color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

ClassyRocks

Brilliant_Rock
Niel|1372350119|3473217 said:
dragonfly411 said:
Niel
Happy Birthday to your little girl, but I'm SO sorry about the loss of your dog. They are family. ::hugs::

Thanks. I only moved out completely about a year or two ago, and we had him for about 12 years. He was an old dog and made it a long time for being so big. He was a golden/chow mix. Sweetest dog you've ever met but very intimidating at 120 lbs. I'm having a pretty hard time with it.

I am so sorry Niel. Losing a furry loved one is so wretching. I grieved for over a year; I am crying as I type this. Sorry . . .

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SB621|1372364465|3473349 said:
And yes I did put on my old set of glasses and my old prescription won't work. It is very blurry when I look through that lens now. I will either have to deal with it- with the possibility of the headaches/ eye aches going away or just wear the glasses.

I was thinking more about just a cheap drugstore pair of reading glasses that would correct your near vision...

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Niel, I'm sorry you lost your furry buddy - he looked to be so sweet! What a face on him!! such a sweetheart - but you have 12 wonderful years of memories (but that still doesn't fill the hole in your heart...) So sorry for your loss....

MominStyle - my DH has this phrase he repeats whenever I want to save a few bucks... "you get what you pay for" and boy, do I hear it on repeat/repeat/repeat, if I end up cheaping out on something!! Tell your friends ->suck it up - spend the $75 and stay at a better hotel!! :lol:

ClassyRocks

Brilliant_Rock
natyLad|1372448928|3473887 said:
My mom's amazing sapphire ring and her daughter's bad pictures!
The sapphire is approximately 7 cts and the diamonds are more than one and a half carat. Set in 18kt yellow gold, with white gold prongs. The size of the ring is 5 (a little bigger than my size, 4.75).
She gave it to me for cleaning and then she said that i can keep it and play with it for a while if i wish, yay! :D

That is an amazing sapphire! I think you need a loooooong time to play with it! :naughty: Thank you for sharing!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes indeed, I agree w ClassyRocks - you *NEED* to hold onto this for safe keeping cuz it would just be too risky to send it back to your mom!!

Its a gorgeous sapphire and I love how it looks on your hand - lucky lady!!!

(not to spoil the moment, but have you spoken with your MD yet? I've been thinking about you... hoping things improve soon)

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's now 104 in the shade, approaching 110 in the sun. :knockout:

I think I'll stay in the shade!

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
VRBeauty|1372457366|3473984 said:
It's now 104 in the shade, approaching 110 in the sun. :knockout:

I think I'll stay in the shade!

Forget the shade, join me in the AC!!! This is the time of the year when I question my choice of living in the desert...oh so hot in the summer, I must remember that monsoons are coming.... :D

SB621

Ideal_Rock
VRBeauty|1372452963|3473934 said:
And yes I did put on my old set of glasses and my old prescription won't work. It is very blurry when I look through that lens now. I will either have to deal with it- with the possibility of the headaches/ eye aches going away or just wear the glasses.

I was thinking more about just a cheap drugstore pair of reading glasses that would correct your near vision...

Sorry VRB- that didn't even occur to me :o But that is a great idea! I'm off to CVS!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel, I just saw your post - I am so very sorry, and very sad, about the loss of your precious doggie. He was beautiful and looks like he was the sweetest thing ever. :(sad Big big hugs.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SB621|1372528386|3474368 said:
VRBeauty|1372452963|3473934 said:

Sorry VRB- that didn't even occur to me :o But that is a great idea! I'm off to CVS!

SB, do you need the glasses lenses for both eyes or just one? If it's only one and you're just going to wear them at home when you're working, pop out the lense you don't need so you don't "correct" the other eye, which will cause a different kind of headache.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's 103 today and I was hot and cranky so I ate a pint of Ben & Jerry's All But the Kitchen Sink. The grocery store cashier assured me that all calories had been removed by the manufacturer prior to shipping. I believed her. :saint: :lickout:

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Matata|1372553544|3474541 said:
It's 103 today and I was hot and cranky so I ate a pint of Ben & Jerry's All But the Kitchen Sink. The grocery store cashier assured me that all calories had been removed by the manufacturer prior to shipping. I believed her. :saint: :lickout:

mmm Ben and Jerry's; we no longer have B&J's. It was 106 yesterday, but today only 100, (thank goodness). 103 is too HOT Matata, what state are you in?

I heard PHX and Las Vegas were 118 today. :knockout:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Skippy|1372553888|3474543 said:
[103 is too HOT Matata, what state are you in?I heard PHX and Las Vegas were 118 today. :knockout:
I'm in southern Oregon. We're supposed to be in the low 100s for the next couple of weeks.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
junebug17 said:
Niel, I just saw your post - I am so very sorry, and very sad, about the loss of your precious doggie. He was beautiful and looks like he was the sweetest thing ever. :(sad Big big hugs.

Thanks junebug and everyone else
Its amazing how hard loosing a furry loved one is .... he really was the sweetest buddy you ever met.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

Ya - pretty sure that's the truth. I'd believe her too. I mean, she works in the store, she must KNOW, right??? :wink2:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We have new houseguests!
We've been watching the nest for a couple of weeks and today DH saw more movement than expected ::)

30june2013.png

ClassyRocks

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Yssie, I love the picture! We had baby robins outside our kitchen window last month. We watched the whole progression; it was the best entertainment! We felt like they were are babies!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ClassyRocks|1372637169|3475012 said:
Oh Yssie, I love the picture! We had baby robins outside our kitchen window last month. We watched the whole progression; it was the best entertainment! We felt like they were are babies!

