carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
natyLad|1372221617|3472484 said:
A big Thank You to the wonderful people of the community, who are always so nice and helpful...I'm trying to prepare myself to make the big step and seek help. As many said, it's the most difficult part. Mostly, i'm afraid that if i take any medication, i might feel sleepy and tired during the day and i won't be able to cope with all my obligations. Plus, i'm thinking that i need to really try to make it with consultation, before i take medication. My brother has gone through an extremely serious depression problem in the past and he had been taking medication for approximately a year (he has been fine for many years now, thank God). I remember how bad he felt, physically, during the time that he was on medication and i realize that with a very demanding job, two children and a husband, i don't have the luxury of feeling like this all the time. I guess, a doctor will be able to answer all my questions and that's why i need to go see one as soon as possible...

I've got to run but saw your posts as I was catching up this morning before school.

I took medications for depression and anxiety for several (5?) years. The doctor is supposed to work with you to find what works for YOUR body. Most of the time, I had no problems with any tiredness or anything like that. There was only one antidepressant that did that to me and they switched me as soon as they realized.

One thing that would have really helped would have been if someone was watching me a bit closer. The doctor didn't see my tiredness because I only went in every couple of weeks and always seemed okay. He didn't know that I was sleeping for 16 hours a day and super out of it because I was so out of it that I didn't realize myself.
BUT all of the others (especially once they found the right combination for me) actually made me feel like I had more energy because I wasn't dealing with the all day depression feelings.

Anyway, I'm not saying that medication solved everything and is right for everyone. Just don't be afraid to work with your doctor if you need it for a bit.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Just another person chiming In to say that medication doesn't necessarily have bad side effects, and can work before you've spent time in therapy. The one my doc put me on was Wellbutrin. I literally felt better the next day. Of course, the therapy that helped me with the underlying causes over the course of the next years was crucial ... but how nice it was not to be a weeping mess in the meantime.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
natyLad|1372181278|3472099 said:
My 2 year old baby is screaming and crying all the time, usually without any obvious reason...She has a hard time sleeping too. I'm trying to be patient but i feel frustrated all the time. VERY frustrated. And all this psychological pressure is causing fights between me and my husband... :(sad I'm afraid i'm getting depressed...

Has her 2 year old molures (sp?) coming in? My DS had a really hard time when they came in...it was very painful so he did a lot of the same as your DD. We didn't know because they were so far back we couldn't see them.

EDIT- ok I see I'm coming to the party late and it looks things are better...hopefully! As a mother of a 35 month old and a 19 month old I truly feel for you. Nothing is more frustrating and emotionally draining then stuff like this happening. No advise just big hugs!!!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I just came across a ring shaped like a naked lady wrapped around the finger.

Okay, odd.

She has the original bedazzled va-jay-jay - what looks like a decent-sized trillion (though I REFUSE to spend time poring over it to be sure).

I ... just ... what? Who designed this? Who wore it? WHERE did they wear it? What kind of reactions did they get? SO. MANY. QUESTIONS.

Here is the link: depending on your workplace, NSFW. http://www.rubylane.com/item/530807-v3/Antique-silver-ring-nude-woman

Kelinas

Shiny_Rock
We picked our first watermelon!!!
just a hair under 20lbs!

5gg5.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Circe|1372254798|3472610 said:

Okay, odd.

She has the original bedazzled va-jay-jay - what looks like a decent-sized trillion (though I REFUSE to spend time poring over it to be sure).

I ... just ... what? Who designed this? Who wore it? WHERE did they wear it? What kind of reactions did they get? SO. MANY. QUESTIONS.

Here is the link: depending on your workplace, NSFW. http://www.rubylane.com/item/530807-v3/Antique-silver-ring-nude-woman

5-10 yrs ago Carrera y Carrera had a line of jewelry very similar to that (although I never saw a bejeweled one.)

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Kismet|1372265470|3472680 said:
Circe|1372254798|3472610 said:

Okay, odd.

