shape
carat
color
clarity

Hubby's out of state, so I got 4 rings in the mail today! ;) Which one!?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really love three with your set the number 4 is more bling sure but I like number three becuase that additional little bit of plain metal makes it seem like it’s cohesive with your set. It pulls the design of your e ring into the band. I don’t think 4 does that.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm split between #3 (51%) and #4 (49%).
Do me a favor and take a IRL picture of each, like in a mirror with your hand resting on your shoulder. NOT close up - I want to see how they compare from a distance.

elizabethess

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I think 3 and 4 are both great (and better than 5 and 6 follow ups). Both well-integrated and flattering. Since many anniversary bands we see around here tend to be diamond-centric, I think #4 *feels* more like an anniversary band to me. But, both work well with your set!

elizabethess

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I really love three with your set the number 4 is more bling sure but I like number three becuase that additional little bit of plain metal makes it seem like it’s cohesive with your set. It pulls the design of your e ring into the band. I don’t think 4 does that.

Yes, you're so right, this is why I initially gravitated to ring #3... the additional bit of plain metal makes it feel like a cohesive set. Then, after thinking about it I preferred #4 because OP already has a wedding set and I like anniversary bands with a bit of individual authority :)

ladyonthelake

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@motownmama , per your request. Hopefully these pics are better representation. :)

#3 IMG_20180125_124919.jpg

And #4
IMG_20180125_125456.jpg

JmeeMrie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
#3 flows very well with your ring..

Staceyjan

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I wish my DH noticed a little more but would drive me crazy if he noticed too much-lol. I once bought a small stacking RG diamond ring right in front of him from while we were visiting his friend that owns a pawn shop. He did not even have a clue.

I also like number 6 but think 3 and 4 stand out more. I think because they are a little different.

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
4 then 3. I don’t think you can go wrong with either 4 or 3. Truly!

KirstLWA

Shiny_Rock
Premium
3 or 4 are perfect!

It’s a hard choice as both are beautiful!

Good luck!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
4 then 3, either one you can’t go wrong!

tlfiore

Shiny_Rock
Hi-both #3 and #4 are lovely. I like the way #3 articulates with your solitaire best. I love the curves of #3 and it highlights your solitaire without overpowering it...and vice versa. I also agree you can appreciate the diamonds on band #3 more so than on band #4.

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love #3 ...but.... #6 with all diamonds looks very pretty too. Can't you just buy two??!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
#3! It adds the perfect amount of bling without taking any attention away from your main stone. It looks like it was made to go together to me, even though it wasn’t.
#3 looks like it was made to match. My fave. #4 if you want more bling, like @ac117 says.

ladyonthelake

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I found a couple more rings on Amazon that I should be getting today that are very similar to 3 and 4. I'm hoping one will have enough edge over the others. I'll post picks! I appreciate all the feedback, and am glad that so many of you are saying I can't go wrong with either.

I like #3 because I do think it has a more "edgy" look to it. One of you described it as "sharp". I think that is a good description. Many of you say the diamonds jump out more. I totally agree. And there is something about having the metal that makes it more shiny despite it having less diamonds. It almost has a more "cool" look to it (as opposed to warm). The thing I'm not sure about #3, is when I look at it, I see a lot of lines. There is a line between my ER and WR where they are soldered together, and then a line from that to the diamonds, and then the gap and finally the thin metal part of what would be my anniversary band. I don't know if that's necessarily a bad thing, but it looks kind of "busy" to me sometimes.

I like #4, and I think @elizabethess kind of nailed it as to why. It feels very "anniversary" to me. It feels like it has authority. Even with all the diamonds and extra "bling", it feels warm and soft on my eyes when I look at it, as opposed to the "cold" look of all the metal of my current bands. It feels romantic and sweet. #3 to me looks awesome, but it is definitely a different feel. Which is what makes it so hard!!!

I'm pretty sentimental with my jewelry. And I don't have a lot. So I want the one I pick to be "the one".

Maybe what I get it the mail today will be the answer. I will be sure to post updates! Thanks for all of your opinions and good eyes for things like this!!!

I should also note that I reached out to my local, trusted, fabulous jeweler to see if they carried a ring like #4, and was told they do have something almost identical! I just feel better about getting something local instead of some random seller on Amazon, even if it will cost way more. :)

mco312

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I vote for #4, but I'm excited to see more options too.

