shape
carat
color
clarity

I am sad and upset.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hikerchick,
sorry this is happening and understand why your upset.
I dont know what the original topic was but its understandable to too post things a little harsh when your upset.

There are several sad things going on here...
Somehow or another the ring is damaged or less likely your BF is playing a very cruel joke.. first thing to do is find out for sure whats going on.

sounds like your sales rep was less than reassuring. smack smack on hand to him.

Now if there is a problem with the ring WF will fix it Im not worried about that.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/25/2007 2:41:12 PM
Author: LesleyH

Hikerchick,

First, please accept our apologies if anything said this morning upset you. I believe your sales rep was trying to reassure you. I am sincerely sorry that it came off as dismissive. It may help to know that the reason he asked about Pricescope is because John Pollard, who normally checks the forums, is in a series of workshops this week. We want to be sure to give attention to your concerns here as well as in private.

Please do not think you have made any trouble by posting. We are interested in all feedback; particularly if it can help us sharpen our skills. We value you as a customer and hope to ease your concerns as soon as possible.

LesleyH
www.whiteflash.com
kewl Lesley is involved that means action as soon as your BF contacts them and the whole story is out.
Well said Lesley!

Arrwyn

Rough_Rock
Hikerchick, understand your feeling. I''m also waiting for WF''s reply for the diamond I''m interested in and make final decision.
Hug.

devientdrow

Brilliant_Rock
Keep your chin up hikerchick, you didn''t do anything wrong and honestly I think getting the title of the thread changed was VERY polite on your part. Kudos to you! I think some people get on here and I suppose forget how VALID it is for someone to be emotional over a purchase that is A. So meaningful and B. Expensive. Not everyone has the same financial situation or emotional hang ups.

I see no reason why your boyfriend would lie to you about this, and I don''t see anyone using this kind of thing as a trick. Maybe, but I assume anyone who would use that ploy would drop it when the other person involved started calling the company and complaining.

You''ll just have to ignore certain people who can''t speak thier mind in a respectul manner.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can you send them to... Irina, and have her look at them? LOL?
Date: 1/25/2007 2:01:37 PM
Author: hikerchick

Date: 1/25/2007 1:55:43 PM
Author: mrssalvo
Hikerchick,

Girl, don''t feel bad. I don''t think you were trying to intentially hurt WF and let''s face it, most of us would be totally freaking out right now under the same circumstance. looks like the mods changed the title to one that''s much better. Please don''t be afraid to vent away. i really do believe though that it all going to work out. WF will fix it if there is a problem, have no doubt about that.

Great. I asked them to change it for me. Glad they could.

BTW, the pictures were emailed to me but I forwarded those to my BF and respected his wishes and didn''t take a look at them . . . I promised him, gave him my word and this has really tested my ability to keep my word . . . don''t know if I will make it to the end of the day not looking at them though.

BF didn''t see anything in the pictures that put up red flags so maybe I can take some hope in the fact that it isn''t a mangled mess but issues more subtle than that.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Sorry to hear you are upset, Hikerchick. That being said, you REALLY need your husband-to-be to let you see this ring. I dont know why he is holding it back from you. He told you about all the things that are wrong with the ring, yet he wont show it to you, even though you are so upset you can't even sleep? Seems very selfish to me.

Is there a chance he is pulling your leg? If he is, this really is a cruel joke. But honestly, this just doesn't sound like WF's work at all...Tell your bf that he needs to show you the ring. Period. If there truly is something wrong, WF will make it right- I have no doubt.

Good luck- this will all work out!

jxl

Rough_Rock
hikerchick, sorry to hear it. Understand your feeling. Hope it''s turne to be fine soon.

I ordered a stone from WF too, and just sent my own diamond e-ring to WF this Monday.
WF will set the new stone in my e-ring and make my old stone to a pendant.
Now I am very nervious...
8.gif
I am very picky in detail too.

jxl

Rough_Rock
hikerchick, I really hope your BF is kidding you ...

