shape
carat
color
clarity

How many of us wear our e/wrings together?

kaquinn

Rough_Rock
lotsofsparkle - please tell us about that diamond spacer!!!!

EHR2009

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/1/2010 4:55:05 PM
Author: kaquinn

DITTO!!!!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/1/2010 5:05:08 PM
Author: EHR2009

DITTO!!!!
Yes, please tell us about that diamond band. It''s very unique and pretty!

lotsofsparkle

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/1/2010 6:17:13 PM
Author: gemgirl
Date: 5/1/2010 5:05:08 PM

Author: EHR2009

DITTO!!!!

Yes, please tell us about that diamond band. It''s very unique and pretty!

awww, thanks girls, glad you all like my newest mini addition! my new wband was rubbing off the milgrain off my tacori so i decided to get this super thin, eternity spacer to put between the two. it looks like a marquise cut eternity but it''s actually three round stones that make up each marquise shape. i like that you don''t see much metal from the top view (my whole set it actually like that) and the prongs are set up kinda like a shared prong (most marquise eternities i''ve seen are in a bezel of some sort). my husband and i picked it out from the jewelry mart downtown but had them make it in plat with e/f diamonds. i''d like to think that i''d eventually wear it by itself as my w-band on my non-blingy days but it hasn''t actually happened yet!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

here''s a pic of it close-up

L1030040.jpg

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Lotsofsparkle, I really like your spacer. Do the people who made it have a website?

EHR2009

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, I''d LOVE to find one of those! So delicate and unique!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/1/2010 10:19:27 AM
Author: Amanda.Rx
I wear mine together, but I don''t really like them together. The e-ring is a Ritani & the band is a simple platinum 2mm band from blue nile. I feel like the band detracts from the ering. We got the band as a temporary (until we could afford to upgrade to the matching Ritani band). Sometimes I just wear my band- if I''m running errands, doing dishes, working with my hands, etc.
I wonder if part of what is bothering you is the difference in heights of the rings? The ritani is a much higher profile. If you are not sentimental, I think that something like this would be more pleasing to you: http://www.e-weddingbands.com/store/product106294.html Comes in plat and also lower k gold. It is 2.1mm thick, about the same as the Ritani if I am not mistaken, and I think would look great!

lotsofsparkle

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/2/2010 12:55:57 PM
Author: lknvrb4
Lotsofsparkle, I really like your spacer. Do the people who made it have a website?

I did check with them and they don''t have a website. Most of the small mom n pop stores in the LA jewelry district don''t have one.
8.gif
I think Tacori makes a similar marquise eternity but i think the stones are channel or bezel set...

kaquinn

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the info and the closeup!
Tacori does have a similar look and I have had my eye on it as a stacking band (http://www.tacori.com/Wedding-Rings/462ET) but when I saw yours I decided I wanted that one instead!I think having way less metal makes it look more bling and delicate!
Its beautiful!

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
Here are mine, worn together. There is a ''donut'' on the ruby that allows the rings to nearly touch, but not rub excessively.

phpdAm9VJPM.jpg

blackberry16

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Thanks for all the replies girls! This has been very interesting. Keep them coming!

Amanda.Rx

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/2/2010 2:02:39 PM
Author: dreamer_d
Date: 5/1/2010 10:19:27 AM

Author: Amanda.Rx

I wear mine together, but I don''t really like them together. The e-ring is a Ritani & the band is a simple platinum 2mm band from blue nile. I feel like the band detracts from the ering. We got the band as a temporary (until we could afford to upgrade to the matching Ritani band). Sometimes I just wear my band- if I''m running errands, doing dishes, working with my hands, etc.

I wonder if part of what is bothering you is the difference in heights of the rings? The ritani is a much higher profile. If you are not sentimental, I think that something like this would be more pleasing to you: http://www.e-weddingbands.com/store/product106294.html Comes in plat and also lower k gold. It is 2.1mm thick, about the same as the Ritani if I am not mistaken, and I think would look great!

