shape
carat
color
clarity

How often...

How often do people comment on your ring?

• Constantly...I''m always complimented

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Rarely...occasionally someone will comment on it

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I decided to post this here because I thought it would be an interesting question to pose to people who currently have their ring...

How many times do you actually get complimented on your ring in the "real world" when you''re out and about? I know of PS, esspecially in SMTR, it''s all rainbows and butterflies...but what about when you''re at the grocery store or mall? Do people stop you tell you how incredible your bauble is? Do the sales people grab your hand to get a better look? Or not so much?

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
When I wear it, I get compliments. My ring is sizeable and a good quality stone, and people notice it. Not all the comments are nice though, I have heard, Wow that is big, I think it is too big! Or I would not wear a ring that big! But, I ignore most people''s comments and enjoy my ring, I got it because I like it!

chiapet

Brilliant_Rock
I live in NYC and my 1.5 carat asscher cut is NOTHING compared to the huge blings that most women have here. However, I do get alot of compliments from co-workers and random people in stores.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/29/2008 11:25:54 PM
Author:Italiahaircolor

Do people stop you tell you how incredible your bauble is? Do the sales people grab your hand to get a better look?
Neither of those things has EVER happened to me
3.gif
I've probably had only 4 or 5 strangers comment on my ring it since I started wearing it (about a year ago). It's always just a simple "Oh, I love your ring, it's beautiful." Never anything gushy or overly curious.

I get more compliments on my clothes/bags than my ring. In fact, I get complimented on my new(ish) wallet practically EVERY time I take it out! I think fashion is a bit more on peoples' radars around here than bling is. That and, my ring is on the average to small end for my area (like chiapet mentioned).

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
My ER gets looks, once in a blue moon someone will comment on it, but then again, I don''t flash it around. Also I think since I wear Jeans and Polos, I''m dressed down enough so that I''m not noticed.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
On the street, I don't think anyone notices.

I have noticed sly glances at the grocery store, and out at restaurants, but no one has said anything.

At jewelry stores, I've gotten a few compliments, but not crazy gushy ones. Just the normal, "oh that's pretty, can I look?" sort of comments from sales people.

For the most part? Not so much. People are more likely to notice my clothes or bag or something. (I get more comments about my jeans than anything!) In LA, there's so much crazy abundance all around--so many other things to notice.

But when I'm walking around? I notice other women's rings for sure! I keep my eyes peeled!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2008 12:48:13 AM
Author: coatimundi

For the most part? Not so much. People are more likely to notice my clothes or bag or something. (I get more comments about my jeans than anything!) In LA, there''s so much crazy abundance all around--so many other things to notice.
Coati, I''m so behind! I didn''t realize you were another LA-ite!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2008 1:35:10 AM
Author: musey

For the most part? Not so much. People are more likely to notice my clothes or bag or something. (I get more comments about my jeans than anything!) In LA, there's so much crazy abundance all around--so many other things to notice.

Coati, I'm so behind! I didn't realize you were another LA-ite!

Oh! You are too! I'm a newbie, so I'm still figuring out where people are from.

I'm in Venice--where are You?
35.gif

Was in Los Feliz until I moved in with Hubby...

lightseeker

Rough_Rock
I often get comments from women that I am already talking to (cashiers, sales people) and from my clients (usually not until we have been working together for a while). I think that because of the color it catches people''s eyes. Since we added the diamond band, it looks more blingy, and more like a wedding set. (I know...I have to get some pictures taken...maybe this weekend!)

hairgirl95

Shiny_Rock
I am so envious of you Cali girls!! I am so tired of winter! The cold and snow here in Kansas City is getting so old!! All of you girls go soak up some sun and warmth for me!
10.gif
10.gif

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
I get allot of compliments on my ring. One lady at a store grabbed my hand and shook it up and down while staring at my ring while saying "this is the most gorgeous ring ever".... she said it over and over lol I was like... thank you.. (and inside thinking..can i have my hand back hehe) lol I get random compliments from people at stores..and work ehen we get new clients. I don''t have a huge diamond....but my setting makes up for it--- lots of people always ask me if it antique.
28.gif
i don''t some people know that there are so many diff options out there

1.gif

happyday

Shiny_Rock
Before my reset, I used to get compliments often in stores... it always surprised me because it''s not huge (1.25CT) and was set in a plain solitaire. I think my stone catches a lot of light, especially under any store lights. Could it be the fluorescence ?? Anyways, after I reset it with the baguettes, the comments are about the same, but I think it''s because the rings are so clean and polished. Who knows... but it always is a nice surprise to have someone say a nice word
emteeth.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I voted in the often category. Just yesterday I was complimented twice, once by a flight attendant who wanted to see it up close and personal and another by a woman in an elevator. My hubby was like What the heck, don''t I get any compliments for buying it? I think I get compliments because my ring is so different than a traditional white diamond.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My compliments most often come from sales people in stores. When you have to hold the receipt to sign it, you are putting that ring right up on the counter for them to see. And often store lighting is flattering to diamonds. In addition, I think keeping rings clean probably helps with the compliments.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty much everyone notices my ring. My stone is not huge by any stretch, but it''s as clear and bright as cut crystal and sparkles like mad. My girlfriend who I''ve known for years, said in a very loud voice across the table in a restaurant "oh my GOD, your ring is gorgeous!". Then clasped her hand over her mouth because she realized she said it so LOUD. LOL! Last Sunday, my husband and I took our first dance lesson. The instructor used me as his partner to try to show my husband how to move his feet. When the dance instructor gently laid my hands over his to begin, he looked at my ring and said "that ring is just fabulous!". I had to laugh..... My husband had his "you and that ring" look on his face.

