shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Remember that kids book that goes... "I'm having a very bad horrible no good day"? Ya --- lived it today and still have another 7 hours left before tomorrow....

I'm reminding myself to stay away from sharp objects, my cell phone and the puppy!!! :evil: :angryfire: :nono:

Is there something going on, way out in the universe??? ARGH!!!

D

Deactivated member 42515

Enerchi said:
Remember that kids book that goes... "I'm having a very bad horrible no good day"? Ya --- lived it today and still have another 7 hours left before tomorrow....

I'm reminding myself to stay away from sharp objects, my cell phone and the puppy!!! :evil: :angryfire: :nono:

Is there something going on, way out in the universe??? ARGH!!!
If you're avoiding your phone, how will I talk to you!!!!!! My lifeline!!!! My world!!!!!

I'm sorry you had a crappy day. Hugs to you.

Here's a tub of ice cream to drown your sorrows.

imageuploadedbytapatalk1363122130.jpg

two_little_birds

Brilliant_Rock
LOL pass me a tub of that ice cream over here too! :naughty:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
YUMMY!!! Icecream!!! My favourite is pralines n cream --- especially with a huge RIVER of that gooey caramel sauce --- YUMMMMMMM!!! :lickout: :lickout: :lickout: :lickout: :lickout:

No chocolate for me tho! 22 years chocolate free, no matter how bad the day was, I'm not going to start eating chocolate after that long without it!

But thanks for that, YT! You are a sweetheart!! :halo:

D

Deactivated member 42515

Enerchi said:
YUMMY!!! Icecream!!! My favourite is pralines n cream --- especially with a huge RIVER of that gooey caramel sauce --- YUMMMMMMM!!! :lickout: :lickout: :lickout: :lickout: :lickout:

No chocolate for me tho! 22 years chocolate free, no matter how bad the day was, I'm not going to start eating chocolate after that long without it!

Chocoholics anonymous?

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
YT|1363131540|3403298 said:
Enerchi said:

Chocoholics anonymous?

Is there one??? I'd be their supreme leader by this point!!! hahaha!!

D

Deactivated member 42515

Enerchi said:
YT|1363131540|3403298 said:
Enerchi said:

Chocoholics anonymous?

Is there one??? I'd be their supreme leader by this point!!! hahaha!!
Enerchi, there's no leader in chocoholics anonymous. We are all equal and here to help one another in the time of need.

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sigh. Just told my 5th grader that she's changing schools starting next year. ;( She's very upset, she's been at this school since 1st grade. Have to plan for HS (yes, I know 6th grade is still a ways off from high school) but my kids (and myself) are at a charter :appl: . HS open up classes to district schools first THEN charters get the left overs :angryfire: add to this fact that I'm not sure how I feel about having my daughter in my classes. I don't want anyone to feel that she's getting a break because she's my kid, nor do I want her to feel that mom's always harping on her because she's in my class.

Sigh. I'm nervous about it. Yes, I've done my homework in researching the school, and it's not far from our current school, but this is my BABY and she's going to be at a different school from her mama! :-o :-o :-o

I've known about her going there for a few weeks now, that school is a Magnet (read: enter the lottery system) so I didn't know for sure until the beginning of February. I also told my boss (Principal at her current school :-o ) today that she won't be going to our school next year either. That was scary, however with the new school's orientation on Thursday, I wanted to tell him before I told her AND before someone else saw me at the new school. I'm still scared.

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Cozystitches|1363143478|3403537 said:
Sigh. Just told my 5th grader that she's changing schools starting next year. ;( She's very upset, she's been at this school since 1st grade. Have to plan for HS (yes, I know 6th grade is still a ways off from high school) but my kids (and myself) are at a charter :appl: . HS open up classes to district schools first THEN charters get the left overs :angryfire: add to this fact that I'm not sure how I feel about having my daughter in my classes. I don't want anyone to feel that she's getting a break because she's my kid, nor do I want her to feel that mom's always harping on her because she's in my class.

