shape
carat
color
clarity

Hubby's out of state, so I got 4 rings in the mail today! ;) Which one!?

elizabethess

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@elizabethess , I don't have any more rings on the way, and don't plan on it. The only thing I could possibly see trying is just a plain diamond contour band with no extra metal, but honestly I think I'm just going to keep coming back to 3 and 4 anyways, so maybe I shouldn't even waste the energy.

I'm not sure when I'm going to get to my jeweler to try on the ring they have that is like #4. Hopefully in the next week. :)

Smart move! You don't want to over-options yourself (is that a word? You know what I mean :mrgreen2: )

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
#3 followed by #4. Either looks nice with your set.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Keep both 3 and 4!

Lovesparklesparle

Shiny_Rock
4 looks best and most balanced to me. Then 3. The straight bands don’t really compliment the movement in your e ring and look a bit awkward

ladyonthelake

Shiny_Rock
Premium
IMG_20180127_085726.jpg
IMG_20180127_085722.jpg A few last pics from my last try on before I sent these back.
IMG_20180127_090343.jpg IMG_20180127_090354.jpg i haven't made any progress in deciding. Lol.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why don’t you want to pick 3?

Why don’t you want to pick 4?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deliberate waste of time!:x2

ladyonthelake

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@Niel - I don't want to pick 3 cause it looks "busy" to me looking at it close up. But I don't want to pick 4 because I wonder if it's too blingy for me. Interesting question though.

Thank you all for your opinions! :kiss2:

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm still a fan of #3 or #4. They go so well with your set without being "matchy-matchy".
Do you know what's making you hesitate on them?

ladyonthelake

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@foxinsox the problem is there's truly things I love about both. They are both so similar but so different. :) There must be someone on this forum who has had to make a tough decision. Or not? Lol

ladyonthelake

Shiny_Rock
Premium
But yes, I'm done looking otherwise. It's going to be one of these 2.

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For me it's #4 all the way. I really like #3 but because your wedding set already has 2 plain metal bands together, #3 adds yet another plain metal band on the other side of the diamond band and then it's three plain metal bands. So it looks a little metally to me. But....I do like it. #4 on the other hand looks delicate and dainty while also being substantial. It also looks like it would be beautiful as a stand alone band if you wanted to have that option. #3 as a stand alone looks like it's part of a wedding set and you're simply wearing it solo (which there's nothing wrong with that!). For whatever reason #4 reminds me of a design Tiffany might carry and I get the faintest hint of a bow and I love it. I think your wedding set is gorgeous and it has a hint of dainty with the little diamonds on each side of the center stone, but the overall design is modern. I like that #4 plays up the dainty and sparkly factor while still adhering physically and aesthetically to the modern swoopy curve of your set. I think #4 is just gorgeous!

I wanted to say I am sooo with you on looking at many options and trying everything on. It's such a good way to feel great about your choice!

ladyonthelake

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank you @JDDN for that!!! I think most of your points are why I like #4 so much, you just put the words together so much better than I could have! It feels so different than what I currently have, which is kind of a nice change in my mind. Not that I don't love my current set. :) But I too just keep not feeling too sure about adding more of a metal look, even though it does go perfectly with my ring, even looks custom made as some have said.

Something about #4 is just extra special. I keep being drawn to it. and I'm not sure why because I tend to go for more simple things... I'll look at #3 and think "that looks really good! Actually, it looks awesome from the ''afar" pic with my hand resting on my shoulder." But then I look at #4, and you're so right about that "bow" effect. I love love love that!!! And I love how it is substantial. I definitely wouldn't call my current ring substantial. It's kind of a fun change and a totally different feeling.

And I want to make sure I'm being true to myself in whatever I choose. That's my big hang up with #4. Can I "pull it off" so-to-speak? Maybe that sounds totally silly to put it that way. We ARE talking about inanimate objects, after all :)... But then again I think I'm in the right place cause it's kind of what this forum is all about. Lol!!!

Thanks for listening to me go back and forth. I think the more I am talking it through, the more I'm leaning towards #4.

I can hear the collective sighs coming from the #3 camp already!!! :)

We will see.

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know, I completely understand about wondering if you can "pull it off!" I have loved things and then bought them and realized they just aren't me. But as you said, that is what this forum is for. We are here to parse through all the little details and minutia and it's so fun =)2.

Are you worried #4 is too blingy? I think I would ask you.....what do you intend this band to be? An everyday band? A special occasion band? Both? I am very casual and tend to like 'simple' style-wise, but I love the subtle bling (obviously since I'm here so often, lol). If you are looking for a piece that has that "extra special" then #4 certainly fits that and the great thing is that it's a band you can add or wear alone or leave off. I understand that because #3 looks like it's made for your set that that is part of the draw, but (my opinion only here!) I actually like #4 because it doesn't look like it was made for your set, rather it is a beautiful stand alone band that happens to perfectly compliment your set. All just my opinions ;)2.

It all boils down to what makes you feel great and giddy and special while you are wearing it. You have some really lovely choices and I look forward to seeing what you choose!!

ladyonthelake

Shiny_Rock
Premium
As far as my "intentions" for the band, @JDDN, I would probably wear the new band all the time. I'm just laughing to myself cause I can picture #4 with all my flannel shirts I wear. :) I definitely like to dress up too for church, going out, special occasions, but I'm pretty low maintenance otherwise. Ha ha

I'm totally in agreement too in how you like #4 even more because it isn't that "made for my set" look. It's kind of like it's saying "hi, I'm new here". And I love that. Lol

Yep, the more I talk about it, for sure, #4 makes me feel special and giddy about it.

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:P2 I'm happy for you that you are getting closer to a decision!! I think #4 as an everyday is perfect!

Lol, at your flannel shirts and bling. I rock the flannel shirt and diamond ring too :lol-2:. For me it's my own personal special something that I love and that makes me feel wonderful :roll2:.

ladyonthelake

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I'll make sure to join the "flannel shirts and bling" thread when I get my ring someday. Ha ha!

Thanks again!

elizabethess

Shiny_Rock
Premium
100% agree with @JDDN analysis and you have been saying throughout that you're drawn to or leaning towards #4. Embrace the bling :)

ladyonthelake

Shiny_Rock
Premium
What a good point to make! It was definitely #4.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like 4 but I'm a blingwhore from way back when..... Seriously by the time the stones get dirty from wear you will stop even noticing all the bling. You like that one the best, buy it or no.3.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Late to thread but my choice is first for #3 (just the right amount of bling and the metal makes it more cohesive with your ER) and then #4. They are both beautiful with your ER and you cannot go wrong but IMO 3 flows better with your ER. Good luck... it's a good decision to have to make!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missed your update and I think 4 is a great choice. Enjoy and please come back with more pics. It’s a gorgeous combo. :appl::love:

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve reread this entire thread - YOU WANT #4 - get it - it’s NOT too blingy.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results