shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
NonieMarie said:
My question is....Are people different when they sit at their computer, anonymous, than they are in real life? I've seen quite a few threads, here and elsewhere, where posters are downright mean.

I've been wondering that too, NonieMarie, ever since the 1st forum I ever joined long ago. Do these people talk as unpleasantly IRL or does the anonymity of the web allow them to turn into nasty little kids? Some people start off icky before a thread becomes otherwise heated -- it's like a bolt outta the blue. If they are like that in person, I can't see how they'd hold a job or have any friends, so I do wonder.

Missy, honey, dust from your loving twin for DH to come out shining in his tests. I know it will be good!! :appl:

I had one dog who trembled & cried in storms; the others didn't even notice them, except my Buck. He sailed right on until he got old -- then was really really nervous when it thundered. I think their hearing isn't as good & they feel insecure not knowing exactly where the sound is coming from, or maybe what it is...or something. Feel so sorry for them. Big hugs for Tyson.

--- Laurie

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
Niel|1364077512|3411951 said:
so angry I could punch out a window. I had a baby 9 months ago. About 2 months ago....so 7 MONTHS after I had a baby, i started getting bills from "Anesthesia Medical Consultants" . I paid it, then i get a call from someone saying i have to pay..... WELL I JUST DID. So i call them and they tell me "oh if you just paid it then you have nothing to worry about"....." are you sure? could you check".... "oh yes you ont owe anything"

fast forward to today and i get a %$*@'ing bill from a collections agency. For a random amount, not even the amount i was billed for. I cannon call them, they dont have a place i can pay online, now i have to sit and fester until MONDAY before i can get this resolved. GAH i could SCREAM!

I feel your pain and frustration. When my husband died, I received bills from the hospital and all sorts of providers and labs. I would pay and then receive another bill. It only got worse when the insurance company realized they had issued his medical card with the wrong SS#. They went back and denied all payments and ask for and received reimbursement. The whole process started all over again. My dining room table was stacked with files folders and bills for almost a year. It got to a point where if it was less than $100, I just paid it and threw the invoice in a box.
I hear you roar!!!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
NonieMarie|1364078238|3411962 said:
so angry I could punch out a window. I had a baby 9 months ago. About 2 months ago....so 7 MONTHS after I had a baby, i started getting bills from "Anesthesia Medical Consultants" . I paid it, then i get a call from someone saying i have to pay..... WELL I JUST DID. So i call them and they tell me "oh if you just paid it then you have nothing to worry about"....." are you sure? could you check".... "oh yes you ont owe anything"

fast forward to today and i get a %$*@'ing bill from a collections agency. For a random amount, not even the amount i was billed for. I cannon call them, they dont have a place i can pay online, now i have to sit and fester until MONDAY before i can get this resolved. GAH i could SCREAM!

I feel your pain and frustration. When my husband died, I received bills from the hospital and all sorts of providers and labs. I would pay and then receive another bill. It only got worse when the insurance company realized they had issued his medical card with the wrong SS#. They went back and denied all payments and ask for and received reimbursement. The whole process started all over again. My dining room table was stacked with files folders and bills for almost a year. It got to a point where if it was less than $100, I just paid it and threw the invoice in a box.
I hear you roar!!!

Im just so frustrated!!! And my FI brother is like "oh i feel your pain", no you didnt pay your bills because you paid more than you had to renovate a house you couldnt afford. I live within my means, not the same. Its just WHY do they keep coming. WHAT about my epidermal needs FOUR separate bills from 2 different places. and WHY THE HECK would you tell me i didnt have anything due?! :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire:

thank you for listening to my rant. Im sure it was worse for you, and I feel like just paying the dang thing and forgetting about it, but i CANT. its only like 50 bucks i would pay 75 just to not have to sit and stew about this for the next 2 days

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ohh that is miserable!! I'm so sorry - you'd think they'd have the common decency to take a BIT more care with something that can do so much damage to your credit :nono:

I had a sort-of-vaguely-similar situation a couple of years ago - we went to finance our first house, they did a credit check and mine came in shockingly low - turns out I'd been billed $60 for X-rays and the bill was somehow sent to an address I hadn't lived in for 10 years, of course it was never paid so it went to collections who sent it to the same address...

