shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Princess so excited for you for Scotland. I went back in 2002/ 2003 and loved it!!
Do you still have any interest in getting together at Elaine Miller's shop?

As for me I just booked a quick get away with DH for his 30th which actually isn't until next winter but we plan on moving right afterwards. So I planned a quick cruise to the Bahamas in the Fall. I'm hoping it will be the calm before the moving storm starts up. :D

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much, Junebug, TooPatient, iLander, and Jane! I'm a nervous wreck right now, and I keep laughing hysterically to myself (nervous habit!). I'm going over interview questions and rehearsing what I want to say, and I keep breaking out into hysterics. I'm glad at home by myself right now because it's a little embarrassing. :cheeky:

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Goooooooooooooooooooooooooo Zoe!!!!!!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Circe|1367375081|3437907 said:
A completely random thing: I want women to stop apologizing for irrelevant shit.

Dear students at my prestigious women's studies college: stop apologizing every time you talk. "I could be wrong" and "it's just my opinion..." are not appropriate bookends for academic discourse. TELL ME the last time you saw a dude do that.

Dear posters on every message board I frequent (not just here): PLEASE STOP preemptively hating yourselves. Stop apologizing for the ridiculous minutia that nobody would ever care about if you didn't draw attention to it in some weird self-effacing display of how efficiently you have internalized patriarchy. Nobody cares about your finger wrinkles, your knuckle hair, your canckles, your long labia, your short frenulum ... NONE of it.

The only purpose that it serves is to make other women self-conscious about theirs, whatever the possessive may refer to. And, frankly, if you want to make other women feel bad, pardon the expression, but be a MAN about it and say that, btw, while YOU obsess about your fat nail beds (or whatever) and therefore care for them properly, you would now like to challenge other ladies to do likewise. DO NOT be passive-aggressive about it.

Also, Mom? If you try to give me unasked for advice on the grandson you never visit ONE MORE TIME, because God forbid I have a thing i'm not at fault for, I swear, I will scream fit to bring the house down.

Much as I hate patriarchy, I hate what it does to the ladies more. Argh, argh, argh, screw you, etc.

I will now return you to your regularly scheduled programming and drink some decaf.

Yes yes yes yes yes!!!!!!!

This drives me nuts. Also, people talking about dieting CONSTANTLY. You know what? I've never once heard a guy talk IN DETAIL about this new fad diet that they're trying to lose 7lbs by next week because they have to be in a swimsuit. It's boring. It's not even offensive, it's just dreadfully boring and it's a way to let people know that at least I know that there's something wrong and I have to fix it, what are you doing??? and that is the most bullshit oneupsmanship ever.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Princesss!

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A completely random thing: I want women to stop apologizing for irrelevant shit.

Dear students at my prestigious women's studies college: stop apologizing every time you talk. "I could be wrong" and "it's just my opinion..." are not appropriate bookends for academic discourse. TELL ME the last time you saw a dude do that.

Dear posters on every message board I frequent (not just here): PLEASE STOP preemptively hating yourselves. Stop apologizing for the ridiculous minutia that nobody would ever care about if you didn't draw attention to it in some weird self-effacing display of how efficiently you have internalized patriarchy. Nobody cares about your finger wrinkles, your knuckle hair, your canckles, your long labia, your short frenulum ... NONE of it.

The only purpose that it serves is to make other women self-conscious about theirs, whatever the possessive may refer to. And, frankly, if you want to make other women feel bad, pardon the expression, but be a MAN about it and say that, btw, while YOU obsess about your fat nail beds (or whatever) and therefore care for them properly, you would now like to challenge other ladies to do likewise. DO NOT be passive-aggressive about it.

Also, Mom? If you try to give me unasked for advice on the grandson you never visit ONE MORE TIME, because God forbid I have a thing i'm not at fault for, I swear, I will scream fit to bring the house down.

Much as I hate patriarchy, I hate what it does to the ladies more. Argh, argh, argh, screw you, etc.

I will now return you to your regularly scheduled programming and drink some decaf.

Like.
Couldn't agree with you more.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Sarahbear621 said:
Princess so excited for you for Scotland. I went back in 2002/ 2003 and loved it!!
Do you still have any interest in getting together at Elaine Miller's shop?

As for me I just booked a quick get away with DH for his 30th which actually isn't until next winter but we plan on moving right afterwards. So I planned a quick cruise to the Bahamas in the Fall. I'm hoping it will be the calm before the moving storm starts up. :D

Please tell me it's wasn't in September, particularly the second weekend of September.

I've lived close (close in terms of storm measurements anyway) to the Bahamas almost my entire life, and the second weekend of September has terrible weather. I set my calendar with that in mind, and I have only been wrong once.

October, however, is stunningly beautiful. :appl:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
princesss said:

Yes yes yes yes yes!!!!!!!

