #2 ... thank you for sharing with us Acinom!

EllenS1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So I picked my top five- one from each of these categories- engagement ring set, earrings, bracelet, necklace and right hand ring.

1- my ACA in my new DK setting with my CVB band with antique french cut diamonds. My ACA is my final upgrade after upgrading for the past few years. I had a larger ACA diamond but didn’t love it as much. This diamond popped up one day newly cut on my favorite day of the year (I’m weird about numbers!). I love it and I love the setting that David made me. My CVB band I purchased Preloved on LT after searching for a french cut band for a long time. It has antique high crown fc diamonds. It was my exact size and I felt it was meant for me as I had just purchased a band from someone on LT who then changed her mind and decided to sell it to her sister instead. I was upset but then I saw this CVB band pop up a day later. I really feel it was meant to be!

2- I don’t really have a favorite set of earrings so I would just pick my ACAs set in 8 prong Stuller settings. I wear so many earrings that I don’t really have one pair that is my favorite.

3- my favorite bracelet is definitely my Messika pave diamond rose gold bracelet. I absolutely love it. I got it for a great price from a store in London and I had the store ship to my sister in London. She then gave it to her MIL who took it on a plane to upstate NY. Her MIL then shipped it express to me! It all happened in one weeks time too from when I ordered it to when I received it.

4- my Tiffany Butterfly enchant necklace. It’s rose gold and has rose cut diamonds. I feel special every time I wear it.

5- my favorite right hand/ non engagement type ring is my Tiffany rose gold and platinum lucida band. It’s just a simple non diamond band about 2 mm wide. I got it a few years ago for my birthday and I have worn it since then. I feel naked without it on.

Pictures please Kayla!!=)2

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just love all the stories that have been shared in this thread! :love:

I’m not sentimental about jewellery at all, so I don’t have any stories of my own to contribute… my choices are made primarily on aesthetic. I’m trying not to weigh difficulty of replacement, but I’m failing.

Since my E-ring and WB are exempted… And I presume works-in-progress are also exempted…

• My RDG mount. This piece is the inspiration and execution of an exceptionally talented and troubled artist, and it is irreplaceable. This artist has a policy of never creating multiples of a custom design as each piece is wrought to suit its owner especially.

1581831843307.png
    (No thread)

• My Cartier Trinity bracelet. I spent years wanting this piece… Ogled it so many times window-shopping, tried it on and had to give it back so many times before finally getting my own. I rarely wear it as I can’t bear to scratch it!
1581832214277.png
(No thread)​

• My WF fairy earrings. I think if I had to choose one piece that reflects my tastes, I’d choose these earrings. They’re everything I want in my jewellery in one perfect package: Whimsy, sparkle, motion, size - unexpected and eye-catching.
1581832112335.png

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I’m not sentimental about jewellery at all, so I don’t have any stories of my own to contribute… my choices are made primarily on aesthetic. I’m trying not to weigh difficulty of replacement, but I’m failing.

Since my E-ring and WB are exempted… And I presume works-in-progress are also exempted…

• My RDG mount. This piece is the inspiration and execution of an exceptionally talented and troubled artist, and it is irreplaceable. This artist has a policy of never creating multiples of a custom design as each piece is wrought to suit its owner especially.

1581831843307.png
    (No thread)

• My Cartier Trinity bracelet. I spent years wanting this piece… Ogled it so many times window-shopping, tried it on and had to give it back so many times before finally getting my own. I rarely wear it as I can’t bear to scratch it!
1581832214277.png
(No thread)​

• My WF fairy earrings. I think if I had to choose one piece that reflects my tastes, I’d choose these earrings. They’re everything I want in my jewellery in one perfect package: Whimsy, sparkle, motion, size - unexpected and eye-catching.
1581832112335.png

Those are perfect pieces @yssie and each one is quintessentially you. Each is unique, inspiring and a artisan’s dream.

EllenS1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Here are mine. Can’t take a decent pic of these separately.