Since I'd never received either bill and I had an otherwise clean record the credit agencies removed it from my record. It sounds like this was NOT your fault so please don't just pay it, you don't want that activity penalising your credit if you can get around it! It was actually pretty easy, all said and done - I called the hospital, paid the $60 and had them fax me a letter stating that the billing address was in error, called the three credit bureaus and had them write to confirm that they would remove the account once I forwarded the hospital's letter, and that was that. I hope you can get it sorted quickly Nielseel!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:-o :-o :sick: :nono: :angryfire: :-o :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

GAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FI's ex-wife's sister just invited herself to stay overnight on our couch! I've met this woman twice -- once when she was a miserable back-stabbing Witch and the other when she was a butt-kissing fake-nice.
So she e-mailed saying that she'd be in town for just two days and would love to see FI's daughter (her niece). Turns out she is in town and wants to spend all day on Father's Day with "A"..... you know -- the first Father's Day he's had with her in EIGHT YEARS. Okay... fine. We'll have a nice FD breakfast and then they can go on their way.

Just got an e-mail from her. She'll be staying the first night with her sister, but it would be "a lot easier" if she could just "crash on your couch" and then leave first thing the next morning. Of course we can say no.... she'd still like to take us to dinner.

I don't think we can find any way to say no without causing big drama. "A" has school the next morning, but other than that we've got nothing really that would give a good excuse. We don't have a guest room or even a pull out couch so she'd really be in the living room on a couch.

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
Toopatient - I'm sorry...sounds like you still have a lot on your plate. I would make plans for that night....that way you can tell her you made plans and it wouldn't be lying. Make it like a family night with only you and FI and his daughter.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JewelFreak|1364077701|3411954 said:
<snip>

Missy, honey, dust from your loving twin for DH to come out shining in his tests. I know it will be good!! :appl:

--- Laurie

Aww, thank you so much Laurie! Big (((hugs))) to you!

TooPatient- I'm sorry-that is not a fun situation to be in. Personally, I am now pretty good at setting boundaries so I would be OK with saying no but I understand how that isn't always the easiest path to take. Hoping it goes better than expected!

NonMarie- I know. It's like do people change when they are behind a computer? Is it like those aggressive drivers who think they are invisible behind the wheel so can behave rudely? I am not sure what happens to some people when they feel they are anonymous but for one, I am pretty much the same person IRL as behind the computer or car wheel!

Chemgirl, sorry about that! Hope you can fix it without much trouble. Sigh, our men mean well but sometimes they don't use their brains as effectively as we can lol.

Sorry Niel... Hope it gets resolved painlessly!

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy!

I didn't know you were going through this...

Thinking of you and hoping your DH's results come back good.

rubyshoes

Brilliant_Rock
VRBeauty|1363928767|3410911 said:
Polished|1363920870|3410835 said:
Bad night last night with our 9 year old golden retriever rescue dog Tyson. He gets the collywobbles badly when there's a thunderstorm and last night's was a cracker. Huge flashes of light followed by long silence before an almighty rumble and roar. We're all a bit tired today. Tyson, on the other hand, is probably peacefully sleeping off his excesses.

A friend of mine who fosters rescued aerdales has had good success with something called "thundershirts...."

My dog is terrified of t-storms and I use a Thundershirt on her! She loves it. It absolutely works! :appl: And it's not very pricey, I bought mine for 26 bucks on amazon. Definitely get a Thundershirt. http://thundershirt.com/ At this point, when she hears thunder, she whines and walks into the den where I keep the shirt in a drawer. She knows I will put it on her :)) Also works great for 4th July fireworks.

rubyshoes

Brilliant_Rock
VRBeauty|1363928767|3410911 said:
Polished|1363920870|3410835 said:
Bad night last night with our 9 year old golden retriever rescue dog Tyson. He gets the collywobbles badly when there's a thunderstorm and last night's was a cracker. Huge flashes of light followed by long silence before an almighty rumble and roar. We're all a bit tired today. Tyson, on the other hand, is probably peacefully sleeping off his excesses.

