shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW I have a confession to make-- I’ve been a very "paaad" girl! Thanks to The Gemstone Project’s ElleW…

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
…. who made an incredible ring for me!

Really, I had no business buying a padparadscha sapphire in the first place. In fact, I’d never even heard of them before Price Scope! But I wanted one! Sapphire’s my birthstone and oh, how I love all shades of pink! And orange—I really like orange, too! Pink, orange, hot pink, baby pink, magenta, lipstick pink, blush, champagne pink, rose pink, tangerine, melon, mango, sunset pink, sunrise orange, salmon pink, peach pink, ballet slipper pink, pinky-pink, orangey-pink, pinkish-orange, lotus flower pink, PADPARADSCHA pink! I spent the past 25 years in a jewelry-free fog, busily attending to my marriage, my (small) children and my (large) bills, my demanding job. I went without an engagement ring or any other bling for years. There was no time, no energy and no money for such selfish indulgence. Well, things change and my inner sparkle fiend has come out with a vengeance. First, it was my CBI (that replaced the CZ…that had replaced a long period of nothing… that had replaced a really crappy diamond…). I felt so guilty for spending money on ME! But, oh, how good it felt!

I knew I couldn’t afford a REAL pad. Pads are for celebrities. And for expert Price Scopers and royalty! Not for me. But I wanted one! It would be my first colored stone purchase. I had no idea what I was doing. I had no idea of what I didn’t know. Well, I decided life is too short… and so I went with it. I found a promising pad within my modest budget, and thanks to the help from some lovely ladies (and a few gents) over in the Colored Stones thread, I felt confident enough to buy my padparadscha.

I drooled over plenty of gorgeous settings, but in the end, it was no contest. I knew @ElleW was the designer I wanted. Her gorgeous Feuilles Dorees setting spoke to me. I asked her to tweak it just a bit for me, and together we came up with a few changes including an East-West orientation and a milgrained bezel to replace claw prongs. Elle worked her color magic and recommended a mix of white and rose gold. And, oh my…the results are SPECTACULAR! I am so IN LOVE with this ring!!!

Pad Ring 1.jpg
Pad Ring 3 1.jpg
Pad Ring 4.jpg
Pad Ring 5.jpg

Last edited:

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, it is beyond gorgeous! Congrats on your well deserving beauty!

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Be still my heart!! :eek2: What an amazingly gorgeous ring... LOVE it! :love::love::love: Congrats and enjoy her!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
…. who made an incredible ring for me!

Really, I had no business buying a padparadscha sapphire in the first place. In fact, I’d never even heard of them before Price Scope! But I wanted one! Sapphire’s my birthstone and oh, how I love all shades of pink! And orange—I really like orange, too! Pink, orange, hot pink, baby pink, magenta, lipstick pink, blush, champagne pink, rose pink, tangerine, melon, mango, sunset pink, sunrise orange, salmon pink, peach pink, ballet slipper pink, pinky-pink, orangey-pink, pinkish-orange, lotus flower pink, PADPARADSCHA pink! I spent the past 25 years in a jewelry-free fog, busily attending to my marriage, my (small) children and my (large) bills, my demanding job. I went without an engagement ring or any other bling for years. There was no time, no energy and no money for such selfish indulgence. Well, things change and my inner sparkle fiend has come out with a vengeance. First, it was my CBI (that replaced the CZ…that had replaced a long period of nothing… that had replaced a really crappy diamond…). I felt so guilty for spending money on ME! But, oh, how good it felt!

I knew I couldn’t afford a REAL pad. Pads are for celebrities. And for expert Price Scopers and royalty! Not for me. But I wanted one! It would be my first colored stone purchase. I had no idea what I was doing. I had no idea of what I didn’t know. Well, I decided life is too short… and so I went with it. I found a promising pad within my modest budget, and thanks to the help from some lovely ladies (and a few gents) over in the Colored Stones thread, I felt confident enough to buy my padparadscha.

