shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Today I get to leave work a little early to go meet my friend's babies! I'm so excited. She had twins and they came 6 weeks early, so they're in the NICU, growing steadily and being very well taken care of, but I got invited to come meet them while they're in there. I can't say it anywhere else, because my friend is understandably limiting the number of people that see them before they come home, but I can say it here! I get to meet (and maybe cuddle!) the two most special little babies and spend time with a friend I adore.

The only tough part is, man, they're making it hard to be excited about moving.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Psst... I have no one to share with in the "real world" without getting mostly negative judgment. :errrr:

To reward myself for paying off my 10 year student loans in 2.5 years, I've had (and about to have) major splurges!

2 Saturdays ago, I bought myself my second LV - a damier azur Salina PM. My LV monogram Estrela needed a friend :naughty:

and... On Saturday, I finally got to see a pinkish brown diamond that I've been lusting over for the longest time. It's big enough to combat any DSS, and it's got COLOR which makes my heart sing! DH doesn't understand how or why these little "stones" make my heart sing, or why I need another purse when there's a closet full, but he loves it when something makes his wife bubble over with pleasure, so he is being very cute and supportive. I have till Tuesday to make a decision on the diamond, but I've already e-mailed them "YES YES YES!" I'm planning on setting it in a 6-prong rose gold Stuller setting.

OK - I feel better now that I've shared with the CYBER world! :appl:

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
PintoBean|1372093957|3471390 said:
Psst... I have no one to share with in the "real world" without getting mostly negative judgment. :errrr:

To reward myself for paying off my 10 year student loans in 2.5 years, I've had (and about to have) major splurges!

2 Saturdays ago, I bought myself my second LV - a damier azur Salina PM. My LV monogram Estrela needed a friend :naughty:

and... On Saturday, I finally got to see a pinkish brown diamond that I've been lusting over for the longest time. It's big enough to combat any DSS, and it's got COLOR which makes my heart sing! DH doesn't understand how or why these little "stones" make my heart sing, or why I need another purse when there's a closet full, but he loves it when something makes his wife bubble over with pleasure, so he is being very cute and supportive. I have till Tuesday to make a decision on the diamond, but I've already e-mailed them "YES YES YES!" I'm planning on setting it in a 6-prong rose gold Stuller setting.

No judgment. You deserve it! :appl:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

You goooooooo gurl!!! Carpe diem. No regrets, eff the negative judgmental people (maybe if they effed more often they wouldn't be so judgmental). Cannot wait to see pics of the diamond and the LV. You gotta post pics of the LV too.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm all alone with a killer bottle of Cabernet and an intense craving for pasta. I can hear the pasta whispering to me from the pantry and the parmesan cheese is softly crooning to me from the fridge. Cannot.resist.the.urge.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Finally made the time to go to Masterpiece London this year. I've been meaning to go but never had the time even though I live a stones throw away.

http://www.masterpiecefair.com/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=1

They have the most unbelievable jewellery. Hubs will be salivating over the cars and boats. We'll both be unable to afford to buy anything but by god, there will be some major ogling!!

Totally worth it if you're ever down my end. I'll see if I can get some pics for PS!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matata|1372118276|3471660 said:
I'm all alone with a killer bottle of Cabernet and an intense craving for pasta. I can hear the pasta whispering to me from the pantry and the parmesan cheese is softly crooning to me from the fridge. Cannot.resist.the.urge.

Which cab???? :bigsmile:

ClassyRocks

Brilliant_Rock

Hi PintoBean,

I completely understand the LV thrill! I have several purses and a few pieces of the luggage. :oops: I love the quality and durability of the brand! I can't wait to see your diamond!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1372034828|3471092 said:
Sharon, I am thinking of you and hoping that everyone in Calgary is staying safe. Keeping everyone in my thoughts and prayers.

Missy:

Thank you very much. The story of our city is one of devastation--you having lived this kind of event know exactly of what I speak. We are grateful the rain has stopped and the rivers receding, but now the story is of clean up.

Our government had dedicated--if I read the headlines correctly--1 billion dollars for recovery. And yet, this has little meaning for those struggling with having lost everything in the floods. I really cannot imagine. It is truly surreal.

Our city core is a bit of a ghost town--where many of the Oil and Gas companies head offices reside, and City Government, etc--and it is eerie. As my DH is employed in Oil and Gas, he is at home since no one is allowed into buildings until they are "sound" to return to. Same applies to businesses in the flooded areas near to the river. People are just now being allowed to return to their homes in previously evacuated areas.