DiamondGuy21

Rough_Rock
29.gif
You should not feel bad about posting your experience online. You did business with them and they can deal with the possibility of upset customers. If they have made you feel bad at all you should return the ring, get your money back and take your business elsewhere. Finally, ask to talk to your sales reps manager and deal with that person. Your sales rep sounds like a jerk and I would not sit back and take that. That person is lucky they are not dealing with me because I would not be so nice.
29.gif

:)

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Hikerchick, I am so sorry, first of all to you for feeling this way - I would not have slept a wink. You are always very sweet and helpful to other posters. I will tell you my gut feeling through all of this (yes, I read the whole thread - this was my gut from the first sentence) is actually that the ring is not in poor condition, but that your boyfriend TRULY wants a surprise for you since you ''forced'' your way to help him select the ring (as you mentioned you helped "he let me help with picking the diamond and setting after much convincing"
2.gif
) I suspect that he thought that telling you it was horrible would throw you off the scent of when he was going to propose. He may have something special planned that he did not want you to expect. Being a ''guy'' (no slight intended), he just truly did not realize how much agony this would cause you (those guys, they just never get us chicks anyway!). He was probably sort of proud of himself for throwing you off a bit - glad (not in a mean way) that you really bought the story as evidenced by your lack of sleep last night. It is just a guess, but truly my gut feeling on this.

Things that also made me suspect my theory more:
1. he won''t let you see the ''damaged'' ring
2. WF still feels the ring doesn''t have a problem (I am assuming they looked at their pics)
3. he was able to sleep last night
11.gif

4. he is not stressing over returning it within the given time period (i.e. he was not on the phone when they opened today, or calling from his lunch break, etc - that is a lot of $$ to spend, and where there is a will, there is a way to find access to a computer or phone to call even if you aren''t supposed to!)

I certainly could be wrong, and only time will tell. I think this will all work out in the end. I hope this makes you feel a little bit better, and p.s. I would KILL him when this is all over IF my guess is correct!!!
11.gif
(that is if WF doesn''t find him first!!!
6.gif
)

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/25/2007 4:55:48 PM
Author: :)
Oh Hikerchick, I am so sorry, first of all <HUGS> to you for feeling this way - I would not have slept a wink. You are always very sweet and helpful to other posters. I will tell you my gut feeling through all of this (yes, I read the whole thread - this was my gut from the first sentence) is actually that the ring is not in poor condition, but that your boyfriend TRULY wants a surprise for you since you ''forced'' your way to help him select the ring (as you mentioned you helped ''he let me help with picking the diamond and setting after much convincing''
2.gif
) I suspect that he thought that telling you it was horrible would throw you off the scent of when he was going to propose. He may have something special planned that he did not want you to expect. Being a ''guy'' (no slight intended), he just truly did not realize how much agony this would cause you (those guys, they just never get us chicks anyway!). He was probably sort of proud of himself for throwing you off a bit - glad (not in a mean way) that you really bought the story as evidenced by your lack of sleep last night. It is just a guess, but truly my gut feeling on this.

Things that also made me suspect my theory more:

1. he won''t let you see the ''damaged'' ring

2. WF still feels the ring doesn''t have a problem (I am assuming they looked at their pics)

3. he was able to sleep last night
11.gif

4. he is not stressing over returning it within the given time period (i.e. he was not on the phone when they opened today, or calling from his lunch break, etc - that is a lot of $$ to spend, and where there is a will, there is a way to find access to a computer or phone to call even if you aren''t supposed to!)

I certainly could be wrong, and only time will tell. I think this will all work out in the end. I hope this makes you feel a little bit better, and p.s. I would KILL him when this is all over IF my guess is correct!!!
11.gif
(that is if WF doesn''t find him first!!!
6.gif
)

You know, I thought all these same things as I started seeing some of your posts and began to feel really UPSET with him and feeling like he "threw me under a bus" so I called him the MINUTE he was out of work at 4:30pm EST and explained what has been going on all day and HE IS FURIOUS. First of all, he is mad at me that I wouldn''t know him well enough to know that THIS is not something he''d kid about and also upset that my sales rep would have made me feel the way he did (I haven''t told you guys nearly how bad I felt after that conversation because I didn''t want to fuel the fire I had inadvertently started).

When my BF picks me up at work in 45 minutes, he will be calling them directly. I haven''t demanded to see the ring yet, BUT I think I am going to try and work my charm tonight, so hopefully you will get a first-hand update. I want to take it to our appraiser and get some unbaised feedback on the ring BEFORE it gets shipped back tomorrow, that is if he can squeeze us in last minute.

