color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YT|1364508764|3415555 said:
missy said:
Ugh! So rude! :nono: You were too nice to them IMO. I would have told them not to dare return to your restaurant. Ever. And then I might have taken a pic with my phone and keep it taped up with the word banned written across it LOL. Ooh, that behavior makes me so mad. There are so many stupid and mean people in this world and that's a bad combo any way you look at it. Hugs YT!!!! Don't let their bad manners get you down!

ETA: Just saw that Enerchi would have also banned them... :appl:
Hahaha I made sure all the employees remember their faces :) so no more food for them. So they are banned!

As for bling! You have far more amazing jewels than me!!!! Your make me blush! I am a homeless person compared to you!

You'd never be homeless cause you and your dh could always come and stay with us YT!!!! :bigsmile:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Enerchi|1364558236|3415846 said:
We are going to have mild weather this weekend with some rain to help wash away all this dirty snow!! WOO HOO!! come on SPRING!! :appl:

YAY!!! We all deserve some gorgeous spring weather!!!! :appl:

manderz said:
So, apparently, I am THE suck. I'm cleaning and getting ready for Easter dinner at my place, and that includes polishing the chairs and dining room table. I (of course) got some on the floor. And, I'm cleaning in socks. So far, I've almost taken a pretty wicked digger 4 times. 4! You think I'd realize it's time to put shoes on or take the socks off? Nope, still in my socks. :rolleyes:

However, I am really enjoying the beautiful weather today, I've got all the windows open to get some sunlight and fresh air in here. It may be a smidge over 40, but the fresh air just smells SO GOOD!

Happy Easter Manderz and everyone who celebrates!!

TooPatient-I hope it all works out for you!!

Aww chemgirl, that story's sort of sweet...men aren't as bright as we are sometimes when it comes to relationships lol.

Rosetta-that's cool! Do you have any pics?

D

Deactivated member 42515

missy said:
missy said:
Ugh! So rude! :nono: You were too nice to them IMO. I would have told them not to dare return to your restaurant. Ever. And then I might have taken a pic with my phone and keep it taped up with the word banned written across it LOL. Ooh, that behavior makes me so mad. There are so many stupid and mean people in this world and that's a bad combo any way you look at it. Hugs YT!!!! Don't let their bad manners get you down!

Hahaha I made sure all the employees remember their faces :) so no more food for them. So they are banned!

As for bling! You have far more amazing jewels than me!!!! Your make me blush! I am a homeless person compared to you!

You'd never be homeless cause you and your dh could always come and stay with us YT!!!! :bigsmile:

Awwww! You're so sweet! I'm calling my realtor now! Time for some roommate fun with Missy!

Does this mean "what's mine is your's?" Mayyyybe your new OEC? :)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YT|1364689333|3417018 said:
missy said:
missy said:

Awwww! You're so sweet! I'm calling my realtor now! Time for some roommate fun with Missy!

LOL YT-always workin the angle! That's why I love you! :wavey:

D

Deactivated member 42515

missy said:
missy said:
missy said:

Aww sweetie, I'm not working an angle! I just reeeeaaalllly love your oec! If only I had some kidneys left to sell... Hee hee!

But I am truly thankful for you extending your home if I am ever homeless. Even if it is for sh*ts and giggles :)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YT|1364689620|3417024 said:
missy said:
missy said:
missy said:

Aww sweetie, I'm not working an angle! I just reeeeaaalllly love your oec! If only I had some kidneys left to sell... Hee hee!

But I am truly thankful for you extending your home if I am ever homeless. Even if it is for sh*ts and giggles :)

I look forward to it!!! Remember, whenever you are in the NY/NJ area-let me know and we'll make it happen!

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
YT|1364507178|3415527 said:
Argh!!!!! I just had the most most most rude customers ever!!!!!! Irate!!!

My family owns some restaurants and I manage one of the locations.

A family came in and was sat at a table in the corner. Instead of sitting there, they decided to go around and find a table of their own. And, of course, the table ended up being dirty. Everyone else was busy, so I went over and told them it was dirty and that I would clean it for them. And asked if anyone had sat them at a dirty table. Just in case one of our employees made a mistake, I wanted to talk to them. The customer retaliated with "you're not making me sit in the corner. I refuse." So I said ok and cleaned the table. Then she lied and told me that she ALWAYS gets to choose her own table. That its ALWAYS been like that. Never have we ever told our customers to choose their own table. It would be chaos. So, I cleaned their table and walked away.

