shape
carat
color
clarity

How often...

How often do people comment on your ring?

• Constantly...I''m always complimented

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Rarely...occasionally someone will comment on it

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gummybear

Rough_Rock
I haven''t received any compliments, aside from friends doing the obligatory ring look. Maybe with my new ring?
2.gif

But I am guilty of complimenting strangers. If I see a ring like and it isn''t completely weird to tell them I will. I would never grab someones hand though...I can''t imagine doing that. Most people smile and say thank you...I think some people seem embarassed almost.

Lv2shopp

Shiny_Rock
I get complimented alot. Have alot of bling. lol. In my group of close friends, I have the largest stone and probably the largest collection of jewelry amongst them.
17.gif

Futuremrss

Shiny_Rock
Well, if I were trapped in an elevator with any of you, you can bet that I would grab your hand and compliment! I am not afraid to look at someone''s ring finger. I am afraid some people do not know what I am really up to...I am just getting ideas and seeing what else is out there.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Not that often, because it''s in a simple solitaire setting. I have several friends with smaller diamonds in gorgeous intricate settings, and I think they get a lot more compliments.

I do get compliments from size people though - I guess 2 cts can get noticed - my husband was actually beaming the other day, because a security guard in a museum we visited this weekend (a guy!) stopped us to compliment my ring, because he said he was blinded by it
emsmileo.gif
He told me that I was a lucky girl to get such a gorgeous ring, and my husband was really happy.

I think now he''s really happy that we switched to an RB - no one ever complimented my asscher in front of him, and people always assumed it wa ssmaller than it was front of him, which bugged him. We''re going to upgrade the setting for our anniversary next year, and I can''t wait!

kellyfish

Brilliant_Rock
I shamelessly now wear both my RB on one hand and the asscher as a rhr. Even with jeans. A shameless attempt to solicit compliments on my part--even with tennis shoes and shorts or jeans. I love office-type illumination. I have become a shallow sparkly-,brained person! I sometimes have people comment, but I''ll bet they notice. Jeez I need to work on my myself!! Look at the depths I have sunken to!!!!! My DH thinks it is funny.

sparkleandshine

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/4/2008 1:15:27 PM
Author: poshpepper

Date: 3/4/2008 12:42:53 PM
Author: louisvgirl

Date: 3/1/2008 11:15:52 AM
Author: musey

Date: 3/1/2008 1:42:51 AM
Author: coatimundi

Date: 3/1/2008 1:35:10 AM

Date: 3/1/2008 12:48:13 AM

For the most part? Not so much. People are more likely to notice my clothes or bag or something. (I get more comments about my jeans than anything!) In LA, there''s so much crazy abundance all around--so many other things to notice.
Coati, I''m so behind! I didn''t realize you were another LA-ite!
Oh! You are too! I''m a newbie, so I''m still figuring out where people are from.

I''m in Venice--where are You?
35.gif

Was in Los Feliz until I moved in with Hubby...
We just settled into a new apartment on the western edge of West Hollywood, before that Studio City. You''re a 1,000-post newbie, so that''s really not all that new
2.gif
Hey S.Cali. gals. I''m in the SCValley..
35.gif
Hi Coati.
SCValley girl here too!
25.gif
Hi everyone!
35.gif
Me too! I''m in burbank. I didn''t realize there were so many LA people here.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I get a lot of compliments too. Some very animated. Some kind of noisy. Always positive though. I think it is for a variety of reasons. I look rather young (10 years younger EASILY), I don''t think many people have seen ECs or at least not often, the sapphires make it unique, and on my hand it is a good size stone.

Futuremrss

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/4/2008 1:33:22 PM
Author: AmberWaves
I voted ''not really'', as like Musey and Coatimundi said, LA isn''t exactly teeming with small stones!

Coati: Since Venice is now a little more ''posh'', I''m sure the rocks are gettin'' bigger! I got married in Venice!

Most people think my stone is really included- since it''s a crushed glass radiant, it just looks ''busy''. Most people think it''s a very gross emerald! (Yes, someone actually said that to me at Costco!)
I NEVER would have guessed that LA and NYC would be boasting some larger stones! I thought all those Celebs got big discounts or even got them for free as long as they posted a picture or two in the tabloids with a plug for the jewelry store that gave it to them. For some reason I thought people (who were not stars) would be more modest there. I bet you have some nice jewelry stores in Beverly Hills! OOH, I would think I had died and gone to heaven.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/5/2008 8:10:31 PM
Author: sparkleandshine
Date: 3/4/2008 1:15:27 PM

Author: poshpepper

Date: 3/4/2008 12:42:53 PM

Author: louisvgirl

Date: 3/1/2008 11:15:52 AM

Date: 3/1/2008 1:42:51 AM

Date: 3/1/2008 1:35:10 AM

Date: 3/1/2008 12:48:13 AM

For the most part? Not so much. People are more likely to notice my clothes or bag or something. (I get more comments about my jeans than anything!) In LA, there''s so much crazy abundance all around--so many other things to notice.

