carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Rosebloom|1370176346|3457663 said:
Just getting caught up on this thread. Circe, did you have your MRI? I used to have horrible migraines but they never lasted more than a day. I cannot imagine eleven days. I really hope things are looking up.

Sweetie, thank you for thanking of me - YES, I finally had it on Friday, around day 17 of the headache, with an hour's wait and a REALLY PISSED OFF LADY going after me who was starting to angle for my spot when they called me in.

(I wasn't pissed at her ... actually sympathetic. But the math on "y'all made me wait an hour so therefore the person who was here an hour earlier should wait an hour longer" made my head hurt even more ... I attribute her bad planning to whatever headache hell had HER coming in for the MRI.)

MRIs? Weird, man. I'm glad I'm not claustrophobic: for the mother of an active toddler, it was actually weirdly soothing. Like, all I have to do is wear some earplugs, tense up for arrhythmic loud noises, and steel myself for a confined space? EVERY NIGHT WITH MY SNORING HUSBAND, but I can see how that might freak normal folk out. Me, I seem to have wigged out the tech when I pulled out my highly superior earplugs after he offered me the generic square kind.

My GP rocks. He called me on Saturday morning to tell me my brain was fine, because he didn't want me to spend the weekend worrying.

Then we had TWO massive thunderstorms in a row ... and once the pressure settled, so did the headaches. Bottom line, I am SO RELIEVED to not have a bellows in my head anymore ... I just hope it was a fluke thing and not something I can look forward to every time the pressure rises. You guys have been AMAZING through this whole thing - thank you, RoseBloom, for caring enough to give me a shout-out and for reminding me to post, but also, thank you EVERYBODY for being so supportive.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Circe|1370405089|3459213 said:
Just getting caught up on this thread. Circe, did you have your MRI? I used to have horrible migraines but they never lasted more than a day. I cannot imagine eleven days. I really hope things are looking up.

Sweetie, thank you for thanking of me - YES, I finally had it on Friday, around day 17 of the headache, with an hour's wait and a REALLY PISSED OFF LADY going after me who was starting to angle for my spot when they called me in.

(I wasn't pissed at her ... actually sympathetic. But the math on "y'all made me wait an hour so therefore the person who was here an hour earlier should wait an hour longer" made my head hurt even more ... I attribute her bad planning to whatever headache hell had HER coming in for the MRI.)

MRIs? Weird, man. I'm glad I'm not claustrophobic: for the mother of an active toddler, it was actually weirdly soothing. Like, all I have to do is wear some earplugs, tense up for arrhythmic loud noises, and steel myself for a confined space? EVERY NIGHT WITH MY SNORING HUSBAND, but I can see how that might freak normal folk out. Me, I seem to have wigged out the tech when I pulled out my highly superior earplugs after he offered me the generic square kind.

My GP rocks. He called me on Saturday morning to tell me my brain was fine, because he didn't want me to spend the weekend worrying.

Then we had TWO massive thunderstorms in a row ... and once the pressure settled, so did the headaches. Bottom line, I am SO RELIEVED to not have a bellows in my head anymore ... I just hope it was a fluke thing and not something I can look forward to every time the pressure rises. You guys have been AMAZING through this whole thing - thank you, RoseBloom, for caring enough to give me a shout-out and for reminding me to post, but also, thank you EVERYBODY for being so supportive.

Glad you are doing better honey. I was thinking about you on Monday as I had a split headaching. Glad you got relief! I don't know how you lasted so long without killing someone- I was ready to after an hour.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
YT|1369782641|3455337 said:
I LOVE broccoli.

God's ultimate gift to mankind.

I love broccoli too. I stuck it on a pizza last night. Yum. :lickout:

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
SB621|1370464688|3459624 said:

Glad you are doing better honey. I was thinking about you on Monday as I had a split headaching. Glad you got relief! I don't know how you lasted so long without killing someone- I was ready to after an hour.

