color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VRBeauty|1363671498|3408438 said:
Dancing Fire|1363671189|3408437 said:
my daughter just received her 3rd promotion since she started working for the state 3.5 yrs ago... :appl:

:appl: Good for her!
yeah,it is some kind of IT job... :confused: hope my younger daughter can find a full time job soon.

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
hawaiianorangetree|1363656363|3408260 said:
Thanks Guys. Nonie, I wonder that as well, but if a 12 year old who knows nothing about diamonds can pick it?...
It's not just the diamond anyway, this one in particular, the bezel is a bit rough in one spot and is a yellow colour, so I don't think it got dipped properly either.

I'm so sorry to hear about this HOT.

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
NonieMarie|1363652895|3408208 said:
HOT, I am sorry this has happened again. :cry: I am floored. I would have thought, with all the attention, you would have been given VS just to make sure you were happy. Are you sure you are not being too critical? :ugeek: Maybe you need to just return it, if possible, and then go to WF or BGD. Remember, you will pay a premium but maybe it would be worth it to you. I hope, when everyone knows you posted the result, They won't be out for blood. Things turn nasty :angryfire: , real quick, here.

I would have thought so too

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
I am so proud of my husband right now. He passed his final professional exam! Which also means he is now on track to take up the 6 figure salary position of his dreams this September. I'm trying not to be jealous as his salary will soon be almost twice as much as mine. And he gets to work 4 days a week.

Must try harder. :cheeky:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
rosetta|1363682856|3408470 said:
I am so proud of my husband right now. He passed his final professional exam! Which also means he is now on track to take up the 6 figure salary position of his dreams this September. I'm trying not to be jealous as his salary will soon be almost twice as much as mine. And he gets to work 4 days a week.

Must try harder. :cheeky:

Good for him Rosetta!!! Ya know, higher salary means more bling to buy!! :appl: :cheeky:

Dancing Fire said:
my daughter just received her 3rd promotion since she started working for the state 3.5 yrs ago... :appl:

Yay!!! Very nice DF! You must be very proud of her! :appl:

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
You speak the truth missy!

Who needs a house anyway? :cheeky: :bigsmile: :cheeky: :bigsmile:

DF your daughter certainly knows what she's doing, good on her! :appl:

CrazyBirdLady

Shiny_Rock
HOT I'm really sorry to hear its still not right. It sounds like a refund might be the best option and you can forget that this ever happened. I wish you all the best and I hope this goes as smoothly as possible

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Elisateach|1363529961|3407083 said:
Well if we are shouting out our hate for close family members ... I am loathing my brother right now. He is a lying stealing psycho path who makes me want to throw things!
He is the executor of my mothers estate and my sister and I just found out he has spent all her money and now wants to sell her stuff that we were going to divvy up, to pay more "estate debts"
He also sent me a 42 page email enumerating every way I have wronged him since the beginning of time! He is 55 years old for Gods sake!
Good thing I got the jewelry out of the house before he got his hands on it. We were supposed to divide it up with me being in charge so that was done 2.2 years ago!!! Grrrrr any estate lawyers out there????

What has he spent the money on?? You can and should ask for an accounting of every transaction. Absolutely, get a lawyer.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Elisateach|1363536754|3407147 said:
Believe it or not, the executor can sell items to pay debts without consulting the beneficiaries HOWEVER most are considerate enough to check first and see if they want anything from the estate. If need be they then purchase the items from the estate. He has not done that. Plus he used the money my mom left to pay off his credit cards. He has been living off the grid for years and was using my moms accts as his own. So when she died he just used her money to pay his debts under the guise of settling the estate. We will only get an accounting of the havoc after he is done! It's crazy . If I was a real nasty person the IRS would be breathing down his back right now!
The one thing that has helped me deal with his verbal abuse is understanding the karma law of mirrors;-)
Someone sent me this after a particularly nasty interaction with him, that they witnessed.

If he was the beneficiary of her bank account, the bank would have put the money into his account, or an account he set up. That money would then NOT be part of the estate, and he could spend it however he wanted. If he was not the beneficiary, named by your mom, then he cannot spend the money on himself.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
hawaiianorangetree|1363656363|3408260 said:
Thanks Guys. Nonie, I wonder that as well, but if a 12 year old who knows nothing about diamonds can pick it?...
It's not just the diamond anyway, this one in particular, the bezel is a bit rough in one spot and is a yellow colour, so I don't think it got dipped properly either.

HOT I'm so sorry honey- I know you live overseas so this is probably extra frustrating for you as you have to deal with taxes, shipping etc. I hope you don't take this wrong as I mean it in the best way possible but you might have champagne wishes on a beer budget IYKWIM. The vendor in question get's recommended alot because they are affordable they cut corners to bring down their price point. I think alot of PSers who have the PS eagle eyes don't go there themselves because they know they would probably be unhappy with the outcome (workmanship or quality of diamonds used). Not that they are bad by any means. I think at this point if you want a DBTY you will need to pay the preimum and go with WF or BGD.

