Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooo.... thank you Zoe! Lots of luck and dust your way! :appl:

Kelinas

Shiny_Rock
canuk-gal|1367594203|3439619 said:
Kelinas|1367547436|3439254 said:
HI:

I will do the same in June for relief from the pain associated with post herptic neuralgia (had shingles in my face last year....and now I have neuralgia...)...hoping my DH's insurance will cover it... I won't need it in the back of my head or neck, but otherwise the injection pattern is similar to migraine sufferers...

Having head pain is miserable, isn't it? :(sad

cheers--Sharon

It really is :/ I've had numerous CAT scans, and they tell me that my blood vessels swell too much. It's frustrating but better now.
I really hope that this brings you major relief Sharon!

-from also a Sharon :)

Kelinas

Shiny_Rock
dragonfly411|1367593906|3439617 said:
I'm freezing. In FL. In May. That is all.
It was a nice 70 degrees in N. Central florida. Where in Fl are you?

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks, PintoBean! I wish I'd heard by now, but it's only been, oh, 7 hours since I left. I'm not very patient. :bigsmile:

Magpie09

Shiny_Rock
Kelinas|1367617285|3439849 said:
canuk-gal|1367594203|3439619 said:
Kelinas|1367547436|3439254 said:
HI:

I will do the same in June for relief from the pain associated with post herptic neuralgia (had shingles in my face last year....and now I have neuralgia...)...hoping my DH's insurance will cover it... I won't need it in the back of my head or neck, but otherwise the injection pattern is similar to migraine sufferers...

Having head pain is miserable, isn't it? :(sad

cheers--Sharon

It really is :/ I've had numerous CAT scans, and they tell me that my blood vessels swell too much. It's frustrating but better now.
I really hope that this brings you major relief Sharon!

-from also a Sharon :)

Hi Kelinas

I'm also a migraine sufferer. Have you tried physiotherapy? Do you live in the US? I don't live there so I don't know how Physios work in the US but I've been seeing a physio here and my migraines have cut down significantly. I used to get at least 2 a month... have to be in a dark room, no noise, nausea. Yuck. I tried to take medication only when they were at the most severe so I wouldn't build a tolerance to them and medications seem to give me weird side-effects as well (mainly insomnia which doesn't help my case) so I try to avoid using them.

Anyway the main theory behind the physio treatment is that medicines don't treat the underlying issue that's causing the migraines. For example your neck could be tight and this is referring to your head in the form of a migraine. The medication only puts a temporary mask over the pain/ issue so it will come back until you treat the cause. This is part of relatively new research so it is not widely recognised in the profession. Then again I don't really care because it works where the usual treatment methods don't!

Kelinas

Shiny_Rock
When I was in Korea, I had accupunture and acupressure treatments done. It did decrease the amount of migraines I had, but not the severity of them. That's when I started taking the pill abortive.
I also do the dark room, no noise but also nonstop vomiting and nausea for a minimum of 12 hours.
When I came stateside for the first time, my neuro played the "med game" and made me take 5 different migraine abortives (maxalt, sumatriptan, avitriptan, almotriptan and one other one I can think of)
They then put me on the nasal imitrex (sumatriptan) and 3 daily pills of Topiramate. I hate what this med does to my body.
But my insurance is being real mean about migraine treatments, so they won't cover accupunture.
Hence Botox

Magpie09

Shiny_Rock
Do you find the botox works on both the frequency and severity? I haven't tried it myself but I've been hearing about it more and more lately.

I've tried dry needling which is similar to acupuncture which I found help for a short period of time but like the medication it didn't fix my problem. My pain comes from the disc in my neck so whilst the dry needling released the muscles and alleviated some of the symptoms the problem was still there.

I'm a work-in-progress as my migraines are caused by an old injury however where previously they would come on randomly now they are only triggered by stress (tension in my shoulders and neck) so it is improving.

Physio has only recently become covered by insurance here. I find it frustrating because everyone responds to different treatment types. I know people that have been cured of by migraines by acupuncture/physio and yet it's all out of pocket. Doctors shoving pills down your throat for years/decades on the other hand.. :nono:

I hope you find something that works however if you ever end up in Aus let me know as I can recommend a few great physios.

Kelinas

Shiny_Rock
It reduces both, for me at least.
I totally understand the idea that its only a temporary fix but acupuncture in Korea is inexpensive so I didn't mind going in every 30-45 days, or whenever I did strenuous exercise or stress.

The Botox cost me 710$, technically $10 per injection, and the dr gave me a slight discount. But they aren't typical Botox shots.
It's always been a dream to go to Aus! I'm so jealous!

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
Snow in may... yuck :nono:

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
Kelinas|1367522294|3438949 said:
It's not fair that my 10 year old cousin has thicker hair than me. I wish I could go back to my pre-Topiramate days; this is BS. :knockout:

To cut my hair or not; to get bangs or not.
Either way, this is no bueno and depressive.

So, what did you decide??

Kelinas

Shiny_Rock
A trim and sideswept bangs on Monday sounds good. I'm currently in a Podunk little town and nothing Is open tomorrow
If I don't like the bang length, ill just go blunt :)

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
Kelinas|1367714716|3440487 said:
A trim and sideswept bangs on Monday sounds good. I'm currently in a Podunk little town and nothing Is open tomorrow
If I don't like the bang length, ill just go blunt :)

Yay! Nothing more relaxing than having someone else mess with your hair!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's raining here - YAY! Lots of nice big, fat raindrops coming down, with nearby thunder promising more to come!

Last week we had a few days with temps in the high 80's promising a long, hot summer. I'll take this mini reprieve!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I flew an airplane by myself for the first time ever! Did 3 takeoffs and landings then my instructor hopped out and I was on my own for the next 3 :bigsmile:

Excited!!

hay joe

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations!!!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Too Patient - That's AMAZING!

I'm excited to say we are pretty much moved in! Just have to finish our fence for the pups out back and unpack the books and get things organized how we want. YAY!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Sometimes I think the internet is a beautiful thing. Today my ex sent me a link to a radio show and in the description of the episode he sent me to, his dad is mentioned for calling in to argue with the host about a word usage they endorsed. It's just...it's just kind of wonderful to have this little bit of him floating out there, this recognition of him that is so, so perfect and true to his character and that nobody knew it was there until almost two years after he passed away.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
white pants + cellulite = :-o

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ugh, I feel really bad about what happened when I got home from work.

My cleaning lady scratched our floors (huge scratch) by dragging a chair while moving it to vacuum. I came home and saw it but didn't call her because I wanted to cool down a bit and wait to see what my dh said. He got home and said he could fix it (we have iroko wood flooring that is photosensitive and hence very difficult to repair when scatched) so I felt fine and wasn't going to call her and just wait till I saw her in person to ask her to be more careful.

However, my dh came out of the bedroom a few minutes later and said we have another issue. She spilled pink cough syrup all over the dresser and bed linens! How could she not have noticed and cleaned that up? And now it's been on the sheets for many many hours. Sigh. Did I mention it's bright pink and she also managed to get some on our comforter?

So, being the quick to react person I am I just had to call and share my unhappiness with her. So she puts her daughter on the phone for better translation (though I usually have no problem communicating with her) and through her daughter she denies ever moving any chair (really?) and she denies spilling any cough syrup. She keeps saying when she left the apt everything was fine. OK now I am getting more upset because she is denying it all instead of just saying she missed seeing the cough syrup spill (not sure how that could even be possible-it wasn't in just one spot) and sorry about scratching the floors and she would be more careful in the future. That's all I wanted to hear. But no, she kept saying she didn't leave the apt like that. So I said to her daughter (after I said I was very disappointed that she was denying it all) I don't think I could have her mother come back to us again.

So, I feel terrible. Because I think she needs the money and because I might have been too quick to react and harsh. It's just that she was denying what was obviously true and nothing aggravates me more than someone who lies. I never gave her any reason to be scared (of me) to tell me the truth. I'm a pretty nice person to work for and very easygoing that way. I am basically happy with a superficial cleaning and was never anything but sweet and lovely to her.

I feel so badly now but I will not call her to try and work it out because if she can lie about something so obvious what else have I misjudged her about. And on top of it all she had health problems last year and asked me to hold her job for as long as she needed it while she underwent treatment and I did. I told her that she would always have a job with us and that she shouldn't worry. That was over a year ago and she came back to us a few months ago. I kept asking her if she was OK to work and that there was no rush for her to come back and she said she was absolutely fine now and she brought her husband to help her the first few times when she returned but this time she didn't. So ofc I am second guessing my reaction and may be I could have been less quick to call her and be upset. It's just the lying really bothers me. Lying is something I am very sensitive about and just do not want to tolerate it. I can put up with a lot but if you lie to me that's the final straw.

Ugh, why don't I just take my time before I react to things. If I was cooler about it all when I called I might have started off differently and then she might not have lied to me. Though I was very polite when I called and it's just when she lied to me that I said I don't think we can have her come back again. :blackeye:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matata|1368147274|3443700 said:

What a timely post! I went to an inspection today with a client and as I was walking down the street I saw here and though, "White pants before Memorial Day--my grandmother would be HORRIFIED" And in addition to the seasonally inappropriate attire there was some cellulite going on there. Reinforced my decision to never buy white pants and wear them in ANY season.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, how could she have thought you wouldn't notice this though? Is there ANY possibility that the cough syrup was spilled in some other way (e.g., could a kitty have knocked over the bottle... ?)?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay|1368148749|3443710 said:

What a timely post! I went to an inspection today with a client and as I was walking down the street I saw here and though, "White pants before Memorial Day--my grandmother would be HORRIFIED" And in addition to the seasonally inappropriate attire there was some cellulite going on there. Reinforced my decision to never buy white pants and wear them in ANY season.

