shape
carat
color
clarity

How many of us wear our e/wrings together?

LGK

Ideal_Rock
I used to always wear my e-ring alone- it's antique and generally they were designed as stand-alone rings, and as such it looks weird with most w-bands.

Then I lost more weight and my e-ring started spinning even with it's sizing bumps. So now it lives with a pretty antique curved platinum band with some single cuts in it, and these cute little engraved orange blossom designs at the ends. (I'd bought it at work for $80 a few years ago, and it was worn occasionally with a fakey ring, and since then has rolled round the bottom of the jewerly box, forgotten.)

It looks decent. And it holds my e-ring on much better! I only thought it was a so-so pairing but I've had a lot of people think that they're a matched set, so that's good. The band is pretty darn skinny (2mm? less?) so it is nearly invisible under my e-ring.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
I wear mine together. I like how they look together, plus they fit snugly on my left ring finger, which means both rings are uncomfortably tight on my right ring finger since it''s a little larger.

Spring%2009%20018%20xs1.jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I tried to wear my ring alone but it really bothered me not having two rings. I searched forever and finally found one that I could wear together.

cmswedset0020.jpg

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/29/2010 1:47:12 PM
Author: Sizzle

Date: 4/29/2010 1:05:46 PM
Author: diamondtifff
Oh I always do!!! I want everyone to know Im married!!!!!!
Holy wow, that takes up your entire finger!
He, he, he...Ditto Sizzle!!!

JeraVae

Shiny_Rock
I wear mine without a band.

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/29/2010 1:47:12 PM
Author: Sizzle

Holy wow, that takes up your entire finger!

That was my exact thought. Very huge.

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/29/2010 8:09:32 AM
Author: NeverEndingUpgrade
Date: 4/29/2010 3:33:40 AM

Author: sunseeker101

I always wear both too. My unromantic reasoning is that it cost enough to always warrant it
2.gif
Sunseeker, I love your set! Who is the designer? Is it Van Craeynest? It has that vintage feel that I love!

I think it''s beautiful too and would like to hear more about it.

ETA: I just found your other post, so no need to answer! I do love your VC set and the photo of the two rings being worn together!

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/29/2010 4:29:35 PM
Author: Catmom
I tried to wear my ring alone but it really bothered me not having two rings. I searched forever and finally found one that I could wear together.
30.gif
Oh mine! Catmom, your wedding band matches perfectly with your giigantic, dropped-dead gorgeous ering. I would have given up searching for a matching band, thinking that nothing could add to the blingy and diliicious ring.
18.gif

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
diamondtifff, you are so lucky to have slender fingers that can accomodate your rock plus more.
30.gif

tigian

Ideal_Rock
I have to wear mine together since we had them soldered. The wband had to fit around the halo.
When the time comes for an upgrade, I''d like to have the option of wearing them separately. (Hopefully sooner rather than later.
9.gif
)

ring1-1yyyy.jpg

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
I wear engagement ring and wedding band together.
9.gif

legra

Brilliant_Rock
I wear mine together - link to my wedding set. I have an antique e-ring and had a hard time finding a band that would go with it. When I got married I wore an engraved platinum wb on my left hand and switched my e-ring to my right hand. I wore the rings this way for about a year but it always bothered me not to have a more traditional set. I finally found a very thin 1.6 mm micropave Michael B band to go with my e-ring and have worn the two rings together on my left hand ever since. I''m much happier with the set and feel like they look nice together.

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
I wear mine together (two bands and the ering) almost all of the time. Except on the (not so rare) occasion when I''m retaining water, and the three rings together is just too uncomfortable. So on those days I''ll put my ering on my right hand (I''m left handed, so my right hand is actually smaller).

set429.jpg

blackberry16

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 4/29/2010 10:21:54 AM
Author: gemgirl
Date: 4/28/2010 10:45:19 PM

Author: marcyc

I do. I have no choice, they are put together. They were really scratching each other up so I had them put together.

So do I and for the same reason. They''re soldered together. I''m thinking of having them separated though.

I need a change.

My first set was soldered and I ended up hating it. I really enjoy the look of a little space between the two rings.

blackberry16

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 4/29/2010 3:33:40 AM
I always wear both too. My unromantic reasoning is that it cost enough to always warrant it
2.gif

First of all I never remember seeing this set. Gorgeous! Also, I agree about the cost. If I am going to pay thousands of dollars for something, I want maximum usage.

blackberry16

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 4/29/2010 1:19:55 PM
Author: Hest88
I always wear my e-ring with my w-ring because the bands match so the e-ring would look funny as a RHR. On the other hand, I don''t always have both rings on---often I go with just the w-ring alone.

Set%20small.jpg

In case I haven''t told you lately I love your set. I even added it in "PS rings you lust over and keep coming back to" as one of my top three favs.

Venice

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! This thread has some of the most amazing sets I''ve seen! PSer''s have such wonderful taste for beautiful jewelry.

I wear mine together because they were made to go together. I did have them soldered together and I have not regretted it. I used to hate having to constantly line them up right because they kept spinning around on me. I have an anniversary ring that I wear on my right hand.

researcher

Ideal_Rock
I usually wear mine together, but because I have the spacer band I sometimes wear the e-ring and spacer as a set, and my w-ring on my right hand.

Love the rings, everyone!
30.gif

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Awww, thanks Blackberry! I''m pretty fond of it. Plus, the "gap" keeps me from ever seriously considering an upgrade; I think the gap is perfect now but a larger stone will make a gap too wide for my tastes.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww thanks FancyDiamond!

jjdav

Shiny_Rock
I wear mine together, because I like how they look next to each other. I move my ering to my right hand when they swell up a little
1.gif

sunseeker101

Shiny_Rock
Sunseeker, I love your set! Who is the designer? Is it Van Craeynest? It has that vintage feel that I love!

Thank you NeverEnding! Glad you could find it. I''ve drooled over your Tacori set for exactly the same reasons -- delicately-wrought and gorgeous!
1.gif

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I wear mine together. I bought it more as a spacer but I like the look of it with my ring. Now if I could just find the right tiny little diamond band to go with....

lkplain1a.jpg

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/30/2010 2:26:41 AM

Thank you NeverEnding! Glad you could find it. I''ve drooled over your Tacori set for exactly the same reasons -- delicately-wrought and gorgeous!
1.gif
sunseeker, that is so sweet, thank you!

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
I''m in the minority as I never wear them together.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/30/2010 6:57:49 AM
Author: lknvrb4
I wear mine together. I bought it more as a spacer but I like the look of it with my ring. Now if I could just find the right tiny little diamond band to go with....
I love your halo, and I''m not usually a halo person!! I think the plain band looks great personally, but have you tried the memoire single shared prong bands? They might be delicate enough.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/30/2010 8:58:04 AM
Author: geckodani

I love your halo, and I''m not usually a halo person!! I think the plain band looks great personally, but have you tried the memoire single shared prong bands? They might be delicate enough.

Yes, I have looked at memoire but the price is 4k plus for 1 carat eternity band. I don''t think so!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
I do wear mine together...I''ll post pics tonight when I am home.

LAG2010

Shiny_Rock
i won''t be wearing mine together - i''m moving e-ring to the right hand.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/30/2010 10:11:21 AM

Date: 4/30/2010 8:58:04 AM
Author: geckodani

Yes, I have looked at memoire but the price is 4k plus for 1 carat eternity band. I don''t think so!
I don''t blame you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results