shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Crappy house guests are bizarre. I think some people are rude like this because they are self-absorbed and can't bother to be thoughtful.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
PS has really slowed down from 4 years ago when I joined. It used to be that I could barely keep up with the CS forum even I visited every day. Now, I can visit once every 3 days, and it's easy to catch up.

D

Deactivated member 42515

pregcurious said:
PS has really slowed down from 4 years ago when I joined. It used to be that I could barely keep up with the CS forum even I visited every day. Now, I can visit once every 3 days, and it's easy to catch up.
Totally know what you mean. I was just talking about that. Rarely any threads. Any posts... Sad

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YT|1364498703|3415436 said:
pregcurious said:
Totally know what you mean. I was just talking about that. Rarely any threads. Any posts... Sad

YT- you need to buy more bling so you can do a photoshoot! :love: That will get PS hopping again!! :appl: C'mon girl-get going!! :cheeky: :wavey:

D

Deactivated member 42515

missy said:
pregcurious said:

YT- you need to buy more bling so you can do a photoshoot! :love: That will get PS hopping again!! :appl: C'mon girl-get going!! :cheeky: :wavey:
I have bling! But I've been lazy... I have that DBL FLY, ruby ring, that emerald band and earrings I'm waiting for...
Slow PS has made me slow too

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YT|1364501313|3415466 said:
missy said:
pregcurious said:

I have bling! But I've been lazy... I have that DBL FLY, ruby ring, that emerald band and earrings I'm waiting for...
Slow PS has made me slow too

Oh, I know you have bling!!! I have been drooling over what you have posted! Looking forward to the other pieces when you have the energy and desire to share!! :love: :appl:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YT -- I'm getting married at a winery on the Columbia River this October. You might have a better idea than I do of sun light conditions. The lady at the winery warned me that the sun goes down earlier on that side of the mountains? I'd never paid attention to that!
The winery is in Quincy (technically -- it is right where I-90 crosses the Columbia River). Do you think it will still be daylight at 5:30-6:30pm on Oct 17? I just want to avoid the about to set sort of dim where everything is shadowed and washed out.

tigian

Ideal_Rock
missy-great news! :appl:

D

Deactivated member 42515

TooPatient said:
YT -- I'm getting married at a winery on the Columbia River this October. You might have a better idea than I do of sun light conditions. The lady at the winery warned me that the sun goes down earlier on that side of the mountains? I'd never paid attention to that!
The winery is in Quincy (technically -- it is right where I-90 crosses the Columbia River). Do you think it will still be daylight at 5:30-6:30pm on Oct 17? I just want to avoid the about to set sort of dim where everything is shadowed and washed out.

Hmm, well right now for us, the sun sets around 7:30pm. In the summer about 8:30-8:45. In the winter, like December, it's usually 4:30-5pm. I never noticed a huge difference in time. Seattle may be about 30 minutes later than us.
But in October, you might be better going earlier than 5:30 to 6:30. It might be dusk then and I know what you mean about the shadowed washed out lighting. I think it'll definitely be light out around 4:30-5:30. But I'm pretty sure 5:30-6:30 will be kinda dark.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YT|1364504821|3415513 said:
TooPatient said:

Hmm, well right now for us, the sun sets around 7:30pm. In the summer about 8:30-8:45. In the winter, like December, it's usually 4:30-5pm. I never noticed a huge difference in time. Seattle may be about 30 minutes later than us.
But in October, you might be better going earlier than 5:30 to 6:30. It might be dusk then and I know what you mean about the shadowed washed out lighting. I think it'll definitely be light out around 4:30-5:30. But I'm pretty sure 5:30-6:30 will be kinda dark.

That is what I was worried about. I'm trying to get invitations ready for printing so I need to make a final decision on the ceremony time. The invitation will include wine tasting info, ceremony time, brunch time. Dinner & reception time not listed so I'm not too worried there -- those are inside anyway and the view from the room is stunning all evening/night.

Gah! I wish there was some way to shift the check in time earlier so people can have plenty of time to change.