Her husband came back from the bathroom and she started pointing at me and told him that I was rude and that they are leaving. I walked up to them asked them what I could have done that made them think that I was being rude. I pride myself in having good customer service and I love making the customer happy. I told her that there has NEVER been a time that anyone has ever told me I was rude. She said I was rude because I asked if anyone sat her at the table. And I explained to her that I only asked for customer service. To make sure to talk to the person who sat them. She said NO, that I only asked her to be rude to her.

Everything she said was ok compared to what her husband said. I would have allowed them to come back. But before they left, he added a comment that I think to be so rude and offensive. He pointed at me and said "we pay your bills, so you better be nice to us."

Oh my god... Oh my god... Really??? You do not make a donation to our lives. You pay for a service and we provide that service. There was no reason to belittle us and talk to us like we are lower class than them.

If they ever come back, they are NOT allowed in the restaurant.

I'm just so upset because I have customers that come just to talk to me. I have made friends with regular customers. I have never had anyone tell me I was rude. And I try so hard to make sure everyone leaves the restaurant full and happy. And for this man to point at me and tell me that he pays my bills... I'm actually more sad than mad right now.

While that's somewhat true, there's NO reason for them to be douchebags!!! I admire you for working in the restaurant biz, I absolutely could never do it because my instinct would be to scream my head off at the lady and call her some not so nice things. I'm sorry you had this experience! There are aholes out there that go around everywhere being aholes just to get free food or discounted food because they're pathetic. They shouldn't be allowed to eat at public places...

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Wow YT you are a far better person then I because I would have told them to pack their bags and get the hell out! ugh I have no patience for stuff like that!

TP- Any chance at finding another chiropatric who is cheaper?

As for me- DH IS HOME TODAY SO WE ARE GOING TO GRAB THAI FOOD!!!! My favorite so all is well in my world!
Side note- I have gotten so many emails about my VC setting that I'm selling but no one who is willing to committ. I completly understand but at the same time I really want to sell my old setting so I can move on to the next project. I hate having to wait!

D

Deactivated member 42515

04diamond<3 said:
YT|1364507178|3415527 said:
Argh!!!!! I just had the most most most rude customers ever!!!!!! Irate!!!

My family owns some restaurants and I manage one of the locations.

A family came in and was sat at a table in the corner. Instead of sitting there, they decided to go around and find a table of their own. And, of course, the table ended up being dirty. Everyone else was busy, so I went over and told them it was dirty and that I would clean it for them. And asked if anyone had sat them at a dirty table. Just in case one of our employees made a mistake, I wanted to talk to them. The customer retaliated with "you're not making me sit in the corner. I refuse." So I said ok and cleaned the table. Then she lied and told me that she ALWAYS gets to choose her own table. That its ALWAYS been like that. Never have we ever told our customers to choose their own table. It would be chaos. So, I cleaned their table and walked away.

Her husband came back from the bathroom and she started pointing at me and told him that I was rude and that they are leaving. I walked up to them asked them what I could have done that made them think that I was being rude. I pride myself in having good customer service and I love making the customer happy. I told her that there has NEVER been a time that anyone has ever told me I was rude. She said I was rude because I asked if anyone sat her at the table. And I explained to her that I only asked for customer service. To make sure to talk to the person who sat them. She said NO, that I only asked her to be rude to her.

Everything she said was ok compared to what her husband said. I would have allowed them to come back. But before they left, he added a comment that I think to be so rude and offensive. He pointed at me and said "we pay your bills, so you better be nice to us."

Oh my god... Oh my god... Really??? You do not make a donation to our lives. You pay for a service and we provide that service. There was no reason to belittle us and talk to us like we are lower class than them.

If they ever come back, they are NOT allowed in the restaurant.

I'm just so upset because I have customers that come just to talk to me. I have made friends with regular customers. I have never had anyone tell me I was rude. And I try so hard to make sure everyone leaves the restaurant full and happy. And for this man to point at me and tell me that he pays my bills... I'm actually more sad than mad right now.

While that's somewhat true, there's NO reason for them to be douchebags!!! I admire you for working in the restaurant biz, I absolutely could never do it because my instinct would be to scream my head off at the lady and call her some not so nice things. I'm sorry you had this experience! There are aholes out there that go around everywhere being aholes just to get free food or discounted food because they're pathetic. They shouldn't be allowed to eat at public places...
No, it is true that they are a paying customer and that yes, their money goes towards our lives. But, you don't point at someone and say that. Ugh, restaurant business is hard. Especially when you are the manager and everyone comes to you to fix their problems.

