shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Any day we should find out where we are moving too....why do I have a feeling they won't tell us for 3 more months though...sigh :knockout:

ClassyRocks

Brilliant_Rock
My headache went away today! Thank you for the kind wishes missy!

Also, we have 2 baby sparrows (not finches) nesting in our Bar-B-Que grill! They are soooo tiny that I couldn't get a decent picture to post....they are precious though!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
gregchang35|1373488094|3480442 said:
YT|1373472758|3480287 said:
gregchang35 said:
Hmmm - Very heated discussion with family. Nearly 2 hrs later Nd one sleeping pill taken. Still awake.
Was feeling sad but now better. Still need to get sleep!!!!! Should I take the second one.... Will wait for another 30mins...
Greg! I made a thread asking you about your trip to Portland!

Hi there YT!!

You have a good memory- I have now posted on that thread.

I did not take the second pill. Yay to that! But now awake at 430am!!! Ugh!!

Are you an insomniac too???

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I have the same haircut as Edward Snowden. Not the mustache though (thank god).

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock
My Cartier Trinity ring is still lost, and the USPS, is impossible to work with.
No one answers a damn phone. Yesterday I was on hold with consumer affairs USPS Florida division for 25 minutes and then they switched to the sorry we are closed for the day message!!!
GRRRR... Those swell folks work M-F 9-12 break for lunch then work again 1-4:30.
So I have to wait till Monday to sit on hold.
The last gal I spoke to was very sympathetic but accomplished NOTHING but give me more phone numbers.
They actually have images of my package in transit, they think the label may have come off. The postal guy put it on.
Right now I could cry ;(

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock
Dee*Jay said:
I think I have the same haircut as Edward Snowden. Not the mustache though (thank god).

Baahaa good thing for small favors I guess

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Medical bills astound me. We have the best insurance (lots of) money can buy. And yet I still pay so much out of pocket. Just paid over $1k in various bills tonight. My son has had several hearing tests lately which are $400 a pop (apparently we haven't met our deductible yet. Maybe by the fourth test?!). But even vaccines are a few hundred each time. How do people on tight budgets swing this?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rosebloom|1373777816|3482675 said:
Medical bills astound me. We have the best insurance (lots of) money can buy. And yet I still pay so much out of pocket. Just paid over $1k in various bills tonight. My son has had several hearing tests lately which are $400 a pop (apparently we haven't met our deductible yet. Maybe by the fourth test?!). But even vaccines are a few hundred each time. How do people on tight budgets swing this?

I have no idea. :(( Our medical bills are ludicrous as well and yet I know how fortunate it is that we have medical insurance or else it would really be impossible to afford the care we need. I really feel for the people who cannot afford to get the proper care. Health care is truly a necessity and a right IMO and not a privilege yet sometimes it doesn't feel as it is valued in that way here.

I hope your son is doing well and that everything goes smoothly for him Rosebloom!!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Four people... three bottles of malbec... several shared tequila flights... a little mescal... Ug. Things at 42 are harder to recover from than they were at 22!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't believe Finn (Cory) from Glee is dead....sad that someone with great looks a good voice and his whole life ahead of him is taken out by drugs and booze and stupid life choices...

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
I cannot effing believe they acquitted Zimmerman. Ugh. What a load. :knockout: ;( :nono:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ummm... I think there is a direct relationship with how often I am refreshing PS and responding on PS during working hours and my level of job DISsatisfaction. :naughty: :errrr:

SB621

Ideal_Rock

Oh RB I"m sorry!!! We are so lucky that all of our medical is covered. It is one of the few positives with being military. I shudder to think what the extra expense will be if we get out and have to go under my health insurance. Rates seem like they have skyrocketed in the last 6-8 years!

Kelinas

Shiny_Rock
missy|1373799846|3482727 said:

I have no idea. :(( Our medical bills are ludicrous as well and yet I know how fortunate it is that we have medical insurance or else it would really be impossible to afford the care we need. I really feel for the people who cannot afford to get the proper care. Health care is truly a necessity and a right IMO and not a privilege yet sometimes it doesn't feel as it is valued in that way here.

I hope your son is doing well and that everything goes smoothly for him Rosebloom!!!

makes me insanely jealous of my Canadian friends.
DH is out if the military now, and were still trying to transition to everything non-military.

Insurance....is f*cking insane.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
My achy knees have again predicted the weather, raining.

I got to order the setting for my engagement ring today, and I am one happy camper!

I encountered the smartest pound puppy I've ever met this weekend. Her new owners got her less than a month ago and RENAMED her Lucy. She's a Jack Russell. If you don't know about them, they can be distracted very easily. This little pup is great with their kids, comes when she hears her name called or hears a whistle, even from a hundred yards away, will find her way AROUND water to get to you, and knows the commands : sit, load up, speak, come, heel, stay, get in, and go get them (go find the kids). She is so smart! And so friendly! I am really happy for them, they had lost their previous dog to a repeated growth in his thyroid glands, so I know they needed this.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The relentless negativity of my family is beginning to wear on me. My dad had *literally* been in the house less than a minute before he started criticizing a new piece of jewelry on grounds of design and workmanship, implying I'd overpaid: my mom managed to make it five whole minutes before telling me about how jealous she was of a friend of mine (who had been in the room until then, which I'm sure is the only reason for the delay) currently succeeding on a career path from which I chose to divert. In order to have a family. Which, when I was on said career path, she could NOT stop nagging me about.