I'm so glad your MRI was fine. You were starting to worry me a bit there!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last night I finally got to see Les Miserables - national touring company in a lush local theater production - and I have to say I was not blown away. About three songs in I leaned over to my companion and whispered the one word that kept repeating itself in my mind - "bombastic." Unfortunately "I Dreamed a Dream" provided only a hint of contrast. And - I'm not sure if it was the the theater (not known for its accoustics) or the direction, or just the nature of the beast - but it was difficult to make out most of the lyrics. The first act seemed like it would never end. There were some very cleverly woven and well-sung trios, though. Fortunately the second act was shorter, and also much more palatable and memorable. Or rather, worth remembering! It had some truly lovely ballads that were allowed to just be ballads.

But... there were a few truly outstanding performers and performances, and the set design, staging, lighting etc. was just wonderful. :appl:

Thanks for letting me grumble. :tongue:

The tickets were a gift from a co-worker whose parents couldn't use them due to a prolonged illness - she wasn't interested herself and offered them to me. I do appreciate the tickets, and the chance to finally see Les Mis... and I'm going to be focussing on the parts of the production that I really liked as I drive in to work this morning! :wink2:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

YAY!!! :appl:

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock

Thank goodness! And yes so mind of your doc to call and let you know.

justginger

Ideal_Rock
VRBeauty|1370530908|3460113 said:
Last night I finally got to see Les Miserables - national touring company in a lush local theater production - and I have to say I was not blown away. About three songs in I leaned over to my companion and whispered the one word that kept repeating itself in my mind - "bombastic." Unfortunately "I Dreamed a Dream" provided only a hint of contrast. And - I'm not sure if it was the the theater (not known for its accoustics) or the direction, or just the nature of the beast - but it was difficult to make out most of the lyrics. The first act seemed like it would never end. There were some very cleverly woven and well-sung trios, though. Fortunately the second act was shorter, and also much more palatable and memorable. Or rather, worth remembering! It had some truly lovely ballads that were allowed to just be ballads.

But... there were a few truly outstanding performers and performances, and the set design, staging, lighting etc. was just wonderful. :appl:

Thanks for letting me grumble. :tongue:

The tickets were a gift from a co-worker whose parents couldn't use them due to a prolonged illness - she wasn't interested herself and offered them to me. I do appreciate the tickets, and the chance to finally see Les Mis... and I'm going to be focussing on the parts of the production that I really liked as I drive in to work this morning! :wink2:

Les Mis is my favourite musical of all time - lost count, think I've seen national-level performances sevenish times. Once was memorable because I leaned over to my husband after 2 songs and said something was wrong. I couldn't put my finger on it, but the whole performance was...off. I felt like I was watching it in an alternate dimension, lol. I guess you just get shows like that from time to time - pity it was your first though.

Kelinas

Shiny_Rock
rosetta|1370511838|3459984 said:
SB621|1370464688|3459624 said:

I'm so glad your MRI was fine. You were starting to worry me a bit there!!

Happy that you are finally feeling better!!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Les Mis is my favourite musical of all time - lost count, think I've seen national-level performances sevenish times. Once was memorable because I leaned over to my husband after 2 songs and said something was wrong. I couldn't put my finger on it, but the whole performance was...off. I felt like I was watching it in an alternate dimension, lol. I guess you just get shows like that from time to time - pity it was your first though.[/quote]

I'm glad you have a favorite musical - and one you like enough to see so many times - even if it doesn't happen to be on my short list. "Man of La Mancha" is on the top of my list, though I've only seen it live three or four times.

Kelinas

Shiny_Rock
Sorry, double post :/

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Circe -- glad you're feeling better! I hope this was just a one time thing and you don't have to go through that ever again!

YT -- Broccoli is so good! I love to slowly caramelize garlic cloves then add just a smidge of water and then steam the broccoli in mostly lemon juice so that it is still a bit crispy with this rich lemon/garlic sauce drizzled over it at the end. Or maybe lime juice instead. Or tossed into a good soup. I've got to try it on pizza now -- that sounds just too yummy to miss!

