shape
carat
color
clarity

Hubby's out of state, so I got 4 rings in the mail today! ;) Which one!?

M

MTHealthyLiving

So I've posted about this before, and at the encouragement of some of you, I decided I just need to start trying on more rings with mine. We live in a more rural area and I don't really like the "pressure" of looking at rings in a jewelry store, so I finally just ordered some online on a credit card knowing I can return them after trying them on at home.

So here's what I got today and I'd just like some opinions. This would be for a potential anniversary ring. I was kind of thinking about wearing a right hand ring, but the more I think about it, having a ring on my right hand all the time would bother me. I just am really liking the thought of enhancing my WR/ER set.

Ring #1. It's actually a CZ but if I got a band like it I would go for real diamonds. I got the CZ just for the purposes of seeing what it looks like. :) I think this is my least favorite of the 4.
IMG_20180124_162117.jpg

Ring #2. A 7 stone shared prong. (Also CZ for the purposes of just trying it on for looks). I like this one more. It has more of a presence and packs a little more punch with my otherwise "plain" wedding band.
IMG_20180124_162702.jpg

Ring #3. Real diamonds and 14K gold. I really like something about this one as well.
IMG_20180124_163113.jpg

Ring #4. Similar to ring #3 except it has diamonds all over instead of just the contoured part. A little more bling. I'm normally not a very blingy person, but I think it still compliments my ring pretty well. IMG_20180124_163757.jpg

As you can see, my wedding ring shape it kind of tricky to find something that fits with it perfectly. I am fine with a gap. I actually think I prefer it. I also kind of like the assymetrical look of not having the ring guard on both sides, so if that bothers you, I'm sorry. :) I have a few more rings coming in the mail tomorrow too.

Shame on me! I'm sending them all back, but I just want to pick a favorite so I can heavily hint to hubby which one I want. :)

OOOOORRRR...

What about a curved diamond band (like just the diamond part of number 3) on each side of your ring? That would really add some sparkle but make your ER pop!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The last two look pretty nice! Yanno, you have done a great job of finding rings that complement your ering Ladyonthelake!

ladyonthelake

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@MTHealthyLiving - I actually tried on a plain curved diamond band at our local jeweler some time ago. At the time, I wasn't wowed by it. Maybe I need to go back and try it again with fresh eyes. I think I'm would just stick to adding the band on one side, instead of 2 surrounding my current set. I really like the assymetrical look, although at this point, maybe I should just try 2! Hubby's in Chicago next week, afterall! :mrgreen:

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
#1 because it is classic, classy and not too matchy: it enhances the uniqueness of your e-ring.

Staceyjan

Shiny_Rock
Premium
It is good that you have some time to play with them on and see how they look in different lightings, etc.

Did you narrow or eliminate any?

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
OP, like most of your choices, but like the crowd, I love 3 or 4. 4 is my fav by just a bit.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think 3 and 4 look like the most matching to your engagement ring. Either is good but I lean towards 3. I doubt you’re going to find that exact design somewhere else, so your best bet really is to buy one of these. You can do custom, but it will likely cost a lot more and you never know if the outcome will be as good. They would have to have the ring you are looking at to go by anyway.

ladyonthelake

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@Staceyjan , yes I've definitely eliminated all the rings except 3 and 4. I just wish I could make a decision on one or the other. But I think the scales are tipped just slightly towards #4. I think. Ha ha. I'm going to give it some time to think it over. In the meantime, they're being sent back. I might end up sharing some pics with my husband and see if he likes one. The rings are both so awesome that I feel like no matter what I pick I'll regret not having the other.

Staceyjan

Shiny_Rock
Premium
That is great that you did narrow it down. Those two were also my favorite. Yes, either one is a perfect choice. If it was me, I would select #4 because of the extra bling. Maybe have DH pick the special one and surprise you.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another vote for #3... it just looks like it was made for your ring!

ladyonthelake

Shiny_Rock
Premium
#3 certainly does look like it's made for it!

My next steps... I'm getting another ring (yes, a #9!) in the mail on Tuesday. It's kind of a marriage of ring 3 and 4. It has the split or gapped look of #3 but is fully covered in diamonds like 4. The other thing I'm going to do is go try on the ring my local jeweler said that have that is similar. I will update then!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
After seeing the "real life" photo I think #3, but it has to be what YOU prefer. BTW - you're a cutie-pie!!

ladyonthelake

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Ring #9 is here! One thing that kind of surprised me is how sparkly it is, which is so pretty. I can't believe it's more sparkly than #4. Here's some pics. I think I'm digging a deeper hole for myself. There are things I like about this one too. :)
IMG_20180130_115054.jpg IMG_20180130_115211.jpg IMG_20180130_115238.jpg IMG_20180130_115305.jpg IMG_20180130_115352.jpg IMG_20180130_115402.jpg

Rubybrick

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ring #9 is here! One thing that kind of surprised me is how sparkly it is, which is so pretty. I can't believe it's more sparkly than #4. Here's some pics. I think I'm digging a deeper hole for myself. There are things I like about this one too. :)
IMG_20180130_115054.jpg IMG_20180130_115211.jpg IMG_20180130_115238.jpg IMG_20180130_115305.jpg IMG_20180130_115352.jpg IMG_20180130_115402.jpg
I still like 3 or 4, this latest one looks slightly awkward with the “dip” in the middle.

Drizzle

Rough_Rock
Completely agree with @Rubybrick...if it's between #9 and #4, I much prefer #4...I think the gap is a little awkward in #9.

I also quite like #8...which looks similar to #3. Can you do a photo of #3 and #8 next to each other? I'm having a hard tine deciding between #3, #4, and #8!

ladyonthelake

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Ok thanks for the input @Rubybrick and @Drizzle !

I did send back ring #8 already so unfortunately I can't do a side by side comparison anymore.

The one thing that does bother me about this current ring, #9, is that the contour doesn't fit quite as well as #3 and #4 do. I also don't like that the diamonds don't go down a little further down the side, so it kind of squares the ring off when viewing it from the top.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nope, I'm still 100% for ring #3. It's the metal that makes it look so good with your ering. It's nice because it gives you the sparkle you crave, but the metal pulls it all together. It looks very deliberate without being matchy-matchy. The bands with all diamonds just don't look cohesive, IMO.

elizabethess

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Even though it's pretty and sparkly, I think you're right that #9 isn't quite as well-fit :)

Looking forward to a seeing (hopefully! please post!) a pic of the #4 style that your local shop carries, since you seem to be leaning that way :) Any other options on the horizon? Or do you need another hubby trip away? :whistle:

ladyonthelake

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone! That confirms it...#9 isn't making the wishlist. :) Thank you for your eyes!

ladyonthelake

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@elizabethess , I don't have any more rings on the way, and don't plan on it. The only thing I could possibly see trying is just a plain diamond contour band with no extra metal, but honestly I think I'm just going to keep coming back to 3 and 4 anyways, so maybe I shouldn't even waste the energy.

I'm not sure when I'm going to get to my jeweler to try on the ring they have that is like #4. Hopefully in the next week. :)

Staceyjan

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Still vote for 3 or 4 since I do not love how uneven 9 looks.

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
4 is my favorite! You can return the rest :)

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Go for 4!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results