OEC Engagement ring and band. Doesn’t count. ;)2
1. VCA vintage pave Alhambra studs
2. VCA WG signature perlee bangle
3. VCA VA WG and onyx 5 motif
4. VCA VA WG and chalcedony 5 motif
5. 2 ctw Diamond studs

Yeah. I fully drank the VCA kool aid. I also wear these pieces the most.
A5506B6E-5194-4B84-ADB4-C5F053D7BC0C.jpeg

Beautiful LLJsmom!my favorite VCA piece that I lust after is the signature perlee bangle which I’d love in rose gold if and when I was ready to make that investment!

EllenS1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

1581831843307.png
    (No thread)

1581832214277.png
(No thread)​

1581832112335.png

I’m star struck!!! What beautiful pieces especially both pairs of earrings and great photography too! Great share thanks yssie!

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
First of all.. everyone's jewelry is just glorious and I am truly enjoying this thread.
Also.. Mamabean.. I took a double take on your post!
That wall of your kitchen looks just like mine! :kiss2:
1581866823725.png

IMG_8351.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m star struck!!! What beautiful pieces especially both pairs of earrings and great photography too! Great share thanks yssie!

Truer words have never been spoken. Star struck is what it’s like to see @yssie ’s jewelry and her wearing her jewelry.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In no particular order:
A gold and diamond bracelet from my mom, who inherited it from her godmother
BBCD13E2-BDBC-457F-B9CF-B33B253F2D2B.png

A small jade pendant given to me by my mom for good luck
AAC2FC9C-DE80-4358-86A5-693509674262.png

A jade cocktail ring that belonged to either my grandmother, or my mom’s godmother
692A6A44-0556-48BC-9CED-880E52E307C3.jpeg

My Victorian OEC cluster
38EE2178-ABDE-4404-9C28-F79B6324CD32.jpeg

A Georgian sapphire and diamond ring, a birthday present from my husband
FE2256BC-753E-4995-961E-D2971D5C032D.jpeg

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
1. E-ring
2. Parent's anniversary diamond band (wedding present)
3. Tahitian pearl ring (push present)
4. EC diamond (my true love of diamond cut)
5. Sapphire & diamond ring (major milestone reached using my 1st big bonus)

IMG_0164.JPG img_5985.jpg IMG_7237.JPG IMG_7933.JPG Blue sapphire & diamond - Vivian.jpg

Oh my..... That EMERALD!!! :kiss2:

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
First of all.. everyone's jewelry is just glorious and I am truly enjoying this thread.
Also.. Mamabean.. I took a double take on your post!
That wall of your kitchen looks just like mine! :kiss2:
1581866823725.png

IMG_8351.jpg

Beautiful @Rubies-R-Me! I love decorating about as much as bling! I love my kitchen...

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
My tiny Asscher and purple sapphire ring, I had it made as a momentto when my horse of a life time passed away.

My 2.75 carat pear, first real piece of bling I bought myself.

The OMC, 1.9 carats of UV goodness

My grandmother’s huge amethyst with seed peals

My tranny in filigree platinum

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fun Thread! I am glad our erings and wedding bands don't count - I have 4 bands. :lol:

I'd go with my ACA studs and 4 rings.
StudsArrowsFire.jpg

Kentucky Blue Sapphire Ring
Closeup.jpg

Traditional Sapphire - I might move this to another setting sometime

IMG_2063.JPG

Yellow Sapphire Ring

IMG_4065.JPG

EC RHR
IMG_3622.JPG

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I'd post 5 pieces if I had 5 pieces......LOL

cheers--Sharon

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fun Thread! I am glad our erings and wedding bands don't count - I have 4 bands. :lol:

StudsArrowsFire.jpg

Closeup.jpg

IMG_2063.JPG

Yellow Sapphire Ring

IMG_4065.JPG

EC RHR
IMG_3622.JPG

Wow! I love them all @marcy! The color of the Kentucky Blue Sapphire is gorgeous!

EllenS1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My tiny Asscher and purple sapphire ring, I had it made as a momentto when my horse of a life time passed away.

My 2.75 carat pear, first real piece of bling I bought myself.

The OMC, 1.9 carats of UV goodness

My grandmother’s huge amethyst with seed peals

My tranny in filigree platinum

BAB2F29B-86A8-4039-88B4-25133C88054F.jpeg
996269C3-8A58-4FAF-BA90-39A9A1C6B3C7.jpeg
B9436624-A141-4915-8B67-CDB7D717A707.jpeg
6331E61A-C81E-48C7-B5BE-4DC371B13D67.jpeg
2905F6F9-D045-4250-923E-717FA0A48234.jpeg

Beautiful pieces caolsen! especially your pear and your grandma’s ring!