Sigh. I'm nervous about it. Yes, I've done my homework in researching the school, and it's not far from our current school, but this is my BABY and she's going to be at a different school from her mama! :-o :-o :-o

I've known about her going there for a few weeks now, that school is a Magnet (read: enter the lottery system) so I didn't know for sure until the beginning of February. I also told my boss (Principal at her current school :-o ) today that she won't be going to our school next year either. That was scary, however with the new school's orientation on Thursday, I wanted to tell him before I told her AND before someone else saw me at the new school. I'm still scared.

Aw, I hope it's a smooth and easy transition that will lead to good things.

Why was it scary telling the boss/principal? It is kind of like saying "this school wasn't good enough"?

D

Deactivated member 42515

two_little_birds said:
So we just got back from Punta Cana last night around 2am... I am a zombie today! :shock:

I have PS withdrawl from not being on here for a week.
I have withdrawl already from our vacation (I keep saying things like... this time yesterday we were xxx)
I have LOADS of laundry to do now - boo!
I gained about 7 pounds in 1 weeks, I know I know, gluttonous pig! :lickout:

Back to my routine I go, and back to work tomorrow too! ;(
Aww I hate the day after vacation!!!

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
GemFever|1363143886|3403543 said:
Cozystitches|1363143478|3403537 said:

Aw, I hope it's a smooth and easy transition that will lead to good things.

Why was it scary telling the boss/principal? It is kind of like saying "this school wasn't good enough"?

That was my fear w/telling boss/principal. He was very understanding ('cause he's AWESOME!) about the issue which was great. I haven't always had such supportive administration, so that's where my concern came from.

ascari_2

Shiny_Rock
1347581542925_1105617.png

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock
I think I am doomed not to have any friends. We moved to Pennsylvania about seven years ago so no family around. I had become friends with a couple of neighbors, who also moved here from Maryland. We would have dinner over each others homes and our kids played together all the time. But ever since I had my son who is special needs, we don't talk anymore. I have tried to reach out to other parents in my lil guys class to maybe get our kids together at the park or play dates but have had no luck at all with that. Having a child on the spectrum is something not talked about much around here. So much so that my neighbor just told her 16 year old that he was autistic this past summer and he went off the deep end and refused to go to any therapy anymore. This neighbor drinks like a fish, smokes and yells obscenities at her kids all the time, so not really wanting to hang out with her.

My lil guy is so lovable and smart. Once you get to know him he steals your heart. He goes to school full time for kindergarden in August and my oldest will be starting college and I already miss them. It seems like I have been a SAHM forever and I'm looking forward to some me time but dreading it too. I don't have anyone but my DH to talk to about all this and while he is very supportive, I don't think he can really relate to how I am feeling at all.

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
CharmedOne|1363152472|3403659 said:
I think I am doomed not to have any friends. We moved to Pennsylvania about seven years ago so no family around. I had become friends with a couple of neighbors, who also moved here from Maryland. We would have dinner over each others homes and our kids played together all the time. But ever since I had my son who is special needs, we don't talk anymore. I have tried to reach out to other parents in my lil guys class to maybe get our kids together at the park or play dates but have had no luck at all with that. Having a child on the spectrum is something not talked about much around here. So much so that my neighbor just told her 16 year old that he was autistic this past summer and he went off the deep end and refused to go to any therapy anymore. This neighbor drinks like a fish, smokes and yells obscenities at her kids all the time, so not really wanting to hang out with her.

My lil guy is so lovable and smart. Once you get to know him he steals your heart. He goes to school full time for kindergarden in August and my oldest will be starting college and I already miss them. It seems like I have been a SAHM forever and I'm looking forward to some me time but dreading it too. I don't have anyone but my DH to talk to about all this and while he is very supportive, I don't think he can really relate to how I am feeling at all.