A friend of mine who fosters rescued aerdales has had good success with something called "thundershirts...."

My dog is terrified of t-storms and I use a Thundershirt on her! She loves it. It absolutely works! :appl: And it's not very pricey, I bought mine for 26 bucks on amazon. Definitely get a Thundershirt. http://thundershirt.com/ At this point, when she hears thunder, she whines and walks into the den where I keep the shirt in a drawer. She knows I will put it on her :)) Also works great for 4th July fireworks.

rubyshoes

Brilliant_Rock
NonieMarie|1364073094|3411898 said:
chemgirl, we are in the process of choosing flooring; maple is the frontrunner. How is it possible that after you cleaned the kitchen floor so many times, that there was enough baking soda to do that much damage? This is making me nervous :confused: . I've had hardwood before but it wasn't brand new so I wasn't too careful with it.

Whatever you do, if you have dogs absolutely do not get bamboo. I got bamboo because it's so eco-friendly and the darn floors get very easily scratched and scuffed. :errrr:

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
I had one dog who trembled & cried in storms; the others didn't even notice them, except my Buck. He sailed right on until he got old -- then was really really nervous when it thundered. I think their hearing isn't as good & they feel insecure not knowing exactly where the sound is coming from, or maybe what it is...or something. Feel so sorry for them. Big hugs for Tyson.

Thanks Laurie, one of my neighbours said her golden retriever had not been scared of thunder for the first five years of her life and then it had suddenly kicked in. Rather mysterious. They're such egos - we might be all calm and collected but this doesn't help them - the thunder is directly coming to harm them.

You've convinced me rubyshoes, I will get a thundershirt - the tshirt is not cutting it. I think it is the security of something fitted nugly surrounding them that provides relief. My sister-in-law, who breeds Siberian Huskeys and also boards many other dogs has used them with success in many different situations with a dog that needs to be calmed down. She put a tshirt on Tyson when we collected him from her and he was settling into our home, after the first eight years of his life with his previous owner. Dogs are also creatures of habit and repetition. Simply knowing that something is done at a time of distress possibly helps to disarm it.

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
NonieMarie|1364073094|3411898 said:
chemgirl, we are in the process of choosing flooring; maple is the frontrunner. How is it possible that after you cleaned the kitchen floor so many times, that there was enough baking soda to do that much damage? This is making me nervous :confused: . I've had hardwood before but it wasn't brand new so I wasn't too careful with it.

I think the damage was so bad because he was pushing it back and forth over the same spot and using the "stuck on food" scraper part of the swiffer. I really am at a loss with what to say to him about this one. Its just sooooooo dumb. He's usually very smart, but not when it comes to house things.

Our front light currently doesn't work because he decided to change it to a motion sensor WHILE IT WAS SNOWING! The caulking wouldn't adhere (snow and ice will do that) so now the junction box is full of water and I had to cut the power.

We have a rule where he has to consult me before doing any house work (I usually don't know what to do either, but I'll take the time to look it up or call somebody, lol).

Anywho, the floor is holding up fairly well for the most part. There was an incident where some heavy furniture was dragged across the floor and there is a mark from that. There is also a small dent from where I dropped a plate. My parents had oak flooring and I do remember it being a bit more durable than the maple. If I had a do-over I would probably go with a more rustic finish (like hand scrapped) so little marks would be less obvious.

Goodluck with your remodel!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I threw out several tubes of unused lipstick and gloss. Big step...for me! :o :saint:

cheers--Sharon

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My mother simply cannot resist laying a guilt trip on me... I think it's almost subconscious on her part.

