color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

justginger

Ideal_Rock
missy|1374489009|3487585 said:
SB621|1374426433|3487272 said:
missy|1374402682|3487121 said:
I'm so sad. We are going to visit my friends and their beloved golden lab Harry later today because Harry was just diagnosed last Thursday with an inoperable brain tumor and they are putting him to sleep tomorrow. They wanted us to come to say goodbye. ;( ;( ;(

I am so torn up because I have so many questions I want to ask them but I am going to respect their decision. They are both animal lovers and I know they have given much thought to this decision but I cannot help feeling like there might be something they can do. My parent's dog Tara (boxer) died last year from a brain tumor and my parents did everything to extend her quality of life. They did chemo/radiation etc I really cannot remember everything as it was an upsetting time but they bought her an extra 8 months I believe.

Ofc everyone is different and I respect their decision but my heart is breaking. Harry is such a sweetheart.He is only 8 yo. My friend got him from her dh as a wedding gift when they got married almost 8 years ago. Harry and I had many good times together as I did take him for walks often. He will be missed by so many. I would be gratfeul if everyone reading this could just say a prayer for Harry and for him to know how much everyone loves him and that the end is peaceful for him.

Oh course Missy! I'm so sorry to hear about that. And i know it is hard but you are doing the right thing by not asking questions. It might be their vet recommended there is nothing to do. harry might be in extreme pain allready. Or it might be that your friends don't have the funds to do the treatment for the tumor. Regardless I can only imagine how hard it was for them to come to that decision. I'll be thinking about Harry this week and made a small donation to the ASPCA for him (as well as another doggie in our neighborhood who had puppies and lost 2 of them :nono: ).

Thank you so much Sarah. That is very kind of you.

We saw them yesterday and it was a wonderful visit. Harry was happy and himself and getting to eat all sorts of yummy foods. No restrictions. He was a happy baby. It makes it even more difficult seeing how good he looks but my friend explained how they want him to be at peace and not suffer any more seizures. He had 4 grand mal seizures last week all in one night and she said it was the most awful thing they had ever seen. The doctor said that the anti-seizure meds wouldn't keep them away too long (I guess due to the location/size of the tumor) so they just didn't want him to suffer. The only treatment available is radiation since the tumor is inoperable and they didn't think it would gain him much quality of life and the risk of seizing would still be ever present. So they are doing it this morning. I had a very restless night and I feel very sad. He is still so young and should have had many happy years left. Sometimes I get an overwhelming sadness when I think of all the good people/animals that die far too soon. The randomness of life and the uncertainty of it all sometimes feels like this heavy weight on my brain if that makes any sense.

Thank you Sarah for your well wishes and good thoughts for Harry.

How terribly sad, Missy - but big kudos to owners who are willing to deal with the loss and guilt in exchange for the avoidance of pain and suffering for their animal. That's the mark of a real animal lover, one who will take on the pain themselves to protect their furbabies. I am glad he got to spend his final days in a loving home, being doted on and enjoying life. So few animals get the sheer joy of unending love. Bless your friends, and you, for giving Harry a good life.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yssie|1374546684|3488180 said:
Oh missy, I'm so sorry :sick:

I'm so glad that your visit earlier this week went well, and I'm so glad that he was happy and himself! I imagine he had a blissful few days being spoilt rotten ::)

We lost our puppy Kodi to epilepsy a couple of years ago. He had grand mal seizures with increasing frequency as the meds became less effective and when he did eventually leave us it was a bittersweet relief. Aggressive treatments for our pets are just heartwrenching either way - it's horrid to consider why they need them and heartbreaking to think about putting them through it and devastating to know that we'll lose them sooner without... but I guess the fact that that decision is so hard to make represents something beautiful, in a backward, wretched sort of way - it wouldn't be so hard if we didn't care so much and love so dearly :(sad

::HUGS::
I'll be thinking of you and Harry and Harry's family.

ETA: missy - could you repost the picture?

Yssie, I'm so sorry about Kodi. Heartbreaking to lose our furbabies. Did my pic not post? It was in a weird jp2 attachment and I renamed it to jpeg and it showed up when I uploaded it here but if you guys are not seeing it not sure how to post it properly...I'll try again.

justginger said:
How terribly sad, Missy - but big kudos to owners who are willing to deal with the loss and guilt in exchange for the avoidance of pain and suffering for their animal. That's the mark of a real animal lover, one who will take on the pain themselves to protect their furbabies. I am glad he got to spend his final days in a loving home, being doted on and enjoying life. So few animals get the sheer joy of unending love. Bless your friends, and you, for giving Harry a good life.

Thank you Ginger. He had a wonderful life filled with love. And you are right- they made this decision to spare Harry from a difficult end and that is true love.

Attachments

• _112.jpeg
    545.9 KB · Views: 202

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Dee*Jay|1374547419|3488189 said:
We are either a city under siege or there is a movie being filmed. Three enormous black helicoptors have been zooming past my building (it must be some sort of turn around point) for hours now. I'm on the 40th floor and these things are flying lower than my windows in a lot of instances.

How cool if it's a movie!!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dragonfly411|1374587273|3488435 said:
Dee*Jay|1374547419|3488189 said:
We are either a city under siege or there is a movie being filmed. Three enormous black helicoptors have been zooming past my building (it must be some sort of turn around point) for hours now. I'm on the 40th floor and these things are flying lower than my windows in a lot of instances.

How cool if it's a movie!!!

LOL, my first thought was, "Wow, there's a helicoptor LANDING ON MY BALCONY."

They are ALWAYS shooting some sort of movie being shot right here though. Sometimes it is cool (like when they were shooting one of the Batman movies on lower Wacker Drive and Bill and The Demon would walk over on their nightly stroll and watch the car chases), but other times it's a big PITA. I have a friend who was prevented from going back to his condo for several hours becuse some Johnny Depp thing was being shot right outside his front door and they wouldn't let him go inside. All the neighbors in that building gathered around (because they were all coming home at the same time) and were really p!ssed off. But in general I see posters up restricting access or parking in an area almost every week for moving shooting, especially on the weekends.

They are supposed to have people parachuting off the tops of buildings on Wacker drive some night this week for something (Avengers maybe?). If I think of it I'll try to get pictures.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1374571352|3488345 said:
Yssie|1374546684|3488180 said:
Oh missy, I'm so sorry :sick:

I'm so glad that your visit earlier this week went well, and I'm so glad that he was happy and himself! I imagine he had a blissful few days being spoilt rotten ::)

We lost our puppy Kodi to epilepsy a couple of years ago. He had grand mal seizures with increasing frequency as the meds became less effective and when he did eventually leave us it was a bittersweet relief. Aggressive treatments for our pets are just heartwrenching either way - it's horrid to consider why they need them and heartbreaking to think about putting them through it and devastating to know that we'll lose them sooner without... but I guess the fact that that decision is so hard to make represents something beautiful, in a backward, wretched sort of way - it wouldn't be so hard if we didn't care so much and love so dearly :(sad

::HUGS::
I'll be thinking of you and Harry and Harry's family.

ETA: missy - could you repost the picture?

Yssie, I'm so sorry about Kodi. Heartbreaking to lose our furbabies. Did my pic not post? It was in a weird jp2 attachment and I renamed it to jpeg and it showed up when I uploaded it here but if you guys are not seeing it not sure how to post it properly...I'll try again.

justginger said:

Thank you Ginger. He had a wonderful life filled with love. And you are right- they made this decision to spare Harry from a difficult end and that is true love.

missy - I can see it on my iPhone! But I get a red X in FireFox22/Chrome28/IE9 - weird!