This drives me nuts. Also, people talking about dieting CONSTANTLY. You know what? I've never once heard a guy talk IN DETAIL about this new fad diet that they're trying to lose 7lbs by next week because they have to be in a swimsuit. It's boring. It's not even offensive, it's just dreadfully boring and it's a way to let people know that at least I know that there's something wrong and I have to fix it, what are you doing??? and that is the most bullshit oneupsmanship ever.

You guys would love me, I've never done any of this nonsense. And my DD doesn't either.

Is that stuff what you call "being superficial"? Or what? What the hell is their problem? Do they have low self-esteem, an externalized sense of self, or what?

But then again, if women told me these things, I would never assume they're talking about me in a back-handed way. Am I dense or are you guys self-centered? :) There, I said it, and I was a Man about it. :bigsmile: Not trying to make you mad (and realizing that this is a thinky, analyzing audience, able to question their own motivations), just wondering why you're applying it to yourself. It's their cankle fetish, not yours, who cares what they say?

OR have people been hinting about my cankles for my whole life and I missed it? Seriously, is this something women actually do? :confused: Was I supposed to be offended during all those diet conversations? :confused:

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oh, I doubt any of it is conscious on the part of the individual women - but I do think that encouraging female rivalry is great for the patriarchy. Women aren't agitating for equality when they're jealously eyeballing one another's salads and proclaiming their virtue in denying themselves croutons.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We were driving home from dance class last night and started to smell something strange. FI said "tear gas" and I was a little skeptical because what would tear gas be doing on the freeway :confused:

May Day.

Looked at the news on my cell phone because there were also police helicopters and our mouths were starting to burn. Turns out is was May Day stuff turned violent. The police had used tear gas and little balls filled with pepper spray to get the violent crowd under control and then dispersed.

I don't want to find out what tear gas and pepper spray is like up close! :knockout:
Even where the small amounts that go into the car while we were driving by on the freeway (not sitting in traffic) was enough to leave our mouths burning. Got home and had to wash hands/faces and netti pot to try to get rid of the unpleasant stuff.

Kelinas

Shiny_Rock
It's not fair that my 10 year old cousin has thicker hair than me. I wish I could go back to my pre-Topiramate days; this is BS. :knockout:

To cut my hair or not; to get bangs or not.
Either way, this is no bueno and depressive.

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
Bangs! Do it!! :)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
manderz|1367542031|3439140 said:

OMG, I couldn't agree more! I just love bangs!!! I started growing mine out last spring and man I miss them! But, I needed a change and was curious how I would look without them and now my dh prefers the no bangs look (for now I'll humor him :cheeky: ). But I miss the edginess of the blunt bangs I had. Now I sort of feel more generic if that makes any sense. ::)

TP, what an awful experience. :knockout: Glad you guys are OK!

Kelinas

Shiny_Rock
But since my hair is SO thin, I'm afraid it'll look like I have bald spots?
Currently my hair comes past my b00bs, and tied in a pony tail, is the diameter of a dime.
So I braid my hair after I shower, and when it's dry, I undo it and I get curly hair that gives everyone the illusion of thick hair.

God I feel like crying, to me hair is something that symbolizes femininity.

Ugh! Screw chronic migraines!!!!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kelinas|1367544108|3439168 said:
Currently my hair comes past my b00bs, and tied in a pony tail, is the diameter of a dime.
So I braid my hair after I shower, and when it's dry, I undo it and I get curly hair that gives everyone the illusion of thick hair.

Aww, Kelinas, I'm sorry. I understand how you are feeling.My hair is very fine (thin!) as well but because it's curly that does help make it look thicker. When I used to blow it straight if I put it in a ponytail it had a very small diameter pony also. If it helps at all when I had bangs even though my hair is so fine it still looked good without any bald spots. I don't know as everyone prefers different things but to me bangs add a special style/look to a hairstyle and frames the face in such a lovely way. Depending on your facial structures ofc but there are so many different types of bangs you can get. Since your hair is fine I wouldn't suggest long ones. Shorter ones will look thicker. I had short blunt ones. I am glad there are meds that help your migraines. I will do almost anything to avoid pain. (((HUGS))) to you-please don't feel so down.

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
What about long, sweepy side bangs? You wouldn't need to use as much hair, they don't require as frequent upkeep as the full on facial fringe, and you still get the fun new perk of something different without being too drastic.

I just recently cut my own long sweepy side bangs. It's a fin change from the regular, every day look.I have hair about as long as you, and not drastically thicker. Actually, my hair is quite thin, there's just a lot of it.

ETA: I just suggested the exact opposite of Missy! What I think I would do, is try longer ones, and then if you aren't really a fan, just get them cut a bit shorter. They'll grow quickly, either way.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
manderz|1367544565|3439178 said:
What about long, sweepy side bangs? You wouldn't need to use as much hair, they don't require as frequent upkeep as the full on facial fringe, and you still get the fun new perk of something different without being too drastic.