Aw, CharmedOne, so sorry to hear you're feeling down and your neighbors are being crappy people. Things will look up! Maybe some good people will move into the neighborhood. It will happen!

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks GemFever, Hopefully I meet some new people when it warms up. It's hard to meet people in the winter. My little guy loves the park, so we will see. I am seriously considering moving though but not for another year or two. The place I live now isn't very diverse at all.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Charmed one - I'm sorry you're finding yourself in such a difficult situation. I hope friends for both you and your son come into your life soon!

As for me... my clock is saying it's past time for me to be in bed, but my body is still on standard time. :roll:

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock
Same her VRBeauty, I guess I should try and get some sleep too. Thanks for your kind words. Sleep well.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Oh CharmedOne big hugs honey! I feel your pain in the aspect of moving to new places and starting all over again. I also have little kids, however I have found meeting other moms and becoming friendly with them has happend more so in classes like gymnastics or swimming where I kids engage together vs. the park. I know you said you have reached out to some of the mothers but perhaps try again. Now that winter is almost over they might have more interest? Regardless I hope you find some fantastic friends who will support you and your son. I remember you posting about him in another thread and he sounds like a doll! :appl:

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Hey, Charmed One, I know how you're feeling -- been there myself. Since you'll have a little free time, how about looking at places to volunteer? It's one way to meet people -- or offering to help out at the school -- doesn't need to be your little fellow's class, even. If there are courses available anywhere in subjects that interest you, maybe art classes, sewing, sky diving :D, whatever.

I realized after too much time on the pity pot that I didn't know people here because I was waiting for them to knock on my door -- had to get out & do the legwork myself. Surprises are out there! Hang in & give it a shot!

--- Laurie

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks SarahBear and JewelFreak, I will definitely look into more things outside of the home to do to meet more people since my little guy will be going to school full time. I will have to look around for some other gymnastics classes because the one in my area wouldn't take him. He is beginning to talk, so hopefully his vocabulary will grow because that will help with getting him into different activities.

Yes, I have written about him before and he is such a special little guy, who is really starting to thrive now. I just wish people could see what I see in him and I'm sure soon they will :)

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I'm sure they will.

On a seperate note, my mother works for a state that offerers programs for special needs children. You would be surprised that lots of the kids that participate do so because it is a great way for their parents to get out and meet other parents. My mom always said it was better therapy for the adults then then the kids. You might want to look to see if your city or state offers such classes. This is a great way to meet other parents and families.

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the info SarahBear. I will definitely look into it because I can honestly see how it would benefit the parents. Especially by having someone to talk to who understands first hand what you are going through and the challenges you face everyday. Thanks again SB!

D

Deactivated member 42515

I hate it when I don't immediately write down something I need on my grocery list and think "I'll write it later. I'll remember..." Yea right! I'm racking my brain right now trying to figure out what it was! Something important! Rawr!!!

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock
LOL YT, I hope you remember soon. I do that a lot, I say I gotta remember so and so, over and over again. I don't write it down and get to the store and totally forget what I needed so badly.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
CharmedOne|1363204229|3404097 said:
Thanks for the info SarahBear. I will definitely look into it because I can honestly see how it would benefit the parents. Especially by having someone to talk to who understands first hand what you are going through and the challenges you face everyday. Thanks again SB!

NP!!!

D

Deactivated member 42515

CharmedOne said:
LOL YT, I hope you remember soon. I do that a lot, I say I gotta remember so and so, over and over again. I don't write it down and get to the store and totally forget what I needed so badly.
Thanks! And it's something I usually don't get so its not saved on my phone! I'm trying to go through my motions of this morning but I'm drawing a blank!

D

Deactivated member 42515

Fabric softener! And it wasn't from this morning! Hahaha

It was last night! Phew! Finally!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's 84 degrees in Kansas City right now... :confused:

rubyshoes

Brilliant_Rock
Dee*Jay|1363388308|3405896 said:
It's 84 degrees in Kansas City right now... :confused: