shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Oh Yssie goodluck with Baxter and Emily. We were only a 1 dog S(Japanese Shiba) house hold for about 7 months and then got our 2nd dog (black lab), it is so great to have 2 dogs especially when they are different in personality and really reflect that. I hope everything is allright.

As for me- I'm definitely in recovered mode and really wish I had taken more then a few days off work. I work from my house but even just getting into my office and sitting here typing is taken way more out of me then I thought. Husband is being great - beyond words, but I feel horrible for just how out of it I have been. I'm used to be having surgery (like lasik) or being sick and being up and about fucntioning as Super Mom again within 24 hours. I can't believe I will be OOO for 3 more weeks. blah!

Kelinas

Shiny_Rock
ran out of creamer, went to the store.
lady in front of me had this...obviously fake cz ring on.
little random 10 year old runs up and says "Wow, that's one biiiiiig diamond"
lady responds with "it sure is, this would feed your entire family for the rest of your life!"

one Who the hell says that kind of thing?

then I can't help but snort because it's fake.
i ask her the specs, she says "7ct D/IF in a marquise cut, and it's worth57 k you know"

I just started laughing. 7c of D/IF for 57k? You.WISH
then as she starte getting checked out, the cashier asks how she will pay, and the answer? EBT.
the little girl starts chuckling and told the lady "Either our govt is messed up.by giving someone like you food assistance, or your one big fat liar. I think your a liar" and walks off.

I hunted said child down and bought her ice cream. made my day.

edited for missing words

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
^^^^^^^^

Makes you wonder, doesn't it??? Yes indeed, if a child can pick up on things, why does this grown woman think she can fool anyone? :roll: ah.... people! :roll: ;))

Can I just ask tho - what is EBT? Is it like social assistance or welfare or food stamps? Not familiar with the phrase....

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
dragonfly411|1373289413|3478970 said:
My farm sitting has picked up so much business I need to make it an official business!!! Any ideas on a name to get it registered under and make some cards with?

The Travelling Farmer

Farm away from home

Farmer Brown Takes a Holiday

.... trying to keep it as a play on words!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kelinas! :wavey:

I :love: this ! Just when I was losing hope in the future of America, this whip smart child pops up! And :appl: to you for buying her ice cream! That's pretty awesome! :appl:

Kelinas

Shiny_Rock
EBT & SNAP are food stamps. In effort to make people less embarassed, they load a certain amount onto cards (like debit cards)

I had no idea what it was til I moved to my current location. People here are so damn lazy, refuse to work. Just wake up and drink. I think statistically, this tri-county area has one of the lowest working rates, and highest assistance rates.

I'm not saying I have issues with EBT, if you need the assistance, then by all means.
But this is just low.
Also, I know that it sounds like I'm being mean and judgemental but you should see these people.

I can't wait to move back into the city. :roll:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Enerchi|1373295598|3479041 said:
My farm sitting has picked up so much business I need to make it an official business!!! Any ideas on a name to get it registered under and make some cards with?

The Travelling Farmer

Farm away from home

"Dragonfly411 -
Now here's the 411 -
if you're going to vacay,
don't delay,
call Dragonfly,
on her you can rely
to take care of your farm
or your barn."

(copy by Pintobean from her hobbit hole of a cubicle...)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1373296046|3479045 said:

The Travelling Farmer

Farm away from home

"Dragonfly411 -
Now here's the 411 -
don't delay,
call Dragonfly,
on her you can rely
or your barn."

Love these enerchi and pinto!
Another:
Homestead helper

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
missy|1373296765|3479055 said:
PintoBean|1373296046|3479045 said:

The Travelling Farmer

Farm away from home

"Dragonfly411 -
Now here's the 411 -
don't delay,
call Dragonfly,
on her you can rely
or your barn."

Love these enerchi and pinto!
Another:
Homestead helper

HAHA so cute!!!!

I like the Travelling farmer, or Homestead Helper. I'm wondering if I shouldn't make a play on horses somehow?

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
With Homestead Helper
your hoses will "hurray"!
rather than "nay" :naughty:

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Pintobean - LOL so cute!

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
A few months ago I lost one of my gold hoops. I was really bummed but didn't want to spend the $$ at the time to replace them. Well, the whole family was in the mall and I had mentioned wanting to replace my hoops. We went to one jewelry store, small hoops were over a $100 :O I totally didn't want to spend that much. So I went into another store, got my cute little hoops for less than $50 with tax! :appl: :appl: As I was checking out the lady mentioned that I don't wear much and am more minimal :tongue: . Little does she know :Up_to_something: I'm saving for a Cartier Trinity (which I will TOTALLY get if I get a bonus this year!) :saint: , and plan to upgrade my studs and get a diamond bracelet. :D I thought of you guys while there. ;-)

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock
I'm still bummed. My Cartier Trinity is still MIA. The USPS tracked it as far as Bethpage NY then out for to the post office in NYC. Never got to Cartier. We have initiated a search and I have a good friend who has both a DH and FIL who work in supervisory positions in the USPS looking for it. The really really crappy part was the package was not insured. I was not paying attention to the guy at the PO and when I asked for insurance I said "I'm not sure if I want 1000, or 1100,he says, well we only insure up to 25,000, I laughed and said well I don't need that! He thought I meant I don't need any I guess and when I paid it didn't realize it should have been more. It was $9.50 should have been $11.00
i'm very sad

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cozystitches - good one! you fooled her AND got a gold hoop deal in the process!!

Elisateach --- NO WAY!! :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: I'm so sorry for you - I'm still hoping with all that can cross, it will turn up and be rectified. Too bad the guy at the counter was such a snot about things and got you distracted. Come on USPS --- find Elisateach's RING!!!