Fortunately none of the City Hospitals were affected (my work), but High River Hospital was evacuated since that town was extremely hard hit.

Our city has a great volunteer spirit--and the capital city in our Province (Edmonton) has been great with lending first line recovery workers. Today the mayor asked for 600 volunteers and 7,000 showed up. Yay Calgary peeps!

Again Missy, thank you for your concern. Hard to believe these natural disasters can have such a life changing effect--since it is just "water", KWIM?

cheers--Sharon

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jim Croce's "Operator" came on the radio just as I was pulling into the garage, and I found myself glued to the car seat. Pop song perfection!

Sharon - I'm glad your home wasn't (I gather) directly affected by the flooding. Stay safe!

justginger

Ideal_Rock
:appl: I've finished my first semester back at uni! :appl:

Exams were last week and I think they all went well. One was administered by the instructor himself instead of through the official exam center, so he's already posted results. Biochemistry -- managed to pull a 100% on the final exam, giving me a 97.7% in the class overall. Exceptionally pleased, but I don't expect my other classes to be quite so rosy. :wink2: I have to wait another 2-3 weeks for those results to be posted.

One semester down, only another 5 to go. :bigsmile:

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
Great result justginger. As a matter of interest did you find combining study with work made the study easier or harder. My daughter is doing her honours year in English Literature this year and with only about 5 months to go, she's taken on a quite heavy part time job. I think she must know she can do it.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Justginger -- Good for you!!! I'm always so impressed by your amazing grades!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VRBeauty|1372133934|3471835 said:
Jim Croce's "Operator" came on the radio just as I was pulling into the garage, and I found myself glued to the car seat. Pop song perfection!

Sharon - I'm glad your home wasn't (I gather) directly affected by the flooding. Stay safe!

HI VRB:

That is my all time fav JC song! Thanks for your kind note--we were not directly affected by the flooding this time--but in 2005 we were and our unplanned basement remodel included a sump pump. During the horrendous rains last week, it worked FT for a week straight!

cheers--Sharon

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rosetta, Matata, ClassyRocks - thank you for your sweet words!

Here she is - she's gonna be MINE!!! I think I'm going to name her choco-berry finn :naughty:
http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/10593/

Matata - your "pasta whispering" had my rolling in my hobbit hole (cubicle) at work! (I love sneaking in some "personal" PS time when I need a pick-me-up!)

and a special "you go girl!" to Justginger :appl:

SB621

Ideal_Rock
YAY diamond twin aka JustGinger!!!!! Go out and celebrate girl!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My 2 year old baby is screaming and crying all the time, usually without any obvious reason...She has a hard time sleeping too. I'm trying to be patient but i feel frustrated all the time. VERY frustrated. And all this psychological pressure is causing fights between me and my husband... :(sad I'm afraid i'm getting depressed...

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
natyLad|1372181278|3472099 said:
My 2 year old baby is screaming and crying all the time, usually without any obvious reason...She has a hard time sleeping too. I'm trying to be patient but i feel frustrated all the time. VERY frustrated. And all this psychological pressure is causing fights between me and my husband... :(sad I'm afraid i'm getting depressed...

Oh, Naty, I'm so sorry to hear that. Does your pediatrician have any idea at all what could be going on? And, for that matter, if it's affecting you to the point of depression, do you think it might be worth seeing *your* doctor to ask about what your options might be in terms of medicine?

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Circe|1372181532|3472102 said:

Oh, Naty, I'm so sorry to hear that. Does your pediatrician have any idea at all what could be going on? And, for that matter, if it's affecting you to the point of depression, do you think it might be worth seeing *your* doctor to ask about what your options might be in terms of medicine?

