color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Dee*Jay|1369589555|3454095 said:
Circe - an ELEVEN DAY MIGRAINE!!!

OK, you mentioned the baby's godmother. Can she care for the wee one while you get an MRI? This has gone on way too long. Not that I'm telling you anything you don't know, but I'm really worried about you. I am a migraine sufferer, some of which have lasted for a few (MAYbe 3-4 days) and I will tell you that even I, after eleven days, would be parked in the ER.

At the very least, can the godmother take the baby for a whole night? Or several hours so you can sleep?

Can you go to one of those massage-in-a-chair places and see if they can work on your neck/shoulders?

Thanks, Deej - sadly, I'm afraid it's just me this weekend. The husband is seeing family in Sweden, the best friend is celebrating a buddy's getting tenure in Washington, and my mother's health prevents her from taking care of the baby. (I am feeling a wee bit abandoned, frankly, though that's neither here nor there.) It really does feel a lot better today: what remains could well just be the effect of sleep deprivation (because, of course, after I posted last night it took another couple of hours to get the kiddo down because this is the weekend of all weekends for him to have terrible teething pains). The second I can hand him off to somebody, I'm making the MRI my top priority.

Kelinas

Shiny_Rock
Oh my. You make me wonder how the bottle looks like (from the pharmacy)
Whenever I get any abortives, it's plastered with all these warning labels.

I recommend trying to be in a mellow area - quiet, not bright area. Try to take naps if you can, lack of sleep is a huge trigger. No smoking or drinking alcohol. Try to drink a glass of water a hour - I had a friend who never ever drank water (ever. Just soda, energy drinks and juice)
She had a 4 day migraine and ended up in the hospital. Turns out she was SO dehydrated that her body was freaking out.
I'm sure this isn't your case, but drinking plenty of water won't hurt.
That's what I do.

Try to relax and not worry. I hope you feel better!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ugh. I'm sure this is just the two-week migraine talking, but having ONLY JUST gotten the teething baby down to sleep, I really AM feeling abandoned and unloved. I know it's a holiday weekend and all, but I kinda feel like somebody should have changed their plans when the migraine was going on a week and change.

Talk me down off of my raised-in-a-dangerously-codependent-family ledge: that's an irrational way to feel, right?

LibbyLA

Brilliant_Rock
Circe,

I hope you get some relief soon. I admire your sense of humor. I know your situation isn't at all funny, but your message about the cat being sick and the order-in lunch was really funny because of the way you told it. You have a gift.

liz

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I wore a sweater today because normally my office is kept freezing. Instead, they set it on a warmer temperature.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am taking the first part of the CPA exam in two hours and I am so nervous my lips are tingling.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay|1369769904|3455212 said:
I am taking the first part of the CPA exam in two hours and I am so nervous my lips are tingling.

Good luck Dee*Jay!!!!!! I hope it goes very well!!!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
missy|1369770027|3455214 said:

Good luck Dee*Jay!!!!!! I hope it goes very well!!!

I firmly believe that you are going to DOMINATE. Afterwards, treat yourself to a really nice dinner. :appl:

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wow, I'm slow. I was reading the interview in NY Mag with Will Smith and his son, and I ONLY JUST realized that instead of going the Jr. route, the cross-gender named the kids for one another (Will, Willow, Jada, Jaden). I think the last time I felt this "D'oh!" was when I realized the french eau de cologne and the Russian odikalon were the same word.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Good luck Dee Jay!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Circe|1369770637|3455223 said:
Wow, I'm slow. I was reading the interview in NY Mag with Will Smith and his son, and I ONLY JUST realized that instead of going the Jr. route, the cross-gender named the kids for one another (Will, Willow, Jada, Jaden). I think the last time I felt this "D'oh!" was when I realized the french eau de cologne and the Russian odikalon were the same word.

*mind blown*

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

FINGERS CROSSED!! and a heap of DUST DUST DUST that you pass with flying colours!!! Nothing like a huge big passing mark to make the LV trip just *THAT* much better!!!

Good luck, Dee*Jay!! :wavey:

D

Deactivated member 42515

I LOVE broccoli.

God's ultimate gift to mankind.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Missy, Circe, Dragonfly and Enerchi... but I'm afraid I may have blown this... There were moments when I wanted to raise my hand be say, "Um, hello. I'm here for the Audit portion of the CPA exam. So could someone please load THAT test onto my computer?"

OneFifty

Shiny_Rock
Dee - I know you were fantastic! I felt like I failed everytime I walked out of there, but somehow I passed! :shock:

Have you seen www.another71.com???

When I was taking the exam, this blog was pretty good at guessing when scores were released.

ETA - Haha. I just saw your text!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OneFifty, I JUST (as in, while I was at the exam) got an email saying my transcript request was received from Becker/Keller for the classes I finished a few weeks ago. So if they (Keller/Becker) behave they same way this time as they did last time it will take another week to actually mail it... then the State has to receive and process it... then and ONLY THEN will I even be able to check for my score. So I think they are being released around June 10 for this time period according to AICPA, but I am sure it will take me much longer to be able to view mine... ;(

OneFifty

Shiny_Rock
Ahh, I know the wait is agonizing. Let me know as soon as you find out.