Dragonfly - "Old MacDonald Had a Farm ... And on Vacation he would Go!" (Ya, kinda long for a business name, but it sure gets that song running thru your head...!) :lol:

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Hmmm - Very heated discussion with family. Nearly 2 hrs later Nd one sleeping pill taken. Still awake.
Was feeling sad but now better. Still need to get sleep!!!!! Should I take the second one.... Will wait for another 30mins...

D

Deactivated member 42515

gregchang35 said:
Hmmm - Very heated discussion with family. Nearly 2 hrs later Nd one sleeping pill taken. Still awake.
Was feeling sad but now better. Still need to get sleep!!!!! Should I take the second one.... Will wait for another 30mins...
Greg! I made a thread asking you about your trip to Portland!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Elisa and Greg - I'm sorry you're having a hard time :(

Enerchi - that made me laugh!

Today is not a good day. That's all I really have energy left to say.

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
YT|1373472758|3480287 said:
gregchang35 said:
Greg! I made a thread asking you about your trip to Portland!

Hi there YT!!

You have a good memory- I have now posted on that thread.

I did not take the second pill. Yay to that! But now awake at 430am!!! Ugh!!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Ugh I'm stuck at home with another vomiting toddler. Life just keeps getting better. :((

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
SB621|1373488206|3480448 said:
Ugh I'm stuck at home with another vomiting toddler. Life just keeps getting better. :((

First, I am so sorry.

Second, "Another Vomiting Toddler" begs to be a blog. It's like the mommy answer to "The Honest Toddler."

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Remember how I was having crap headaches? Consider this a PSA, because after more than a month of pain, a lot of dr. visits, an MRI, and assorted other crap, I finally figured out what was causing them.

You ready for this? VITAMIN D. Which was prescribed by not one, but TWO doctors, because my levels were low. Apparently, for some people (ME), anything above 4000 IUD a day is just too much.

You have been warned. Me, I'm off to enjoy a wonderful, skullcap'o'pain-free evening of delightful work. YAY!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Circe|1373493805|3480534 said:
Remember how I was having crap headaches? Consider this a PSA, because after more than a month of pain, a lot of dr. visits, an MRI, and assorted other crap, I finally figured out what was causing them.

You ready for this? VITAMIN D. Which was prescribed by not one, but TWO doctors, because my levels were low. Apparently, for some people (ME), anything above 4000 IUD a day is just too much.

You have been warned. Me, I'm off to enjoy a wonderful, skullcap'o'pain-free evening of delightful work. YAY!
Geez, I am so happy that you found the cause. I was starting to get sympathy headaches reading about your pain. You had to endure so much and while you were put through the wringer via dr. visits & tests, I'm relieved that the cause was easily solved. Happy happy pain free days!!!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Circe|1373493518|3480525 said:
SB621|1373488206|3480448 said:

First, I am so sorry.

Second, "Another Vomiting Toddler" begs to be a blog. It's like the mommy answer to "The Honest Toddler."

LOL Circe if I didn't have horrific spellling and grammer errors as often as I do- or perhaps if I just cared more to fix them, then I probably would have a blog and you're right. That woudl be a most excellent name! Perhaps you could be a co-contributer?

Wow Vitamin D really??????? On that note I need to start taking a multi vitamin again.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

First of all I'm glad you have gotten to the bottom of this!

How interesting through--one of my closest friends suffers from debilitating cluster headaches and they have put him on a mega dose of Vitamin D. I will share this with him.

ClassyRocks

Brilliant_Rock

This is so weird! I am having terrible headaches (2 days) which leave me unable to do any meaningful work. I thought about researching your other thread to see how you resolved the headaches. I take vitamin D, but I have not been consistent on a daily basis, more like every other day or so. I'll pay closer attention now!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ClassyRocks|1373496670|3480608 said:

This is so weird! I am having terrible headaches (2 days) which leave me unable to do any meaningful work. I thought about researching your other thread to see how you resolved the headaches. I take vitamin D, but I have not been consistent on a daily basis, more like every other day or so. I'll pay closer attention now!

Wow, I did not know that could happen! I am glad you found this out Circe and glad you are headache free now!

Classy, I hope you experience relief very soon! Headaches suck. :((

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Damn auto-flush toilets at work! They always flush before I go, and then when I'm done, they won't flush automatically, so I'm pushing a button, ANYWAYS!

Picking up my new car on Saturday! Traded in a green Prius for a NEW green-ish-blue Prius. Thinking about naming the new Prius "Blue Ivy" to be cheeky. :razz:

I'm hoping Choco-berry Finn + Blue Ivy does not = mid-life crisis :errrr:

My baby cat can now come when called, "go to your spot" during meal times (albeit stopping a little short of her spot lately), sit on command, and shake hands!! I am the PROUDEST furbaby mama :appl: My other cat probably thinks her sister is silly because she gets her cookies without having to sit, shake hands, or do any other silly tricks.

My SIL called me up crying yesterday, wanting advisement. Although my heart broke to hear her crying, it also swelled with pride because this was the first time she's turned to me on her own volition - it makes me feel like an accepted, included and valued member of the family! :praise:

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
My knees have become better at predicting the weather than most weather forecasters. I'm only 27 and I can tell you 100% without a doubt when it will rain. Can we say arthritic old hag?

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think that's a sell point for your business, dragonfly411! Investing in dragonfly results in a return on investment with the water bill - no drowning of flowers, unnecessary watering because of your forecasting knees!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Bahahahahaah!!!! There's a catch to that though, when it rains every day it kills people's outdoor fish :( I found that out last week. Too bad the knees can't predict a week in advance so I can say no to jobs that include fish on rainy weeks. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results