Sarah- I wish I would have! But they were already packing and leaving and I had to run outside and ask them what the hell their problem was :) I realllly hope I never see them again. Bad thing is that we are a small city so there's a pretty good chance of running into them outside the restaurant. Hopefully I run into them at their workplace and I can make a scene. :) I won't because I'm the better person, but it would be nice to imagine.

I'm so glad your DH is home!!!! Thai food! Then some DH lovin!!! Hee hee, get the kids out of the house cuz mommy and daddy got some reacquainting to do!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
They go to daycare full time and I work from the house so it is basically like a little mini vacation.

And I do love DH but...ah thai food is my true love! :lickout:

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
rosetta said:
Please don't laugh at me. I just found out my original 1.06 F VVS2 cushion in my e ring is actually......

An August Vintage Cushion.

My jeweller bought it from GOG and set it in the UK. I wasn't involved in this e ring in any way.

Well, that explains a lot about its stellar performance.

So basically, I had one of first AVCs ever cut and I didn't even know. Please revoke my PS status immediately. :oops:

That's hilarious!! And pretty awesome.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Rosebloom|1364845161|3418053 said:
rosetta said:
Please don't laugh at me. I just found out my original 1.06 F VVS2 cushion in my e ring is actually......

My jeweller bought it from GOG and set it in the UK. I wasn't involved in this e ring in any way.

So basically, I had one of first AVCs ever cut and I didn't even know. Please revoke my PS status immediately. :oops:

Talk about small world!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rainbow pic from our security cam at the beach house...gotta love technology-can take a pic of stuff when we are not there! (well, I have a love/hate relationship with it-love it when it works and hate it when it doesn't! :cheeky: ).

april_1_rainbow.png

D

Deactivated member 42515

Can I come live at your beach house for now? DH is on my nerves today.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YT|1364849978|3418110 said:

awww, big ((((hugs))))!!!!! Just let me know when...I've gotta get going on cleaning up then :cheeky: .
Plus it's gonna be chilly this week-maybe come visit us in NY for now and then we'll drive to the beach this weekend. Hopefully it'll be warmer by then!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am FREAKING OUT about my fiance's wedding ring... it was supposed to be done and TO ME by last week. It's not. I called the jeweler and they were all "We're keeping an eye on it!" WTF DOES THAT EVEN MEAN. I was all, "Well, when is it going to be in?" "Soon, we're keeping an eye on it." "WHEN!?!?!?" "Soon." arrrrrrrgh. Trust me, if it is not in a week before the wedding, when it was SUPPOSED to be in a a MONTH before, that shizz is getting posted all over the pricescope and the rest of the intarwebs. Ain't nobody got time for that!

D

Deactivated member 42515

missy said:

awww, big ((((hugs))))!!!!! Just let me know when...I've gotta get going on cleaning up then :cheeky: .
Plus it's gonna be chilly this week-maybe come visit us in NY for now and then we'll drive to the beach this weekend. Hopefully it'll be warmer by then!
You're a celebrity or something aren't you? Is your beach house in the Hamptons? Next to like Julia Roberts or something?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YT|1364851248|3418130 said:
missy said:

You're a celebrity or something aren't you? Is your beach house in the Hamptons? Next to like Julia Roberts or something?

:cheeky: shhhhhhh. Gotta keep it b/w just the 2 of us girl. Or else we'll never have peace. :sun:

Not even close. Such a down to earth working class area in NJ. Real people. Maybe some hillbillies too LOL. Oh I wish I could share some video my neighbor at the beach emailed to me this AM. Speaking of hillbillies. Hysterical.

D

Deactivated member 42515

missy said:
missy said:

:cheeky: shhhhhhh. Gotta keep it b/w just the 2 of us girl. Or else we'll never have peace. :sun:

Not even close. Such a down to earth working class area in NJ. Real people. Maybe some hillbillies too LOL. Oh I wish I could share some video my neighbor at the beach emailed to me this AM. Speaking of hillbillies. Hysterical.
I wanna see! Email me!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YT|1364852285|3418136 said:
missy said:
missy said:

I wanna see! Email me!

Email sent. :wavey:

D

Deactivated member 42515

missy said:
missy said:
missy said:

I wanna see! Email me!

How do you know my email! Stalker!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YT|1364860804|3418236 said:
missy said:
missy said:
missy said:

I wanna see! Email me!

How do you know my email! Stalker!

I have my ways. :twisted:
:cheeky:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sarahbear621|1364827804|3417874 said:
Wow YT you are a far better person then I because I would have told them to pack their bags and get the hell out! ugh I have no patience for stuff like that!