My quarter is just almost over!!!!
Taking classes this summer. That shouldn't be too bad.

I'm also finally getting our wedding invites out :appl: (okay, well I'm assembling them and should have them out by early next week)
About time!

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock
My memory is horrible. The other day my husband said he had to go to the store to get shoe polish but he didn't leave right away. About a half an hour later he comes in the family room dressed to go out and I asked him where he was going. So I guess it is time to admit it has gotten worse. I have to write down everything I need to do for the day but that didn't help if I didn't have a pen and paper. So DH got me an iPhone and now I literally have an alarm set for everything I have to do. My oldest son knows its bad because if I have to pick him up from school, he will test me to tell me not to not to forget to get him. I have had fibromyalgia & CFS for 18 years now. My insomnia from fibro which causes the sleep deprivation that led to my memory loss is really bad. I have tried every sleeping pill out there with no success. Now that it is warm outside the AC makes my arthritis so much worse that walking can get difficult at times but I push on. My family has been fussing at me to apply for disability for 15 years now but I won't do it. I feel like if I do that, then it's like I'm giving up. I really haven't been able to work full time for years but I feel I can still work part time. Personally, I like retail as a part time job and it does take a toll on my body but I like it anyway. I truly am a people person and I don't want a sit down job and retail keeps me active. My LO will start school for the whole day in August and I will work somewhere for a couple hours a day which I am really looking forward to.

I feel at some point I may have to file for disability but not just yet. I just wish my family could understand that. I have absolutely nothing at all against anybody on disability, so I really hope this post isn't taken the wrong way. Please understand, I'm just talking about myself and where am health wise right now. Which honestly could change at any moment and then I'll do what I have to do. I just wanted to say how I have been feeling here and hopefully my family will understand my feeling on it all sometime soon. ~d

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CharmedOne|1370580421|3460733 said:
My memory is horrible. The other day my husband said he had to go to the store to get shoe polish but he didn't leave right away. About a half an hour later he comes in the family room dressed to go out and I asked him where he was going. So I guess it is time to admit it has gotten worse. I have to write down everything I need to do for the day but that didn't help if I didn't have a pen and paper. So DH got me an iPhone and now I literally have an alarm set for everything I have to do. My oldest son knows its bad because if I have to pick him up from school, he will test me to tell me not to not to forget to get him. I have had fibromyalgia & CFS for 18 years now. My insomnia from fibro which causes the sleep deprivation that led to my memory loss is really bad. I have tried every sleeping pill out there with no success. Now that it is warm outside the AC makes my arthritis so much worse that walking can get difficult at times but I push on. My family has been fussing at me to apply for disability for 15 years now but I won't do it. I feel like if I do that, then it's like I'm giving up. I really haven't been able to work full time for years but I feel I can still work part time. Personally, I like retail as a part time job and it does take a toll on my body but I like it anyway. I truly am a people person and I don't want a sit down job and retail keeps me active. My LO will start school for the whole day in August and I will work somewhere for a couple hours a day which I am really looking forward to.

I feel at some point I may have to file for disability but not just yet. I just wish my family could understand that. I have absolutely nothing at all against anybody on disability, so I really hope this post isn't taken the wrong way. Please understand, I'm just talking about myself and where am health wise right now. Which honestly could change at any moment and then I'll do what I have to do. I just wanted to say how I have been feeling here and hopefully my family will understand my feeling on it all sometime soon. ~d

I'm sorry you're having health and memory troubles. I volunteered to help people with varying stages of memory loss and while I can't say that I understand exactly what you're going through, I do know that it must be very difficult.

Hopefully your family will be understanding and patient with you. I hope you are able to find the right combination of medications, exercise, relaxation, etc that works for you.

I understand where you are coming from on your hesitation to file for disability. It isn't that there is anything wrong with people who have disabilities. It isn't even that admitting to a disability is the end of your life. There is just something so very emotional about officially going from "normal" to "disabled". (Sorry! I'm not getting that out quite right, but I know what you mean. I've seen family and close family friends go through this and there is really something that changes in them.)

