shape
carat
color
clarity

Ideal cut diamond cut comparisons between vendors?

Linny

Shiny_Rock
I am about to start shopping for an ideal-cut H&A diamond and I plan to set with VC. There seems to be a lot of information out there and it can be confusing! It seems the prominent vendors that are known to carry ideal cuts are BG, Whiteflash, and VC. Within them there is further granularity: in-house verses virtual, different branding for different levels of ideal cuts... My question is, would you say this is an accurate cut comparison(?):

White Flash ACA H&A = comparable to BG Signature "Black" = comparable to Canera H&A
White Flash H&A Expert Selection = comparable to BG Signature "H&A"

Whiteflash told me that the only difference between their Expert selection category and their ACA is that the Expert selection stones are ideal but didn't quite make the ACA category and BG told me the only difference between the Black and H&A collections is that the angles on the Black stones are "tweaked" to get even greater light performance above and beyond the Signature H&As.

Would you say this is an accurate comparison or am I missing something? I can't go wrong with any of these vendors, right? Of course there are other considerations - upgrade/buyback policies, company history, discounts, ethical/social responsibility, etc. - and whomever carries the stone that closest meets my desired specifications and budget!

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You omitted High Performance Diamonds (HPD), who exclusivly sell Crafted by Infinity (CBI) superideal cut diamonds.

Linny

Shiny_Rock
You should also consider HPD (High Performance Diamonds) as a vendor of ideal cuts.

Great thanks hadn’t heard of them. Will add them to the search!

Linny

Shiny_Rock
You omitted High Performance Diamonds (HPD), who exclusivly sell Crafted by Infinity (CBI) superideal cut diamonds.

Great thanks I’ll look into them as well!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I own Crafted by infinity and Brian Gavin signature, but honestly if you are going to get Victor to set your ring, then I think you should buy a diamond from him. My opinion only. I just think it’s the best way and his stones are beautiful and he does amazing work, so let him do it all.

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Linny that’s not an accurate comparison between BGD and WF’s lines. If anything the BGD blue is probably more comparable to WF ES. BGD Signature = WF ACA.

As others said, there are also HPD and VC signature super-ideal stones. If VC has a stone that matches your requirements, i’d get it through them as they also offer a discount on the setting if the diamond is purchased through them.

Linny

Shiny_Rock
@Linny that’s not an accurate comparison between BGD and WF’s lines. If anything the BGD blue is probably more comparable to WF ES. BGD Signature = WF ACA.

As others said, there are also HPD and VC signature super-ideal stones. If VC has a stone that matches your requirements, i’d get it through them as they also offer a discount on the setting if the diamond is purchased through them.

Thank you this is very helpful.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I second those suggestion as well. And please note Victor also has an upgrade policy too.

If you are still wondering about the differences between super ideal vendors, search threads on WF, HPD, BGD. This horse has been beat to death but I can totally see why newbies wonder. Just search. There are tons of threads.

Just know that each line will have fans, for many different reasons too.

Linny

Shiny_Rock
I second those suggestion as well. And please note Victor also has an upgrade policy too.

If you are still wondering about the differences between super ideal vendors, search threads on WF, HPD, BGD. This horse has been beat to death but I can totally see why newbies wonder. Just search. There are tons of threads.

Great thank you!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Agree with all of this.

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That's not to say BG Black is automatically superior to everything. People have commented on this board and said they preferred the signature stone. Each diamond has a flavour even within super ideal stones. You may like one black better than a signature stone, an expert better than an ACA, especially for dianobd/dollar.

They will all be bright and the differences with in them should be minor

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

That horse will never DIE! . :wink2:. We own stones from all thee above.

Linny

Shiny_Rock
That horse will never DIE! . :wink2:. We own stones from all thee above.

I know, it is tough because ideally you could look at several from different vendors side by side and pick the one you like best! But in the world of internet shopping I think you just go with what feels right with all the available information.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know, it is tough because ideally you could look at several from different vendors side by side and pick the one you like best! But in the world of internet shopping I think you just go with what feels right with all the available information.

At one point there was a video comparing a CBI and ACA in different lights. The differences were super minor, but I found my eyes drawn to the CBI for what it's worth.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
At one point there was a video comparing a CBI and ACA in different lights. The differences were super minor, but I found my eyes drawn to the CBI for what it's worth.

If someone finds that, they need to post a link in the ‘helpful threads’ sticky.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If someone finds that, they need to post a link in the ‘helpful threads’ sticky.

My only issue with that is that those were just two diamonds. Unless the diamonds were the exact same size, color, clarity, and angle dimensions, the preference wasn't for a brand, it was for the specs of the particular diamond.

As to this thread, I would personally buy from Whiteflash, High Performance Diamonds (CBI), or Victor Canera. I think those companies have outstanding diamonds and the best customer service. If Victor has a diamond you love, he gives a discount on the setting if you buy the diamond from him. So that gives a slight edge to getting the diamond from him if he has exactly what you want. If not, I'd be looking at WF and HPD. All my H&A diamonds are from WF, just FYI.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I found a couple more ACA & CBI comparison videos in these threads below; the second thread was also linked in the first.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/cbi-vs-aca-another-pic-and-vid-comparison.236493/
https://www.pricescope.com/communit...nfinity-wf-aca-and-james-allen-gia-3x.235609/
https://www.pricescope.com/communit...in-person-w-pics-and-video-comparison.248180/

*This is not to suggest all things are exactly equal, one is better than the other, etc.; just posting these together because periodically this question come up, and these threads have a lot of various observations, pics, videos and thoughts pertaining to ACAs & CBIs.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results