shape
carat
color
clarity

I am sad and upset.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/25/2007 7:15:11 PM
Author: shawee

Date: 1/25/2007 6:40:34 PM
Author: hikerchick

Date: 1/25/2007 5:44:31 PM

I am not trying to be rude but I think it was a little pre-mature complaining about something you have not seen yourself. I know you trust your bf but something as big as this, you will need the see the ring yourself before calling and getting all upset. Also, you have to trust your bf when he said he will take care of everything. I hate to sound insensitive but maybe you somehow made things worse by getting bent out of shape so quickly.

Okay, so I have now seen it with my own eyes and can confirm everything my boyfriend saw, so I am hoping I can now make statements about being upset without having people tell me I am not allowed to be upset.

I can now confirm that there are ATLEAST a half dozen ''dings'' in the platinum along the metal by each of the row of sidestones, they are visible by eye but hard to distinguish in the pictures but we are going to try and capture them in the pictures tonight .

The center stone is set uneven. One side is high and the other low. This also though hard to see in the pictures is visible once you know it is there. It is further confirmed that the center stone is off-kilter when you place the ring upside down. You can then see that it is indeed off-kilter.

Finally, the entire head of the stone is set a few degrees off from the usual placement of the 4 prong head so the entire head looks odd set when you look at it from either side or the top.

The pictures don''t always capture everything because a lot of times the shine of the platinum can cover it or the ding looks like a shine, when in reality they are ''dings''. Hope all that makes sense. I will try to get pictures of what I am talking about.

Nothing about my post said that you are not allowed to be upset. I only said it''s premature. How would you feel if you found out later on that your bf was just trying to throw you off? I seriously think you would feel pretty silly. Again, just like everyone had said... WF will make things right. Good luck to you.
you are right, shawee, and both my last post though quoting you as well as what I am about to say are not directed to you in particular but to the opinions you posted that others have posted to various degrees and I feel I want to address them.

I would have felt VERY silly and embarrased IF by BF had been kidding around or throwing me off BUT I know him REALLY well and that isn''t his style. I KNOW I didn''t see it but I trust him and his judgement enough to have been upset by the described condition. He isn''t some stranger, he is my BF of more than 2 years, we are very close and I believed him. I also apologized a zillion times in this thread for posting and also gave my reasons for posting and I guess there isn''t much else I can say that could make you all understand what I went through in the last 24 hours . . . guess you''d have to walk a mile in my shoes . . .

Anyway, I will once again apologize for posting, or atleast posting when I did . . . I couldn''t take it back, so for what it is worth . . . it helped me through a rough day to have the wonderful moral support from the kind folks on this board, many of whom gave me that support even though they agreed that I had posted too quickly and maybe been too harsh and for that I am grateful, truly.

I also know this is just a ring, the ring . . . my ring for the rest of my life . . . but just a ring. The man that comes with this ring is REALLY the true blessing and joy in my life. I am frustrated and sad and nervous about the outcome but in the grand scheme of things I know it will all be okay. Thank you all for being there to support me when I was feeling frantic . . . particularly since you don''t know me.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/25/2007 2:16:28 PM
Author: Odinsmom
Why, because I don't go along with her hyteria over something that she can't even confirm is a problem? Same as Harriet who came on half baked screaming about the vendor when the vendor bent over backwards to help her. Work with the vendor BEFORE slamming them on a forum. It's the right, fair thing to do.
Odinsmom,
A number of points:
1. Pricescope is a "consumer advocate site." Thus, its raison d'etre is to facilitate the exchange of information between us buyers.
2. I consulted with a reputable independent appraiser. I did my due diligence, and my buying process was in no way "half-baked.".
3. I stated his and my opinions. That hardly constitutes "screaming" or "slamming".
4. I spoke with my vendor even before I started my thread. Unfortunately, the representative was extremely rude and the exchange unproductive.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hello,
I am glad Hickerchick and Harriett posted there story''s. Thank you!

I will do business with WF in the future but it is always good to be aware.

richie5120

Rough_Rock
Celina from WF hasn't responded to my gf's emails from 2 days ago! She then tried emailing the customer service WF email hoping to get someone else to respond but no one has, 1 day has passed! Terrible CUSTOMER SERVICE! This post should be a wake up call to WF.

After reading your post and troubles with WF and the lack of customer service from them I will no longer allow my gf to select her diamond from WF! I'd rather pay more money for a stone then receive service like this from a vendor!

Thanks for sharing your issues/problems with WF Hikerchick.

I'm going to be taking our business elsewhere.

jxl

Rough_Rock
hikerchick, sorry to hear it. I was really hoping it turned out to be a different story....