EllenS1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

StudsArrowsFire.jpg

Closeup.jpg

IMG_2063.JPG

Yellow Sapphire Ring

IMG_4065.JPG

EC RHR
IMG_3622.JPG

The yellow sapphire!!:kiss2:

EllenS1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
In no particular order:

A jade cocktail ring that belonged to either my grandmother, or my mom’s godmother

My Victorian OEC cluster

How lovely!! The jade ring and the YG diamond bracelet are beautiful!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock

StudsArrowsFire.jpg

Closeup.jpg

IMG_2063.JPG

Yellow Sapphire Ring

IMG_4065.JPG

Ooh I love all of your rings @marcy!
Those studs are stunning! And I love your EC the and that Kentucky sapphire!

EC RHR
IMG_3622.JPG

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unheated Sapphire ring, untreated Emerald bracelet, 5 stone Whiteflash ring, ACA engagement and a pearl/gold ring I need to take a picture of!

@diamondsareagirls - tell us more about that sapphire and those emeralds? :cool2:

Edit -You've got threads! Perfect! Just copying them here for anyone else who might have missed them first time round :kiss2:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

1581831843307.png
    (No thread)

1581832214277.png
(No thread)​

1581832112335.png

Weeeeellllll shoot.

Just when I think I've compiled something unique and individual and beautiful and out of the ordinary, I run into an Yssie-post and know there's always someone who is out of one's league.

@yssie , your pieces are true art. You and they deserve and reflect each other. It's just an extraordinary, synergistic collection, and - when I look at it - I will always sit somewhere between awe-struck, jealous, and just a little bit cross.

Your pieces are perfection, my dear.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m such a fan of your beautiful jewelry mrs-b! Love the wedding necklace and of course your fabulous ring!! But mostly I’m floored by the simplicity of your choices, having seen your one of a kind pieces in several other threads....it goes to show how when push comes to shove, what matters most is all we need to hold on to. Thank you for playing along mrs-b!:kiss2:

Hi @EllenS1 - great thread!

I wanted to explain why I chose the pieces I did. I love my five pieces because each of them is custom from go to whoa - made specifically for me. Those earrings, for example, are 18kt, not 14kt, they're solid, not hollow, and they have a clasp system designed just for me so they don't hurt my ears if I fall asleep wearing them! They're 1.7" in diameter - because that hits the exact right place on my jaw to flatter the length and width of my face. So yes, they're gold hoops, but there is NOTHING like them, and they're made specifically for me and my body. We made these 3 times and it took roughly 4 months.

My gold bangle - made to fit my wrist and to hang exactly midway across the back of my hand. Designed to be worn in a stack of 3. Solid, not hollow. 5mm wide so I can wear 3 together, but wide enough to be worn alone. Again - nothing like it out there.

My outer-hole stud - sure - lots of studs out there of this size (5.5mm). But this one is an E VS AVR, set in platinum with tiny little claw prongs. Again - diamond studs are not uncommon, but this one will be forever as good as they get.

My pearls are 12mm AAA South Sea, from Australia - the country of my birth. They're undyed natural white and perfectly matched. Pearl studs are a dime a dozen, but these are a perfect example of their kind.

And my necklace was made from a combination of my wedding ring, my engagement ring, and my husband's wedding ring. It's my design and the two pendants sit together beautifully. I received them on my 25th anniversary and, to me, they're irreplaceable. We actually sent all my pieces to a specific jeweler in Australia, because it was important to us they be made where we were married. My husband flew back to Australia from New York to pick them up with our re-made wedding rings, so there was no chance they could be lost in delivery. Most expensive shipping EVER!!

So - yes - not glitzy, not jaw dropping - but perfect examples of what they are - each unique, and top of the line. But deceptively casual, because I don't like to be flashy and because it's just not the lifestyle I lead.

When all is said and done - there's more than one way to skin a cat. So to speak.

:wavey:

Last edited:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Leave out the e-ring? oh alright...lol...

Okie, my bling is pretty boring in the sense that I've bought most items myself. I've basically bought what I love and there really isn't much of a story behind each piece.

