shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

kalomeli

Shiny_Rock
Circe, I hope this week will bring the end to your unfortunate episode! :nono:

And about myself: I'm a lazy procrastinating idiot, and I should have been doing my Master's Thesis and studying for an exam and I've done pretty much nothing... :errrr: But good things happen too: today I made a hill launch by using a handbrake successfully for the first time in my life! Yay me! :appl: :-o :???: :mrgreen:

SB621

Ideal_Rock
VRBeauty|1369149880|3451149 said:
Anyone who's watching Dancing With the Stars this year will know what I'm talking about -

Kellie and Derek's freestyle dance was sheer perfection on all levels. I'm so glad I decided to watch this season!

I have not watched a single episode but happened to see all the freestyles. It was beautiful! They were stunning! I loved how one of the judges was crying afterwards. I'm actually going to tune in tonight to see if they do it again since they said the most popular freestyle would be voted on and danced this evening.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Circe|1369152269|3451180 said:
I finally got the invoice from the jeweler who fixed my ring, and forwarded it to the jeweler who ruined the original.

And now my stomach hurts with stress because I want this to be OVER and am nervous it will continue to drag on.

Although, that may just be The Eternal Migraine talking.

This week is not my favorite.

Big hugs honey! I hope they pay it so this will just be over with for you. Are you going to be in Vegas for the TGT? If so I'm taking you out for drinks.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Circe|1369152512|3451185 said:
General shout-out to all the pantyhose hating ladies, apropos of Deej's post ... SockDreams.com. Best collection of stay-ups I've found.

P.S. - La Perla stockings are a complete and total waste of money. They run the second you look at them. On the other hand, the cheap kind you get at, like, the checkout line in the chain drugstores in France? Indestructible, and also roughly two bucks. Signs their culture may still be ahead of the game ....

I am just enthralled by this site!!! I love that the models aren't all toothpick legs, and the five toe pantyhose are fascinating to me!

Kelinas

Shiny_Rock
It's been such a long day. A dumba$$ man almost crashed into me because he didn't bother looking before he reserved. I drove into this ladies yard and had to park the car because my heart was racing. This as$hole then has the audacity to hop out of his truck and scream at me. I had a look of pure shock which quickly morphed into murderous. Then he walked away muttering that "Asians shouldn't be able to get a damn license in our country" which had me walking out of my car towards him. I don't care if your going to be racist, but if you have the balls to be racist, have the balls to say it to my face. Ugh!!!!!!!

2. I'm severely allergic to white gold. I had a three stone ring made while I was in Korea and the white gold prongs were made with no nickel (I guess because I never had a reaction to it). I slipped in my kitchen and put my hand out to brace myself and slammed my ring into the counter. Later I realized that both sidestones were loose :( I didn't wear it for 3 months bc I couldn't find the time to repair it. I just had it fixed (jeweler added gold to the existing prongs to secure the diamonds) and now I get a rash every time. I'm pissed off, I don't know what I can do with it now. Sigh. More than likely I'm going to sell the darn thing because this entire "red ring of hell" rash isn't working.

I'm off to have a beer or three.

D

Deactivated member 42515

Kelinas said:
It's been such a long day. A dumba$$ man almost crashed into me because he didn't bother looking before he reserved. I drove into this ladies yard and had to park the car because my heart was racing. This as$hole then has the audacity to hop out of his truck and scream at me. I had a look of pure shock which quickly morphed into murderous. Then he walked away muttering that "Asians shouldn't be able to get a damn license in our country" which had me walking out of my car towards him. I don't care if your going to be racist, but if you have the balls to be racist, have the balls to say it to my face. Ugh!!!!!!!

2. I'm severely allergic to white gold. I had a three stone ring made while I was in Korea and the white gold prongs were made with no nickel (I guess because I never had a reaction to it). I slipped in my kitchen and put my hand out to brace myself and slammed my ring into the counter. Later I realized that both sidestones were loose :( I didn't wear it for 3 months bc I couldn't find the time to repair it. I just had it fixed (jeweler added gold to the existing prongs to secure the diamonds) and now I get a rash every time. I'm pissed off, I don't know what I can do with it now. Sigh. More than likely I'm going to sell the darn thing because this entire "red ring of hell" rash isn't working.

I'm off to have a beer or three.

Ok.... Ummmm I'm seriously about to open up a can of whoop ass on this man!!!! Where's your shotgun you always carry in your car!!!!!!!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
What an audacious racist - he's at fault for being a careless driver, but the blame's on you because of your ethnicity? Right. What an idiot ....

I applaud you for resisting the temptation to incinerate him.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Busy busy busy :-o

We haven't been camping in a few years and we're getting ready to go with a group from FI's work (our exercise group). I'm trying to gather all of our supplies and make sure it is all still good. Got a couple of things to buy before leaving (toilet surround is top of list as I don't want to sit on our portable toilet with 20+ people wandering the same area :sick: ). Food to prepare. Icepacks to dig out of big freezer. And try to figure out how to cram it all in our CX-5!

My brother will be staying in our house while we're gone to take care of the cats & dogs. He did this last time too and stayed in our guest room. The problem is that we don't have a guest room now. "A" moved in with us last summer so the guest room became her room (she picked paint, bedding, etc, etc).

What do we do???

Do I have my 25 year old brother sleep on the couch? Have him sleep in FI & my bed? Have him sleep in "A"s room? (A is 13 year old daughter of FI who lives with us full time)

My mom had me sleep on the couch and gave my room to guests sometimes. She also had them sleep on the couch sometimes. I have NEVER seen people have guests sleep in their bed before (my parents, grandparents, etc) and I don't know that I'm comfortable with that.

What is normal? Ideas?
We've got two couches in the living room. Both are comfortable enough but not quite long enough to lay flat on.

ETA:
We do have a clean set of sheets to put on "A"s bed (she doesn't like them as well so never uses them) and different pillows for him to use in either place. No problem there.
"A" says she's okay with it, but I don't know if she means it? She's hard to read sometimes.
I don't want her to feel like it isn't her room but I also want my brother to be reasonably comfortable as he's doing us a favor. (4 cats & 2 dogs is a bit of a handful!)

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Too Patient - I think you let him sleep in your bed. It's kinda silly to ask him to sleep on a couch that he doesn't even sleep on when your bed is available. As for having him sleep in A's bed - why would it be any different (as in more acceptable) for him to sleep in her bed than in yours? I would be more protective of her feelings in this than yours, because of the reason you cited and because he's house-sitting as a favor for you, not her.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
VRBeauty|1369204159|3451687 said:
Too Patient - I think you let him sleep in your bed. It's kinda silly to ask him to sleep on a couch that he doesn't even sleep on when your bed is available. As for having him sleep in A's bed - why would it be any different (as in more acceptable) for him to sleep in her bed than in yours? I would be more protective of her feelings in this than yours, because of the reason you cited and because he's house-sitting as a favor for you, not her.

I agree with VR Beauty. I don't think it's odd for grown people, but as a 13 year old girl, I think I might have felt odd about it.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the help!

"A" has been looking forward to this camping trip. The kid down the street found out last week that his family may or may not be in town so I was left calling my brother for a back-up. Since he lives with our grandparents (an hour or more away), I didn't want to ask him to drive here multiple times a day and then have to go back home again.

Should be interesting!
"A" has never been camping except to a "campground" where they had showers & toilets with a restaurant close by. She started asking questions about the bathrooms and stuff like that yesterday and seemed a bit shocked that there aren't any! (it hadn't occurred to me until then that she didn't know what it is we're doing). Her other big surprise was no electricity :bigsmile:
Oh -- and the look on her face when she heard we're sleeping on the groud :lol: (in a tent with nice sleeping bags of course!)
Okay... so she's gone from looking super excited to a little nervous (what with 4 days no electricity!!)

Of course I'm bringing the makings for s'mores and hot chocolate!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think we just had an earthquake here in Sacto !.. :-o

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1369367499|3452889 said:

Or maybe 150 miles or so north of us. :wink2: I didn't feel it- I think I was on the road at the time.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VRBeauty|1369371062|3452904 said:
Dancing Fire|1369367499|3452889 said:

Or maybe 150 miles or so north of us. :wink2: I didn't feel it- I think I was on the road at the time.
Good to know that your still alive.. :lol:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just felt another one!

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
We live about 30 miles west of Sacramento. All day we were saying how strange our dog was acting. She wanted to stay right with us as we were working in the yard. We came in around the time of the quake but didn't feel anything. My mother called and said she didn't feel it but her pots on the pot rack started clanging and the clocks pendulum and weights were swinging back and forth. Mocha is acting normal today so I guess she doesn't sense anything.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been having severe vertigo all day. Never happened before. I woke up this morning, went out to the kitchen , and I nearly fell over from the room spinning Ever sense I cant walk or stand or even get up without the room spinning. Feels like I'm drunk, but haven't had a drink. I really hope it goes away soon I was planning on going to the zoo with my dh for the first time tomorrow. :(

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock
Niel said:
I've been having severe vertigo all day. Never happened before. I woke up this morning, went out to the kitchen , and I nearly fell over from the room spinning Ever sense I cant walk or stand or even get up without the room spinning. Feels like I'm drunk, but haven't had a drink. I really hope it goes away soon I was planning on going to the zoo with my dh for the first time tomorrow. :(

Inner ear infection? Migraine onset?
Hope you feel better soon

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Neil, it might be an inner ear infection - go to your doctor, they have a medicine they can prescribe to make the vertigo at least tolerable.

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Niel|1369521944|3453788 said:

Been there done that. I have to agree with others, you may need to visit a dr. However you can try Meclezine (sp?), or allergy medicine. You may have allergies. I woke up w/vertigo august 2010, I couldn't stand/walk/crawl and couldn't keep anything down. It was like I had gone on the Tilt a whirl for hours and my eyes kept spinning. It was awful, I went to ER, my bff had to all but carry me as walking was crazy, they gave me anti nausea meds intravenously and said to wait it out. It was horrible, it didn't wear off. My mentor teacher suggested taking allergy medicine. I began trying allergy meds, and finally found that Claritin D was the only thing that worked. I am FINALLY on loradine (which is in the generic Claritin D I was taking). Apparently this is something that is not unheard of, I found this out after talking w/the Pharmacy tech who had the same issue.

Sorry for the long story. I hope it feels better.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I HATE TODAY.

I am on Day 11 of The Eternal Migraine.

My husband is in Sweden visiting his family over the holiday weekend, which is great, except he got excited and texted me a picture at FIVE THIRTY IN THE MORNING.

Did you know sleep deprivation makes migraines worse?

Apparently my toddler does: he refused to nap. All day. For the first time ever. IT SUCKED.

Also, he scared the living daylights out of me by choking on his lunch.

Did I mention that I felt so crappy that I ordered in for lunch? Only, this being TODAY, it took two hours to arrive because INCOMPETENCE.

After I saved the baby, cleaned him up, got my heart out of my throat and back into my chest and sat down to eat, my cat started throwing up.

She threw up four times. A few minutes apart each time. Just long enough for me to clean it up and wash my hands and sit down to my lunc- oh, wait.

On the upside, the baby learned to say "poo." Also while I was trying to have lunch. Go on: guess what might have triggered it.

On the up side ... the household pact to keep me from eating may help with my diet?

Household pact to keep me from sleeping, less so: I ONLY JUST got the baby down to sleep. Don't care if his godmother likes to cuddle him down to sleep, we are SLEEP TRAINING THAT BABY. Because today, with my 5 hours of sleep and my migraine and my sleepless baby was DEEPLY UNPLEASANT.

I know I am blessed in oh-so-many-ways. But, srsly, I need tomorrow to go more smoothly, or I WILL GO INSANE.

Sorry. Just needed to vent a little ....

P.S. - A lot of you were awfully nice in my threads about the headache and the BPD stuff. I've been staying away from the computer because, well, migraine. But I appreciated every word, and am totally planning to respond, once I can convince this thing to GO AWAY.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Circe said:
I HATE TODAY.

I am on Day 11 of The Eternal Migraine.

My husband is in Sweden visiting his family over the holiday weekend, which is great, except he got excited and texted me a picture at FIVE THIRTY IN THE MORNING.

Did you know sleep deprivation makes migraines worse?

Apparently my toddler does: he refused to nap. All day. For the first time ever. IT SUCKED.

Also, he scared the living daylights out of me by choking on his lunch.

Did I mention that I felt so crappy that I ordered in for lunch? Only, this being TODAY, it took two hours to arrive because INCOMPETENCE.

After I saved the baby, cleaned him up, got my heart out of my throat and back into my chest and sat down to eat, my cat started throwing up.

She threw up four times. A few minutes apart each time. Just long enough for me to clean it up and wash my hands and sit down to my lunc- oh, wait.

On the upside, the baby learned to say "poo." Also while I was trying to have lunch. Go on: guess what might have triggered it.

On the up side ... the household pact to keep me from eating may help with my diet?

Household pact to keep me from sleeping, less so: I ONLY JUST got the baby down to sleep. Don't care if his godmother likes to cuddle him down to sleep, we are SLEEP TRAINING THAT BABY. Because today, with my 5 hours of sleep and my migraine and my sleepless baby was DEEPLY UNPLEASANT.

I know I am blessed in oh-so-many-ways. But, srsly, I need tomorrow to go more smoothly, or I WILL GO INSANE.