TP- Any chance at finding another chiropatric who is cheaper?

As for me- DH IS HOME TODAY SO WE ARE GOING TO GRAB THAI FOOD!!!! My favorite so all is well in my world!
Side note- I have gotten so many emails about my VC setting that I'm selling but no one who is willing to committ. I completly understand but at the same time I really want to sell my old setting so I can move on to the next project. I hate having to wait!

My back is feeling WAY better. It actually started so bad that I could feel the lump where it was crooked at the spine. Even brushing against it caused LOTS of pain. That lump is gone. My spine feels straight. I can even rub and touch at the area with only the slightest discomfort!

My "re-evaluation" was supposed to be last Friday but they were busy so pushed it off until my next appointment. The next one was today...
The "re-evaluation" consisted of range-of-motion but no x-rays. So pretty much just seeing how well I can move. I don't care! All I care about is that my spine is not all out of shape so that I can exercise and stretch to increase my range of motion and flexibility.
I've got a last appointment scheduled for Friday to go over the range of motion stuff, but I may just cancel it if I'm feeling okay through the rest of the week. Unless they can show me current x-rays justifying it (which they can't because they haven't done any...), I'm not going to be scheduling any more with them.

They do great work and I think they may actually have corrected the problem. I just don't want to be one of the ongoing "maintenance" patients who goes in once a week forever even after the actual issue is gone.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Sarahbear621|1364845571|3418056 said:
rosetta said:

Talk about small world!

Tell me about it! Now, I have a dilemma. I should really send this stone back to GOG and get an upgrade under their lifetime buy back policy. But this is the stone my husband not only proposed with, but that he bought all by himself. I'm hugely attached to it. But in reality, I'm never going to wear my 3 stone, AND my smaller cushion AND my upgrade. And I'm hankering for a low coloured AVC. Having 3 rings is very greedy, especially since one of them can be very successfully traded up, with it's desirable specs, it'll sell well for GOG too. Hmmm. If I'm honest, I want to keep this ring forever, whether I wear it or not. What would you do O wise PSers?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
rosetta|1364891059|3418430 said:
rosetta said:

Talk about small world!

Tell me about it! Now, I have a dilemma. I should really send this stone back to GOG and get an upgrade under their lifetime buy back policy. But this is the stone my husband not only proposed with, but that he bought all by himself. I'm hugely attached to it. But in reality, I'm never going to wear my 3 stone, AND my smaller cushion AND my upgrade. And I'm hankering for a low coloured AVC. Having 3 rings is very greedy, especially since one of them can be very successfully traded up, with it's desirable specs, it'll sell well for GOG too. Hmmm. If I'm honest, I want to keep this ring forever, whether I wear it or not. What would you do O wise PSers?

I think you have answered this question yourself Rosetta. Since you feel attached to this stone because your dh proposed with it and picked it out all on his own I would keep it. Perhaps though I would reset into a pendant so you can wear it more often and keep it close to your heart. If you aren't going to wear it and keep it as a ring I suppose you can always pass it down to one of your children but personally I would either a. find a way to wear it (reset into pendant) or b. trade in for an upgrade that you will wear.
Whatever you do it's a good dilemma to have!!!
Also-have you discussed this with your dh? Maybe see how he feels and that will help your decision. Good luck!!

TooPatient- Glad you are feeling better!!!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Yup I pretty much agree with Missy and would turn it into a pendant. For the last 8 weeks I have had 3 erings that I have been swapping out (SK 3 stone, VC Emilya and my OWD solitare). It is just not my style and I didn't spend the money or time having those rings made for them to sit in my jewelry box at the bank all day. I would reset or think of another project that you could use the AVC with.

However, IF it were my ring I would upgrade, but I should also mention I have very little attachment too my wedding set. I have already gotten rid of the diamond (upgrade), the setting and my orginal wedding band.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
missy|1364895810|3418441 said:
rosetta said:

Talk about small world!

I think you have answered this question yourself Rosetta. Since you feel attached to this stone because your dh proposed with it and picked it out all on his own I would keep it. Perhaps though I would reset into a pendant so you can wear it more often and keep it close to your heart. If you aren't going to wear it and keep it as a ring I suppose you can always pass it down to one of your children but personally I would either a. find a way to wear it (reset into pendant) or b. trade in for an upgrade that you will wear.
Also-have you discussed this with your dh? Maybe see how he feels and that will help your decision. Good luck!!