I just recently cut my own long sweepy side bangs. It's a fin change from the regular, every day look.I have hair about as long as you, and not drastically thicker. Actually, my hair is quite thin, there's just a lot of it.

Great suggestion Manderz. Side swept bangs would look lovely with fine hair!

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Just jump on the hair bandwagon: Am looking at getting my hair permed on Saturday. :errrr: Am scared, its been a while since I had a perm (like 20+ years) and I am concerned...

Kelinas

Shiny_Rock
missy|1367544560|3439177 said:
Kelinas|1367544108|3439168 said:

Aww, Kelinas, I'm sorry. I understand how you are feeling.My hair is very fine (thin!) as well but because it's curly that does help make it look thicker. When I used to blow it straight if I put it in a ponytail it had a very small diameter pony also. If it helps at all when I had bangs even though my hair is so fine it still looked good without any bald spots. I don't know as everyone prefers different things but to me bangs add a special style/look to a hairstyle and frames the face in such a lovely way. Depending on your facial structures ofc but there are so many different types of bangs you can get. Since your hair is fine I wouldn't suggest long ones. Shorter ones will look thicker. I had short blunt ones. I am glad there are meds that help your migraines. I will do almost anything to avoid pain. (((HUGS))) to you-please don't feel so down.

My neurologist had me on abortive pills, nasal spray, and now I have a needle free shot injector. Needle free def doesn't mean pain free- it hurts as much as the migraine itself. Since I had 20 migraines a month, they started me on a preventative that either thins your hair or makes hair fall out. And that's just the minor side effect.

I think on Monday I will get a trim and "sesame leaf" bangs aka side swept.
My husband is just deathly terrified that ill drastically cut it all off.

Men :/

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
HAHA! Hubs gets like that. He also gets mad when my hair ends up in laundry, and other weird places, and tells me to shave it off. We then play a silly game of chicken, where I tell him to bring me the razor. Long story short, I still have long hair! :lol:

Kelinas

Shiny_Rock
Omg yes!!
Between me and our long haired spitz mixed dog, my husband goes crazy!

Then we play the "fine ill cut it all off" game and he tells me to go ahead. So one time I cut my mid back length hair to my ear XD
Now, we still game but after a bit, he will ask how short I meant!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What is it with men and long hair? :roll:
Kelinas, I hope your treatment brings you much needed relief with a minimum of side effects!

Kelinas

Shiny_Rock
missy|1367545596|3439200 said:
Kelinas, I hope your treatment brings you much needed relief with a minimum of side effects!

Thank you. I'm going against the recommendation of my neurologist and weaning myself off this medication.
I'm going the Botox route, but can't till this med is out of my system!

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
Kelinas|1367545785|3439205 said:
missy|1367545596|3439200 said:

Thank you. I'm going against the recommendation of my neurologist and weaning myself off this medication.
I'm going the Botox route, but can't till this med is out of my system!

OO, my brother's girlfriend did this. She gets migraines that are so bad, she can't even wash her hair because it hurts her too much. I don't recall how it worked out for her, though.

Kelinas

Shiny_Rock
I've done it once before, out of pocket since my insurance didn't want to pay for it.
I got a total of 88 injections all over my scalp and neck.
It works, just better for some than others.
For me, my migraine count went from 20 a month to 6-7.

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
Kelinas|1367547436|3439254 said:
I've done it once before, out of pocket since my insurance didn't want to pay for it.

Wow. The thought of that many shots just gives me the heeby jeebies. I'm sorry you suffer so much from this. I hope that you can find something that helps! I don't think my brother's gf had as much as you did, I believe she had some on her forehead.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm all :D at work today. I think my phone interview went very well yesterday. The prospective company sounds interested in me. They indicated that the low end of the position's salary is X, and X is about 15% less than my current base so I think that it's a good starting point for negotiations (if they come to fruition ;-)). I'm hoping that they like me enough to eventually make me an offer. Request for lots and lots of magical PS dust!

In the meantime, I've got to look more :evil: and :(sad and ;( at work or else the people around me at work will start getting suspicious!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I'm freezing. In FL. In May. That is all.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kelinas|1367547436|3439254 said:

HI:

I will do the same in June for relief from the pain associated with post herptic neuralgia (had shingles in my face last year....and now I have neuralgia...)...hoping my DH's insurance will cover it... I won't need it in the back of my head or neck, but otherwise the injection pattern is similar to migraine sufferers...

Having head pain is miserable, isn't it? :(sad

cheers--Sharon

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good luck, PintoBean! I hope it works out for you.

I had 2 interviews this week, one just a while ago, and I think the second one went very well. I already found out that I didn't get the first. That's okay. I'll be on pins and needles until I hear back about this other one.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results