5-10 yrs ago Carrera y Carrera had a line of jewelry very similar to that (although I never saw a bejeweled one.)

well the ruby nipples are interesting...and Circe to funny! We must be two peas in a pod because my first thought was- I would LOVE to meet the person who bought and wore this? What was their life like that they could pull this off? Etc etc!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cost accounting makes me want to puke.

Seriously. I don't give half a rat's a$$ about the efficiency rate varience, nor can I figure out how to accurately calcuate this particular number.

Having said that, I'm sure 90% of my test on Monday will focus on that specific topic.

Fvch.

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock
My DH's ex MIL has worn a ring in yellow gold of a naked woman straddling her finger for the last 20 years or so. She is a wee bit prudish and works for NSA. I so don't get it. Anywho, when I saw this she came to mind. However, her and her entire family are really strange when I think about it. When I was PG with my now five year old, I was having pain. Her older sister comes over to me in the middle of the Christmas party chanting and sprinkling nothing over my stomach. She started acting like she was pulling something out of my body. It was all just bazaar. Needless to say we don't visit often.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dell laptop is taking its last gasp so I bought a MacBook Pro today. I'm looking forward to getting back into the mac environment. I hope I feel the same way in a couple of days. I wasn't interested in learning Windows 8 although I went thru a short tutorial at the computer store today and it didn't look as daunting as some people have told me.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now that I'm home and on my own computer I just had to click on that link. She looks like she's GIVING BIRTH to that diamond. Wow.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
This is more of a whiney post so I apologize in advance.

Had my 1 week post opt from lasik. Left eye which was -2 is now seeing 20/20- yay!!!! HOWEVER. left eye which was -1.75 is now -.75 the doctor doesn't think it will improve further. So I have to have ANOTHER Lasik procedure in 3 months- BOO!!!! Meanwhile not being able to see 20/20 out of both eyes is giving me a terrible headache especially when I'm on the computer, which is all I do for my day job....so beyond frustrating I want to pull my hair out :angryfire: . I can't wear contacts at all so I will need to get glasses and have the new prescription put in for just my right eye. I just really want to scream colorful obscenities for a while till I feel better. :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire:

D

Deactivated member 42515

SB621 said:

Had my 1 week post opt from lasik. Left eye which was -2 is now seeing 20/20- yay!!!! HOWEVER. left eye which was -1.75 is now -.75 the doctor doesn't think it will improve further. So I have to have ANOTHER Lasik procedure in 3 months- BOO!!!! Meanwhile not being able to see 20/20 out of both eyes is giving me a terrible headache especially when I'm on the computer, which is all I do for my day job....so beyond frustrating I want to pull my hair out :angryfire: . I can't wear contacts at all so I will need to get glasses and have the new prescription put in for just my right eye. I just really want to scream colorful obscenities for a while till I feel better. :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire:
Ugh.... Fellow bad eye sight person here so I know how you feel!!!! That is so annoying!!!!

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
SB621|1372299068|3472951 said:

:errrr: :errrr: :errrr:

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'm very sorry that you're going through this. I had lasik operation on both my eyes three weeks ago. My doctor explained to me from the beggining that he will fix my left eye (which had -2.50 myopia and -1 astigmatism) to see 20/20 but that he will leave -0.50 on my right eye (which was -3.75 myopia and -1.50 astigmatism) so that when presbyopia kicks in, i won't be needing glasses (i'm 39 years old now and presbyopia might come any time soon). So that's what he did and now i have .50 on my right eye but i don't have any problem seeing very well (i mean, VERY well) and no headaches in front of the computer. Actually, according to what my doctor said, even with -0.75 on one eye (which he left on purpose at his own daughter's eye, for the same reason that he did to me too), if the vision on the other eye is perfect, you're supposed to have excellent vision and be able to drive and go through will all your everyday activities without glasses and definitely no headaches. I don't understand why are these things happening to you :(
I totally understand what you're going through because such thoughts of something not going well had kept me for so long from having the operation and improving my quality of life. Please keep us posted on your news. I'm really interested and i wish you all the best!