THANK YOU to all who have been supportive in a nice and kind way. I am feeling a lot better now and hopefully will continue to feel better.

Leslie, THANK YOU for your kind response and for your professional encouragement and acceptance of my posting this thread. My BF will be in touch with WF in the next hour or so. Thanks again.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good luck tonight Hikerchick. I hope it all gets sorted out. I wouldn''t just work your charm on him - I would tell him outright that you want to see that ring. He needs to show you to put you out of your misery. Your brain has been working overtime all day and most of last night. If he wants you to get any decent sleep tonight he would show you.

Maisie

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Perhaps your bf is just kidding you? My hubby likes to do this sometimes, tell me something is terribly bad and then later comes up with something entirely the opposite. I guess it is expectations management? Don''t fret about it. Men are usually very pragmatic, if something is really wrong and you have only 10days to revert to WF, I am quite certain that your bf would have been the first to get on the phone with them, especially so when you mention that he has never felt comfortable about online purchases before.

If he is still refusing to let you see it and not worrying about the 10 day period, I think there is chance that he may be kidding you.

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry, should have read your earlier post about him being mad -- so he does not seem to be kidding then..

shawee

Rough_Rock
I am not trying to be rude but I think it was a little pre-mature complaining about something you have not seen yourself. I know you trust your bf but something as big as this, you will need the see the ring yourself before calling and getting all upset. Also, you have to trust your bf when he said he will take care of everything. I hate to sound insensitive but maybe you somehow made things worse by getting bent out of shape so quickly.

jamiesorr

Shiny_Rock
Hikerchick, I am sorry you were so upset today. Hopefully you will be sorting this out as we speak.

Best wishes for a happy ending!

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
Hikerchick- I am sorry sorry to hear you are upset. This is for you to make you feel a bit better
emrose.gif
emrose.gif
emrose.gif
emrose.gif
emrose.gif
emrose.gif
emrose.gif
emrose.gif
emrose.gif
emrose.gif
emrose.gif
emrose.gif
face1.gif

As far as the ring goes, I really think you need to see it for yourself. I know you BF wants it to be a suprise but at this point I think it will be very hard to go without seeing it. If he absolutely won''t let you see it then you need to just take a step back, relax and trust him to deal with it.

It is quite alright for you to be sad and post on the forum but you have to remember that what you have said is all hearsay. It''s hard for people to be helpful when you yourself have not seen the problem to describe it or have pics of it to show. You said you have come here for emotional support and I believe the people here have and will continue to give it to you.

I have had quite a few dealings with WF and I can say that they have great customer service. I myself have had a few bumps with things that they have done for me but in the end they went above and beyond to make me happy. I think if you do some searching on here you will find that that is the case 100% of the time. Their customer service is top notch. As far as the sales rep saying that to you, he might have felt a bit hurt/confused that you posted before you even had a chance to look at it yourself. I am sure that they would have liked for you to have seen it before you made any comments, good or bad. If you had asked your boyfriend how it looked and he said great, I don''t think you would have started a thead untill you had seen it yourself, would you?

That said, everyone makes mistakes even WF who is highly reputable. They would not be human if they didn''t. But no matter what, if there is a problem or not, I believe they will do whatever it takes to make it right. They truly are a wondeful company. I also believe they they can deal with the good and the bad posts, just look at Harriet. That was quite a big deal to alot of people but in the end they did what they could do to make her happy. People here will contine to recomend WF I''m sure, I think even you at the end of all this.

I wish you the best of luck, keep your chin up!!

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/25/2007 5:44:31 PM
Author: shawee
I am not trying to be rude but I think it was a little pre-mature complaining about something you have not seen yourself. I know you trust your bf but something as big as this, you will need the see the ring yourself before calling and getting all upset. Also, you have to trust your bf when he said he will take care of everything. I hate to sound insensitive but maybe you somehow made things worse by getting bent out of shape so quickly.
Okay, so I have now seen it with my own eyes and can confirm everything my boyfriend saw, so I am hoping I can now make statements about being upset without having people tell me I am not allowed to be upset.

