carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okie_girl|1365432381|3422584 said:
justginger, I got together with a small group of friends last night and we went to her favorite restaurant. There were quite a few laughs, and of course a few tears, but it was a good evening.

HOT, I had no idea you'd been through this. Thanks for the encouraging words that it does get easier. I made a donation to her favorite animal rescue in honor of her birthday, so that was a little something for the both of us.

Greg, thank you!

What a wonderful way to remember her and honor the special person she was.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hugs to you Okie! You will get through this.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thinking of you Okie and sending you love and hugs.

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
The top add in the sidebar of my Facebook page right now "Affluent consumers choose Zales over Tiffany"

Um....

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Rosebloom|1365110402|3420359 said:
My baby turned one today!!!

He was quite premature, spent six weeks in the hospital and almost didn't make it, then spent four months on 24/7 oxygen and monitoring... And now he's practically perfect in every way!! I love him so much. Happy sigh.

Here's my little Rosebud

Congrats RB! I can't imagine how scarey that must have been for you! A very happy belated birthday to your little man!

Today is an AMAZING DAY!!!! I had Thai food for lunch with DH......AND.....my cushion will be here TOMORROW!!!!!! HORRAY! :appl:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The dryer in my new apartments SQUEAKS LIKE CRAZY. Like There Is a Pissed Off Cat In There CRAZY. And every time I call the maintenance man, by the time he gets here it's stopped squeaking. I'm going insane.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much for the kind words, Missy, JaneSmith, Enerchi, Sharon, TooPatient, and Sarahbear! I apologize for the delay in responding. I have no idea why but I couldn't find this thread in tapatalk this week. But I'm very touched by your sentiments and so incredibly proud of my little sweetie pie!

And Enerchi - those fabulous squishy thighs of his? Yep, totally inherited those from his mom!

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
DH has a small Juliette balcony off of his home office. I was up there Thursday to check out the ice storm. Everything looked totally normal at that point.

At some point during the night the wind must have ripped off party of the flashing.

I went up to tell him that lunch was ready today and the hardwood was majorly damaged. Its cupped and the gaps between bords are huge. I ran downstairs to DH's bathroom (directly underneath) and there is a huge stain on the ceiling. I poked under part of the balcony and the wood under the membrane feels squishy.

When I asked DH (or more yelled) how could he not notice this damage, he said he thought it was always like that.

Now the insurance agent says they probably won't cover any of the damage since its been 3 days since the storm. Our insurance doesn't cover long term seepage, but it does cover storm damage.

Mad at them and the husband for ignoring the problem.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry for the headache Chemgirl!

I certainly hope the insurance covers!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Psst... Secret secret...I just submitted resume and cover letter based on a friend's internal referral. Hit send at 12:44 am BC friend told me they were already interviewing candidates and I had to submit asap! I know my getting the job is slim, but I think I have better odds than usual based on the internal referral, but boy do I have the urge to go into work tomorrow with a middle finger hat, middle finger sponge big hand glove, T-shirt, etc.... just bc this was a big first step for me to the next phase of my professional life. It feels good to feel smug after a very moody pms-y weekend! :Up_to_something: :sun: :lol: :o

But seriously, this gal is hoping and praying for a professional release valve! Please dump on my head truckloads of dust! I know PS dust is magical!!! :saint:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good luck PB I hope it works out for you!

In NYC now and met missy and DH yesterday for a tour of Central Park and a fantastic dinner! :love: meeting missy and her DH!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: Such a sweetheart :halo:

Today, DIAMONDS!! May start at Christie's to view the latest auction offerings at The Rock, then IDJ and DBL!! Sooooooooo excited!! :appl: :appl: :appl: Meeting rubies R Me today- woo hoo! New camera-check. Fresh batteries -check. No hurricane- MAJOR CHECK!!!

:wavey: Ok NYC, lets check this town out. Wooooooo hooooooo, Enerchi is here to PLAY :naughty: :D :naughty:

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Enerchi|1366024083|3427112 said:
Good luck PB I hope it works out for you!

In NYC now and met missy and DH yesterday for a tour of Central Park and a fantastic dinner! :love: meeting missy and her DH!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: Such a sweetheart :halo:

Today, DIAMONDS!! May start at Christie's to view the latest auction offerings at The Rock, then IDJ and DBL!! Sooooooooo excited!! :appl: :appl: :appl: Meeting rubies R Me today- woo hoo! New camera-check. Fresh batteries -check. No hurricane- MAJOR CHECK!!!

