shape
carat
color
clarity

If it was your diamond . . . I would love to know!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the French cut tapering band would look divine w/ your 6ct MRB IMHO! :love:

I tried on an 8ct MRB w/ a halo recently--even Yenny and I thought it was too much bling, believe it or not! :-o

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
mom2boys|1376057054|3499660 said:
I think the French cut tapering band would look divine w/ your 6ct MRB IMHO! :love:

I tried on an 8ct MRB w/ a halo recently--even Yenny and I thought it was too much bling, believe it or not! :-o

Blasphemy!!!! :lol:

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
ClassyRocks said:
Rosebloom|1376022577|3499522 said:
ClassyRocks said:
Dreamer_D|1375942181|3498832 said:
I dont' care about something "looking" like a RHR or anything, so to me any of the rings in this thread are perfect for a RHR!

What does your engagement ring look like, if this is the RH ring?

My engagement ring is not what many PSers would choose, but I love it which is the ultimate goal. It is a huge marquise! I had the opportunity to sell it a few times, but I simply could not go through with the sales when the time came. I cried for weeks and returned the money before things were finalized. TMI

Be still my beating heart! A huge marquise is incredible. I completely understand and respect why you're not posting pictures of it, but my goodness would I love to see! Maybe we'll both be able to go to the Vegas PS GTG someday!

I'm imagining Mia Farrow's ring from the original Great Gatsby...

I have said this before . . . you are one of the sweetest people on this forum! You just made my morning! Rosebloom, mq shapes are really flattering on me. Hardly a day goes by when I am wearing my engagement ring that I don't receive compliments on it.

I would love to meet you someday too! =)

Well that just made my day! Love fest!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rosebloom|1376070182|3499795 said:
ClassyRocks said:
ClassyRocks said:
I dont' care about something "looking" like a RHR or anything, so to me any of the rings in this thread are perfect for a RHR!

My engagement ring is not what many PSers would choose, but I love it which is the ultimate goal. It is a huge marquise! I had the opportunity to sell it a few times, but I simply could not go through with the sales when the time came. I cried for weeks and returned the money before things were finalized. TMI

Be still my beating heart! A huge marquise is incredible. I completely understand and respect why you're not posting pictures of it, but my goodness would I love to see! Maybe we'll both be able to go to the Vegas PS GTG someday!

I have said this before . . . you are one of the sweetest people on this forum! You just made my morning! Rosebloom, mq shapes are really flattering on me. Hardly a day goes by when I am wearing my engagement ring that I don't receive compliments on it.

I also tihnk Rose is very sweet!

But I do not know or respect ANY reasons for not posting photos that stop ME from seeing your HUGE marquise!! :devil: Just kidding... can you at least describe it for me so I can picture your ring? Carat color and measurements... you know... "what are you wearing (diamond) baby?"

Do you plan to only wear this RB on the right hand at the same time as your Marq?

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Dreamer_D said:
ClassyRocks said:
ClassyRocks said:

But I do not know or respect ANY reasons for not posting photos that stop ME from seeing your HUGE marquise!! :devil: Just kidding... can you at least describe it for me so I can picture your ring? Carat color and measurements... you know... "what are you wearing (diamond) baby?"

Do you plan to only wear this RB on the right hand at the same time as your Marq?

Aw! Right back at ya!

And yes, I'd love to know all the gory details too...

ClassyRocks

Brilliant_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1376053649|3499620 said:
I feel like the SS halo that twosanguinehearts had is too large for your stone. I would consider it for mine, but if you were to do a halo, Victor would be the only option, in my book.

I very much like the Cartier solitaire, but I do think it is an e-ring setting. I think the halo took away from that design.

I think acimom's setting with the french cut sides is going to be AWESOME and would be one of the classiest settings ever for a large center stone. I cannot wait to see it!!!! :love: :love: :love:

I did not look back to see if Steven's rosebud setting has been posted. I do think it is more of an e-ring setting, too. It can be made with pave only on the upper/inside part of the curves on the sides if you don't like all the pave.

