clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1368150801|3443750 said:
canuk-gal|1368149592|3443723 said:
Dee*Jay|1368148908|3443712 said:
Because if she really needs the money she earns from her job with us I feel sick about firing her. I don't know what to do. Lying is a huge deal to me. It's not the scratch and mess I am so upset about. That was mildly aggravating. It's her behavior when I called her to discuss it.

Thanks DeeJay. I wish I knew how to *fix* this situation because people matter more than things but I just don't know what the right or best thing is to do here.

I would also have a huge issue with the lying. My housekeeper has broken a few things and we agreed early on that the cost to replace/repair any damage she did would come from her wages. If you like this person's work and want to give her a 2nd chance, have a frank talk and tell her lying will not be tolerated and work out a way to be remunerated for future damages.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay|1368148749|3443710 said:
Matata|1368147274|3443700 said:
white pants + cellulite = :-o

What a timely post! I went to an inspection today with a client and as I was walking down the street I saw here and though, "White pants before Memorial Day--my grandmother would be HORRIFIED" And in addition to the seasonally inappropriate attire there was some cellulite going on there. Reinforced my decision to never buy white pants and wear them in ANY season.

I saw someone today who was wearing not-quite-opaque white pants.

All I can say is, Memorial Day was the last thing on my mind. I was just grateful that she was wearing honest-to-goodness real panties! :lol:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll admit it, I'm watching Wipe Out.

And while I won't actually admit to enjoying it... I haven't changed the channel yet!

(it really is awful though! :lol: )

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
VRBeauty|1368157013|3443846 said:
I'll admit it, I'm watching Wipe Out.

And while I won't actually admit to enjoying it... I haven't changed the channel yet!

(it really is awful though! :lol: )

LOVE wipeout!!!! And so glad Jill is back! What's her face that's married to Nick Lache was horrible!

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
missy|1368149269|3443719 said:
Missy, how could she have thought you wouldn't notice this though? Is there ANY possibility that the cough syrup was spilled in some other way (e.g., could a kitty have knocked over the bottle... ?)?

No because the cough syrup was put back with the cap on. She must have moved it while dusting (my dh keeps it on his dresser) and somehow spilled it and recapped it. It wasn't just on one spot either. Plus the cats aren't allowed in our bedroom. Weird. I feel badly because maybe she's not back 100% health wise like she kept saying she was and if she hadn't kept denying the whole thing I would have been OK. And the scratched floor is no easy fix. We had scratched it near the front door about 9 years ago while having a treadmill delivered and after numerous fixes you can still make the color difference out. That darn iroko.

Aw missy, I'm so sorry about this! It's hard when you're employing someone that really needs it, but I also absolutely cannot stand when someone lies. Especially when it's clear that they lied! If it were me, I would let her go. Unless you're a millionaire and things like spending a load on fixing the floor that's not a normal kind of floor would be out of the question for me. Maybe you could give her like a bonus and time to find another job if that'd make you feel any better, but it really sounds like you need someone you can trust. it's your home. You don't got to her home and gauge her floor and spill cough syrup all over her bedroom. Just saying. Good luck with your decision! I'm really sorry about your floors, that really sucks!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matata|1368151437|3443767 said:
missy|1368150801|3443750 said:
canuk-gal|1368149592|3443723 said:
Because if she really needs the money she earns from her job with us I feel sick about firing her. I don't know what to do. Lying is a huge deal to me. It's not the scratch and mess I am so upset about. That was mildly aggravating. It's her behavior when I called her to discuss it.

Thanks DeeJay. I wish I knew how to *fix* this situation because people matter more than things but I just don't know what the right or best thing is to do here.

I would also have a huge issue with the lying. My housekeeper has broken a few things and we agreed early on that the cost to replace/repair any damage she did would come from her wages. If you like this person's work and want to give her a 2nd chance, have a frank talk and tell her lying will not be tolerated and work out a way to be remunerated for future damages.

Thanks Matata. I don't care too much about a few broken pieces here or there. What's really bothering me (besides the lying that is) is that she would drag a chair across our floor. That seems for lack of a better word uncaring.

04diamond<3 said:
missy|1368149269|3443719 said:
Missy, how could she have thought you wouldn't notice this though? Is there ANY possibility that the cough syrup was spilled in some other way (e.g., could a kitty have knocked over the bottle... ?)?

No because the cough syrup was put back with the cap on. She must have moved it while dusting (my dh keeps it on his dresser) and somehow spilled it and recapped it. It wasn't just on one spot either. Plus the cats aren't allowed in our bedroom. Weird. I feel badly because maybe she's not back 100% health wise like she kept saying she was and if she hadn't kept denying the whole thing I would have been OK. And the scratched floor is no easy fix. We had scratched it near the front door about 9 years ago while having a treadmill delivered and after numerous fixes you can still make the color difference out. That darn iroko.