:wavey: Ok NYC, lets check this town out. Wooooooo hooooooo, Enerchi is here to PLAY :naughty: :D :naughty:

Have a wonderful time Enerchi!! i'm so jealous you met Missy! You should really check out some of the antique shops too if you have any interest! I have always wanted to see Israelie Rose (also known as NY Estate Jewelers) and a few others that are at the diamond district. HW and Cartier are also wonderful.

Have a fantastic time!

As for me- the first time in 10 years I will be going home to see my mother/ father this weekend at a family gathering in the actual house I grew up in. I haven't been home since I was a teenager. We have a very strained relationship but they have been trying since I had children. DH is coming too which will really help out. I'm having anxiety about going and also of course I'm not looking forward to traveling with the kids. This should be "fun" (insert sarcasism here). :praise:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sarahbear- any info on where NY estate jewelers are? I'd LOVE to see them! They have incredible items on their site....oh...now you have my mind spinning!!

Yes indeed, I was SUPER fortunate to meet Missy and have dinner together! We went to The Boathouse and had a window seat by the waters edge.....just beautiful at sunset time! Saw the Dakota, Strawberry Fields, the John Lennon Imagine memorial, sea lions, the oldest iron bridge (which I recognized from Hollywood movies!) it was so exciting!!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Enerchi|1366027131|3427134 said:
Sarahbear- any info on where NY estate jewelers are? I'd LOVE to see them! They have incredible items on their site....oh...now you have my mind spinning!!

Yes indeed, I was SUPER fortunate to meet Missy and have dinner together! We went to The Boathouse and had a window seat by the waters edge.....just beautiful at sunset time! Saw the Dakota, Strawberry Fields, the John Lennon Imagine memorial, sea lions, the oldest iron bridge (which I recognized from Hollywood movies!) it was so exciting!!

I know you have to have an appointment to see them so I would just call. And of course I would love to visit with Adam at OWD but that is just becuase I want to play with some of the OEC's I have seen on youtube from him. I also know some of his jewelry collections just started and I desperately want to see some of the rings in the CandleLight Collection. So if you go can you take photos for me?

Also email me about Vegas. I was hoping we could do a Cartier trip?!

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Enerchi|1366027131|3427134 said:

Colour me jealous! You've met missy AND you're meeting rubies r us?

Spill your guts: how was the bling? :naughty:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Enerchi, we had tons of fun yesterday...it was great meeting you (and your bling! :appl: ) and your dh!

Sarah, when are you (and Venice :cheeky: ) coming to visit?!!

Pic of the sea lions from yesterday. They are so cute!

Wish I could get away today Enerchi! Have fun and pleeeease take pics of that amazing pink diamond at Christies!!!! Don't forget to put a bid in for me... :cheeky:

sealionsalute.jpg

sealioncutie.jpg

sealionkiss.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yup....that's me on the rock w the whiskers...eating my dinner!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Enerchi|1366030223|3427178 said:
Yup....that's me on the rock w the whiskers...eating my dinner!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hahaha-wish I could've zoomed in on your bling in that pic! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Though the fish was quite delish. ;))

But c'mon now, you know we both de-whiskered before our meeting. :cheeky:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
missy|1366030490|3427180 said:
Enerchi|1366030223|3427178 said:

Hahaha-wish I could've zoomed in on your bling in that pic! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Though the fish was quite delish. ;))

But c'mon now, you know we both de-whiskered before our meeting. :cheeky:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Toooooooo funny! I left one for posterity! I should have put on my sea lion SPANX if I knew you'd be taking pics!

Off we go....hitting the diamond paved streets of NYC!! Wish my credit card luck! :wink2: :rodent:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good luck and have fun!!!! :appl:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Enerchi!

The blingy sea lion in spanx with fish dinner is KILLING me right now! :lol: :D . I'm LOL in my hobbit hole (I mean cubicle), but trying to keep the volume down!