Thicker white pants are more forgiving. It's all about the fabric. :geek:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay|1368148908|3443712 said:
Missy, how could she have thought you wouldn't notice this though? Is there ANY possibility that the cough syrup was spilled in some other way (e.g., could a kitty have knocked over the bottle... ?)?

No because the cough syrup was put back with the cap on. She must have moved it while dusting (my dh keeps it on his dresser) and somehow spilled it and recapped it. It wasn't just on one spot either. Plus the cats aren't allowed in our bedroom. Weird. I feel badly because maybe she's not back 100% health wise like she kept saying she was and if she hadn't kept denying the whole thing I would have been OK. And the scratched floor is no easy fix. We had scratched it near the front door about 9 years ago while having a treadmill delivered and after numerous fixes you can still make the color difference out. That darn iroko.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

All who gazed upon me when I exited the dressing room were smitten with blindness. Whose effing idea was it to put 360 degree mirrors in dressing areas? Had to be a masochist. I've decided to go to the Vegas GTG wearing only full body Spanx...in black. I figure I can dress up the look by wearing a lot of diamonds and no one will be the wiser.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

HI:

Is it also possible given her health problems, she had someone else helping her who may have accidently done these things? Upsetting all 'round.

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matata|1368149336|3443721 said:

All who gazed upon me when I exited the dressing room were smitten with blindness. Whose effing idea was it to put 360 degree mirrors in dressing areas? Had to be a masochist. I've decided to go to the Vegas GTG wearing only full body Spanx...in black. I figure I can dress up the look by wearing a lot of diamonds and no one will be the wiser.

HI"

What happened to the white bandage dress??? No go for Vegas??

cheers--Sharon

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1368149737|3443725 said:

HI"

What happened to the white bandage dress??? No go for Vegas??

cheers--Sharon
I tried one on and it looked great until you get to my legs. I have really ugly legs, especially the few inches above my knees. I hadn't seen my legs for years, was afraid to look, and when I lost a ton of weight I thought, surely my knees have improved. Well if anything, they look worse and must stay encased in slacks for the safety of onlookers -- unless I can wear the dress with leggins.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I am sure you are being FAR too hard on yourself!!! But the idea of blinding onlookers with bling is OK in my book!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1368149269|3443719 said:

No because the cough syrup was put back with the cap on. She must have moved it while dusting (my dh keeps it on his dresser) and somehow spilled it and recapped it. It wasn't just on one spot either. Plus the cats aren't allowed in our bedroom. Weird. I feel badly because maybe she's not back 100% health wise like she kept saying she was and if she hadn't kept denying the whole thing I would have been OK. And the scratched floor is no easy fix. We had scratched it near the front door about 9 years ago while having a treadmill delivered and after numerous fixes you can still make the color difference out. That darn iroko.

I'm sorry you have to deal with this, both the stuff spilled all over and the issue with the cleaning lady herself.

About the white pants--yes, thicker fabric definitely helps now that you mention it. I can only recall one pair of white pants I ever owned that I was willing to go out in public in, and they were really white jeans made out of denim material. Now though that all jeans are about -81% cotton and 427% spandex I'm not sure that's even an option...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1368149592|3443723 said:

HI:

Is it also possible given her health problems, she had someone else helping her who may have accidently done these things? Upsetting all 'round.

cheers--Sharon

Hi Sharon-No on the extra help as my dh was home for about an hour after she arrived this morning. The last few times she had brought her dh but not this time. Re the health issues that is what is worrying me but she did seem fine the last few times I saw her in person and she kept insisting she feels great and I was very flexible on anything she wanted. And if she is feeling unwell why does she have to lie about scratching the floor and spilling the cough syrup on the bed? I never gave her any reason to lie to me and I just wish I could take back the call and start again. Because if she really needs the money she earns from her job with us I feel sick about firing her. I don't know what to do. Lying is a huge deal to me. It's not the scratch and mess I am so upset about. That was mildly aggravating. It's her behavior when I called her to discuss it.

Thanks DeeJay. I wish I knew how to *fix* this situation because people matter more than things but I just don't know what the right or best thing is to do here.
And yeah, it seems there is spandex in all clothing these days doesn't it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results