It really is fantastically entertaining! We check it every day on the way out to work and we get home - it'll be fun watching them grow up :bigsmile:

Are they robins? Awesome, thank you for telling me!! I've been trying to figure out what they are!

ClassyRocks

Brilliant_Rock
I do think they are Robins . . . they look the same as our lil' guys did! You will be amazed at how fast they grow. The last week that they were in the nest, the Momma and Daddy fed them constantly. The babies got so large that we were afraid one would fall out of the nest which is above our concrete/stone patio. So, we bought about ten large bags of garden dirt to line up under the nest so that there would be a soft landing!

Now, we have a nest of Finches (we aren't certain) on my husband's grill! They made a nest in the tray where you can put your grilling tools. So, of course we aren't grilling right now. My husband has been debating about purchasing a small grill to use while we anxiously await the new babies! :wavey:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ClassyRocks|1372638466|3475027 said:
I do think they are Robins . . . they look the same as our lil' guys did! You will be amazed at how fast they grow. The last week that they were in the nest, the Momma and Daddy fed them constantly. The babies got so large that we were afraid one would fall out of the nest which is above our concrete/stone patio. So, we bought about ten large bags of garden dirt to line up under the nest so that there would be a soft landing!

Now, we have a nest of Finches (we aren't certain) on my husband's grill! They made a nest in the tray where you can put your grilling tools. So, of course we aren't grilling right now. My husband has been debating about purchasing a small grill to use while we anxiously await the new babies! :wavey:

Google Images has lots of photos of baby robins and they look exactly right, Thank you for ID'ing them for us Classy! I had expected the eggs to hatch one at a time so three babies appearing overnight was a bit of a surprise :))

Ah, that's a good point! The nest has been there since we moved in two years ago, and this is the first Spring we've seen anything actually using it. It is a bit precariously perched, now that I look again - I think we'll be copying you and lining the path in a couple of weeks...

I'm smiling imagining finches nesting in your grill ::) And just in time for July 4th, too!! :bigsmile:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
oooh Yssie! They are so precious!!!! Thank you for sharing your pics with us...my heart is melting! :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Enerchi|1372567627|3474631 said:

Ya - pretty sure that's the truth. I'd believe her too. I mean, she works in the store, she must KNOW, right??? :wink2:

Thank for this info... :cheeky: I am off to devour a pint (or 2 I mean no calories so yeah!) of Heathbar Crunch...hmmm do they still make that flavor? Best flavor ever (IMO)!!! :lickout:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

ClassyRocks

Brilliant_Rock

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock
I'm so so so angry sad annoyed right now I can hardly type this. My new to me Cartier trinity is lost in the netherworld of the USPS!!! GRRRRR.
I shipped it out on the 22nd from a satellite PO. I got a bad vibe from the moron behind the counter, but it was almost noon on a Saturday and they were the only one still open. It was due in NYC on June 25th.
It was sent it certified ( insured I thought) when I checked on line it made it to Bethpage, NY on the 24th out for delivery by the 25th. No one has seen it, signed for it or anything. According to the USPS, it's out for delivery???? Upon closer inspection of. My receipt IT WAS NOT SENT INSURED! My bad for not double checking before I left. I asked for the service where it is tracked at all locations, locked up until it is out to be delivered. He looked at me like I was nuts then said oh yeah I know what you mean. I specifically remember saying 1500. For coverage.
The people at Cartier are very sweet and promise to call the minute it shows up. I'm still holding on to hope.
Lots of PS dust on this one please.....
On a side note... This is scary. I called the PO and gave the number for tracking. After the phone call I tried calling the local PO , a completely different number, local to me, to see if I could get any answers when the system on their end answered it asked was I calling about tracking number , 1000..... It had the correct number!!!!!!
WTF???? Big brother is indeed tracking our calls.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
:shock: Elisateach!!! I'd be flaming angry and annoyed and panicked and a whole slew of other emotions, as well!! :angryfire:

The thing is, we trust the system and 98% of the time it works... its the other 2% that messes up and usually messes up BIG TIME - I am sending you a blast of Canadian DUST that you are still in that 98% and it will be found, shipped safely to Cartier and return all re rhodium plated to your waiting hands!!

But a big "YES" to dealing with moron's behind the counter... 'they walk among us'... yet another candidate for a Darwin award?? Just sayin'!

DUST DUST DUST to you....

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
I just want to share that I found out today (finally) that I passed my board exams!!!!! I am officially a pharmacist!!!!! Bring on the bling :naughty: :naughty: :twirl: :bigsmile:

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats...Pandabee!! That's awesome

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
pandabee|1372735352|3475807 said:
I just want to share that I found out today (finally) that I passed my board exams!!!!! I am officially a pharmacist!!!!! Bring on the bling :naughty: :naughty: :twirl: :bigsmile:

:appl: :appl: :appl:

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Just wanted to let everyone know that we had experienced server issues and we think that the issues are resolved.

Sorry for any inconvenience and hope all are having a great day!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results