Sorry. Just needed to vent a little ....

P.S. - A lot of you were awfully nice in my threads about the headache and the BPD stuff. I've been staying away from the computer because, well, migraine. But I appreciated every word, and am totally planning to respond, once I can convince this thing to GO AWAY.

Oh Circe, I am so sorry you are suffering with this damn migraine. I wish I had some words of wisdom that would bring you much needed relief. Sending you good vibes, headache healing vibes and many many many well wishes. Also big (((hugs))) and I truly hope you are feeling much much better soon!!! Also big hugs to your little one. So sorry he (and you) had that awful scare and glad he is A-OK. So scary! Anyway I am keeping you both in my thoughts and hoping for real relief for you from that damn headache!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh, so sorry Niel. (((Hugs))) to you too and I hope you are feeling better soon! I agree with the others here. Please see a doctor if you are not feeling much better today! Healing vibes being sent your way!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cozystitches|1369534362|3453886 said:

Been there done that. I have to agree with others, you may need to visit a dr. However you can try Meclezine (sp?), or allergy medicine. You may have allergies. I woke up w/vertigo august 2010, I couldn't stand/walk/crawl and couldn't keep anything down. It was like I had gone on the Tilt a whirl for hours and my eyes kept spinning. It was awful, I went to ER, my bff had to all but carry me as walking was crazy, they gave me anti nausea meds intravenously and said to wait it out. It was horrible, it didn't wear off. My mentor teacher suggested taking allergy medicine. I began trying allergy meds, and finally found that Claritin D was the only thing that worked. I am FINALLY on loradine (which is in the generic Claritin D I was taking). Apparently this is something that is not unheard of, I found this out after talking w/the Pharmacy tech who had the same issue.

Sorry for the long story. I hope it feels better.

I have been having allergy problems. At least I think, I never had allergies before today. What you described sounds exactly like me other than I could keep food down. I haven't gotten out of bed yet today but feels a little better bit things still aren't great. I didn't want to go to the er I hate the idea of paying for it. My eyes don't hurt but they do feel plugged. I want to wait and go to the doctors but of course its the weekend. I feel so bad for me SO our DH is still under 1 and she needs a lot of attention that I just could not give her. Like diapers and food and playing.

Thanks guy! I wonder if the doctors is open tomorrow? I'm off to take some claritin.

Kelinas

Shiny_Rock
Circe|1369535098|3453892 said:
I HATE TODAY.

I am on Day 11

Did you ever go back to the pharmacy and work out the pill issue?
Is the Maxalt not working?

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Kelinas|1369578681|3454011 said:
Circe|1369535098|3453892 said:
I HATE TODAY.

I am on Day 11

Did you ever go back to the pharmacy and work out the pill issue?
Is the Maxalt not working?

Hi, Kelinas - I did, but after that first pill, it didn't seem to do anything. Placebo effect? I don't know. The doc called the next day to check up on me and was APPALLED that I'd been taking them every two hours (it's what the directions on the case say! as needed!) and prescribed me something called Fioricet instead, usually used for tension headaches. That did diddly-squat. He also wants me to get an MRI, but with my husband out of town ... it's not really an option.

It does feel much better today, and the weather in NYC has cleared up. I've never in my life had or even heard of a pressure headache being this bad or lasting this long, but ... some weird fluke, maybe? I HOPE SO. I'd be quite happy to never ever ever do THAT again.

Kelinas

Shiny_Rock
omg no!!!
You take one; if you don't feel better within 2 hours then you take another. You aren't suppose to take more than 2 in a 24hr period!
(I don't know what happens but I know my neuro pushed and pushed that into my head)

I've never had pressure headaches but I feel horrible for you. When is your husband due back?

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yikes - they should say that in there somewhere! But no harm no foul (I think, anyway - now I will Google in a panicky fashion). I took 3, maybe 4 in a 24 hour span? But it was a few days ago, and I don't seem to be having any ill effects.

Husband's not due back till Tuesday, so I'll just try for the MRI as soon as he touches down.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Circe - an ELEVEN DAY MIGRAINE!!!

OK, you mentioned the baby's godmother. Can she care for the wee one while you get an MRI? This has gone on way too long. Not that I'm telling you anything you don't know, but I'm really worried about you. I am a migraine sufferer, some of which have lasted for a few (MAYbe 3-4 days) and I will tell you that even I, after eleven days, would be parked in the ER.

At the very least, can the godmother take the baby for a whole night? Or several hours so you can sleep?

Can you go to one of those massage-in-a-chair places and see if they can work on your neck/shoulders?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results