I can now confirm that there are ATLEAST a half dozen "dings" in the platinum along the metal by each of the row of sidestones, they are visible by eye but hard to distinguish in the pictures but we are going to try and capture them in the pictures tonight .

The center stone is set uneven. One side is high and the other low. This also though hard to see in the pictures is visible once you know it is there. It is further confirmed that the center stone is off-kilter when you place the ring upside down. You can then see that it is indeed off-kilter.

Finally, the entire head of the stone is set a few degrees off from the usual placement of the 4 prong head so the entire head looks odd set when you look at it from either side or the top.

The pictures don''t always capture everything because a lot of times the shine of the platinum can cover it or the ding looks like a shine, when in reality they are "dings". Hope all that makes sense. I will try to get pictures of what I am talking about.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Cinderella, you edited your last double post at the same time we were removing one of the duplicates... please re-post your message again

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, now that we know, I''m sure WF will make it good.

ezwinner701

Rough_Rock
wow sorry to hear about that. I''m new to PS and WF as well, but i''m sure WF will do everything and make this right.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry to hear about your trouble with the ring, hikerchick. It doesn''t sound like the sales rep handled the situation well at all.
38.gif
But I''m glad you got to see the ring with your own eyes to confirm things for yourself. Hopefully everything will be sorted out soon.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
gosh what a long thread this turned into. i did kind of think it was a wee bit premature to come here and have a mini freak-out being so upset at the time...and before even seeing the ring...but hey it happens, spending thouands on online rings make people really emotional. we've seen it here tons of times before. and you will always get those who are going to say 'oh my gosh i'm so sorry, come here and let me give you hugs' and those who are more like 'hmm let's dissect this and examine it'...it's part of what is so fun about PS. the variety of personalities.

bottom line is wf will make it right. there is no doubt on that. so your story will have a happy ending.

good luck!!

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/25/2007 6:40:34 PM

Okay, so I have now seen it with my own eyes and can confirm everything my boyfriend saw, so I am hoping I can now make statements about being upset without having people tell me I am not allowed to be upset.

I can now confirm that there are ATLEAST a half dozen ''dings'' in the platinum along the metal by each of the row of sidestones, they are visible by eye but hard to distinguish in the pictures but we are going to try and capture them in the pictures tonight .

The center stone is set uneven. One side is high and the other low. This also though hard to see in the pictures is visible once you know it is there. It is further confirmed that the center stone is off-kilter when you place the ring upside down. You can then see that it is indeed off-kilter.

Finally, the entire head of the stone is set a few degrees off from the usual placement of the 4 prong head so the entire head looks odd set when you look at it from either side or the top.

The pictures don''t always capture everything because a lot of times the shine of the platinum can cover it or the ding looks like a shine, when in reality they are ''dings''. Hope all that makes sense. I will try to get pictures of what I am talking about.
That sounds horrible. We need pics!

shawee

Rough_Rock
Date: 1/25/2007 6:40:34 PM

I can now confirm that there are ATLEAST a half dozen ''dings'' in the platinum along the metal by each of the row of sidestones, they are visible by eye but hard to distinguish in the pictures but we are going to try and capture them in the pictures tonight .

The pictures don''t always capture everything because a lot of times the shine of the platinum can cover it or the ding looks like a shine, when in reality they are ''dings''. Hope all that makes sense. I will try to get pictures of what I am talking about.

Nothing about my post said that you are not allowed to be upset. I only said it''s premature. How would you feel if you found out later on that your bf was just trying to throw you off? I seriously think you would feel pretty silly. Again, just like everyone had said... WF will make things right. Good luck to you.

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
Hikerchick, it''s great that you''ve been able to confirm the flaws with your own eyes. I''m sorry this has been so upsetting. An ering has a lot of sentimental, emotional and financial value, and I would be upset too. Let''s hope this can get fixed quickly.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/25/2007 2:16:28 PM
Author: Odinsmom
Why, because I don''t go along with her hyteria over something that she can''t even confirm is a problem? Same as Harriet who came on half baked screaming about the vendor when the vendor bent over backwards to help her. Work with the vendor BEFORE slamming them on a forum. It''s the right, fair thing to do.
I find it odd that this person has only posted once this month before today, and the last post before that was a couple of years ago. It is also interesting that Harriet also had a salesperson be rude to her and in no way did she come "on half baked screaming about the vendor"!!! She certainly had every right to express concern that an independent appraiser thought her stone was a lower color than the AGS cert! But she subsequently dealt with other people at WF who obviously gave her very good customer service since she did keep her e-ring even though it was a lower color than she originally thought.

