shape
carat
color
clarity

Ideal cut diamond cut comparisons between vendors?

Discussion in 'RockyTalky' started by Linny, Jul 24, 2019.

1. Linny
    Rough_Rock

by Linny » Jul 24, 2019
    I am about to start shopping for an ideal-cut H&A diamond and I plan to set with VC. There seems to be a lot of information out there and it can be confusing! It seems the prominent vendors that are known to carry ideal cuts are BG, Whiteflash, and VC. Within them there is further granularity: in-house verses virtual, different branding for different levels of ideal cuts... My question is, would you say this is an accurate cut comparison(?):

White Flash ACA H&A = comparable to BG Signature "Black" = comparable to Canera H&A
    White Flash H&A Expert Selection = comparable to BG Signature "H&A"

Whiteflash told me that the only difference between their Expert selection category and their ACA is that the Expert selection stones are ideal but didn't quite make the ACA category and BG told me the only difference between the Black and H&A collections is that the angles on the Black stones are "tweaked" to get even greater light performance above and beyond the Signature H&As.

Would you say this is an accurate comparison or am I missing something? I can't go wrong with any of these vendors, right? Of course there are other considerations - upgrade/buyback policies, company history, discounts, ethical/social responsibility, etc. - and whomever carries the stone that closest meets my desired specifications and budget!

2. Lookinagain
    Brilliant_Rock

by Lookinagain » Jul 24, 2019
    You should also consider HPD (High Performance Diamonds) as a vendor of ideal cuts.

Tonks, AdaBeta27, Ss52 and 5 others like this.
  3. cflutist
    Ideal_Rock

by cflutist » Jul 24, 2019
    You omitted High Performance Diamonds (HPD), who exclusivly sell Crafted by Infinity (CBI) superideal cut diamonds.

Tonks, Ss52, Dancing Fire and 3 others like this.
  4. Linny
    Rough_Rock

by Linny » Jul 24, 2019
    Great thanks hadn’t heard of them. Will add them to the search!

5. Linny
    Rough_Rock

by Linny » Jul 24, 2019

Great thanks I’ll look into them as well!

6. whitewave
    Ideal_Rock

by whitewave » Jul 24, 2019
    I own Crafted by infinity and Brian Gavin signature, but honestly if you are going to get Victor to set your ring, then I think you should buy a diamond from him. My opinion only. I just think it’s the best way and his stones are beautiful and he does amazing work, so let him do it all.

JrJ, LightBright, soxfan and 2 others like this.
  7. SimoneDi
    Ideal_Rock

by SimoneDi » Jul 24, 2019
    @Linny that’s not an accurate comparison between BGD and WF’s lines. If anything the BGD blue is probably more comparable to WF ES. BGD Signature = WF ACA.

As others said, there are also HPD and VC signature super-ideal stones. If VC has a stone that matches your requirements, i’d get it through them as they also offer a discount on the setting if the diamond is purchased through them.

hypermom and lovedogs like this.
  8. Linny
    Rough_Rock

by Linny » Jul 24, 2019
    Thank you this is very helpful.

SimoneDi likes this.
  9. LLJsmom
    Ideal_Rock

by LLJsmom » Jul 24, 2019
    I second those suggestion as well. And please note Victor also has an upgrade policy too.

If you are still wondering about the differences between super ideal vendors, search threads on WF, HPD, BGD. This horse has been beat to death but I can totally see why newbies wonder. Just search. There are tons of threads.

Just know that each line will have fans, for many different reasons too.

SimoneDi, lovedogs and OoohShiny like this.
  10. Linny
    Rough_Rock

by Linny » Jul 24, 2019
    Great thank you!

OoohShiny likes this.

11. lovedogs
    Ideal_Rock

by lovedogs » Jul 24, 2019
    Agree with all of this.

SimoneDi likes this.
  12. gm89uk
    Brilliant_Rock

by gm89uk » Jul 25, 2019
    That's not to say BG Black is automatically superior to everything. People have commented on this board and said they preferred the signature stone. Each diamond has a flavour even within super ideal stones. You may like one black better than a signature stone, an expert better than an ACA, especially for dianobd/dollar.

They will all be bright and the differences with in them should be minor

diamondseeker2006 and OoohShiny like this.
  13. Dancing Fire
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by Dancing Fire » Jul 25, 2019
    That horse will never DIE! . :wink2:. We own stones from all thee above.

14. Linny
    Rough_Rock

by Linny » Jul 28, 2019
    I know, it is tough because ideally you could look at several from different vendors side by side and pick the one you like best! But in the world of internet shopping I think you just go with what feels right with all the available information.

lovedogs likes this.
  15. lovedogs
    Ideal_Rock

by lovedogs » Jul 28, 2019

At one point there was a video comparing a CBI and ACA in different lights. The differences were super minor, but I found my eyes drawn to the CBI for what it's worth.

AdaBeta27 and Ss52 like this.

16. the_mother_thing
    Ideal_Rock

by the_mother_thing » Jul 28, 2019
    If someone finds that, they need to post a link in the ‘helpful threads’ sticky.

Nitedula, Ss52, OoohShiny and 2 others like this.
  17. diamondseeker2006
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by diamondseeker2006 » Jul 29, 2019
    My only issue with that is that those were just two diamonds. Unless the diamonds were the exact same size, color, clarity, and angle dimensions, the preference wasn't for a brand, it was for the specs of the particular diamond.

As to this thread, I would personally buy from Whiteflash, High Performance Diamonds (CBI), or Victor Canera. I think those companies have outstanding diamonds and the best customer service. If Victor has a diamond you love, he gives a discount on the setting if you buy the diamond from him. So that gives a slight edge to getting the diamond from him if he has exactly what you want. If not, I'd be looking at WF and HPD. All my H&A diamonds are from WF, just FYI.

18. Ss52
    Shiny_Rock

19. the_mother_thing
    Ideal_Rock

Tonks likes this.
  20. lovedogs
    Ideal_Rock

the_mother_thing likes this.
  21. the_mother_thing
    Ideal_Rock

by the_mother_thing » Aug 10, 2019
    I found a couple more ACA & CBI comparison videos in these threads below; the second thread was also linked in the first.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/cbi-vs-aca-another-pic-and-vid-comparison.236493/
    https://www.pricescope.com/communit...nfinity-wf-aca-and-james-allen-gia-3x.235609/
    https://www.pricescope.com/communit...in-person-w-pics-and-video-comparison.248180/

*This is not to suggest all things are exactly equal, one is better than the other, etc.; just posting these together because periodically this question come up, and these threads have a lot of various observations, pics, videos and thoughts pertaining to ACAs & CBIs.