I think I still lean toward the pear sides to keep it from looking like an e-ring, personally. But you know best since you know your other rings and what would compliment them best!

DS, You made excellent points about what settings may look engagement ring-ish. Maybe another PSer who is looking for a left hand ring will benefit from this thread because there are some gorgeous rings posted by lovely members!

I am very anxious to see acimom's ring too! It sounds luscious! :love:

I feel like I sway with the wind these days; too much is happening outside of PS land! However, I think I would enjoy a three stone ring if it had some "punch" to it. Plus, I like the finger coverage that a three stone offers, so I (think) I will focus in that direction. Whew, that is sort of a commitment isn't it! :)

ClassyRocks

Brilliant_Rock

Hi mom2boys! :wavey:

That makes me feel better that you and Yenny saw firsthand a large haloed MRB! I think MRBs over 5ct start to look freaky when they have a round halo, and I am thankful that you confirmed that too! Last Christmas, one of the jewelers had a 10ct RBC on memo. It was set in a round halo . . . tacky, tacky, tacky! Of course, it did not help that it was a poor cut with too many inclusions. :sick:

ClassyRocks

Brilliant_Rock
arkieb1|1376057218|3499666 said:

Blasphemy!!!! :lol:

Sometimes, they are just shocking! :-o

ClassyRocks

Brilliant_Rock
Dreamer_D|1376077965|3499894 said:
ClassyRocks said:
ClassyRocks said:

Dreamer, you are such a dreamer! HaHa! I shouldn't have tantalized you like that . . . I'm bad! ;))

I already wear the mq and rbc at the same time. I love the fact that diamonds are so durable, so they get more wear than my other right hand rings which are colored stones with the exception of Ava (diamonds and emeralds).

ClassyRocks

Brilliant_Rock
Rosebloom|1376078892|3499901 said:
Dreamer_D said:
ClassyRocks said:
ClassyRocks said:

Aw! Right back at ya!

And yes, I'd love to know all the gory details too...

Isn't nice to know how much you are loved? You have quite a fan base! :love: :love: :love:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ClassyRocks|1376050775|3499595 said:
ClassyRocks said:

I have not posted because I have no ideas for such a honker. But I just wanted to say, sometimes I look at SMTB just HOPING you've finally posted a thread about your marquise. :halo:

ClassyRocks

Brilliant_Rock
Niel|1376092310|3499983 said:
ClassyRocks|1376050775|3499595 said:
ClassyRocks said:

I have not posted because I have no ideas for such a honker. But I just wanted to say, sometimes I look at SMTB just HOPING you've finally posted a thread about your marquise. :halo:

Hi Niel! I love your new marquise! It looks so good on your finger. You can totally rock elongated rings, which not everyone can.

A thread for my mq . . . nope, never, ever, ever. I think it is cute how you keep coaxing though! :wink2:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hmm... maybe someone will get you to post it on Pinterest one day, that way i can stalk it that way!

I feel bad you think people wouldnt like it, as i bet it would probably make Jewel of the week or something... but of course id never want you to do something you dont wanna :D

ClassyRocks

Brilliant_Rock
Niel|1376093741|3499997 said:
hmm... maybe someone will get you to post it on Pinterest one day, that way i can stalk it that way!

I feel bad you think people wouldnt like it, as i bet it would probably make Jewel of the week or something... but of course id never want you to do something you dont wanna :D

Don't feel bad! I may be wrong, but I think PSers are into rbcs, cushions, oecs, omcs, etc. I love my mq, and that is what is the most important! I could have had any shape I wanted, and I did try asschers, emeralds, radiants, and cushions. I simply loved the mq on my finger the most.

I love looking at Jewel of the Week pictures, but really I am shy about my pieces. I wear something special everyday in real life without a second thought. I don't know about the internet though. kwim?

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is the New York planned soon? :bigsmile:

ClassyRocks

Brilliant_Rock
Acinom|1376121289|3500164 said:
Is the New York planned soon? :bigsmile:

Nothing is etched in stone yet! :lol: I am certainly counting on it though!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results