ETA: I'm still thinking about this and it seems so wrong to me. I would advise you to go to another doctor and have your vision checked. Could it be that there's some other problem and he's not telling you? There is no way that a -.75 on one eye could be able to make a person experience such headaches and not be able to see well without glasses. I hope i'm not upsetting you...I really wish to help.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
natyLad|1372306665|3473030 said:

I'm very sorry that you're going through this. I had lasik operation on both my eyes three weeks ago. My doctor explained to me from the beggining that he will fix my left eye (which had -2.50 myopia and -1 astigmatism) to see 20/20 but that he will leave -0.50 on my right eye (which was -3.75 myopia and -1.50 astigmatism) so that when presbyopia kicks in, i won't be needing glasses (i'm 39 years old now and presbyopia might come any time soon). So that's what he did and now i have .50 on my right eye but i don't have any problem seeing very well (i mean, VERY well) and no headaches in front of the computer. Actually, according to what my doctor said, even with -0.75 on one eye (which he left on purpose at his own daughter's eye, for the same reason that he did to me too), if the vision on the other eye is perfect, you're supposed to have excellent vision and be able to drive and go through will all your everyday activities without glasses and definitely no headaches. I don't understand why are these things happening to you :(
I totally understand what you're going through because such thoughts of something not going well had kept me for so long from having the operation and improving my quality of life. Please keep us posted on your news. I'm really interested and i wish you all the best!

ETA: I'm still thinking about this and it seems so wrong to me. I would advise you to go to another doctor and have your vision checked. Could it be that there's some other problem and he's not telling you? There is no way that a -.75 on one eye could be able to make a person experience such headaches and not be able to see well without glasses. I hope i'm not upsetting you...I really wish to help.

Hi Sarah and Naty, just wanted to add my opinion here.

Sarah, I'm sorry you are having some problems with your results right now. Hopefully in a few months things will stabilize and you will be pleased with your final result but if not a corrective procedure most likely will get you right back to good comfortable vision.

Naty, it really depends on the individual. Some people will have no problem with a .5 diopter power difference b/w the 2 eyes whereas others might be way more sensitive to the difference. Our binocular system (the way our 2 eyes work together) can be a very sensitive one and is specific to the individual. Some people do very well with the difference for their presbyopia correction (it's called monovision where one eye is corrected for distance and the other for near) and others will not be able to tolerate it at all.

Sarah, the good news is it can be fixed if you need to go in for another procedure but I would just get the glasses you need for now and see what happens as in 3 months things can change. And if you have any doubt a second opinion as Naty suggests wouldn't hurt. Good luck and sending healing vibes your way!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
missy|1372325467|3473082 said:

Sarah, I'm sorry you are having some problems with your results right now. Hopefully in a few months things will stabilize and you will be pleased with your final result but if not a corrective procedure most likely will get you right back to good comfortable vision.

Naty, it really depends on the individual. Some people will have no problem with a .5 diopter power difference b/w the 2 eyes whereas others might be way more sensitive to the difference. Our binocular system (the way our 2 eyes work together) can be a very sensitive one and is specific to the individual. Some people do very well with the difference for their presbyopia correction (it's called monovision where one eye is corrected for distance and the other for near) and others will not be able to tolerate it at all.

Sarah, the good news is it can be fixed if you need to go in for another procedure but I would just get the glasses you need for now and see what happens as in 3 months things can change. And if you have any doubt a second opinion as Naty suggests wouldn't hurt. Good luck and sending healing vibes your way!

Thank you Missy for your opinion! I understand these things happen and my doctor is being very nice. I just hate wearing glasses especially in the summer months. Plus the headaches are really starting to get to me. They should obviously stop when I get my new glasses.