Oh, Circe, thank you so much for answering so quickly...The baby has been suffering due to teething for sooo many months now and i admit that she must be experiencing a lot of pain, which obviously makes her nervous and irritated but the teachers at her school are saying that she behaves very well and they have no problem whatsoever with her :shock: plus, we have a babysitter who takes care of her every Saturday night for three-four hours and she also claims that the baby behaves very well when she is with her...BUT...when she is with me and DH, she does every crazy thing that you can imagine :???: She does similar things when she stays for a few hours with my parents but not to that extent. I figured, she is very young but also very smart and she knows that the other people, no matter how well they treat her, they aren't her parents and they won't put up with her bad behaviour, but her parents who show her so much love all the time, will be with her and continue loving her no matter what she does! DH says that i'm crazy and that the "poor baby" is too young to be able to make such distinctions...hmm...i disagree...
As far as my problem of depression is concerned, i believe that indeed i need to see a doctor and check whether i will be diagnosed with it or not. Regardless of the diagnosis, the doctor will be able to help me and either give me medication or advice on how to deal with the situation and my feelings. I need to convince myself to do that, because even DH doesn't understand me and i feel kind of lonely on this issue. He thinks that there are so many people with many children out there who have no problem dealing with the challenge and we have no right to complain about one baby...He's so wrong...

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Huggs to you, naty. I'm glad you're recognizing the possibility of depression. Now, please do something about those feelings - talk to a trusted friend, see your doctor, or enlist family or friends to give you a break... don't try to just soldier on, and don't allow the frustration/depression to get to any worse!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
natyLad|1372182487|3472111 said:
Circe|1372181532|3472102 said:

Oh, Circe, thank you so much for answering so quickly...The baby has been suffering due to teething for sooo many months now and i admit that she must be experiencing a lot of pain, which obviously makes her nervous and irritated but the teachers at her school are saying that she behaves very well and they have no problem whatsoever with her :shock: plus, we have a babysitter who takes care of her every Saturday night for three-four hours and she also claims that the baby behaves very well when she is with her...BUT...when she is with me and DH, she does every crazy thing that you can imagine :???: She does similar things when she stays for a few hours with my parents but not to that extent. I figured, she is very young but also very smart and she knows that the other people, no matter how well they treat her, they aren't her parents and they won't put up with her bad behaviour, but her parents who show her so much love all the time, will be with her and continue loving her no matter what she does! DH says that i'm crazy and that the "poor baby" is too young to be able to make such distinctions...hmm...i disagree...
As far as my problem of depression is concerned, i believe that indeed i need to see a doctor and check whether i will be diagnosed with it or not. Regardless of the diagnosis, the doctor will be able to help me and either give me medication or advice on how to deal with the situation and my feelings. I need to convince myself to do that, because even DH doesn't understand me and i feel kind of lonely on this issue. He thinks that there are so many people with many children out there who have no problem dealing with the challenge and we have no right to complain about one baby...He's so wrong...

For what it's worth, I think you're completely right about kids being able to understand what they can get away with, and with whom, from a very early age. My baby is a little younger - 19 months - and has also been teething for what feels like FOREVER, and though he's generally like a little ray of sunshine, when he's having particularly bad pain? He snarls, he shrieks, he slaps with his little baby fists (more, I think, because he's gotten the idea that we don't like it and say NO! than because he wants to do damage, I think ... I suspect they don't really understand the concept of inflicting pain on others at that age). And he will do it more with some people than with others, no doubt. If they're clever enough to figure out how to get into everything and operate complicated machinery, they can figure out where the limits lie with their grown-ups.

And I ALSO think you're completely right about needing to see a doc, regardless of what your husband thinks. I had dreadful anxiety issues at one point, and the difference between being unmedicated and getting some help was the difference between night and day. It honestly felt like getting "me" back instead of this crazy-brain that couldn't stop worrying. Did I have the worst problems in the world at the time? No ... but that doesn't mean that I couldn't use some help. Everything's relative, y'know?

Bottom line: the happier you are, the happier that baby will be, and vice versa. I think this is a good time for your DH to get that "happy wife, happy life" thing tattoed somewhere so he doesn't forget!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
natyLad said:

Oh NatyLad I'm so sorry to hear this. Please take care of yourself. I pray that this phase passes quickly! (For what it's worth I feel like I've had a few really tough patches with my two little ones and right when I thought I couldn't handle anymore things changed. I hope you find the same relief.)

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
PintoBean said:
Rosetta, Matata, ClassyRocks - thank you for your sweet words!