Hugs honey! I'm sorry this is so frustrating for you right now. I know I bought my DBTY from BEG on the pre loved section years ago (orginally from BGD) and I LOVE IT! I wear it religiously. I probably have only taken it off a few times in the last 2 years. So don't let them get you down! Start fresh and get a necklace you will love (and one your daughter will probably try to borrow as well :appl: ).

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Elisa, I'm so sorry you're going through this. Estates can wreak SUCH havoc within families. Money & stuff bring out the worst in some people. Both my mom's lawyer & accountant said they had seen siblings & in-laws actually have fist fights -- & I can understand the impulse in some cases to knock a relative's block off. Definitely find a good estate lawyer. I hope it gets straightened out ok. Your friend's advice is on the mark; a zillion times I've realized accusers of others are really describing themselves & to be honest, have caught myself doing that once in a while. Pity your brother -- he hasn't much inside of him.

I realized that about my aunt, who glommed onto all my grandmother's stuff -- several generations' worth of silver & porcelain and equally if not more important, family documents. A letter from my great-grandfather describing what he did in the Civil War & his meeting with Sherman & Grant; 2 phonograph records my uncle made during WWII detailing several spy missions he did & the true story about PT109 (NOT what legend says -- he was JFK's commanding officer); a journal he kept about the bombing of the Philippines & his escape; more I can't remember. I don't know what happened to them. They are gone. As a lover of history, that hurts me more than the things.

I HATED her (also for her abuse of my grandmother & my mother) until it finally hit me that she was sad & sick & had several screws loose. Only a partial human being. Then I pitied her. Took some work, but it felt wonderful to ditch her, emotionally. Not forgive her or love her, just let her go because she was nothing.

--- Laurie

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HOT - Maybe a refund would be best in this situation, or trying to sell it in preloved?

OR - would you be open to eliminating that pesky bezel(s) from your necklace, and creating DBTY mother/daughter bracelets?

For my DBTY, I requested a quote from IDJ and ERD. ERD came down in price to be about $200 differential from IDJ, but provided F/G VS melee. I am extremely happy with my ERD DBTY. WF and BGD were way out of budget. I would recommend speaking to ERD if you decide to start anew.

I would be crushed if what happened to you with your DBTY happened to me... :(sad Jewelry is a luxury that makes me happy, and when it goes wrong, it's so beyond disappointing.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Oh HOT - I've been wondering how it turned out and I'm so so so sorry it'd still not right! What a mess. Grr.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
PintoBean said:
HOT - Maybe a refund would be best in this situation, or trying to sell it in preloved?

OR - would you be open to eliminating that pesky bezel(s) from your necklace, and creating DBTY mother/daughter bracelets?

For my DBTY, I requested a quote from IDJ and ERD. ERD came down in price to be about $200 differential from IDJ, but provided F/G VS melee. I am extremely happy with my ERD DBTY. WF and BGD were way out of budget. I would recommend speaking to ERD if you decide to start anew.

I would be crushed if what happened to you with your DBTY happened to me... :(sad Jewelry is a luxury that makes me happy, and when it goes wrong, it's so beyond disappointing.
This is very good to know. Did you do a thread on it? If not I'm sure people would love to see another budget friendly option especially after HOT's nightmare!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the pressure, Rosebloom! :errrr: I mean push to post! :bigsmile:

I actually added and received off our wedding registry an ollo clip for the sole purpose of taking and posting pictures of bling, but work has been so unhealthily all consuming that I have fallen way, way behind... try a year +... maybe 2!! ;(

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
General whining here:

So hubby heads to his event tomorrow am. And I still don't have the sparklie I told him he was buying me.... whine whine whine.

Good Note:

Had my formal eval...all signs look good. :D Am waiting the results it's been a long while waiting (the eval was waaay back on 3/7)...

Me thinks that if I get a bonus/raise...it will go toward a different sparklie (as in something other than the trinity as that's what dh owes me)!!!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
HOT, I had a bad and very expensive experience with a popular PS vendor, and it has taken me almost 3 years to get back on the jewelry bandwagon again. In the interim, I have only bought stones because I felt so badly about the semi-custom project. I was also very shy to criticize the vendor on PS because they are so popular.

I hope this works out for you. In my case, I had to get the piece altered by another vendor to get the result I wanted. The original vendor paid for the alteration when I posted about my experience on PS.

D

Deactivated member 42515

Cozystitches said:
General whining here:

So hubby heads to his event tomorrow am. And I still don't have the sparklie I told him he was buying me.... whine whine whine.

