shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
:wavey: Rosebloom - glad to hear all is well, post op! Hugs to the little one!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
SB - I can totally understand your 'visiting parents' issue. Not that you're expecting them to reshingle the roof or clean the house from top to bottom... but sitting on the sofa ignoring the grand kids you came to visit?? uh uh. :nono: I hear ya!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Enerchi|1373987724|3483966 said:
SB - I can totally understand your 'visiting parents' issue. Not that you're expecting them to reshingle the roof or clean the house from top to bottom... but sitting on the sofa ignoring the grand kids you came to visit?? uh uh. :nono: I hear ya!

Thanks E! Last time they were here my dad took my DS outside to play. He had just turned 2 yo so he needs supervision. My dad came in the house on a phone call so I just assume my son came with him. My DH doesn't realy trust my parents so within seconds he was outside the house grabbing our toddler before he ran into the rd. Yup, now when they come to visit we don't leave them alone without DH or myself with them. They get irritated about it, but I don't realy care. They weren't very responsible when i was growing up so I don't feel the need to give them slack with my children.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
SB621 said:
Rosebloom|1373987109|3483950 said:
My 4 year old had very minor surgery this morning. All went well. Still while he was under anesthesia in the OR I was a nervous wreck! Glad it's over.

Glad Surgery went well. I would have been the same way. Hugs my friend.

Thank you SB!!! And Enerchi!!

ClassyRocks

Brilliant_Rock
Circe|1373925033|3483522 said:
ClassyRocks|1373496670|3480608 said:
Circe|1373493805|3480534 said:
Remember how I was having crap headaches? Consider this a PSA, because after more than a month of pain, a lot of dr. visits, an MRI, and assorted other crap, I finally figured out what was causing them.

You ready for this? VITAMIN D. Which was prescribed by not one, but TWO doctors, because my levels were low. Apparently, for some people (ME), anything above 4000 IUD a day is just too much.

You have been warned. Me, I'm off to enjoy a wonderful, skullcap'o'pain-free evening of delightful work. YAY!

This is so weird! I am having terrible headaches (2 days) which leave me unable to do any meaningful work. I thought about researching your other thread to see how you resolved the headaches. I take vitamin D, but I have not been consistent on a daily basis, more like every other day or so. I'll pay closer attention now!

Ugh, Classy - I'm really glad yours went away, FINALLY! But if this mess taught me anything, it's that any ridiculous thing can have side effects, that doctors don't think to warn you, and that self-diagnosing is a nightmare. Oh, and it's reinforced that I am indeed The Side Effect Queen. Bah. I hope yours were a one-off and that you won't need to worry about it again!

Circe, I think mine are the result of a combination of things as many times is the case. I was having a string of headaches (6weeks) in the Spring about the tine you were having yours. I attributed mine to atmospheric pressure changes along with the stress of training for an important volunteer position. However, I was getting worried and worn down because I have never had daily headaches for such a long period of time. I was seriously considering a scan to see if there was something more serious going on. I did not pursue any testing when the headaches subsided.

Last week's headache had me anxious because I wondered if it was the beginning of another string of headaches. I am hoping it was a one-off! I have a high pain tolerance and I am healthy except when I get one of those headaches . . . I become nearly nonfunctioning and physically get the dark eyes. :knockout: I immensely appreciate your concern and help! You are a sweetheart!

ClassyRocks

Brilliant_Rock
Rosebloom|1373987109|3483950 said:
Oh Kismet - crap! I'm so sorry. :(

My 4 year old had very minor surgery this morning. All went well. Still while he was under anesthesia in the OR I was a nervous wreck! Glad it's over.

Rosebloom, it makes a Mother fall to her knees when it involves her child! I don't think that ever goes away; it is a part of who we are. I am so happy for you and your son that the surgery is hindsight now! :saint:

Kismet, I wish I could give you a hug. We are here for you. I know that does not pay the bills, but we are here just the same!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Circe and Enrenchi are bad enablers to me. It's like they hang a hamburger infront of me after a month of straight dieting.
So to the both of you- I'm keeping my diamond and the rose gold setting is a go. I just couldn't part with it when the moment finally came. :sick: I'm so very glad you read my thread and showed me the rose gold light!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
SB621|1374107122|3485105 said:
. Circe and Enerchi are bad enablers to me. It's like they hang a hamburger infront of me after a month of straight dieting.
So to the both of you- I'm keeping my diamond and the rose gold setting is a go. I just couldn't part with it when the moment finally came. :sick: I'm so very glad you read my thread and showed me the rose gold light!