Aside from that, my personal experience is that WF certainly wants to please the customer, and I am sure they are very sorry if the ring went out with a flaw. I am sure they''ll make it perfect for you! Believe me, this has nothing to do with the ring being bought online..these kinds of things happen with any jeweler on occasion. Lesley and John illustrate the excellent customer service that WF offers.
1.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
hikerchick, I''m glad you BF let you see the ring. I''m also very sorry that it seems to have slipped pass WF''s quality control and you received a poorly done piece. Again, I have no doubt that WF will do what it takes to make it right.

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/25/2007 8:50:41 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006

Why, because I don''t go along with her hyteria over something that she can''t even confirm is a problem? Same as Harriet who came on half baked screaming about the vendor when the vendor bent over backwards to help her. Work with the vendor BEFORE slamming them on a forum. It''s the right, fair thing to do.
I find it odd that this person has only posted once this month before today, and the last post before that was a couple of years ago. It is also interesting that Harriet also had a salesperson be rude to her and in no way did she come ''on half baked screaming about the vendor''!!! She certainly had every right to express concern that an independent appraiser thought her stone was a lower color than the AGS cert! But she subsequently dealt with other people at WF who obviously gave her very good customer service since she did keep her e-ring even though it was a lower color than she originally thought.

Aside from that, my personal experience is that WF certainly wants to please the customer, and I am sure they are very sorry if the ring went out with a flaw. I am sure they''ll make it perfect for you! Believe me, this has nothing to do with the ring being bought online..these kinds of things happen with any jeweler on occasion. Lesley and John illustrate the excellent customer service that WF offers.
1.gif
I also made some of the above observations and thought maybe something was a bit "fishy" but decided I was in enough hot water with my thread so didn''t want to draw any more wrath on myself.

We are going to send the ring back tomorrow . . . the picture taking is not going so successfully, we''ll try again in daylight.
We have also decided that if it doesn''t come back perfect this time, we are going to return it and get them to send just the diamond back and fins someone local to do the setting . . . I am hoping that WF is still the wonderful customer oriented vendor everyone keeps raving about and that it will indeed be perfect when it comes back to us.

I also noticed that the invoice/sales slip says something about a cleaning kit, which never arrived with the ring as mentioned. BF says don''t worry about that but I think it gives further proof/data of a potential rush job or lack of attention for one reason or the other . . .

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/25/2007 8:50:41 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006

Why, because I don't go along with her hyteria over something that she can't even confirm is a problem? Same as Harriet who came on half baked screaming about the vendor when the vendor bent over backwards to help her. Work with the vendor BEFORE slamming them on a forum. It's the right, fair thing to do.
I find it odd that this person has only posted once this month before today, and the last post before that was a couple of years ago. It is also interesting that Harriet also had a salesperson be rude to her and in no way did she come 'on half baked screaming about the vendor'!!! She certainly had every right to express concern that an independent appraiser thought her stone was a lower color than the AGS cert! But she subsequently dealt with other people at WF who obviously gave her very good customer service since she did keep her e-ring even though it was a lower color than she originally thought.

Aside from that, my personal experience is that WF certainly wants to please the customer, and I am sure they are very sorry if the ring went out with a flaw. I am sure they'll make it perfect for you! Believe me, this has nothing to do with the ring being bought online..these kinds of things happen with any jeweler on occasion. Lesley and John illustrate the excellent customer service that WF offers.
1.gif
Odinsmom,
A number of points:
1. Pricescope is a "consumer advocate site." Thus, its raison de'etre is to facilitate the exchange of information between us buyers.
2. I consulted with a reputable independent appraiser. I did my due diligence, and my buying process was in no way "half-baked.".
3. I stated his and my opinions. That hardly constitutes "screaming" or "slamming".
4. I spoke with my vendor even before I started my thread. Unfortunately, the representative was extremely rude and the exchange unproductive.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results