D

Deactivated member 42515

Ahhhh! Dee*Jay! The wait must be unbearable!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YT, yes--that's the worst part! I am slotted to take the next part on July 1, so I literally have to start studying for that one TOMORROW or else I won't be ready, and without knowing if I passed or failed this piece...

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Circe|1369622763|3454266 said:
Ugh. I'm sure this is just the two-week migraine talking, but having ONLY JUST gotten the teething baby down to sleep, I really AM feeling abandoned and unloved. I know it's a holiday weekend and all, but I kinda feel like somebody should have changed their plans when the migraine was going on a week and change.

Talk me down off of my raised-in-a-dangerously-codependent-family ledge: that's an irrational way to feel, right?

I'm late to the party, but... no, it's not irrational to expect some help when you really need it, or to wish that someone would have changed their plans, under the circumstances. Gets into that whole expectations leading to disappointment thing, but NOT to the co-dependency thing.

Anyhow, I hope you're feeling better and rid of the migraine at last.

Dee - fingers crossed for you!

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
I had jury duty yesterday and got selected to sit on a jury. The case I'm on is a civil case and is expected to last 4-5 days.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I feel like poop this afternoon. Felt great until after lunch, even ran at lunch.

And I'm having a hard time helping a friend get through a very trying part of her life. I went through the exact same thing a few years ago, and I came out on top. She unfortunately hasn't, but is having a hard time letting go at the expense of her own reputation and I'm just having a hard time knowing how I am supposed to help. I feel like I was put in her path so that I could help her... but I have no idea how.

:blackeye:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just discovered the magic of Pandora radio. Sitting here in my office deeply immersed in 80s music... hello high school all over again!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
D*J, 1) fingers crossed for good results on the CPA!!! 2) I'm a super awful car mommy and haven't taken any more pictures of Savvy to show you on Saturday in Vegas, but I'll try and get a few before I leave tomorrow of the interior and the screens and stuff! Promise!!! 3) Did you see the news today about the supercharger network!!??! INSANE!!!

Oh...and 80s music is the best!!!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Just getting caught up on this thread. Circe, did you have your MRI? I used to have horrible migraines but they never lasted more than a day. I cannot imagine eleven days. I really hope things are looking up.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Next week is going to be the worst week of the year at work. ;( but that's OK because my ring should be in at the end of the week :praise:

justginger

Ideal_Rock
I should be studying, but I'm awake at almost midnight, trying to catch up on PS posts.

Final exams will be done in two weeks - after that I can stop neglecting my jewelry addiction. :halo:

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
SO decided he wanted me to have a bigger diamond than the one I have that I planned to use for the ering, so we are looking at .7-.8 range now YAY! Have one to look at tonight.

My dogs are psycho and adorable.

I'm farm sitting, and it's rainy. Do you still water the flowers in the rain?!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have 2 midterms tomorrow and another Thursday then on to finals next week. I am SO ready for this quarter to be over! But then I look at my study guides and wish for another month or two!
It has been a rough year. So many changes in life. Mostly good changes (I think!), but very stressful and upsetting events. I think the high stress has contributed to a lot of the illness too. Then of course my back injury from 10 years ago...
I'm just having a super hard time focusing on stuff this quarter and second guessing everything when I sit down to an exam. I know this isn't good. I know to relax and go in calm (and never 2nd guess myself while taking a test!). My body just refuses to follow those directions. I have the feeling my other exams weren't so good and I just don't feel like I'm going to do well in any of my classes. If I can manage at least a B out of my one class that is a prerequisite, then the others I can just take again later if I have to.

My plans for summer are to relax and just do the stuff that makes me feel better. I'll get a good head start reading ahead for my fall & winter classes. I also want to get the house organized so that I don't have the clutter around me going into the next year of school. Hopefully that will all help keep me relaxed and get me ready to focus some more.
And of course wedding planning fun! Yay!!! I can't wait to have time to actually start focusing on the fun details and pulling it all together. I know some people get super stressed and upset with the planning, but I truly love this! (okay.... says me right now - hopefully I can still feel that way as I start really working hard on it all!)

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just saw one of the dumbest movies ever. Okay... actually we only watched the first 15 minutes then skipped to the last 10 minutes. I had seen some reviews that suggested it might actually be really good. Of course I should have paid attention to the other reviews instead...

The entire movie was set INSIDE a casket. As in this guy was buried alive and all we saw through the movie was him in the casket trying to get out. Some just black with him breathing. Some lit by a lighter (come on! Enclosed space running out of oxygen and you're going to leave your lighter burning?!?). Some lit by the glow of the cell phone that someone buried in the casket with him.
There was certainly drama. Some hope that he will be rescued lots of fear that he won't. But I'm just not that interested in watching a guy hyperventilate and deal with being put on hold and transferred from one department to another when he calls for help.
(The movie is called "Buried")

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results