My fave 5 (not in any particular order):

1) my VCA Lotus BTF ring - I love how elaborate and showy this piece is and yet it's terribly wearable. I've even worn it with torn jeans and occasionally to the supermarket, lol.

2) VCA turquoise Rose de Noel clip/ pendant - this one is quite unique bc TQ is very much in short supply and apparently VCA has stopped making TQ RdN entirely now. This piece found me bc another client (terribly high end) rejected it and my SA - who knows much I love TQ - called me and I snapped it up straightaway.

3) VCA lapis RdN clip/pendant - this one also came to me. My friend in Hong Kong helped me source it and it's also very rare.

4) VCA lapis pave bracelet - again my friend in HK helped source it. It's super rare and is only offered to VVVIP, which I am not. So I am very lucky to have been offered it.

5) VCA Magic pave earrings in YG - my most worn earrings these days, super versatile. I wear them formally as well as casually.

6) VCA Magic bracelet in MOP - I purchased this one as soon as I saw it. Its grey MOP charm has never ceased to fascinate me with its many vibrant colours and with how chameleon-like it is.

So, I cheated, hahaha.

As you can see, I am a VCA wh***.:lol:

(This thread is reminding me to take new pics of my bling).

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Loving this thread! I want to post so badly, but Im thinking my top five will change after my three current ring projects come in! (:

@missy told me to post my favorites now...You can always change it later!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
In no particular order:

My Victorian OEC cluster

You have such a beautiful collection @JPie! All of your pieces are gorgeous...That OEC cluster ring...drop dead love it...:kiss2:

EllenS1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi @EllenS1 - great thread!

I wanted to explain why I chose the pieces I did. I love my five pieces because each of them is custom from go to whoa - made specifically for me. Those earrings, for example, are 18kt, not 14kt, they're solid, not hollow, and they have a clasp system designed just for me so they don't hurt my ears if I fall asleep wearing them! They're 1.7" in diameter - because that hits the exact right place on my jaw to flatter the length and width of my face. So yes, they're gold hoops, but there is NOTHING like them, and they're made specifically for me and my body. We made these 3 times and it took roughly 4 months.

My gold bangle - made to fit my wrist and to hang exactly midway across the back of my hand. Designed to be worn in a stack of 3. Solid, not hollow. 5mm wide so I can wear 3 together, but wide enough to be worn alone. Again - nothing like it out there.

My outer-hole stud - sure - lots of studs out there of this size (5.5mm). But this one is an E VS AVR, set in platinum with tiny little claw prongs. Again - diamond studs are not uncommon, but this one will be forever as good as they get.

My pearls are 12mm AAA South Sea, from Australia - the country of my birth. They're undyed natural white and perfectly matched. Pearl studs are a dime a dozen, but these are a perfect example of their kind.

And my necklace was made from a combination of my wedding ring, my engagement ring, and my husband's wedding ring. It's my design and the two pendants sit together beautifully. I received them on my 25th anniversary and, to me, they're irreplaceable. We actually sent all my pieces to a specific jeweler in Australia, because it was important to us they be made where we were married. My husband flew back to Australia from New York to pick them up with our re-made wedding rings, so there was no chance they could be lost in delivery. Most expensive shipping EVER!!

So - yes - not glitzy, not jaw dropping - but perfect examples of what they are - each unique, and top of the line. But deceptively casual, because I don't like to be flashy and because it's just not the lifestyle I lead.

When all is said and done - there's more than one way to skin a cat. So to speak.

:wavey:
Hi there mrs-b! Thanks for sharing this- so much thought, time and individuality in these pieces I can now see why you selected them as your top 5…love love love the necklace :kiss2: and the concept!

EllenS1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Unheated Sapphire ring, untreated Emerald bracelet, 5 stone Whiteflash ring, ACA engagement and a pearl/gold ring I need to take a picture of!
156220A5-EEEF-4AF3-854E-4D6F4C886AB1.jpeg 1EBD5A74-EF55-400F-9782-1B79C8CF0D96.jpeg E5616535-5A20-4613-88AF-EC1001CE5867.jpeg 16B4A72A-C46C-4998-8E6D-94358D22652C.jpeg

That emerald bangle and sapphire ring!! Superb!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results