I drooled over plenty of gorgeous settings, but in the end, it was no contest. I knew @ElleW was the designer I wanted. Her gorgeous Feuilles Dorees setting spoke to me. I asked her to tweak it just a bit for me, and together we came up with a few changes including an East-West orientation and a milgrained bezel to replace claw prongs. Elle worked her color magic and recommended a mix of white and rose gold. And, oh my…the results are SPECTACULAR! I am so IN LOVE with this ring!!!

Pad Ring 1.jpg
Pad Ring 3 1.jpg
Pad Ring 4.jpg
Pad Ring 5.jpg

That ring is GORGEOUS!

Beautiful stone, crazy good setting. Congratulations!! :love::love::lickout:

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my my my such perfection. Such beauty! We need more pics!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful! I love the design elements. The bezel and lovely under gallery will allow the gorgeous pad to look clean and sparkly longer when wearing. The rose gold bezel also compliments the color of your Pad. Well done!

Elizabeth35

Brilliant_Rock
We need hand shots!!!! The color is absolutely lovely.
Love the east-west, love the bezel, love the under-carriage.

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
....................Thud...........

WOW! It's spectacular!
Thank you! I'm over the moon happy with it.

:kiss2: wowowow! enjoy it!
Thank you. I've been so impressed with your knowledge and advice to others. Your opinion really means a lot to me.

Wow, it is beyond gorgeous! Congrats on your well deserving beauty!
Thank you! I'm so happy with it.
WOW :love: That is AMAZING!!!!
Isn't it!? Elle is such a great designer!

What an awesome backstory and an amazing ring to go with it! I love everything about it! Congrats!
Thanks! I get a little excited, sometimes...

Be still my heart!! :eek2: What an amazingly gorgeous ring... LOVE it! :love::love::love: Congrats and enjoy her!
I'm definitely enjoying it! You have so many gorgeous pieces that I love. Your compliments mean a great deal to me.

That ring is GORGEOUS!

Beautiful stone, crazy good setting. Congratulations!! :love::love::lickout:
Thank you! The pad was nice before it was set, but it's positively singing in this setting. The saturation has deepened ever so slightly and the rather substantial tilt window has completely disappeared.

Oh my my my such perfection. Such beauty! We need more pics!
Thanks, Nala.
Hand shots are incoming!

Thank you, everyone! Your opinions mean so much to me. So many sophisticated jewelry connoisseurs, here--I've learned so much from all of you!

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful! I love the design elements. The bezel and lovely under gallery will allow the gorgeous pad to look clean and sparkly longer when wearing. The rose gold bezel also compliments the color of your Pad. Well done!

We need hand shots!!!! The color is absolutely lovely.
Love the east-west, love the bezel, love the under-carriage.
Thank you! The details on the ring are really exquisite. I can't stop staring at it!
Pad Ring 6.jpg
Pad Ring 17.jpg
Pad Ring 9 A.jpg

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG!!
Stunning!
Love, love,love the yummy milgrain!:love:

torontocatlady

Shiny_Rock
This is stunning and looks just fabulous on your hand. Enjoy it!!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your story so much. This ring is the epitome of femininity and allure. The setting is regal and so eye catching! :love:
I would love to have a pad! The color of yours is so dreamy! Enjoy your beauty and please feel free to post many more pictures!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, this is amazing, spectacular, delicious, delightful....I could go on but man that is one beautiful ring.

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Truly spectacular, congrats!!! :love: Love the color and all the details of the ring!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow! Absolutely gorgeous! It’s amazing! :naughty:

rcjtraveler

Brilliant_Rock
What an exquisite ring. The color of the pad is gorgeous and the setting is amazing with such beautiful detail. Enjoy and wear it in good health.
So glad I found this forum to see all these beauties.

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
Incredibly stunning, love all the details and the way it looks on your hand. No need to justify owning such a beauty. I think gems choose us as much as we choose them, and they come to us at the right time when we are meant to have them!

ladyonthelake

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Love the hand shots!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results