Missy do you see a problem with re-doing Lasik in 3 months? My doctor said it was fine but the 2nd opinion person (who is just an eye doctor doesn't do lasik) said to wait t least 6 months. Any thoughts? We are moving in 6 months so I was hoping to do it again sooner rather then later so I can do my follow up here.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
SB, I'm really sorry you're having headaches - it's *so* unpleasant, particularly when there's not much you can do about it.

My husband's first Lasik surgery left him with really dreadful night vision and ghosting/haloing, which was a danger for night driving, so he did a follow-up which improved matters significantly. He says he's really glad he did it, now, but I remember how frustrating the period between surgeries was. I'll be sending lots and lots of lucky PS dust your way.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Circe|1372339703|3473128 said:
SB, I'm really sorry you're having headaches - it's *so* unpleasant, particularly when there's not much you can do about it.

My husband's first Lasik surgery left him with really dreadful night vision and ghosting/haloing, which was a danger for night driving, so he did a follow-up which improved matters significantly. He says he's really glad he did it, now, but I remember how frustrating the period between surgeries was. I'll be sending lots and lots of lucky PS dust your way.

Thanks Circe! Do you remember how long your DH waited between surgerys?

My real frustration is with the kiddos! They get out of daycare and after a day of headache I just feel on edge which they don't deserve when they are having their mommie time. Not that anything is going wrong. Just me more laying down with my eye closed vs. going outside to watch them play.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SB621|1372337266|3473103 said:
missy|1372325467|3473082 said:

Thank you Missy for your opinion! I understand these things happen and my doctor is being very nice. I just hate wearing glasses especially in the summer months. Plus the headaches are really starting to get to me. They should obviously stop when I get my new glasses.

Missy do you see a problem with re-doing Lasik in 3 months? My doctor said it was fine but the 2nd opinion person (who is just an eye doctor doesn't do lasik) said to wait t least 6 months. Any thoughts? We are moving in 6 months so I was hoping to do it again sooner rather then later so I can do my follow up here.

Sarah, it really depends but being conservative I prefer 6 months. Perhaps you can compromise and do it in 4-5 months and that way you can still have your doctor do the follow ups. Also, let me know where you are moving and I will see if I can make any recommendations for a good doctor in case of the need.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
SB621|1372340101|3473130 said:
Circe|1372339703|3473128 said:

Thanks Circe! Do you remember how long your DH waited between surgerys?

My real frustration is with the kiddos! They get out of daycare and after a day of headache I just feel on edge which they don't deserve when they are having their mommie time. Not that anything is going wrong. Just me more laying down with my eye closed vs. going outside to watch them play.

I don't remember off the top of my head, but I think he might have waited as long as a year - he kept hoping it would resolve itself. But my memory can be unreliable, so I'll ask him just to be sure.

And, I know what you mean. The other day when I had a bad one and a friend was over and the baby was being rambunctuos, and my friend said, "Not now, honey, Mommy has a headache," and all I could think of was the stereotypical histrionic hypochondriac mother out of Victorian lit. NOT the model we emulate! On the plus side, 3-6 months, and you're back to YOU. On the downside ... 3-6 months. Does the doc think there's any chance your eyes could acclimate so it's at least not-as-bad before the surgery?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So my daughter turned one yesterday.
My childhood family dog died today....

Some good and bad in there. :???:

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Niel
Happy Birthday to your little girl, but I'm SO sorry about the loss of your dog. They are family. ::hugs::

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dragonfly411 said:
Niel
Happy Birthday to your little girl, but I'm SO sorry about the loss of your dog. They are family. ::hugs::

Thanks. I only moved out completely about a year or two ago, and we had him for about 12 years. He was an old dog and made it a long time for being so big. He was a golden/chow mix. Sweetest dog you've ever met but very intimidating at 120 lbs. I'm having a pretty hard time with it.

uploadfromtaptalk1372350094065.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1372350103696.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1372350115735.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel, I'm so sorry about the loss of your sweet dog. He was beautiful. Big hugs to you and your family. You gave him a good life and he knew he was loved and cherished.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel - what a handsome fellow! I'm sorry for your loss.