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/25/2007 10:42:00 PM
Author: richie5120
Celina from WF hasn''t responded to my gf''s emails from 2 days ago! She then tried emailing the customer service WF email hoping to get someone else to respond but no one has, 1 day has passed! Terrible CUSTOMER SERVICE! This post should be a wake up call to WF.

After reading your post and troubles with WF and the lack of customer service from them I will no longer allow my gf to select her diamond from WF! I''d rather pay more money for a stone then receive service like this from a vendor!

Thanks for sharing your issues/problems with WF hickerchick.

I''m going to be taking our business elsewhere.
I''m sorry about that, but why didn''t she call them, it''s toll free. Imagine how many emails they get in a day?? One day has passed?? That''s a little rash IMHO. But know the company well, have bought from them twice. Yes mistakes happen, but you know what?? They always make it right in the end, and to me that''s what counts. I am not dismissing how you feel. I hear you. Good luck, and look forward to seeing the stone you guys pick from whatever vendor it may be.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/25/2007 10:53:35 PM
Author: Kaleigh

Celina from WF hasn''t responded to my gf''s emails from 2 days ago! She then tried emailing the customer service WF email hoping to get someone else to respond but no one has, 1 day has passed! Terrible CUSTOMER SERVICE! This post should be a wake up call to WF.

After reading your post and troubles with WF and the lack of customer service from them I will no longer allow my gf to select her diamond from WF! I''d rather pay more money for a stone then receive service like this from a vendor!

I''m sorry about that, but why didn''t she call them, it''s toll free. Imagine how many emails they get in a day?? One day has passed?? That''s a little rash IMHO. But know the company well, have bought from them twice. Yes mistakes happen, but you know what?? They always make it right in the end, and to me that''s what counts. I am not dismissing how you feel. I hear you. Good luck, and look forward to seeing the stone you guys pick from whatever vendor it may be.
No, WF is not perfect, but I am happy with my purchase from them.

There are tons of people here who have managed to buy from them...my guess is most likely nearly all of them got off their booty and called. E-mail has its benefits, but come on...you gotta do your part too. I''ve been in sales a long time and when I used to make sales calls/pitches, they always said if you want to go to the bottom of the ignored heap, e-mail.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hikerchick, sorry you are having problems with your e-ring. Buying an e-ring is an emotional process and every detail counts, so I definitely understand why you are upset. WF seems to be aware of the problem and I will cross my fingers that everything gets fixed and you are happy with your ring. WF will try to make it right.

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock

Just to be clear, I would totally buy the diamond from WF, if I had to do it all over again, I LOVE my diamond. I can''t say yet about the setting.

I also emailed them about the diamond we bought and didn''t hear from them for over a week and almost bought a different diamond when I got a last minute email reply and put the other diamond purchase on hold for this one.

However, I would have just as easily purchased from someone else . . . it is in the end all about customer service, particularly when the interaction is long distance. Just my 2 cents.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/25/2007 9:19:42 PM

Anyway, I will once again apologize for posting, or atleast posting when I did . . . I couldn''t take it back, so for what it is worth . . . it helped me through a rough day to have the wonderful moral support from the kind folks on this board, many of whom gave me that support even though they agreed that I had posted too quickly and maybe been too harsh and for that I am grateful, truly.
I saw this as your motivation all along... I never saw you as trying to get results by posting, I saw you as having had a difficult time to convince your bf about buying online and then he''s upset with the ring and omg what did you do and are you losing your mind and does everyone think things will get resolved?? I totally got that right away and I''m sorry that you''ve been so upset by all of this. Hopefully it will all get resolved quickly and happily :) In fact I''m sure it will!

shawee

Rough_Rock
Hikerchick, I am really really sorry for making you feel bad. I know what you are going through, really I do. Here''s my story...

My fiancee (bf then) decided to go ahead and order my ring, we have been looking for a couple of weeks and he really wanted to get it by Christmas. We decided to order through Union Diamond and I called Jeff at 6am, CA time. They just barely opened. I asked him about a diamond that was within our budget. It was for a 1.15/G/VS2, EGL cert. He verified it was eye clean and my fiancee wired the money... this was 12/19/06 and got the ring Friday the 22nd. We were ecstatic. He didn''t wait until Christmas and he proposed right then, that''s how excited we were. The ring was very pretty. White and sparkly. The next day, I tried to take pics and noticed how it''s looking oily, like I have to wipe it off all the time to get the shine back. My fiancee''s dad took pics and we noticed plenty of specks... like dust inside and it really bothered me. It was just me though.