It helps if you keep you treasures clean and shiny too.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not very often at all, and like ds, mainly from sales people. That''s ok though, I bought it for me, and me loves it.
16.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Not often. I don''t count the sales clerk at a jewelry store. Just can''t trust that it is for real. It generally happens at the cash register at the grocery store, hair dresser, or coffee shop. I think it is because the lights are just right, I''m holding out my hand for change, I''m already talking to this person, and I keep my rings super, super clean. But, someone just walking up to me off the street? Never.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2008 1:42:51 AM
Date: 3/1/2008 1:35:10 AM
Author: musey

For the most part? Not so much. People are more likely to notice my clothes or bag or something. (I get more comments about my jeans than anything!) In LA, there''s so much crazy abundance all around--so many other things to notice.
Coati, I''m so behind! I didn''t realize you were another LA-ite!
Oh! You are too! I''m a newbie, so I''m still figuring out where people are from.

I''m in Venice--where are You?
35.gif

Was in Los Feliz until I moved in with Hubby...
We just settled into a new apartment on the western edge of West Hollywood, before that Studio City. You''re a 1,000-post newbie, so that''s really not all that new
2.gif

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
I voted often. I got compliments quite a bit on my old stone, but since I''ve upgraded it''s pretty much constant.

I just started a new internship and all the ladies were like "that is just so gorgeous can I see?" "wow it really sparkles" "that is just so beautiful and I love it". A couple days later one of the other ladies was like "Have you been wearing that the whole time? How did I miss that? Very pretty!".

When I am at work (at my other job), I get a compliment at least daily, "you ring is so pretty" from people and my coworkers are like "it''s so shiny and sparkly" they ask to try it on. I like the compliments but sometimes I just don''t really know what to say, I say "thank you" and they keep going on about it, I get a little embarassed.

I also get it when I go to jewelry stores or signing a receipt (mostly from women).

I don''t think any men have complimented me on it.
35.gif

It''s not really even considered that big, here on PS.

D2B

Brilliant_Rock
I rarly get compliments, but they do happen. I guess as I am in the UK, you also need to take the culture into consideration. It is not really the done thing to comment on ''flashy''diamonds where I live.

Nor do I see a lot of diamonds anywhere near what I could be seeing if I lived in the US

35.gif

''D2B

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I get quite a lot of compliments on my ring if I wear it at work. I usually take it off and lock it in the safe, but if I forget to take it off, people always ask me about it. I''ve had a couple of women tell me that they love it when I''ve been shopping or at the hairdressers also.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone for answering!

I get compliments on my ering and wedding band constantly. I am a very casual person, since I have a home office, I wear my P.J''s to work a lot...and when I go out I opt for jeans and tee''s--my one and only wicked vice is a nice purse! But, women seemto me focus in on my rings...and I rarely go out somewhere without someone telling me how "beautiful" or "amazing" it is--and, lets be honest, by PS standards it''s not big at all. It makes me a little uncomfortable, since I try not to flash it around--I never really know what to say, so I usually try to see if they too are wearing a ring and I turn the compliment around on them, or I just thank them quickly.

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
I get compliments all the time on both the RB and EC [even when I am in sweats at the grocery store]. I have to think that their size has something to do with it - it makes them easier to notice.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I get compliments, but never anything like people drooling over my rings (which is fine with me because I do not like to be the center of attention...ever!)...I don''t wave my hands around or anything, so when my rings are in view (when I am paying for something, getting my nails done...) then I do get the "Oh, I love your ring"..."Your ring is so pretty, where did you get it"..."They are so sparkly"...but it is not something that happens every day.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think a lot of it has to do with one''s demeanor. I am generally pretty stand-offish so people don''t tend to strike up conversations with me over anything, much less something so personal as a ring
2.gif

I don''t care either way--It''s MINE and that''s all that I care about!

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
When I wear my 5 stone I notice people looking at it. But no one has ever said anything
7.gif

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
I love it when I go to the bank or grocery store and the lady behind me oogles my ring. It always throws me off a little, but it's really flattering. Usually the woman commenting on my ring has a much larger diamond, too. Probably just means that they are really into jewelry, but still, it's flattering to see someone is impressed by it.

A lot of my guy friends seem impressed, too. When I first got it I got a lot of "wow, that's huge!" and "now THAT is a rock." It's funny, too, because my diamond is only around 1 carat. Not huge at all.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
I don''t get comments from strangers and I prefer it that way. It''s a bit creepy when someone notices $10K or $20K of jewelry on your finger and you are about to walk to you car in a parking lot. Family might notice something new at a gathering and compliment it the same they''d compliment a nice pair of shoes or a new hair style.

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
i voted often because i work in finance and people are signing forms with me daily so they see my hands right up in their faces.
3.gif
they mostly comment on the sparkle and when i let them examine it closer, they love the pave i have on my basket.

asides from customers, my co-workers (mostly the females) love to try it on and look at it. on the street, not so much, usually when i''m signing a receipt or paying at the cash register.

i love them compliments! i usually say "thanks! my husband and i designed the ring ourselves."

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
When I had my cushion e-ring (which is being reset due to a mishap, but I will get it back!), not very often. But now that I am wearing my asscher sapphire ring, it gets noticed all the time. I think it's becauseof the color so it is something different. That is my only guess! But it certainly ticks off my newly engaged friend who thinks diamonds are everything when my ring gets complimented and hers doesn't!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results