Heads they win, tails I lose. NO FUN. I want a cookie, damnit.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Dee*Jay|1373496594|3480606 said:
Circe|1373493805|3480534 said:
Remember how I was having crap headaches? Consider this a PSA, because after more than a month of pain, a lot of dr. visits, an MRI, and assorted other crap, I finally figured out what was causing them.

You ready for this? VITAMIN D. Which was prescribed by not one, but TWO doctors, because my levels were low. Apparently, for some people (ME), anything above 4000 IUD a day is just too much.

You have been warned. Me, I'm off to enjoy a wonderful, skullcap'o'pain-free evening of delightful work. YAY!

First of all I'm glad you have gotten to the bottom of this!

How interesting through--one of my closest friends suffers from debilitating cluster headaches and they have put him on a mega dose of Vitamin D. I will share this with him.

Yee-ouch - I'm really sorry to hear that. Given what I've been reading, I get the feeling cluster headaches make migraines look like child's play.

What drove me nuts about this whole process was that my doctors recommended three new drugs around - the vitamin D and some thyroid stuff. It made it insanely difficult to try to rule things out - I didn't know if it was a random development, an interaction one of them was having with some inane thing (caffeine, alcohol, chocolate chip cookie dough ... you name it). And I didn't even THINK of the vitamin D until I got desperate. At this point, it's looking like the vitamin D was behind the migraines, and a thyroid drug called Cytonel behind the tension headaches, for a perfect clusterf*ck of a problem to diagnose. Dunno WHICH one was behind the sudden joint pain, and I'm not going back on to find out!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
ClassyRocks|1373496670|3480608 said:
Circe|1373493805|3480534 said:
Remember how I was having crap headaches? Consider this a PSA, because after more than a month of pain, a lot of dr. visits, an MRI, and assorted other crap, I finally figured out what was causing them.

You ready for this? VITAMIN D. Which was prescribed by not one, but TWO doctors, because my levels were low. Apparently, for some people (ME), anything above 4000 IUD a day is just too much.

You have been warned. Me, I'm off to enjoy a wonderful, skullcap'o'pain-free evening of delightful work. YAY!

This is so weird! I am having terrible headaches (2 days) which leave me unable to do any meaningful work. I thought about researching your other thread to see how you resolved the headaches. I take vitamin D, but I have not been consistent on a daily basis, more like every other day or so. I'll pay closer attention now!

Ugh, Classy - I'm really glad yours went away, FINALLY! But if this mess taught me anything, it's that any ridiculous thing can have side effects, that doctors don't think to warn you, and that self-diagnosing is a nightmare. Oh, and it's reinforced that I am indeed The Side Effect Queen. Bah. I hope yours were a one-off and that you won't need to worry about it again!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
dragonfly411|1373920375|3483478 said:
My achy knees have again predicted the weather, raining. quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I love pound puppy happy endings!!! Lucy sounds BRILLIANT!

Your e-ring is going to be DIVINE!

Circe - :(sad Parents - can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em!
As for COOKIE, it's so hot out - go for a CHIPWICH!!! My fondest law school memories - the ice cream vending machine with the CHIP WICHES!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
And, what I SHOULD have said a week ago (except both of the offending substances take a week or two to leach out, so while things improved immediately, I'm still a little too Victorian lady stereotype for my own liking) - Matata, SB, Deej, Classy, Missy, and all y'all who were so nice throughout the whole mess, THANK YOU. The support was invaluable.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
After almost 19 years at my job, I got let go today. This is pretty darn depressing.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Kismet, I'm so sorry!

I'm not going to be all "cliche" and talk about what an *opportunity* this is becuase it's so fresh, but I hope something wonderful does come of this for you.

Biggest hugs my friend!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Kismet - I'm so sorry. ::HUGS::

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
;( So sorry Kismet!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
NO!! Kismet - that's terrible news. I'm so sorry for your situation... I hope things look up for you VERY quickly. DUST DUST DUST that you get thru this next while with head held high and a wonderful new opportunity at the end. {{{HUGS}}}

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Kismet|1373983753|3483902 said:
After almost 19 years at my job, I got let go today. This is pretty darn depressing.

Oh my goodness I'm so sorry kismet. I hope you bounce back quickly and find something else you love. Are you near retirement at all?

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:o :(sad

I'm so sorry, Kismet. Lots of dust to you!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Circe|1373925254|3483524 said:
And, what I SHOULD have said a week ago (except both of the offending substances take a week or two to leach out, so while things improved immediately, I'm still a little too Victorian lady stereotype for my own liking) - Matata, SB, Deej, Classy, Missy, and all y'all who were so nice throughout the whole mess, THANK YOU. The support was invaluable.

I'm here for you sista!

A FWIW- parents stink sometimes. I can only take the lessons learned from my parents and try to treat my children better. I'm not close to my parents and since I have had children they want to have more of a relationship now. however, they come to the house sit down on the couch and watch tv. The kids are elsewhere doing whatever and there is no interaction. Truly pi$$es me off.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Oh Kismet - crap! I'm so sorry. :(

My 4 year old had very minor surgery this morning. All went well. Still while he was under anesthesia in the OR I was a nervous wreck! Glad it's over.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Rosebloom|1373987109|3483950 said:
My 4 year old had very minor surgery this morning. All went well. Still while he was under anesthesia in the OR I was a nervous wreck! Glad it's over.

Glad Surgery went well. I would have been the same way. Hugs my friend.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results