Thanks! I just don''t like that they don''t match. I''m a "matchy" person. I mean, they look alright together. It''s just a temporary band. We''re both finishing up school and starting new jobs, so buying the matching Ritani band wasn''t a budget priority at the time of the wedding. We plan to get it eventually once we start getting some income. Thanks for the link, anyways!
1.gif

shelby09

Rough_Rock
Newly married for 3 weeks, and I get to wear my wedding set now! I wear flanking eternity bands with my E-ring, but I am having "diamond shrinkage syndrome". My E-ring looked so much larger on its own. What do you think?
I do like the delicate look of the eternity band by itself, or stacking as a RHR.

ShelbySet.jpg

diamondtifff

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/30/2010 7:24:55 PM
Author: Amethyste

Date: 4/29/2010 1:05:46 PM
Author: diamondtifff
Oh I always do!!! I want everyone to know Im married!!!!!!

Hey Diamondtiff!!! I hope you are well -
Last time I read on one of your post mentioning that you were getting a divorce
7.gif

Did you get re-married!!!??? Details! Details!!!
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
Amethyste..OH MY I LOVE YOUR RING!!!! Totally Georgeous!!! but yes- I got remarried a little over a year ago! I met my absolute dream guy about a month after I kicked my ex husband out...I didnt even want to be with someone but it was crazy- we just knew the first time we hung out! So basically I put that ring right back on my ring finger!! - But I met him when i bought my harley and I wanted my pipes upgraded to make it louder and he was the mechanic that put them on and it was all over from then on!! But he is sooooo wonderful!!! When we got married we drove off on a white harley and there was a sidecar attached and he picked me up and put me in it...and I walked down the aisle to Metallica - our favorite band and him and the preacher dresssed up like Jake and Elwood- the blues brothers- which is our favorite movie! oh my I could write a book but I dont want to be a hog on the post.......

simmplyb

Rough_Rock
Hi!
I used to have a wedding band and solitaire...
face24.gif
, before they went missing at work/likely stolen. I ALWAYS wore them together. When I was engaged, I used to think I may only wear the wedding band solo at times...but that never happened.

Now, my replacement is one ring, it sits very low to be practicle so I can wear it all the time.

I miss my old set and was very happy with what I had.
39.gif

Here's one of two only photos I have of it. It wasn't matchy matchy...but I think they looked nice together.

DSCF1053ringcloseupweb-PSco.jpg

simmplyb

Rough_Rock
Oh! and the other thing. For my new (and hopefully forever ring) I did choose to go with a solo halo setting because the setting is so intricate and I think it makes a statement all on it's own.

Wish I new how to link it to my thread 'Naked No More'

My new ring does take a little of the sting out of my lost original set.

So! you could say I go both ways.
31.gif
28.gif
31.gif
28.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/3/2010 12:16:01 PM
Author: shelby09
Newly married for 3 weeks, and I get to wear my wedding set now! I wear flanking eternity bands with my E-ring, but I am having ''diamond shrinkage syndrome''. My E-ring looked so much larger on its own. What do you think?
I do like the delicate look of the eternity band by itself, or stacking as a RHR.
Yes, I agree that the emphasis was more on the e-ring when worn alone. I feel the same way about my own ring. I think wearing one wb would help, though, on those days when you want a change.

DisneyBride828

Shiny_Rock
i wear mine together lately because i
30.gif
my new WB. I love my er alone, too, though.

DSCN2097fr.jpg

blackberry16

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 5/3/2010 12:16:01 PM
Author: shelby09
Newly married for 3 weeks, and I get to wear my wedding set now! I wear flanking eternity bands with my E-ring, but I am having ''diamond shrinkage syndrome''. My E-ring looked so much larger on its own. What do you think?

Congrats on getting married and your set is FAB!

blackberry16

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 5/3/2010 12:24:58 PM

7.gif

1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
Amethyste..OH MY I LOVE YOUR RING!!!! Totally Georgeous!!! but yes- I got remarried a little over a year ago! I met my absolute dream guy about a month after I kicked my ex husband out...I didnt even want to be with someone but it was crazy- we just knew the first time we hung out! So basically I put that ring right back on my ring finger!! - But I met him when i bought my harley and I wanted my pipes upgraded to make it louder and he was the mechanic that put them on and it was all over from then on!! But he is sooooo wonderful!!! When we got married we drove off on a white harley and there was a sidecar attached and he picked me up and put me in it...and I walked down the aisle to Metallica - our favorite band and him and the preacher dresssed up like Jake and Elwood- the blues brothers- which is our favorite movie! oh my I could write a book but I dont want to be a hog on the post.......