Feel better and post often. I'll be thinking of you and wishing lots of good days for you!

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock
Too Patient, Thank you so much and I totally agree with what you are saying. I have seen a change in other people on disability too. I felt so much better writing that down, it's hard when people think thy know what's better for you more than you do. I will be back to post again. Thank you very much for your kindness. Most often just a little bit of kindness and understanding is all that is needed to keep pushing on and I really appreciate it. ~d

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CharmedOne, I am so very sorry to hear of your issues. It must be incredibly frustrating for all of this to be outside of your control. If you reach the point that you decide to file for disability, please remember that is what those programs are for. You have been a total trooper to this point--many people would have gone that route long ago. I'm sorry that your family does not understand your decision to this point, but I support you in whatever you choose to do and whatever time frame you choose to do it. Biggest hugs outgoing to you.

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much DeeJay. I guess I sometimes feel that if I were to go on disability, family members may think that I can't take care of my little one. I must admit that it sometimes its difficult but what parent doesn't go through difficult times. Taking care of him has gotten so much easier now that he is older and during the summer his TSS will be with him 10 hours a week which will help out a ton. We can not control the life we are given but we can control how we chose to live it. We surprise ourselves by what we can achieve when we push ourselves just a little bit more. I do know that I will eventually have to go that route and won't feel bad about it when I do. Thank you some much for your kindness. It is so nice to be able to talk about it because having friends isn't easy. They get really upset when you forget things.

Kelinas

Shiny_Rock
I just got a spinel that looks freaking awesome in direct sunlight and shade(although I can't get a picture of it to save my life.

but the moment I come inside it looks horrible.

story of my life.
Do I keep it and just oogle it outside?
Do I return it?

미치겠다.... now to get a beer
*Sigh*

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Illinois FINALLY posted CPA grades - I got a 97 on my Audit exam!!!!!

I PASSED :appl: I PASSED :appl: I PASSED :appl: I PASSED :appl: I PASSED
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Three more sections to go though... :-o )

Thank you all SO MUCH for the encouraging words last week when I took it!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay|1370717558|3461648 said:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS! :appl:

We know you're going to ace the other sections as well!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Awesome news Dee*Jay. Congratulations! Time to break out the bubbly.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

YAY YAY YAY!! Yippee for you!! congrats on such a successful score - you da man, Dee Jay!!! Awesome marks - I'm sure you'll kick butt on the next one in July, too!! YIPPEE for you!!!!
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wooohooooo!!!!! So happy for you Dee*Jay!!!!! I never had any doubt you would ace it but I totally understand the feeling of thinking an exam didn't go well. Congratulations on a wonderful result and all the hard work you put into getting where you are! :appl: :appl: :appl: Good luck for the upcoming sections!!!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Deej! Congratulations! I KNEW IT!

And on a completely different note ... wwwwwwwwwwwwhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyy does LoupeTroupe hate me so much? I've been trying to post a listing for an hour!

DENIED.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Hooray!!! Congrats, D*J!!! Good luck on part 2!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you VR, Matata, Enerchi, Missy, VC!

And Circe, every time I think about your post the night of the exam I start laughing! DOMINATE! The only thing I'm dominating right now is a second glass of wine!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
DEEJAY, that is AWESOME!!!!!! woohooo!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: no doubt you will pass all of them!!!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock

You Go Girl!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy for you!!!!!!!! I'm sure you'll do well on the rest :)) Say the word and we'll go celebrate!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
On my way home from church today I made and impulse stop at the local fine used book dealer.

Followed by an impulse stop at the local used record/cd store.

Which is right next door to the local independent book dealer.

So I ended up with an armload of goodies to get my summer started right!

As I headed towards home it occurred to me that my robot must have taken the day off... the one that's supposed to say, "Danger VRBeauty... Danger!"

Kelinas

Shiny_Rock
33 friends deploy tomorrow.

I feel sad for them and their families.

I've dealt with 2 deployments and im glad DH never has to go again.

when will this stupid war be over?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results