Right now she's got a tentative schedule of:

3:00pm 4:00pm Private Wine Tasting & Hors d’oeurves
4:00pm Guest check-in
5:30pm 6:30pm Ceremony
7:00pm 8:30pm Plated Dinner
8:30pm 11:00pm Reception

9:00am 11:00am Celebration Brunch

D

Deactivated member 42515

Argh!!!!! I just had the most most most rude customers ever!!!!!! Irate!!!

My family owns some restaurants and I manage one of the locations.

A family came in and was sat at a table in the corner. Instead of sitting there, they decided to go around and find a table of their own. And, of course, the table ended up being dirty. Everyone else was busy, so I went over and told them it was dirty and that I would clean it for them. And asked if anyone had sat them at a dirty table. Just in case one of our employees made a mistake, I wanted to talk to them. The customer retaliated with "you're not making me sit in the corner. I refuse." So I said ok and cleaned the table. Then she lied and told me that she ALWAYS gets to choose her own table. That its ALWAYS been like that. Never have we ever told our customers to choose their own table. It would be chaos. So, I cleaned their table and walked away.

Her husband came back from the bathroom and she started pointing at me and told him that I was rude and that they are leaving. I walked up to them asked them what I could have done that made them think that I was being rude. I pride myself in having good customer service and I love making the customer happy. I told her that there has NEVER been a time that anyone has ever told me I was rude. She said I was rude because I asked if anyone sat her at the table. And I explained to her that I only asked for customer service. To make sure to talk to the person who sat them. She said NO, that I only asked her to be rude to her.

Everything she said was ok compared to what her husband said. I would have allowed them to come back. But before they left, he added a comment that I think to be so rude and offensive. He pointed at me and said "we pay your bills, so you better be nice to us."

Oh my god... Oh my god... Really??? You do not make a donation to our lives. You pay for a service and we provide that service. There was no reason to belittle us and talk to us like we are lower class than them.

If they ever come back, they are NOT allowed in the restaurant.

I'm just so upset because I have customers that come just to talk to me. I have made friends with regular customers. I have never had anyone tell me I was rude. And I try so hard to make sure everyone leaves the restaurant full and happy. And for this man to point at me and tell me that he pays my bills... I'm actually more sad than mad right now.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YT -- How rude of them! Just as well they left -- I can't imagine how much worse they would have gotten if they had stayed :errrr:
Life is too short to put up with people with no manners.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
YT, that's disgusting! Ban them!! I'm sure you were nothing but lovely to them. They are ignorant and not worth the hassle....we love you here. Try to let it roll off your back. They aren't worth the stress. :nono:

D

Deactivated member 42515

TooPatient said:
YT -- How rude of them! Just as well they left -- I can't imagine how much worse they would have gotten if they had stayed :errrr:
Thanks TooPatient... I just don't understand some people.

As for your wedding, why can't they move up the checkin time?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh! So rude! :nono: You were too nice to them IMO. I would have told them not to dare return to your restaurant. Ever. And then I might have taken a pic with my phone and keep it taped up with the word banned written across it LOL. Ooh, that behavior makes me so mad. There are so many stupid and mean people in this world and that's a bad combo any way you look at it. Hugs YT!!!! Don't let their bad manners get you down!

ETA: Just saw that Enerchi would have also banned them... :appl:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YT|1364508026|3415544 said:
TooPatient said:
Thanks TooPatient... I just don't understand some people.

As for your wedding, why can't they move up the checkin time?

We're looking at needing as many as half of their rooms. The event coordinator is concerned about promising 3pm check in time only to find that housekeeping can't have them all ready in time. I'm going to check with her again though and see what we can do with that. At least a few of the rooms we'll have the night before as well so they won't have to be done before the check-in time. Since it is also mid-week and we pushed it out a month from the date she and I had originally been talking, it may be that they'll be able to get them done sooner.

It would certainly make things easier if we could do everything an hour earlier!