Finally, I couldn''t take it anymore and asked my fiancee if we could exchange it. We decided we don''t want an EGL, we just don''t trust that lab. I emailed Jeff, he was really nice and understanding but the whole time, I was upset because it wasn''t perfect and we had to pay for shipping with insurance which cost us a lot. I couldn''t sleep too. I finally got the replacement and noticed that there was something stuck under one of the prongs. It looked like the prong was too tight, almost looked like it was digging in the diamond which of course was not possible. My fiancee tried to convince me that everything was fine but I wouldn''t listen. I wanted to return it again but it was such a beautiful stone, so much different than the first one. I didn''t have to wipe it off to keep the brilliance but that thing under the prong really bothered me. It seems like they rushed the mounting and didn''t do a good job, I also noticed that they are not aligned (maybe it''s just me). We took the ring to a local jeweler and he confirmed that when it was polished, a part of the clothe got stuck. He tweezed and cleaned to get most of it out. He also confirmed that it was a good buy. To this day, my fiancee teases me because I almost emailed Jeff again to tell him that the prong was too tight and that it''s digging in the diamond... I would have sounded really silly he said.

Sorry for the long post... I just thought i''d share so that you know you are not alone and don''t ever feel bad for being picky. AND don''t say that it''s only a ring... it may be so but it has a significant meaning to us.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/25/2007 11:09:34 PM

Just to be clear, I would totally buy the diamond from WF, if I had to do it all over again, I LOVE my diamond. I can''t say yet about the setting.

I also emailed them about the diamond we bought and didn''t hear from them for over a week and almost bought a different diamond when I got a last minute email reply and put the other diamond purchase on hold for this one.

However, I would have just as easily purchased from someone else . . . it is in the end all about customer service, particularly when the interaction is long distance. Just my 2 cents.
I haven''t found emails to be very helpful with WF... but I have found picking up the phone and calling to work really well!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Shawnee,
Your post was good; not too long. I think we forget how scary it is to make a LARGE purchase over the internet and a lot of us cannont use the phone during the day. I can''t because I go to my clients place of business and I don''t want people to hear me. WF was very good with email for me. I hope they get better at email because they did well with me. Hopefully they will read this and use it as a learning tool.

solange

Brilliant_Rock
I too emailed Whiteflash. When I did not get an immediate reply, I called and reached Lesley. From then on, the service could not have been better.

I had specific requirements and Lesley searched for several weeks during which time I kept in touch with her to let her know I was still interested.

She finally came up with a stone that was beyond my expectations--a 4.10 SI2 that is perfectly eye clean from all angles at a price that was far below what I told her we were willing to pay.
When the stone came in, I spoke with Brian and told him I was willing to pay several thousand dollars more to get a better looking stone and I was concerned abut the I color.

Brian was honest enough to tell me that finding an Ideal cut perfectly eye clean SI 2 in this size was very rare and that the stone faced up as a G or H. He said I could wait a long time before I found another stone in this size and even if I paid what my budget was it would probably not look any better.

I had the stone sent to David Wolfe--the same appraiser Harriet went to--and he said that it was an I but faced up more like an H. I told him what i paid and he even said that if he were looking for a stone for his mother, he would happiily buy this one. At the time, I thought that was just flattery but now that I read of Harriet''s experience with him I realize that he is hard on color and these were probably not just idle words.

The busier Pricescope vendors get so many emails tat it is hard to answer them in a timely manner. Once you call you do get attention and it is well worth the extra effort.

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
style="WIDTH: 100.44%; HEIGHT: 303px">Date: 1/25/2007 11:12:36 PM
Hikerchick, I am really really sorry for making you feel bad. I know what you are going through, really I do. Here''s my story...

My fiancee (bf then) decided to go ahead and order my ring, we have been looking for a couple of weeks and he really wanted to get it by Christmas. We decided to order through Union Diamond and I called Jeff at 6am, CA time. They just barely opened. I asked him about a diamond that was within our budget. It was for a 1.15/G/VS2, EGL cert. He verified it was eye clean and my fiancee wired the money... this was 12/19/06 and got the ring Friday the 22nd. We were ecstatic. He didn''t wait until Christmas and he proposed right then, that''s how excited we were. The ring was very pretty. White and sparkly. The next day, I tried to take pics and noticed how it''s looking oily, like I have to wipe it off all the time to get the shine back. My fiancee''s dad took pics and we noticed plenty of specks... like dust inside and it really bothered me. It was just me though.