You simply cannot trust those two....I've heard TERRIBLE things about enablers on PS. You really have to watch out for it....it's so subtle sometimes, you don't even see it coming.... :Up_to_something:

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Enerchi|1374116913|3485226 said:
. Circe and Enerchi are bad enablers to me. It's like they hang a hamburger infront of me after a month of straight dieting.

You simply cannot trust those two....I've heard TERRIBLE things about enablers on PS. You really have to watch out for it....it's so subtle sometimes, you don't even see it coming.... :Up_to_something:

Right.
Overwhelmingly subtle.
Saunter away while you can.
Evict them from your subconscious.

Gruesome folk, those enablers.
Otherworldly in their endless efforts to
Lure you to the dark side.
Do it, escape while you can!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Circe and Enrenchi are bad enablers to me. It's like they hang a hamburger infront of me after a month of straight dieting.

Oh and Christina too! She was right there in with you both waving the hamburger! I can't believe I forgot the person who first started it! My apologies!

But seriously thank you ladies. I was trying to be practical and for some strange reason I'm very emotionally attached to this diamond. I wasn't married with it so I have no idea why. Anyhow DH basically said if we sold it there was no way to replace it so we might as well keep it. Last year at Thanksgiving I lost the FLY halo ring he gave me for our daughter so we will reset this diamond and it will be my little girls ring. In our family it is tradition that push gifts get passed down to the children on their wedding day (or engagment) so now she will have something again just for her.

justginger

Ideal_Rock
Circe|1374118679|3485240 said:

Right.
Overwhelmingly subtle.

:lol: :appl:

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Sarah - that is so sweet. I'm sure your daughter will be thrilled!

Circe - you crack me up!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Circe|1374118679|3485240 said:

Right.
Overwhelmingly subtle.

:appl: :appl: :appl: Circe --- you are a rock star!!! AWESOME!! Happy to have you on my enabling team!! :lol:

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nothing that happens in life is official until it's posted on FB.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
My next door neighbors just got a LAB PUPPY and they are outside yelling at it because it is biting the furniture....looks like I"m going outside to have a word with them. Wish me luck! Some ppl are just idiots!

Kelinas

Shiny_Rock
SB621|1374234711|3486079 said:
My next door neighbors just got a LAB PUPPY and they are outside yelling at it because it is biting the furniture....looks like I"m going outside to have a word with them. Wish me luck! Some ppl are just idiots!

I always tell people that puppies will chew.
Happy puppies chew, sad puppies chew bored puppies chew. :lol:
unless you vibrantly give them attention and let them expend their energy elsewhere, your stuff will be chewed.
some people just never learn.:/

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Kelinas|1374246884|3486174 said:

unless you vibrantly give them attention and let them expend their energy elsewhere, your stuff will be chewed.

Tell me about it. Our lab is 5 years old and I think she is finally calming down on chewing. It just kills me when ppl buy puppies and then forget the work that is involved with them. yes they look cute- and YES THEY WILL CHEW AND PEE ALL OVER YOUR FLOOR!! They will bite you without meaning too, they will chew your favorite shoes, they will not come walking on a lease etc. My neighbor is very type A and not patient at all. I think getting a dog was a horrible idea for them. Anyhow our yard is fenced in so I told her when the puppy has alot of energy to let me know and I will take her in the back with our lab for them to play around and chase each other and perhaps some toys too. We also take our dogs are really long walks early in the morning before it gets too hot and then late again at night to help them get some fresh air. she looked at me and her only response to that was, "I don't get up before 10am." :shock:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SB621|1374252704|3486231 said:

Tell me about it. Our lab is 5 years old and I think she is finally calming down on chewing. It just kills me when ppl buy puppies and then forget the work that is involved with them. yes they look cute- and YES THEY WILL CHEW AND PEE ALL OVER YOUR FLOOR!! They will bite you without meaning too, they will chew your favorite shoes, they will not come walking on a lease etc. My neighbor is very type A and not patient at all. I think getting a dog was a horrible idea for them. Anyhow our yard is fenced in so I told her when the puppy has alot of energy to let me know and I will take her in the back with our lab for them to play around and chase each other and perhaps some toys too. We also take our dogs are really long walks early in the morning before it gets too hot and then late again at night to help them get some fresh air. she looked at me and her only response to that was, "I don't get up before 10am." :shock:

Well then she's going to get up to a floor that been mightily p!ssed upon every morning.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SB621|1374252704|3486231 said:

Oh this makes me sooooo angry. Why oh why do people get dogs when they are not willing to take care of them properly? Yes, dogs are cute and fun but they are also a lot of work, especially at the puppy stage. I agree with you SB, if you get a puppy you have to realize you have to put a lot of time and energy into training them. And you have to WALK them. Especially labs!!! They are so high energy that they really need it, and it will improve their behavior in the house. Ugh, sorry for going on, I just get really frustrated with people sometimes.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So i was driving into town today and I saw a billboard that a local jeweler now has Sholdt rings. Pretty excited! I havent got to see any ones in person. Id really like one someday, so i think i might pop in, as soon as i can actually find that jeweler.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sad. We are going to visit my friends and their beloved golden lab Harry later today because Harry was just diagnosed last Thursday with an inoperable brain tumor and they are putting him to sleep tomorrow. They wanted us to come to say goodbye. ;( ;( ;(

I am so torn up because I have so many questions I want to ask them but I am going to respect their decision. They are both animal lovers and I know they have given much thought to this decision but I cannot help feeling like there might be something they can do. My parent's dog Tara (boxer) died last year from a brain tumor and my parents did everything to extend her quality of life. They did chemo/radiation etc I really cannot remember everything as it was an upsetting time but they bought her an extra 8 months I believe.

Ofc everyone is different and I respect their decision but my heart is breaking. Harry is such a sweetheart.He is only 8 yo. My friend got him from her dh as a wedding gift when they got married almost 8 years ago. Harry and I had many good times together as I did take him for walks often. He will be missed by so many. I would be gratfeul if everyone reading this could just say a prayer for Harry and for him to know how much everyone loves him and that the end is peaceful for him.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
missy|1374402682|3487121 said:
I'm so sad. We are going to visit my friends and their beloved golden lab Harry later today because Harry was just diagnosed last Thursday with an inoperable brain tumor and they are putting him to sleep tomorrow. They wanted us to come to say goodbye. ;( ;( ;(

I am so torn up because I have so many questions I want to ask them but I am going to respect their decision. They are both animal lovers and I know they have given much thought to this decision but I cannot help feeling like there might be something they can do. My parent's dog Tara (boxer) died last year from a brain tumor and my parents did everything to extend her quality of life. They did chemo/radiation etc I really cannot remember everything as it was an upsetting time but they bought her an extra 8 months I believe.

Ofc everyone is different and I respect their decision but my heart is breaking. Harry is such a sweetheart.He is only 8 yo. My friend got him from her dh as a wedding gift when they got married almost 8 years ago. Harry and I had many good times together as I did take him for walks often. He will be missed by so many. I would be gratfeul if everyone reading this could just say a prayer for Harry and for him to know how much everyone loves him and that the end is peaceful for him.

Oh course Missy! I'm so sorry to hear about that. And i know it is hard but you are doing the right thing by not asking questions. It might be their vet recommended there is nothing to do. harry might be in extreme pain allready. Or it might be that your friends don't have the funds to do the treatment for the tumor. Regardless I can only imagine how hard it was for them to come to that decision. I'll be thinking about Harry this week and made a small donation to the ASPCA for him (as well as another doggie in our neighborhood who had puppies and lost 2 of them :nono: ).

Kelinas

Shiny_Rock
my former roomie has a bull mastiff that has.cancer.
she started.him on chemo but my god...the dog was in more pain from the chemo than the.cancer.
he would be groggy, no appetite, and just...in pain. she's recently decided that she will no longer put her dog thru chemo and that he will spend the rest of his life not in pain..at least preventable pain.

Grr of the day: there was a pug that was found in a Korean kill shelter lastyear. apparently abandoned numerous times it took many people to vouch that they would keep the dog out of the shelter in order for the dog to be released.
well the family who ended up adopting poor Frank let him run away and abandon him once again.. and see no fault in this.

The things I would do to people who abuse dogs.

there is a very special place in hell for animal abusers :nono:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SB621|1374426433|3487272 said:
missy|1374402682|3487121 said:

Oh course Missy! I'm so sorry to hear about that. And i know it is hard but you are doing the right thing by not asking questions. It might be their vet recommended there is nothing to do. harry might be in extreme pain allready. Or it might be that your friends don't have the funds to do the treatment for the tumor. Regardless I can only imagine how hard it was for them to come to that decision. I'll be thinking about Harry this week and made a small donation to the ASPCA for him (as well as another doggie in our neighborhood who had puppies and lost 2 of them :nono: ).

Thank you so much Sarah. That is very kind of you.