She's in the middle of a very slow recovery from bronchitis that had her hospitalized for five days last month. A few days ago my oldest brother (he and his wife had been staying at my parents's house for the week) rushed her to the hospital due to her shortness of breath. Another brother and a nephew also visited this weekend - everyone left today. I called to see how she's doing and asked whether she needs me to come stay with them for a few days. She said no, my SIL left several days' meals, and it was so much more restful now that everyone had gone home and she's arranged for a maid service to come in for a few hours next week. My parents live about 2 hours away. I'm sure I offered to go there and stay for a day or two several times during our conversation. I was last there two weeks ago.

As we were saying good-night she sign off with "I know you're very busy and it's so hard for you to come up here, but I do like to see you."

Whaaaaat? I just offered... and offered... and offered... and she pulls this stuff on me???

I swear she doesn't even know she's doing it -- passive-agressive behavior is just sort of a way of life for her -- but it still pushes my buttons!

OK, OK... I let it push my buttons. Some habits are hard to break! :lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VRBeauty|1364183952|3412724 said:
My mother simply cannot resist laying a guilt trip on me... I think it's almost subconscious on her part.

She's in the middle of a very slow recovery from bronchitis that had her hospitalized for five days last month. A few days ago my oldest brother (he and his wife had been staying at my parents's house for the week) rushed her to the hospital due to her shortness of breath. Another brother and a nephew also visited this weekend - everyone left today. I called to see how she's doing and asked whether she needs me to come stay with them for a few days. She said no, my SIL left several days' meals, and it was so much more restful now that everyone had gone home and she's arranged for a maid service to come in for a few hours next week. My parents live about 2 hours away. I'm sure I offered to go there and stay for a day or two several times during our conversation. I was last there two weeks ago.

As we were saying good-night she sign off with "I know you're very busy and it's so hard for you to come up here, but I do like to see you."

Whaaaaat? I just offered... and offered... and offered... and she pulls this stuff on me???

I swear she doesn't even know she's doing it -- passive-agressive behavior is just sort of a way of life for her -- but it still pushes my buttons!

OK, OK... I let it push my buttons. Some habits are hard to break! :lol:

OMG, VR, my mom does the very same thing to me! So annoying, so frustrating, so maddening!! She really knows how to push my buttons for sure. :nono: Sometimes I Just think I should just ignore it and sometimes I waste energy arguing about this with her. I mean we cannot control their behavior right? We can only control our reaction to their behavior.

I hope your mom's recovery goes smoothly and I hope she doesn't push any more of those darn buttons,,,but if she does don't let it get to you! (I know, so much easier said than done but don't let it get to you if you can!!)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CJ2008|1364148235|3412337 said:
Missy!

I didn't know you were going through this...

Thinking of you and hoping your DH's results come back good.

Thank you CJ! And I am thinking of you this week (I think this is the week you are having your "guest") and I hope all goes well and that time flies!!

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock
I just want to say, I have had the most delightful weekend in a pretty sweet hotel got lots of sun,slept in, massage and swam in the gulf! Oops, sorry those of you in snow still!! Now I am completely relaxed and ready to deal with my crazy brother . Wish me luck!

imageuploadedbytapatalk_hd1364219929.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk_hd1364219958.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
:appl: Elisa!! I wish i was there with you --- I'd like some of that warmth to get me thru too!

I hope it all goes better than expected with your brother. I have been repeating a phrase over and over And OVER, that my sister taught me and I say a lot --- You can't control people places or things--- so just focus on yourself and when things get even more tense, just put your mind back to this beach paradise.... breathe deep and know you are a good person...

SB621

Ideal_Rock
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTEEEEEEEEEE INCOMPENTENT CO-WORKERS!!!! Yes PLEASE let me do your job for you because you are lazy. ARGGHHHHHHHHHH......sorry just had to get that off my chest! :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Feeling better now, sarahbear?? I'm with ya on that sentiment --- frustrating when people do not pull their weight!