Aw missy, I'm so sorry about this! It's hard when you're employing someone that really needs it, but I also absolutely cannot stand when someone lies. Especially when it's clear that they lied! If it were me, I would let her go. Unless you're a millionaire and things like spending a load on fixing the floor that's not a normal kind of floor would be out of the question for me. Maybe you could give her like a bonus and time to find another job if that'd make you feel any better, but it really sounds like you need someone you can trust. it's your home. You don't got to her home and gauge her floor and spill cough syrup all over her bedroom. Just saying. Good luck with your decision! I'm really sorry about your floors, that really sucks!

Thanks 04diamond. I told my dh last night that if he wanted to call her and try to clear things up I would be open to having her come back (mainly because I feel badly about firing someone who needs the money) but I have a feeling he's not going to call her since he doesn't think our job is critical to her financial well being so we just might start fresh and look for someone else for our NY apt.

I do wish she would call me though so we could clear the air because I don't like leaving things like this. The fact that she is not fluent in english and I am not fluent in spanish makes it difficult to have a good conversation. Having her 12 year old daughter translate is just not the same thing as talking with her directly. 2 years of spanish in college and then not using it much afterwards just isn't enough for me to have a heart to heart with her darn it. :((

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay|1368150611|3443744 said:
Matata|1368149336|3443721 said:
Dee*Jay|1368148749|3443710 said:
Matata|1368147274|3443700 said:
white pants + cellulite = :-o

What a timely post! I went to an inspection today with a client and as I was walking down the street I saw here and though, "White pants before Memorial Day--my grandmother would be HORRIFIED" And in addition to the seasonally inappropriate attire there was some cellulite going on there. Reinforced my decision to never buy white pants and wear them in ANY season.

All who gazed upon me when I exited the dressing room were smitten with blindness. Whose effing idea was it to put 360 degree mirrors in dressing areas? Had to be a masochist. I've decided to go to the Vegas GTG wearing only full body Spanx...in black. I figure I can dress up the look by wearing a lot of diamonds and no one will be the wiser.

I am sure you are being FAR too hard on yourself!!! But the idea of blinding onlookers with bling is OK in my book!

LOL that would be quite the sight! And I'm sure you will look gorgeous Matata!
As DeeJay wrote I think you are being way too hard on yourself! I wish I could be there at the GTG to give you a big hug and tell you how beautiful you are!!!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1368184958|3443972 said:
I wish I could be there at the GTG to give you a big hug and tell you how beautiful you are!!!

You're sweet but, trust me on this, maybe if you were really really really really really drunk and the room was pitch black, you might tell me I'm beautiful; otherwise, I'm just "meh." Oh, and I figured out what's wrong with my knees, they used to be my hips. Gravity is a *itch :bigsmile:

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Matata|1368210656|3444324 said:
I wish I could be there at the GTG to give you a big hug and tell you how beautiful you are!!!

You're sweet but, trust me on this, maybe if you were really really really really really drunk and the room was pitch black, you might tell me I'm beautiful; otherwise, I'm just "meh." Oh, and I figured out what's wrong with my knees, they used to be my hips. Gravity is a *itch :bigsmile:

Ditto that but I will be at the GTG in Vegas so we can rub our black spandex together as we seal clap for bling!

On that note- I just found out today I can't wear contacts anymore :(( I have been looking into doing Lasik for years but never gotten around to it. To be honest I'm a little scared of a laser in my eye. :sick: Anyhow the eye doctor said glasses or Lasik so surgery is scheduled in just over a month.

Kelinas

Shiny_Rock
Two words to describe that god has a twisted, cruel sense of humor:

love.bugs

Tired of washing my car everyday! My FIL told me to spray the front with Pam, we shall see shortly if it helps.

I know I know, first world problems. But still.
On a jewelry note, I found out 2 days ago that my engagement ring was defective. Apparently, the prongs were all messed up and I almost lost both side stones.
So a 100$ later, all problem prongs are fixed and the ring is shiny new :D

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hips hell... mine used to be my tits!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dee*Jay|1368276002|3444841 said:

Hips hell... mine used to be my tits!

Lmao!! Too funny!! I think I'm gonna hang w Matata in the dark , surrounded by drunks and look stunning!! I agree w your love of gravity.....mother nature is cruel sometimes...

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dear Clogged Plumbing,

You suck. You suck. You suck. You are ruining my Mother's Day.

No love,
Me

Dear DH,

No I don't want to tell you what it is that I was expecting. You should know, I've TOLD you before.

Grumpy,
me

D

Deactivated member 42515

Cozystitches said:
Dear Clogged Plumbing,

You suck. You suck. You suck. You are ruining my Mother's Day.

No love,
Me

Dear DH,

No I don't want to tell you what it is that I was expecting. You should know, I've TOLD you before.

Grumpy,
me
He still hasn't gotten you your ring???

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
YT|1368375279|3445510 said:
Cozystitches said:
Dear DH,

Grumpy,
me
He still hasn't gotten you your ring???

No he has not. :nono: ;( :nono: ;( Am hoping for a bonus this year, and if I get one I'm taking ALL of it and hopefully that will pay for the majority of my ring.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am wearing the worst pair of pantyhose ever--and the b!tch of it is I just took them out of the package this morning. They make an indentation in my saddlebags where the control top torture area ends and they have NO elastic in the waistband at all. If the crotch of these things isn't down around my knees by lunchtime it will be a miracle.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay|1368631798|3447366 said:
I am wearing the worst pair of pantyhose ever--and the b!tch of it is I just took them out of the package this morning. They make an indentation in my saddlebags where the control top torture area ends and they have NO elastic in the waistband at all. If the crotch of these things isn't down around my knees by lunchtime it will be a miracle.