We saw them yesterday and it was a wonderful visit. Harry was happy and himself and getting to eat all sorts of yummy foods. No restrictions. He was a happy baby. It makes it even more difficult seeing how good he looks but my friend explained how they want him to be at peace and not suffer any more seizures. He had 4 grand mal seizures last week all in one night and she said it was the most awful thing they had ever seen. The doctor said that the anti-seizure meds wouldn't keep them away too long (I guess due to the location/size of the tumor) so they just didn't want him to suffer. The only treatment available is radiation since the tumor is inoperable and they didn't think it would gain him much quality of life and the risk of seizing would still be ever present. So they are doing it this morning. I had a very restless night and I feel very sad. He is still so young and should have had many happy years left. Sometimes I get an overwhelming sadness when I think of all the good people/animals that die far too soon. The randomness of life and the uncertainty of it all sometimes feels like this heavy weight on my brain if that makes any sense.

Thank you Sarah for your well wishes and good thoughts for Harry.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kelinas|1374459096|3487505 said:
my former roomie has a bull mastiff that has.cancer.
she started.him on chemo but my god...the dog was in more pain from the chemo than the.cancer.
he would be groggy, no appetite, and just...in pain. she's recently decided that she will no longer put her dog thru chemo and that he will spend the rest of his life not in pain..at least preventable pain.

Grr of the day: there was a pug that was found in a Korean kill shelter lastyear. apparently abandoned numerous times it took many people to vouch that they would keep the dog out of the shelter in order for the dog to be released.
well the family who ended up adopting poor Frank let him run away and abandon him once again.. and see no fault in this.

The things I would do to people who abuse dogs.

there is a very special place in hell for animal abusers :nono:

I couldn't agree more Kelinas. I think animal abusers are the lowest form of human life and I hope with all my heart and soul they get back what they give 1,000,000 fold.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Missy - I'm sorry about your friends' dog. I agree with them, and I am sure they have the best interests in mind. Seizures in dogs are absolutely horrible, and terrifying for both them and their people. We had a Springer Spaniel that began having very strong seizures in his old age and it was horrible. He was diagnosed with cancer and we put him to sleep. I have no doubt it was the absolute best choice for him. I hope that your friends and you find peace. ::hugs::

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
A co-worker (who lives in her sister's home) just presumed to tell me that I am unhappy because I have a lot of debt. I very gracefully told her that no, I do not. What I really wanted to say was a big big big big eff you.

Today is proving to be incredibly challenging. Everything has been negative. I mean everything. :(sad

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dragonfly411|1374499363|3487629 said:
Missy - I'm sorry about your friends' dog. I agree with them, and I am sure they have the best interests in mind. Seizures in dogs are absolutely horrible, and terrifying for both them and their people. We had a Springer Spaniel that began having very strong seizures in his old age and it was horrible. He was diagnosed with cancer and we put him to sleep. I have no doubt it was the absolute best choice for him. I hope that your friends and you find peace. ::hugs::

Thanks Dragonfly. He's at peace now. Here's a pic when he was a puppy at his summer country home.

dragonfly411 said:
A co-worker (who lives in her sister's home) just presumed to tell me that I am unhappy because I have a lot of debt. I very gracefully told her that no, I do not. What I really wanted to say was a big big big big eff you.

Today is proving to be incredibly challenging. Everything has been negative. I mean everything. :(sad
And sorry you are having a tough day...(((hugs))) back at you!

Attachments

• harryasapuppy.jpeg
    545.9 KB · Views: 227

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh missy, I'm so sorry :sick:

I'm so glad that your visit earlier this week went well, and I'm so glad that he was happy and himself! I imagine he had a blissful few days being spoilt rotten ::)

We lost our puppy Kodi to epilepsy a couple of years ago. He had grand mal seizures with increasing frequency as the meds became less effective and when he did eventually leave us it was a bittersweet relief. Aggressive treatments for our pets are just heartwrenching either way - it's horrid to consider why they need them and heartbreaking to think about putting them through it and devastating to know that we'll lose them sooner without... but I guess the fact that that decision is so hard to make represents something beautiful, in a backward, wretched sort of way - it wouldn't be so hard if we didn't care so much and love so dearly :(sad

::HUGS::
I'll be thinking of you and Harry and Harry's family.

ETA: missy - could you repost the picture?

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We are either a city under siege or there is a movie being filmed. Three enormous black helicoptors have been zooming past my building (it must be some sort of turn around point) for hours now. I'm on the 40th floor and these things are flying lower than my windows in a lot of instances.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results