I am glad that things worked out for you. Congrats on finally finding the right guy. I was wondering how long you have had your ring? I thought that I remembered seeing that stone in a different setting a while back. Am I confusing it with another stone or has it had a reset?

diamondtifff

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/4/2010 10:21:43 PM
Author: blackberry16

Date: 5/3/2010 12:24:58 PM

7.gif

1.gif
1.gif
1.gif

I am glad that things worked out for you. Congrats on finally finding the right guy. I was wondering how long you have had your ring? I thought that I remembered seeing that stone in a different setting a while back. Am I confusing it with another stone or has it had a reset?
Thanks!! Yeah its been interesting to say the least! But lets see I got that stone I think back in 2006 maybe? I cant really remember but it was in a different setting it had baguettes running longways - i just wanted some more sparkle on the side- plus at the time I couldnt swing geting the trillions and that stone money wise-

cemrn

Brilliant_Rock
On my old e-ring was a 1 carat in simple 4 prong tiffany style setting yellow gold. I wore a plain gold band with it every day. Now that I upgraded to a platinum 3 stone I do not have a band. I wear it alone and I love it but I have to admit I do feel a bit "naked" without a wedding band. I asked a guy I worked with if it made me look not married. He laughed and said "the won''t be able to see past the bling!"

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wear mine together. My husband designed my e-ring so any band would sit flush with it, so I pair it with either my plain platinum wedding band or my bezel eternity.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oops, forgot the picture!

LTPSet.jpg

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/5/2010 2:34:28 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
When I finally get my eternity band.. which I actually believe may come sooner rather than later.. I will wear it in lieu of my engagement ring on my left hand and have my er made into a 5 stone for my right hand.. slightly modified.. and.. I can''t wait.

Is there something you are not telling, SDL???? (wink wink)

I LOVE your three stone so much! Do you have a picture of how the 2 extra stone will fit in the 5-stone design? It will be big and fabulous!

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/6/2010 8:50:02 PM
Date: 5/6/2010 8:31:09 PM

Author: zhuzhu

Date: 5/5/2010 2:34:28 PM

When I finally get my eternity band.. which I actually believe may come sooner rather than later.. I will wear it in lieu of my engagement ring on my left hand and have my er made into a 5 stone for my right hand.. slightly modified.. and.. I can''t wait.

Is there something you are not telling, SDL???? (wink wink)

I LOVE your three stone so much! Do you have a picture of how the 2 extra stone will fit in the 5-stone design? It will be big and fabulous!

I will upgrade & downsize.. does that make sense?
9.gif
My er will be remade to add two diamonds on either side of the sapphires. My friend we need to get together.. !!
1.gif

I will need to see it! From my memory your 3-stone ring already covers the complete width of your finger, no?
36.gif

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t wear mine together. My engagement ring and wedding bands do not match - they look unbalanced and the metals are not compatible (white gold engagement ring, one platinum wedding and one titanium wedding band). I collect vintage wedding bands and also recently bought a new wedding band so they can be worn together if I want, but I still don''t, I''m not sure why.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Fun thread!

I have the Grace setting by BGD and wear my rings together 99% of the time. I am a traditionalist, I guess, and just love the two rings together:

LB_solitaire_reset_19.jpg

Althoooooooooough I will say that every now and then I wear just the e-ring alone for fun, because the stone looks so much BIGGER all on its own! But I hate looking just "engaged" when I am certainly very married!

I will also add that one day if I ever re-set my diamond again (which I am fairly certain I will (!!!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif
), and I am thiiinking 3-stone... I would probably wear that alone, as a single ring.

(Yeah, I'm insane.
37.gif
I recognize and accept that!
9.gif
)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results