Ugh, that sucks Dee Jay. :(( I'm sorry! And this is why I never wear pantyhose. I hate it. It's a torture device IMO. :knockout:

D

Deactivated member 42515

Deejay!!! I hate those kinds of pantyhose!! I haven't worn any since maybe 10 years ago, so you would think they would have fixed those darn things by now to make them stay on your dang waist!!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just peeked at your photos -- you are such a lovely bride! And what a clever idea with the theater marquee (sp?) and the posters!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
We have a rabbit warren! I feel like I have Watership Down in my backyard! Last night there were five, there is one very large, and four that are medium sized. We've seen one or two at a time before, but FIVE! They were all hopping around. We've been putting out slightly browned lettuce and last night put out alfalfa cubes for them. we have a large backyard (2.6 acres owned total), with a little oak wooded area (the oaks all have branches that reach to the ground to create a sort of domed wooded area) and they seem to live in there. So excited!!!!

LibbyLA

Brilliant_Rock
Earlier this afternoon, I got to watch a pod of four or five pygmy killer whales playing off the bow of the boat I'm on in the Gulf of Mexico! I've been on a research cruise with some former students of mine since Saturday and as we were leaving one site, these whales showed up and played around the bow of the boat as we left. They hung around probably 10-15 minutes; I got crazy video that lasts over 8 minutes.

liz

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why is it incredibly (extra) stressful right before a vacation and right after you return from the vacation? Isn't the purpose of the vacation to be in a relaxed state? Being stressed before and prior seems to defeat this very purpose. On top of that, vacations are not inexpensive, well, at least not where I am going.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Distracts -- Beautiful!!! Your wedding looks like it was amazing. I love how happy you and your husband look together :love:

Libby -- Sounds like an awesome experience!

DF -- Rabbits! Watching them grown and hop around your yard is so cool! My mom had an acre so we got to do some animal watching. Loved it! I miss it now that I'm in more of a city.... and have dogs :nono:

So sad!!
As I mentioned to DF, I LOVE watching animal families. They are so cute and just great to have around.
Well.... we've got a family of rabbits in our backyard. It isn't a big yard (lot is like 1/3 acre total) and it is fenced. With all the dogs in the neighborhood, we've seen the occasional rabbit but they stick to front yards... usually.
I first found out about the family when I heard a noise and looked out the window to see our 30 pound dog running through the yard with a baby rabbit in her mouth :nono: :nono: She was a good girl and came to me with it when called, but by then the damage was done ;(
Kept her out of the yard for a few days to give the mama rabbit time to get them moved then carefully supervised our dog to make sure they were gone. All was great for about two days. I looked out the window this evening and saw our little dog (same as last time) rolling in the grass. Looked cute until I realized she was rolling ON something. It was another poor baby rabbit ;( :nono:

Our vet isn't concerned (since we just had her in a week ago to be checked after chasing a rat...) and told me not to worry about it unless I see any signs of parasites. So I'm not too worried about her getting sick. I just want her to leave those poor rabbits alone! They are welcome to our front yard!

Weekend project is clearing out weeds in the backyard and pruning all bushes and trees. Hopefully we can convince mama bunny to get herself and any more babies to a safer spot.

Kelinas

Shiny_Rock
TooPatient|1368770925|3448806 said:
I looked out the window this evening and saw our little dog (same as last time) rolling in the grass. Looked cute until I realized she was rolling ON something. It was another poor baby rabbit ;( :nono:
I know it's not funny... But I lol'd when I read this.

We are currently living on 5 acres and we have a bunch of rabbits on the property. Awesome to see one...until my prey driven dog goes into hyperdrive chasing it.
But she reminds me of the coyote and the rabbits are the roadrunners.
She hasn't been able to catch one yet though, luckily :D

She has managed to catch a few snakes though - non poisonous. She will play with them until she realizes that they aren't moving :/

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
3.5 more days!!! Today the 8th graders have graduation practice (means I probably won't see them), Monday is Field Day in the afternoon, Tuesday is 8th graduation (meaning I won't see any classes), and Wednesday is a half day with assemblies and last day of school! OH MY GOODNESS I"M SO READY!!!! :D :D :D

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You all can come to my yard and take those pesky rabbits away. :lol: There are families of those everywhere in my neighbourhood and even made a home under my shed. They eat all my plants and flowers, especially the iris and tulips but daffodils are left alone.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I spent 5 hours in the ER with my toddler to find out he has a bruised hip.

Today daycare won't let me drop him off because he is limping a little (mind you still running all over the place and doctor at ER says he is fine and to not baby the hip). Too add to everything I'm already out of vacation and sick days so he is home with me and I'm paying our babysitting almost $100 for the day to watch him....I'm going to drown my sorrows in Thai take out for everyone.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results