Yay for your back TooPatient!! :appl:

Missy, my husband has no problems with me trading the stone in, or reseting it etc. He wants me to do whatever makes me happy. I almost wish he got all stupidly sentimental about it so I HAD to keep it or risk upsetting him (nah, not really I love that he's not overbearing about it). My upgrade would be a very significant amount of money for us (6 months salary!!) so part of me thinks it makes total financial sense to save almost a months' salary and give up my AVC. I dont need to make the decision now, we have definitely decided to wait till our 5th anniversary for the upgrade, as I want it to have a signifcant meaning. I've still got 3 years to go ::) I suppose it won't be such a huge percentage of my salary in 3 years' time, so maybe its ok to not save that money after all...unless diamond prices go through the roof...who knows? Its not exactly the worst dilemma to have, I agree!

I could reset it in a pendant. If I did, I would need to sell my 0.8 carat OEC pedant. Wait a minute, I could probably wear them layered on two chains! I like this idea a lot. I sometimes wear my morganite pendant layered with my diamond already. In the meantime, I'm going to get it sized up for my right hand, and wear it! Thanks, you've given me food for thought...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
rosetta said:
missy|1364895810|3418441 said:
rosetta said:

Talk about small world!

Yay for your back TooPatient!! :appl:

Missy, my husband has no problems with me trading the stone in, or reseting it etc. He wants me to do whatever makes me happy. I almost wish he got all stupidly sentimental about it so I HAD to keep it or risk upsetting him (nah, not really I love that he's not overbearing about it). My upgrade would be a very significant amount of money for us (6 months salary!!) so part of me thinks it makes total financial sense to save almost a months' salary and give up my AVC. I dont need to make the decision now, we have definitely decided to wait till our 5th anniversary for the upgrade, as I want it to have a signifcant meaning. I've still got 3 years to go ::) I suppose it won't be such a huge percentage of my salary in 3 years' time, so maybe its ok to not save that money after all...unless diamond prices go through the roof...who knows? Its not exactly the worst dilemma to have, I agree!

I could reset it in a pendant. If I did, I would need to sell my 0.8 carat OEC pedant. Wait a minute, I could probably wear them layered on two chains! I like this idea a lot. I sometimes wear my morganite pendant layered with my diamond already. In the meantime, I'm going to get it sized up for my right hand, and wear it! Thanks, you've given me food for thought...

Rosetta, I totally understand your dilemma. Honestly, if it were me, I would trade in and up. Oh wait a minute, that's sort of what I did do LOL. I have/had no attachment to my original ER/setting etc and neither did my dh fortunately so it enabled me to get the type and size diamond I was yearning for without breaking the bank. Could I have kept my previous ER and gotten the OEC of my dreams? Sure, but it would have not made any financial sense for us. If we were rich where money was not an issue I might have liked to have kept it and made it into a pendant (layered with my other diamond pendants-I like the way you think Rosetta!!!!). But this way, by trading it in I was able to do it with much less out of pocket expense and it wasn't (too) painful. Anyway, you need to do what you feel is best and right for you. If you are waiting for a significant anniversary and save enough without it being painful then keep both. As long as you will enjoy it. Otherwise trade it in, get a more beautiful bigger diamond and get it now!!!!!! :naughty: :appl:

D

Deactivated member 42515

Rosetta! I still can't get over how awesome it is that you came upon an AVC! If it were me, I would trade in. U like dh, I don't have an emotional attachment to my ering. Upgrade? BRING IT ON! But of course, talk to him first :)

TooPatient! I'm glad your back is feeling better! Did I miss it or did you say you will be ok for your wedding?

As for me, thanks to Sarahbear, all I have dreaming about is Thai food. Yummy yummy Thai fooooood.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
YT|1364913670|3418534 said:
Rosetta! I still can't get over how awesome it is that you came upon an AVC! If it were me, I would trade in. U like dh, I don't have an emotional attachment to my ering. Upgrade? BRING IT ON! But of course, talk to him first :)

TooPatient! I'm glad your back is feeling better! Did I miss it or did you say you will be ok for your wedding?

As for me, thanks to Sarahbear, all I have dreaming about is Thai food. Yummy yummy Thai fooooood.

Him indoors is cool with whatever I decide YT. I'm gonna hang onto it for now. I don't know I just don't wear it as a RHR. Duh.

My ring is on Daniel Prince's website, google it if you want an ogle.

I made a SUPER pad Thai last night. I finally got a great fish sauce and it was YUMMY. I'm bragging coz I'm not the world's best cook, I'm embarrassed to admit!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results