Sarah: I'm also surprised that your doctor would recommend surgery so quickly. I know that my eyesight continued to improve for several months after my lasik surgery, and issues like night vision halos also took a month or two to resolve themselves. I'm not saying your eyesight will get to the point where you wouldn't need follow-up surgery, just that you might still see improvement without it.

FWIW my eyes were deliberately corrected to monovision - one eye is tuned for long-distance viewing, one for near-distance viewing - because I didn't want to deal with even reading glasses. I had also worn bifocal contact lenses though, so I knew that I was a good candidate for this kind of "unbalanced" vision. My doctor did mention that not everyone is able to adjust to it. Before you invest in a pair of corrective glasses for just computer use, have you tried using reading glasses... with just one lense? It might get you through the next few months before the next surgery.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
VRBeauty|1372361453|3473330 said:
Niel - what a handsome fellow! I'm sorry for your loss.

Sarah: I'm also surprised that your doctor would recommend surgery so quickly. I know that my eyesight continued to improve for several months after my lasik surgery, and issues like night vision halos also took a month or two to resolve themselves. I'm not saying your eyesight will get to the point where you wouldn't need follow-up surgery, just that you might still see improvement without it.

FWIW my eyes were deliberately corrected to monovision - one eye is tuned for long-distance viewing, one for near-distance viewing - because I didn't want to deal with even reading glasses. I had also worn bifocal contact lenses though, so I knew that I was a good candidate for this kind of "unbalanced" vision. My doctor did mention that not everyone is able to adjust to it. Before you invest in a pair of corrective glasses for just computer use, have you tried using reading glasses... with just one lense? It might get you through the next few months before the next surgery.

hey VRB- she said the discrepancies with what I have now won't correct to 20/20. The gap is too large. It still might be better but won't be 20/20. However she said that was probably the case. We are doing an appointment in 2 weeks and then another in 1 month. At my final 3 month appointment we will decide about the 2nd surgery. Besides my right eye being off- everything else is great. No halo etc etc etc. I'm amazed at how much better I see. But the small discrepancy is definitely driving the headaches and I almost feel like my right eye is achy from me "overworking" it trying to have it make up for itself.

And yes I did put on my old set of glasses and my old prescription won't work. It is very blurry when I look through that lens now. I will either have to deal with it- with the possibility of the headaches/ eye aches going away or just wear the glasses.

Neil so sorry about your dog! She looked like such a sweetheart!

MomInstyle

Shiny_Rock

I had my lasik surgery done 8/9 wks ago too and I still don't have 20/20 vision for both eyes and Dr. did tell me that prior. I have 20/20 on right, but on 15/20? for left eye. When he did the left one, it was really hurt and even 3-4 wks post surgery, I still experience a short pain 2x/3x per day for like a few secs. Now I am in 8/9 wks, the pain issue has not occurred and it more stabilized. Although both eyes are not 20/20, I am so happy that I have it done.

I am sorry that you experience discomfort and hope that you feel and see better.

MomInstyle

Shiny_Rock
I just gotta to vent.

I am planning and going to a girls trip. All of these girls having $10K per handbag and their rocks are as big as my eyeball and I have to wear sunnies for the rest of their blings. Hotel occomondation is plitting in 4 ppl, they want to stay cheap hotels just to save $75 each person. I don't GET IT! I just don't get it. Don't get me wrong, I am frugal and I do save coupon too. It's a vacation, nice and comfort should take into consideration!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My mom's amazing sapphire ring and her daughter's bad pictures!
The sapphire is approximately 7 cts and the diamonds are more than one and a half carat. Set in 18kt yellow gold, with white gold prongs. The size of the ring is 5 (a little bigger than my size, 4.75).
She gave it to me for cleaning and then she said that i can keep it and play with it for a while if i wish, yay! :D

dscn0444.jpg

dscn0447.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results