Wow Sarahbear! That's a lot to handle. Hoping for the best outcome for you, your parents, and your kids. :saint:

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wish i could be part of a PS GTG. Im in MI and all alone. :(( :(( Maybe one day, here's hoping! :))

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ZestfullyBling|1366162570|3428559 said:
I wish i could be part of a PS GTG. Im in MI and all alone. :(( :(( Maybe one day, here's hoping! :))

Got a bunch of PS ladies in MI!
You aren't alone. I can think of a few off hand, but know there are more.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Missy I won't be in your neck of the woods for a while. If we had gone to "the wedding" I would have been there this summer.

However one of my best friends from college just got engaged and we are thinking about doing a weekend in NYC to look at dresses and wedding bands. I will definitely let you know if I come up!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm ready to have an elaborately delicious breakfast.

Okay... so actually I'd rather sleep a little later and have an okay breakfast, but I think this may be my best solution for dealing with a teenager who won't get up to her alarm.

"A" is 13 and can get up to her alarm because she did it great for a couple of weeks. She has just gotten sloppy. Setting it for wrong times, shutting it off without getting up, or "forgetting" to set it at all. I'm not just frustrated that I have to get up 40 minutes early some mornings (the few I could sleep a little extra). My big concern is that she is going to summer camp for three weeks and needs to be able to wake up in the morning. She's already missed some stuff on the 3-day teen weekends she's gone to because she didn't wake up when everyone else did.

I think what I might try is making a super super yummy breakfast and having it at the time she should be up and going. Then just letting her sleep when she ignores her alarm so that when she gets up "all" she has for breakfast is her usual set of options. (I say "all" because she has 3 varieties of oatmeal, 4-5 varieties of granola, assorted yogurts, bagels, 2 varieties of toaster waffles, 3-4 varieties of breakfast burritos, fresh fruits, eggs, and more to choose from)

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I'm bad a$$....Just saying! :twisted:

vc10um

Ideal_Rock

There are several of us in SE and SW Michigan! I'm in SE...how about you, ZB?

Sounds like it might be time to do a Michigan GTG to draw everyone out of the woodwork!

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
vc10um|1366317745|3430023 said:

There are several of us in SE and SW Michigan! I'm in SE...how about you, ZB?

Sounds like it might be time to do a Michigan GTG to draw everyone out of the woodwork!

Hi VC :wavey:

You made my evening VC! Its good to know I have PS sisters here! Im also in the SE!!!

Yes! Yes! Yes! I concur! Definitely time for a Michigan GTG!!! Im in! :appl:

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Woot! I think I found the source of the leak and managed to get some caulking in there and have it cure before the big storm. Turns out the builder didn't think we needed flashing under the balcony door. You could see light when I took off the drywall. The wood looks normal though so that's a plus!

Also majorly excited because my parents are coming to visit!

The only frustrating part is that DH asked if he could invite his dad along. Backstory is that his step-mom tried to steal from my parents and his dad is mentally unbalanced (anti-anxiety meds, alcohol, illegal drugs). Normally my husband gets that his dad isn't my favorite person, but he still sometimes turns in to a five-year-old when the topic comes up. If we're doing dinner with my parents, his dad should be welcome along. Its only fair right? Ugh...praying for patience on this one. Either that or sit back and listen to all of the lies FIL will tell my dad to try and impress him. Favorite so far is that FIL"s family apparently used to own the land my parent's vacation condo was built on....in a totally different country...what are the odds? lol.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
chemgirl|1366329971|3430124 said:
Woot! I think I found the source of the leak and managed to get some caulking in there and have it cure before the big storm. Turns out the builder didn't think we needed flashing under the balcony door. You could see light when I took off the drywall. The wood looks normal though so that's a plus!

Also majorly excited because my parents are coming to visit!

The only frustrating part is that DH asked if he could invite his dad along. Backstory is that his step-mom tried to steal from my parents and his dad is mentally unbalanced (anti-anxiety meds, alcohol, illegal drugs). Normally my husband gets that his dad isn't my favorite person, but he still sometimes turns in to a five-year-old when the topic comes up. If we're doing dinner with my parents, his dad should be welcome along. Its only fair right? Ugh...praying for patience on this one. Either that or sit back and listen to all of the lies FIL will tell my dad to try and impress him. Favorite so far is that FIL"s family apparently used to own the land my parent's vacation condo was built on....in a totally different country...what are the odds? lol.

Hope you got the leak all fixed! Sounds like the builder made a bad decision there :nono:

Enjoy the time with your parents. Maybe some sort of a compromise? Dinner with your parents, coffee & dessert his dad joins?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results