Hope this person clues in quickly and starts to improve.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
missy said:
TooPatient- I'm sorry-that is not a fun situation to be in. Personally, I am now pretty good at setting boundaries so I would be OK with saying no but I understand how that isn't always the easiest path to take. Hoping it goes better than expected!

TP - unlike Missy, I am horrible at setting boundaries but even I would say no to this. If its his first Fathers Day with her in 8 years you can't possibly ask him to share it with his ex's sister. I hope you find a good solution.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
I can't sleep. My husband nearly choked to death today. A piece of meat got stuck in his throat and completely blocked his airway.

I had to administer the Heimlich manoeuvre and save his life. It worked on the 7th or 8th attempt. He was already starting to lose consciousness at that point. I was about to call an ambulance just as we dislodged the obstruction. I was mentally preparing to slice through his trachea with a kitchen knife.

I've never been so scared in my life. It's very different trying to save a loved one, you start to panic. With a patient, I can keep a cool head.

I'm getting an emergency tracheostomy kit to keep at home from now.

I'm still very shaken.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Oh my God Rosetta. That is terrifying! Thank goodness you were there to save him!! Prayers and dust that you never have to do anything like that again.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Rosebloom|1364258903|3413331 said:
Oh my God Rosetta. That is terrifying! Thank goodness you were there to save him!! Prayers and dust that you never have to do anything like that again.

I really thought he was going to die, especially when the manoeuvre didn't look like it was working. I don't even want to think about what would have happened if he was alone. ;(

Thank you for your prayers, we need them!

D

Deactivated member 42515

Rosetta! My goodness! What a scary scary ordeal! I would probably panic and panic and forget the Heimlich maneuver! Good thing you're a doctor! But still so scary when its a loved one!

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
YT|1364260055|3413353 said:
Rosetta! My goodness! What a scary scary ordeal! I would probably panic and panic and forget the Heimlich maneuver! Good thing you're a doctor! But still so scary when its a loved one!

Thank God some sort of training kicked in. But I was still s*** scared. And it's hard to do abdominal thrusts on someone bigger than you, who's about to collapse. Im making it a priority to teach the Heimlich to everyone I know. Im very glad I taught my aunt when we visited her overseas recently. She's got a two year old at home.

If anyone reading this has not undertaken first aid training Inc the Heimlich, please do so ASAP.

The parient is asleep next to me and I'll probably spend all night watching him breathe. :sick:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
rosetta|1364258614|3413328 said:
I can't sleep. My husband nearly choked to death today. A piece of meat got stuck in his throat and completely blocked his airway.

I had to administer the Heimlich manoeuvre and save his life. It worked on the 7th or 8th attempt. He was already starting to lose consciousness at that point. I was about to call an ambulance just as we dislodged the obstruction. I was mentally preparing to slice through his trachea with a kitchen knife.

I've never been so scared in my life. It's very different trying to save a loved one, you start to panic. With a patient, I can keep a cool head.

I'm getting an emergency tracheostomy kit to keep at home from now.

I'm still very shaken.

OMG, how terrifying rosetta! You poor dears! Thank goodness you were there and you are a doctor! One of my gf's will not allow her 2 boys to eat at home when she or her dh are not home for this very reason! I thought she was being a bit overprotective (and this woman is really not the overprotective kind I promise you so I was surprised at this rule) but I realize now that perhaps she is just being smart. Terrifying ordeal and I am so relieved your dh is OK. Big (((Hugs))) to both of you. You done good girl!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rosetta!! I'm glad he's sleeping safe and soundly beside you!! Very scary indeed! Last January I was at a destination wedding and did the heimlich on one of the guests. It takes a LOT of pressure to thrust w enough force to dislodge the obstruction and I was shaken for quite some time as well. Thankfully I had another nurse on site too, but still...you just can't picture using that skill until you are in the scene and autopilot kicks in. It was a very strenuous procedure.

Get some sleep! Are you having him checked out for internal bruising in the morning??

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rosetta - how frightening! I'm glad you were finally able to dislodge it without resorting to a steak knife!!!

BTW... You go, girl - ROSETTA ROCKS!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results