D

Deactivated member 42515

Enerchi said:
YT, that's disgusting! Ban them!! I'm sure you were nothing but lovely to them. They are ignorant and not worth the hassle....we love you here. Try to let it roll off your back. They aren't worth the stress. :nono:
Thanks Enerchi. But what's worse is that they were regular customers. People that I have talked to before and had conversations with. It's like they totally forgot who I was... That's what confuses me and makes me sad.

D

Deactivated member 42515

missy said:
Ugh! So rude! :nono: You were too nice to them IMO. I would have told them not to dare return to your restaurant. Ever. And then I might have taken a pic with my phone and keep it taped up with the word banned written across it LOL. Ooh, that behavior makes me so mad. There are so many stupid and mean people in this world and that's a bad combo any way you look at it. Hugs YT!!!! Don't let their bad manners get you down!

ETA: Just saw that Enerchi would have also banned them... :appl:
Hahaha I made sure all the employees remember their faces :) so no more food for them. So they are banned!

As for bling! You have far more amazing jewels than me!!!! Your make me blush! I am a homeless person compared to you!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry YT. The two are a match made in hell. :errrr:

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
YT, how awful! I wonder if something unusually stressful is going on in their family that has them distraught and hostile. It's no excuse, but that just seems bizarre that they would be regular customers that were fine, then turn into nasties. :nono:

Too bad you didn't say "I *used* to serve your food and never did anything to it so YOU should be nice to me!" :lol:

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
YT|1364507178|3415527 said:
Argh!!!!! I just had the most most most rude customers ever!!!!!! Irate!!!

My family owns some restaurants and I manage one of the locations.

A family came in and was sat at a table in the corner. Instead of sitting there, they decided to go around and find a table of their own. And, of course, the table ended up being dirty. Everyone else was busy, so I went over and told them it was dirty and that I would clean it for them. And asked if anyone had sat them at a dirty table. Just in case one of our employees made a mistake, I wanted to talk to them. The customer retaliated with "you're not making me sit in the corner. I refuse." So I said ok and cleaned the table. Then she lied and told me that she ALWAYS gets to choose her own table. That its ALWAYS been like that. Never have we ever told our customers to choose their own table. It would be chaos. So, I cleaned their table and walked away.

Her husband came back from the bathroom and she started pointing at me and told him that I was rude and that they are leaving. I walked up to them asked them what I could have done that made them think that I was being rude. I pride myself in having good customer service and I love making the customer happy. I told her that there has NEVER been a time that anyone has ever told me I was rude. She said I was rude because I asked if anyone sat her at the table. And I explained to her that I only asked for customer service. To make sure to talk to the person who sat them. She said NO, that I only asked her to be rude to her.

Everything she said was ok compared to what her husband said. I would have allowed them to come back. But before they left, he added a comment that I think to be so rude and offensive. He pointed at me and said "we pay your bills, so you better be nice to us."

Oh my god... Oh my god... Really??? You do not make a donation to our lives. You pay for a service and we provide that service. There was no reason to belittle us and talk to us like we are lower class than them.

If they ever come back, they are NOT allowed in the restaurant.

I'm just so upset because I have customers that come just to talk to me. I have made friends with regular customers. I have never had anyone tell me I was rude. And I try so hard to make sure everyone leaves the restaurant full and happy. And for this man to point at me and tell me that he pays my bills... I'm actually more sad than mad right now.

Wow that was totally uncalled for.

Just think of it this way, with that sort of attitude and behaviour they must have a wonderful time eating out :roll:

ETA: I didn't see the part where you said they were regulars. That is really bizarre.

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
I feel like a horrible, no good, really bad, jerk right now.

Our old real estate agent switched companies recently and sent us a card. Then today she dropped off an Easter basket with information about her new office (and yummy yummy chocolate).

DH doesn't really get that real estate agents tend to be overly friendly with clients, that its part of their job. He took the Easter basket as a sign that she wants to hang out with us. He actually called her office and left a message inviting her and her family to dinner.

She replied and said they had a hectic schedule, but she'd love to stop by some time and see what we've done with the place.