As to where to order, I would consider having it custom made if you can't find anything similar at any of the PS vendors.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like #4. Number #3 is nice but your e-ring has a fair amount of metal with no stones so I think the band with all stones is a better look.

ladyonthelake

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I reached out to WhiteFlash (I've just seen on here that people mention them a lot), to see if they had a similar ring. I was told "yes", but then told that these rings are made specifically for a certain engagement ring and don't really match up with other rings. I told her I've tried on 2 and they work perfectly. She just suggested I get the ones I have tried on then. I was super surprised. She didn't send any links or anything for me to look and decide for myself. Not super impressed.....

What others are PS Vendors?

ladyonthelake

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Nevermind to above comment. I found the thread listing all the vendors. :)

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can tell you are more excited about #4, so you should get something like that, something that makes you happy and excited! good luck if you want to replicate elsewhere. : )

Staceyjan

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I am surprised that WF or any vendor that you would ask to make this ring wouldn’t want the sale. But, maybe it is more work creating a new design and the price would also have to reflect the time that went into the creation. Would it ever be possible to ask the maker of the ring that you like to send the setting w out diamonds a vendor that you like so you can use their diamonds?

ladyonthelake

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Alright, here is today's shipment. Oh man I am so awful!!!! Ha ha ha

We'll call this one #7. LOL!!! I think it has a nice presence from afar, but I don't really like looking at it close up. Too much thick metal. But just for fun here's the pics. IMG_20180126_110741.jpg IMG_20180126_110907.jpg

And #8. I like this one better out of the 2, but I don't think it has the draw that #3 and #4 have. The diamonds are a smaller than #3. I don't like that as much. It looks fine but I'm just not feeling it. Doesn't have quite enough guts. :) IMG_20180126_111418.jpg IMG_20180126_111314.jpg

ladyonthelake

Shiny_Rock
Premium
The curve on these last 2 also doesn't fit as well as 3 and 4. These are definitely going back. You couldn't talk me into them if you tried!!! Lol

@Staceyjan yes i was kind of surprised at the lack of trying to win a sale by the lady I chatted with at Whiteflash. But it was an online chat, so I don't know if that makes a difference.

@KristinTech We have a Wedding Day diamonds within reach that carries that line. I'll have to check them out next time I'm in the "city". Ha ha ;-)

M

MTHealthyLiving

So I've posted about this before, and at the encouragement of some of you, I decided I just need to start trying on more rings with mine. We live in a more rural area and I don't really like the "pressure" of looking at rings in a jewelry store, so I finally just ordered some online on a credit card knowing I can return them after trying them on at home.

So here's what I got today and I'd just like some opinions. This would be for a potential anniversary ring. I was kind of thinking about wearing a right hand ring, but the more I think about it, having a ring on my right hand all the time would bother me. I just am really liking the thought of enhancing my WR/ER set.

Ring #1. It's actually a CZ but if I got a band like it I would go for real diamonds. I got the CZ just for the purposes of seeing what it looks like. :) I think this is my least favorite of the 4.
IMG_20180124_162117.jpg

Ring #2. A 7 stone shared prong. (Also CZ for the purposes of just trying it on for looks). I like this one more. It has more of a presence and packs a little more punch with my otherwise "plain" wedding band.
IMG_20180124_162702.jpg

Ring #3. Real diamonds and 14K gold. I really like something about this one as well.
IMG_20180124_163113.jpg

Ring #4. Similar to ring #3 except it has diamonds all over instead of just the contoured part. A little more bling. I'm normally not a very blingy person, but I think it still compliments my ring pretty well. IMG_20180124_163757.jpg

As you can see, my wedding ring shape it kind of tricky to find something that fits with it perfectly. I am fine with a gap. I actually think I prefer it. I also kind of like the assymetrical look of not having the ring guard on both sides, so if that bothers you, I'm sorry. :) I have a few more rings coming in the mail tomorrow too.

Shame on me! I'm sending them all back, but I just want to pick a favorite so I can heavily hint to hubby which one I want. :)

2 is too big and 3 & 4 too matchy.
I think something more like 1, but not eternity. I personally think something that doesn’t match, and creates a gap can be beautiful/classy.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results