Oh my goodness Harry was an adorable puppy :bigsmile:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just flew past my office window

_8214.jpg

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Dee*Jay|1374630927|3488899 said:
Just flew past my office window

It's an alien movie. :saint:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
something weird is happening.....

poster 1 posted a picture of a ring saying something along the lines of "oh I tried this ring on at this designers store, im going to get a replica at a PS vendor"

then a day or two later poster 1 posts in another area staying "look at my new ring!" same pic as before, but now saying its from the PS vendor....

poster 2 joins PS to say she just got a new wedding set. Its the same picture from the aforementioned posts.....

its peculiar. I dont want to make any sort of assumptions but......

also, just in general, ive notice sometimes people post things about their jewelry that isnt true. I see it in CS from time to time, someone comes in with a pretty sapphire, but you see it on DB a few years later and it turns out to be cultured..

just on my mind, i dont know why people do things like that sometimes.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel|1374800185|3490440 said:

poster 1 posted a picture of a ring saying something along the lines of "oh I tried this ring on at this designers store, im going to get a replica at a PS vendor"

then a day or two later poster 1 posts in another area staying "look at my new ring!" same pic as before, but now saying its from the PS vendor....

poster 2 joins PS to say she just got a new wedding set. Its the same picture from the aforementioned posts.....

also, just in general, ive notice sometimes people post things about their jewelry that isnt true. I see it in CS from time to time, someone comes in with a pretty sapphire, but you see it on DB a few years later and it turns out to be cultured..

I just saw that in SMTR and though it was very strange too.

There was another poster several years ago who posted (I think) a ring with a yellow diamond in it, claiming it was her piece, and then posted another picture later where the stone had been photoshopped to pink and said that was another new ring. (Someone please correct me if I'm wrong--it was a long time ago!)

TOTALLY bizarre, I agree! Who has that sort of time and energy to post made up crazy sh!t? I have a hard enough time with just my REAL life!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And random comment: It's exceptionally difficult to study for the CPA exam when you can clearly (even with earplugs) hear the band on the deck 40 floors below (the Doppler effect is an amazing thing... ) doing a rousing Motown set. For three hours now... The singer is quite good though!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I remember a while ago someone posted a beautiful pink halo asscher ring. Everyone would ask about the asscher diamond with the specs and the OP never responded to the direct questions. Then perhaps a year or so later the ring was up on ebay where it stated the center was a sim. Made perfect sense then why she never had stats on the diamond :roll: I didn't care as it was a great setting, but I just didn't see the hooplah over it. To each their own.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SB621|1374846632|3490717 said:
I remember a while ago someone posted a beautiful pink halo asscher ring. Everyone would ask about the asscher diamond with the specs and the OP never responded to the direct questions. Then perhaps a year or so later the ring was up on ebay where it stated the center was a sim. Made perfect sense then why she never had stats on the diamond :roll: I didn't care as it was a great setting, but I just didn't see the hooplah over it. To each their own.
Right! I mean you don't know me from Adam. So I just don't get why youre lying to try to impress. If its a sim I understand. Just go to the forum that appreciates those and people will love it! Why try and say its something its not. Who knows.

Like SB if you or I were to Photoshop our center stones to look more like D-Es. People might be more impressed, but so?

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Perhaps they are just trying to be respectiful of PS forum policeys??? I know our forum gets alot more hits then other jewelry forums so I understand wanting to post here and get feedback on the piece. I love looking at jewelry and could care less what it actually is.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SB621|1374872328|3491010 said:
Perhaps they are just trying to be respectiful of PS forum policeys??? I know our forum gets alot more hits then other jewelry forums so I understand wanting to post here and get feedback on the piece. I love looking at jewelry and could care less what it actually is.

That's true. I'll be honest a pretty cultured rubies gets me every time haha

But like someone photo shopping a yellow diamond to look pink? Strange!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Side note:

I'm SO EXCITIED that all the Halloween stuff is starting to come out in stores! BEST.HOLIDAY.EVER!!!! I'm so ready for fall!