Good Note:

Had my formal eval...all signs look good. :D Am waiting the results it's been a long while waiting (the eval was waaay back on 3/7)...

Me thinks that if I get a bonus/raise...it will go toward a different sparklie (as in something other than the trinity as that's what dh owes me)!!!
Cozystitches' DH!!!! Where is her trinity!!! Gang Cobra is gonna come get you! :)

What different sparkly are you thinking of!

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
YT|1363750579|3409230 said:
Cozystitches said:
General whining here:

Good Note:

Cozystitches' DH!!!! Where is her trinity!!! Gang Cobra is gonna come get you! :)

Yeah, I'll send the Diamond Gang after him, YT and the Sparkle Gang! lol :D

Sparklie as in singular??? :lol: :lol: :lol: Ok, so am thinking diamond bezel bracelet. I tried on a swarovski bezel bracelet and it was perfect to stack with my now fixed bracelet. I just need to figure out what ct weight it was. If it had been under $50 I would have purchased it but at $115 it was too much for fake.

Either that or maybe some baby bezels as I've been reading those threads. :D

D

Deactivated member 42515

Cozystitches said:
YT|1363750579|3409230 said:
Cozystitches said:
General whining here:

Good Note:

Yeah, I'll send the Diamond Gang after him, YT and the Sparkle Gang! lol :D

Sparklie as in singular??? :lol: :lol: :lol: Ok, so am thinking diamond bezel bracelet. I tried on a swarovski bezel bracelet and it was perfect to stack with my now fixed bracelet. I just need to figure out what ct weight it was. If it had been under $50 I would have purchased it but at $115 it was too much for fake.

Either that or maybe some baby bezels as I've been reading those threads. :D
Haha oops! Sorry! SPARKLIES! Plural!

I looooove the baby bezels!!! They are perfect for everyday wear!

Maybe your DH is gonna surprise you with your trinity tomorrow?

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
YT|1363751147|3409240 said:
Maybe your DH is gonna surprise you with your trinity tomorrow?

BWAHAHAHAHAHA! If he did I'd fall over from shock! He's leaving at 3am, so if there's a sparklie in the very near future I'm not sure I'd be conscious to fully appreciate it. ;-) It'd be amazing though! I had thought that he'd surprise me for my birthday 2 weeks ago, but no :( :nono: :nono:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IT'S RAINING!!!!!

Not heavily, but sort of steadily... and this could be the first measurable rain of the year for us!

(plus it makes the yard work I did this weekend worthwhile!)

D

Deactivated member 42515

MINIMS said:
IT'S RAINING!!!!!

Not heavily, but sort of steadily... and this could be the first measurable rain of the year for us!

(plus it makes the yard work I did this weekend worthwhile!)
Woo hoo! Awesome! It's nice when things work out like that!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's 4:22 a.m. All I want to do is wake up my little girl and snuggle her. I've worked all weekend, had guests, had a date night complete with babysitter, and I just want to hold my daughter forever and ever. Usually she wakes ME up! Now all I want is to wake HER up!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
monarch64|1363768017|3409406 said:
It's 4:22 a.m. All I want to do is wake up my little girl and snuggle her. I've worked all weekend, had guests, had a date night complete with babysitter, and I just want to hold my daughter forever and ever. Usually she wakes ME up! Now all I want is to wake HER up!

:)) I was up at 3am with DS. he came into the bedroom and said he didn't feel well. Poor guy was running a fever. He has been home from daycare and we have been snuggling all morning.

D

Deactivated member 42515

Awwwww sweetest thing I have ever read!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was debating posting this request or not because I hate to wear you guys out asking for dust but decided to go ahead...our derm found another suspicious spot on my dh and wants him to come in to biopsy it after looking through the previous mole safe he had done. The changes warrant a biopsy (seems my poor dh has been getting a lot of biopsies these days :(( ) so could I get PSers good thoughts, positive thinking and dust that everything will be OK? Thanks guys!

D

Deactivated member 42515

missy said:
I was debating posting this request or not because I hate to wear you guys out asking for dust but decided to go ahead...our derm found another suspicious spot on my dh and wants him to come in to biopsy it after looking through the previous mole safe he had done. The changes warrant a biopsy (seems my poor dh has been getting a lot of biopsies these days :(( ) so could I get PSers good thoughts, positive thinking and dust that everything will be OK? Thanks guys!
Of course!!!! Dust all the day for you! I'm sorry about your DH. I really hope that everything works out ok!

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
missy|1363860024|3410186 said:

Of course you may have a truckload of dust from me

DUST DUST SKN COVERING DUST!

I really hope the biopsy is completely benign xoxox

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1363860024|3410186 said:

DUST, DUST, DUST!!! Hugs too!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results