Here she is - she's gonna be MINE!!! I think I'm going to name her choco-berry finn :naughty:
http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/10593/

Matata - your "pasta whispering" had my rolling in my hobbit hole (cubicle) at work! (I love sneaking in some "personal" PS time when I need a pick-me-up!)

and a special "you go girl!" to Justginger :appl:

Hot damn!!!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Natylad - get to your GP and have a VERY Frank and open discussion with him/her about all you are going thru. Depression is serious business and you are TOO important a person to let yourself just fly under the radar with this. GO!! In my nursing experience, the hardest part is the first step of reaching out for help. People feel like they are weak or feel 'labelled' if they find they are not managing to the best of their abilities and that is usually the thing that stops them from moving forward on a healthy path - being trapped in a whole lotta 'shoulds & shouldn'ts' . Your DH doesn't get it for whatever reason, but don't let that stop you. If your GP puts you on an anti depressant it will probably take about 2 weeks or so to get to what I call a "cruising altitude", where you'll begin to feel semi human and feel like there is light at the end of the tunnel. By week 4, you'll be amazed at the change in you and wonder "why did I take so long to get going on this?"

I love what Circe wrote - of course, Circe always says the perfect thing! - but with perspective, as you feel better, you'll see a change in your baby too. What worked in the past, doesn't always work the next time, the next day or with the next child. If only those little bundles of joy came with a manual, right???

I wish you strength as you go thru this but just know we are all here for you - post any time - we are all happy to support you along your journey!!

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock
Little people are way smarter than we could even imagine. As newborns they figured the whole if I cry people come running thing out. Teething is such a crazy time and the whole thought of being parents and not being able to help them is stressful in itself. I gotta say you are so ahead of the game by just saying how you feel. So many people are in denial or even ashamed by it and they really shouldn't be. I was is so many car accidents about 10 years ago, with the worst one totaling my car. When I looked at my sons empty car seat full of glass I fainted at the scene. After that, I had anxiety attacks whenever I had to drive anywhere and I wouldn't drive my baby anywhere. I ended up taking some medication help call elavil and it really helped. I did get over my fear and I got off the meds shortly after. I would definitely talk to your doctor because many things can help. I have seen success with acupuncture and meditation. There are many alternatives to meds to try nowadays. I do wish you the best and hopefully it all gets better for you soon. ~d

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock
I am glad they fixed tapatalk :)

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A big Thank You to the wonderful people of the community, who are always so nice and helpful...I'm trying to prepare myself to make the big step and seek help. As many said, it's the most difficult part. Mostly, i'm afraid that if i take any medication, i might feel sleepy and tired during the day and i won't be able to cope with all my obligations. Plus, i'm thinking that i need to really try to make it with consultation, before i take medication. My brother has gone through an extremely serious depression problem in the past and he had been taking medication for approximately a year (he has been fine for many years now, thank God). I remember how bad he felt, physically, during the time that he was on medication and i realize that with a very demanding job, two children and a husband, i don't have the luxury of feeling like this all the time. I guess, a doctor will be able to answer all my questions and that's why i need to go see one as soon as possible...

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
natyLad|1372221617|3472484 said:
A big Thank You to the wonderful people of the community, who are always so nice and helpful...I'm trying to prepare myself to make the big step and seek help. As many said, it's the most difficult part. Mostly, i'm afraid that if i take any medication, i might feel sleepy and tired during the day and i won't be able to cope with all my obligations. Plus, i'm thinking that i need to really try to make it with consultation, before i take medication. My brother has gone through an extremely serious depression problem in the past and he had been taking medication for approximately a year (he has been fine for many years now, thank God). I remember how bad he felt, physically, during the time that he was on medication and i realize that with a very demanding job, two children and a husband, i don't have the luxury of feeling like this all the time. I guess, a doctor will be able to answer all my questions and that's why i need to go see one as soon as possible...

I'm glad you're thinking seriously about seeking help. aa few tings -

1) There are many different types of anti-depressents. My experience is that there is no grogginess or dulling of senses or reaction times involved. There are some other possible side-effects, particularly with the older medicines. But... there are so many options now that you and your doctor should be able to find one that works for you without serious side effects - if you and your doctor decide this is the way to go. It's also possible that it will turn out that an anti-anxiety medication or some other route may be the best way to go.

2) I hear you about consultation vs medication... and it's possible that a support group, one-on-one time with a trained counselor, etc. will really help you. BUT... Don't discount the possibility of using medication to help you get out of the hole you're in now as you explore these other avenues. You have your health to think about and a baby to care for - don't let perfectionism get in the way of effective treatment.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending you lots of positive thoughts, energy and big (((hugs))) NatyLad!!! I hope you find much needed relief soon!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results