Finally, I couldn''t take it anymore and asked my fiancee if we could exchange it. We decided we don''t want an EGL, we just don''t trust that lab. I emailed Jeff, he was really nice and understanding but the whole time, I was upset because it wasn''t perfect and we had to pay for shipping with insurance which cost us a lot. I couldn''t sleep too. I finally got the replacement and noticed that there was something stuck under one of the prongs. It looked like the prong was too tight, almost looked like it was digging in the diamond which of course was not possible. My fiancee tried to convince me that everything was fine but I wouldn''t listen. I wanted to return it again but it was such a beautiful stone, so much different than the first one. I didn''t have to wipe it off to keep the brilliance but that thing under the prong really bothered me. It seems like they rushed the mounting and didn''t do a good job, I also noticed that they are not aligned (maybe it''s just me). We took the ring to a local jeweler and he confirmed that when it was polished, a part of the clothe got stuck. He tweezed and cleaned to get most of it out. He also confirmed that it was a good buy. To this day, my fiancee teases me because I almost emailed Jeff again to tell him that the prong was too tight and that it''s digging in the diamond... I would have sounded really silly he said.

Sorry for the long post... I just thought i''d share so that you know you are not alone and don''t ever feel bad for being picky. AND don''t say that it''s only a ring... it may be so but it has a significant meaning to us.
Shawee, no hard feelings . . . I only quoted your post because it happened to be the most recent in a long list of those that said the same thing as you. You didn''t hurt my feelings . . . you were just expressing your view and I just wanted to explain my side. It''s all good, seriously.

And thank you for your story . . . it wasn''t too long at all.

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/25/2007 11:22:16 PM
Author: Skippy123

Shawnee,
Your post was good; not too long. I think we forget how scary it is to make a LARGE purchase over the internet and a lot of us cannont use the phone during the day. I can't because I go to my clients place of business and I don't want people to hear me. WF was very good with email for me. I hope they get better at email because they did well with me. Hopefully they will read this and use it as a learning tool.

I hope we get better at email too!If an email goes unanswered for 24 hours we humbly request a follow up call if the phone is convenient:We experience occasional difficulty with overzealous spam filters; both on our side and our on clients'.Furthermore, though our staff works very hard each day, we’re also human and can make mistakes.
15.gif

Celina from WF hasn't responded to my gf's emails from 2 days ago! She then tried emailing the customer service WF email hoping to get someone else to respond but no one has, 1 day has passed! Terrible CUSTOMER SERVICE! This post should be a wake up call to WF.

After reading your post and troubles with WF and the lack of customer service from them I will no longer allow my gf to select her diamond from WF! I'd rather pay more money for a stone then receive service like this from a vendor!

I'm going to be taking our business elsewhere.
Richie, I’m sorry your girfriend’s emails went unanswered but appreciate you calling our attention to it.I realize you’ve moved on, but when we locate the emails she will receive a prompt apology.

ezwinner701

Rough_Rock
Thank you for chimming in John, but yes you guys do need to work on your email system. I have sent many emails and have not gotten a response. A sensative spam filter might be one of the reasons why, but you have to understand some ppl are just more comfortable emailing and it should be treated as a priority.

just my 2 cents.

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/26/2007 1:17:47 AM
Author: ezwinner701
Thank you for chimming in John, but yes you guys do need to work on your email system. I have sent many emails and have not gotten a response. A sensative spam filter might be one of the reasons why, but you have to understand some ppl are just more comfortable emailing and it should be treated as a priority.

just my 2 cents.
I have to agree.. If you see my thread on Please Help With OEC, I have mentioned there that I did not get timely responses from WF via email too. I have to send multiple reminders. So since I am not alone and many PSers here have the same feedback, perhaps this is an area to improve on.

Lord Summerisle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/26/2007 12:44:16 AM
Author: JohnQuixote

I hope we get better at email too!If an email goes unanswered for 24 hours we humbly request a follow up call if the phone is convenient:We experience occasional difficulty with overzealous spam filters; both on our side and our on clients''.Furthermore, though our staff works very hard each day, we’re also human and can make mistakes.
15.gif

If you''ll excuse the coming in at the end here...

John, (and any other vender who feels they may have a similar problem getting round to answering the deluge of emails that come in daily)

Maybe, (and since i havent had cause to send an enquiry email in recently, i dont know if you already do this) a thing to consider is - if theres an enquiry form on your site - or when recieving an email, have an automated responce that goes out to say that you have recieved the email, and that you''ll try to respond within a given period... if you do not hear from us, please give us a quick call on number...

that kind of thing...