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Just booked our next cruise. Can't wait to get to St Petersburg! :appl:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
no bar hopping tonight... ;( Sitting here listening to 70's music.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
SB621|1374873896|3491031 said:
Side note:

I'm SO EXCITIED that all the Halloween stuff is starting to come out in stores! BEST.HOLIDAY.EVER!!!! I'm so ready for fall!

Already?! I know the seasonal stuff comes out early but this soon?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
my SO grandmother came into town yesterday. I wanted to snap a picture of her left ring finger but i didnt manage to...

she was wearing 4 rings, TWO of them were solitaires of about the same size oh the same finger!
now THATS a stack. :lol:

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Dancing Fire|1374898642|3491315 said:
no bar hopping tonight... ;( Sitting here listening to 70's music.

Me either...babysitting my sister's doggies. 70's music is always great!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such a sad story on the news today. Soldier got back home after deployment to find that his "friend" had given his dog away. (or maybe sold the purebred on Craig's List...)

The dog is micro chipped. Hopefully he'll be able to find the dog.

Story

Kelinas

Shiny_Rock
I just love getting up at 430 in the morning on my birthday because someone dials the wrong number.and thinks I'm her husbands mistress.

I swear, I can't make this sh*t up. and I have to be at work in a hour because they decided I'm.awesome like that and of course wouldn't mind working all day.
BDay wish? I wished at 430 am that I could sleep an hour more :nono:

Hope everyone has a great day though!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kelinas|1375003736|3491778 said:
I just love getting up at 430 in the morning on my birthday because someone dials the wrong number.and thinks I'm her husbands mistress.

I swear, I can't make this sh*t up. and I have to be at work in a hour because they decided I'm.awesome like that and of course wouldn't mind working all day.

I hope your day turns out to be wonderful despite the awful (but hilarious!) start. Happy b-day!!!

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
Niel|1374800185|3490440 said:

Agree, Niel. It hasn't happened often, but once or twice I've noticed that the specs don't seem to really match the picture. A while ago there was a diamond that the poster claimed was a D or an E, can't remember which, but it was clearly lemon-tinted. It could have been the lighting, I guess. And once or twice people have said that a diamond is X weight, and I've looked at it on the finger and thought, it just can't be, it looks quite a bit smaller. I've only noticed these three instances. I could of course be wrong about them all, but the picture and the specs, not seeming to match, has caused a question or two in my mind.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm in Bruges Belgium having foodgasms over french fries, chocolate and beer. All the basic food groups at my finger tips. LOL.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So... guess who's home and healthy? :bigsmile:

Bax is our new 3yo boxer mix. We picked him up from the shelter last week and he and Emily adore each other!! It's been by far the easiest, least-stressful introduction we've ever done - he's bigger, heavier, and older and she didn't argue about pack order at all. Their personalities are perfectly complementary: he's mellow where she's excitable and pliable where she's stubborn, and she seems to be picking up those traits just like we'd hoped ::) He's not exactly the brightest bulb, but... none of our critters besides Emily can boast of any particular intelligence so he fits right in. We think he's finally starting to understand "humans say something, I do something", now it's just getting him to figure out and remember what "sit" actually means 8)

We've only had him for a week but he's already attached himself to us - he's just as excited to see us every day as Emily is :bigsmile:

baxter.png

baxteremily.png

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
He's BEAUTIFUL, Yssie!! I love his face and his brindle colouring - what a sweet boy!! I hope he continues to bring you joy - and teach Emily a thing or two!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kelinas|1375003736|3491778 said:

Happy Birthday Kelinas!!! I hope it turned out far better at the end of the day, than how it started!
wishing good things ahead for you this year! (and I soooo would have said, "why yes, John is here with me now, would you like to speak with him" , in the calmest sexiest voice I could manage to purrrrr out at 430 am!! Teach her to check her numbers before she dials!! :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results