We live in an area that's really starting to come around and we did some renovations that should make our house more desirable when it does come time to sell. She totally just wanted to be "our agent" when we finally decide to move!

The poor boy thought we had a new friend until I pointed that little bit out.

He almost invited her to his birthday....

D

Deactivated member 42515

Thanks pintobean, Tammy and chemgirl. Right??? They don't realize that I could have been doing all kinds of nasty things to their food. I have never, to anyone. But still....

On a better note! I just got my blood pressure medication in the mail! Finally!!! And what a perfect day to receive it! :)

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
chemgirl|1364518262|3415630 said:
I feel like a horrible, no good, really bad, jerk right now.

Our old real estate agent switched companies recently and sent us a card. Then today she dropped off an Easter basket with information about her new office (and yummy yummy chocolate).

DH doesn't really get that real estate agents tend to be overly friendly with clients, that its part of their job. He took the Easter basket as a sign that she wants to hang out with us. He actually called her office and left a message inviting her and her family to dinner.

She replied and said they had a hectic schedule, but she'd love to stop by some time and see what we've done with the place.

We live in an area that's really starting to come around and we did some renovations that should make our house more desirable when it does come time to sell. She totally just wanted to be "our agent" when we finally decide to move!

The poor boy thought we had a new friend until I pointed that little bit out.

He almost invited her to his birthday....

Poor guy!

He had to learn it some time though. Better now than later?

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My chiropractor has been charging me $500/week + back brace + tens machine. I've used all of my yearly deductible so now insurance should cover most stuff pretty much in full -- except that he's only been doing $150/week of treatments so the insurance thinks I've still got another $2,000 to pay out of pocket. I think (hope) he meant well but it has really caused problems with my other medical stuff. I've got to talk to him tomorrow and get it sorted out so the insurance doesn't get any more confused than it already is.

I also just got notified that I "have too many credits" in school so all of my financial aid (including loans?) has been cancelled. This isn't a huge catastrophe as we were planning on my losing it after the wedding anyway but still! Of the 140+ credits I've done, financial aid has only been involved for <40! Always with the loophole :rolleyes:
Will hopefully find out tomorrow what that means going forward and if I'll re-qualify for at least the loans when I transfer to complete my degrees.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
YT, what a pair of idiots. Something like that is such a surprise & so annoying, sometimes it's hard to let it go. Been there! I wonder too if there was some big stress going on with them -- or maybe a few drinks before they got to your place -- since they weren't ogres before. No excuse for horrible behavior, though. We all have problems & thumping a restaurant manager is not permitted. Good for you for not letting them back -- unless they give you a sincere, groveling apology. You never know what you're gonna get when you work with the general public!

--- Laurie

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
We are going to have mild weather this weekend with some rain to help wash away all this dirty snow!! WOO HOO!! come on SPRING!! :appl:

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
YT, that's not on. May they never darken your door again.

Enerchi, please send some spring our way!

Please don't laugh at me. I just found out my original 1.06 F VVS2 cushion in my e ring is actually......

An August Vintage Cushion.

My jeweller bought it from GOG and set it in the UK. I wasn't involved in this e ring in any way.

Well, that explains a lot about its stellar performance.

So basically, I had one of first AVCs ever cut and I didn't even know. Please revoke my PS status immediately. :oops:

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
So, apparently, I am THE suck. I'm cleaning and getting ready for Easter dinner at my place, and that includes polishing the chairs and dining room table. I (of course) got some on the floor. And, I'm cleaning in socks. So far, I've almost taken a pretty wicked digger 4 times. 4! You think I'd realize it's time to put shoes on or take the socks off? Nope, still in my socks. :rolleyes:

However, I am really enjoying the beautiful weather today, I've got all the windows open to get some sunlight and fresh air in here. It may be a smidge over 40, but the fresh air just smells SO GOOD!

D

Deactivated member 42515

Thanks Jewelfreak and Rosetta. I hope I never have to see them again.

As for you Rosetta! That's so awesome!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results