Certainly i know for folks like myself, halfway round the world from Huston - calling isnt always easy...so anything that can reassure those enquiring that heres a bit of guidance on what to do if you dont hear from us... because your email may have been intercepted by our spam filters.

Hikerchick: i''m, sorry to hear the ring did not meet your standards - but i''m sure everyone at WF will make things right for you.
35.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree that WF have over zealous spam filters! I had emailed Lesley about a week ago (replying to one she sent me) and I didn''t receive a reply. I didn''t mind so much as it was just a general query and I won''t be buying my ring for another 3 months anyway and really didn''t want to take up her time - yet!!

I got an email a couple of days ago from Lesley. She was very apologetic that I didn''t have a response earlier. In her defense the time on the email was 4.26 am (which in Texas is 10.26pm). She was up very late responding to emails. I would say that is above and beyond the call of duty!

Maisie

Lord Summerisle

Brilliant_Rock
Aye, i was playing email tennis with John and Lesley, helping a friend purchase a wee bit o'' carbon - if i replied to either of them... their reply to my reply would come back with [spam] in the title...

but i can understand the need for such protection... having your address on your site - is just an open door for the bots to find and start spamming stuff...

Trelala

Shiny_Rock
Hey Hikerchick,

I can totally understand why you reacted the way you did over your ring. My normally calm and level-headed FI drove himself to crazy to put together a *perfect* ering. He worried about the engraving, the size of the stone, the color, I truly had never seen him so stressed. He also received much solace from this very message board.
1.gif

Anyway, I''ve custom ordered a pair of diamond studs from WF and they were extremely helpful. Sounds like everything''s on its way to a happy ending. Can''t wait for you to post photos of your ering. Congrats on your engagement!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think email is fab for people like me who are shy and don''t like to make phone calls that often. (still can''t believe I did the live phone call when WF were testing the new conference call - video thing for the staff!)

I hope Hikerchick comes back and lets us know how things are going. I really felt for her yesterday.

Maisie

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have found in the past when there is a problem at WF once Lesley or John hears about it things get moving.
My recommendation is that anyone who has a problem with WF be it a contact issue or a problem with their sales rep contact either Lesley or John by phone for help.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
John is exemplary about answering emails. Not only is he prompt, he also answers long after his office hours at times. But I do in fairness to him want to say that he is not technically a salesperson, so we can''t all adopt him as our salesperson or he may never get any sleep again! And I will add that Katie was always good about replying to emails as well.

curiopotter

Brilliant_Rock

Like Keligh said, I wish you would reconsider posting something as abrupt as that. I just left whiteflash''s offices yesterday and I had a wonderful experience with them! CALL their number, you''ll get your questions answered in a matter of minutes.

EVERY vendor online has taken a day if not days to respond to my emails, and sometimes their replies go straight to my junk box. I got tired of the email game, and now I just call their numbers. They are all very helpful on the phone, I get my answers more quickly, and you don''t have to wait to their emails!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/26/2007 7:47:36 AM
Author: diamondseeker2006
John is exemplary about answering emails. Not only is he prompt, he also answers long after his office hours at times. But I do in fairness to him want to say that he is not technically a salesperson, so we can''t all adopt him as our salesperson or he may never get any sleep again! And I will add that Katie was always good about replying to emails as well.
Katie is also good about returning phone calls.

3hearts

Shiny_Rock

It''s unfortunate you feel this way. This is a great forum for sharing opinions and information. But in the end, that''s all they are....opinions.

That said, I''m extremely happy with WF. They are humans and to error is human......

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/26/2007 1:28:45 AM
Author: simplysplendid

Date: 1/26/2007 1:17:47 AM
Author: ezwinner701

just my 2 cents.
I have to agree.. If you see my thread on Please Help With OEC, I have mentioned there that I did not get timely responses from WF via email too. I have to send multiple reminders. So since I am not alone and many PSers here have the same feedback, perhaps this is an area to improve on.
ha - it''s friday.... I bet I know what one of the topics at the weekly meeting was today LOL FWIW john you''re pretty good at responding ;-)

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Wow, people seem pretty impatient.

I was amazed when Wink answered my email the same day. I was fully prepared to wait a week for a reply.

If I have been promised a response by a certain day then I might be slightly annoyed, but I would never feel I was being ignored if I hadn''t heard in 2 days. I tend to be more about working with a particular person or company because I like their product or their way of doing things or just have a feeling I trust them - especially for an important and expensive purchase like jewellery.

I mean if it''s a vacuum cleaner - I just want one fast, but my e-ring I actually want to process to be slow enough that I don''t feel I''m just on some companies conveyor belt.

Maybe it''s just different expectations here in Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results