Coati, I''m so behind! I didn''t realize you were another LA-ite!

Oh! You are too! I''m a newbie, so I''m still figuring out where people are from.

I''m in Venice--where are You?

35.gif

Was in Los Feliz until I moved in with Hubby...

We just settled into a new apartment on the western edge of West Hollywood, before that Studio City. You''re a 1,000-post newbie, so that''s really not all that new
2.gif
Hey S.Cali. gals. I''m in the SCValley..
35.gif
Hi Coati.
SCValley girl here too!
25.gif
Hi everyone!
35.gif
Me too! I''m in burbank. I didn''t realize there were so many LA people here.

35.gif
Whatup--LA area ladies!
Amber--so cool that you got married in Venice! I really love it by the beach. And yes, it has become quite poshified. It still has it''s boho pockets, but over where I am--the bling is blingin''
10.gif

Did you get married on the beach?

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
I voted "constantly". Whenever I go out, I get compliments. I talk a lot with my hands (it''s the Greek in me). Plus I am left-handed, so when I write people see it.

It''s funny - I''ve found that the baristas and cashiers are the ones who compliment me the most. I frequent a few different coffee shops, and they ALL know my rings. They drool over them ever time I go in there, and now they are going through withdrawls since my ring is with the jeweler being reset, lol! They could not figure out for the life of them why in the word I wanted to upgrade, that was until they saw the updgrade
emteeth.gif

I had a lady in line behind me at Costco grab my hand and in a very loud voice, "OMG your ring is gorgeous! How big is that thing? I bet that cost a fortune" So loud that everyone around me had to look. I was kind of embarrassed. Then she went on to ask me if I had daughters and how she bets they can''t wait til it is passed down to them. WTH??? Why would you say something like that to someone???

Most of the time I enjoy the compliments.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Impatient One, you and me in Costco, man! The lady actually pointed at my stone, told her husband that it was the shape she wanted, but "not as gross".
29.gif

Coati: We actually got married at the church my husband works at on Licoln off Venice Blvd.! I absolutely LOVE Venice, though. I get such a kick out of the fortune tellers on the beach. My Dad and I also frequent Main Street- not technically Venice, but it''s an awesome shopping place! We should have a meetup!

Futuremrss, there are definitely pockets of less affluent people who wear wedding bands only, so it''s not all "blinged"!

Futuremrss

Shiny_Rock
That obviously was someone who did not know anything about diamonds and I would not give it a second thought. I would have made her feel about this small had I been there with you. I love your ring and you can be proud knowing that there a a lot less diamonds cut in a radiant than in some of the other shapes...that so me makes it special. STOP GOING TO COSTCO. I know you can get a good deal on granola...but darn it!!! I would think with Rodeo Drive there you can see a great deal of the biggest bling.

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/7/2008 3:43:48 PM
Author: AmberWaves
Impatient One, you and me in Costco, man! The lady actually pointed at my stone, told her husband that it was the shape she wanted, but ''not as gross''.
29.gif

Coati: We actually got married at the church my husband works at on Licoln off Venice Blvd.! I absolutely LOVE Venice, though. I get such a kick out of the fortune tellers on the beach. My Dad and I also frequent Main Street- not technically Venice, but it''s an awesome shopping place! We should have a meetup!

Futuremrss, there are definitely pockets of less affluent people who wear wedding bands only, so it''s not all ''blinged''!

Wow, AmberWaves! I cannot believe someone actually said that to you! How incredibly RUDE! Obviously she was an ingnorant blob, as your ring is gorgeous!!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2008 7:56:15 PM
Author: Futuremrss
That obviously was someone who did not know anything about diamonds and I would not give it a second thought. I would have made her feel about this small had I been there with you. I love your ring and you can be proud knowing that there a a lot less diamonds cut in a radiant than in some of the other shapes...that so me makes it special. STOP GOING TO COSTCO. I know you can get a good deal on granola...but darn it!!! I would think with Rodeo Drive there you can see a great deal of the biggest bling.
LOL!!

Amber, I agree, an ignorant person at best....

Futuremrss

Shiny_Rock
I bet she wants a princess cut and had no idea why yours was not square. Uneducated people makes remarks like that when they are confused. Don''t sweat it. She probably thought it was a messed up princess cut. That is when I would have gone into teacher mode and made her feel about one inch tall.

Futuremrss

Shiny_Rock
OK...then just for kicks I would have added in that the cut was very rare and that is why she was confused and that it is really expensive cut. *I know that is not 100% true but it would have been just to offset her horrible comment. Well, on second thought a radiant is a fancy cut!!!

lovewhitediamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Never -- or let''s say rarely...unless I am in a jewelry store....
39.gif

But I''m actually good with it, because the one time someone said something they put their fingers all over my diamond.
Why do people feel the need to touch the stone? UGH!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone! I think it''s hilarious what people will actually say. It''s almost like you can hear the little hamster dying on the wheel that is their brain.
31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results