shape
carat
color
clarity

How come you don't post as much nowadays..

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lula|1376071370|3499812 said:
Dancing Fire|1376070625|3499802 said:
Lula|1376056503|3499650 said:
A couple reasons:

-I've discovered that there are a few vendors who have political and social views so diametrically opposed to mine that I will never, ever buy a thing from them. So I no longer post in or read threads in which those vendors' merchandise is being discussed.
Why?..what does that have to do with business?.. :confused:

It has to do with business because I don't spend my money with businesses whose values I question. For example, I haven't set foot in Walmart in 20 years. If I ate Twinkies, I wouldn't buy the newly-introduced Twinkies, because the company improperly took the company to bankruptcy in order to break the union. In the post-Citizens-United, gerrymandered political environment in the U.S., I increasingly vote with my dollars. It's the only power we lowly citizens have left in this country.

That kinda sucks for the poster/consumer that really wants to show off their new pieces… :wacko:
I understand you avoiding buying from the seller, but bolded part makes me sad :blackeye:

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had kind of a rough go of things a year or so ago and then I was single with a small child to care for. None of those things made me want to read about people getting engaged or buying expensive things I couldn't (and still can't afford). I'm in a better place now so I find myself lurking and posting more.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I used to be on Pricescope almost every day. I loved it here. So many nice people and lots of laughs. I went through a really rough time in my personal life. I became very depressed and was really struggling day to day. I went on medication but it made me feel weird. My personality really changed and I and found myself getting into trouble here. Rubbing people the wrong way. I ended up deciding to leave.

I was also a member of the PS Facebook group but again I found I just couldn't seem to interact well with some of the other posters. I had a major falling out with a few people. In hindsight I wish I hadn't joined the group. :(sad

Anyway, I do lurk here but really don't post very much. I miss the sense of community from my early years here. I really did love PS. I am not sure I fit in here anymore. Its very sad.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1376071808|3499817 said:
AGBF|1376060760|3499705 said:
kenny|1376017073|3499459 said:
... because people don't vary any more.

People tune in and hover over their keyboards when they are interested and invested in a topic. It doesn't have to be political (although it can be). It might be about Trayvon Martin, but it might also be about how titles work in the British Royal Family! Because "people vary" enough to become passionate in some threads. I always thought it was a mistake not to allow political discussion here. A case in point being that a discussion of title about British royalty can degenerate into a fight just as easily as a fight about whether someone should have been convicted of manslaughter. Well, maybe not quite as easily!

Deb
I agree...IMO, Mods should allow political discussions as long as it doesn't get personal,for example, even though you and I don't see eye to eye I will always love ya... ;))

Yes, well we are both old as dirt and can hardly move around anymore. That's why we don't have the energy to fight with each other. Speaking of, "dirt"...every time someone says, "I am old as dirt" I think of James Allen. I am not the only person who was around when he was known as, "Dirt". Does anyone else still think of him that way?

Deb/AGBF
Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend
:read:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Allowing discussions of politics, religion, and race, would definitely up the traffic, big time.
It would however result in the sensitive posters leaving.

People varying really upsets many folks.
People don't like variations in others; they want others to be just like them.

If we could just accept and allow others to be different there would be peace on earth, and on Pricescope.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hudson_Hawk|1376072231|3499824 said:
I had kind of a rough go of things a year or so ago and then I was single with a small child to care for. None of those things made me want to read about people getting engaged or buying expensive things I couldn't (and still can't afford). I'm in a better place now so I find myself lurking and posting more.

Glad to see you around!

Hope to see you here more often as you feel comfortable.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
AGBF|1376073333|3499837 said:
Dancing Fire|1376071808|3499817 said:
AGBF|1376060760|3499705 said:
kenny|1376017073|3499459 said:
... because people don't vary any more.

People tune in and hover over their keyboards when they are interested and invested in a topic. It doesn't have to be political (although it can be). It might be about Trayvon Martin, but it might also be about how titles work in the British Royal Family! Because "people vary" enough to become passionate in some threads. I always thought it was a mistake not to allow political discussion here. A case in point being that a discussion of title about British royalty can degenerate into a fight just as easily as a fight about whether someone should have been convicted of manslaughter. Well, maybe not quite as easily!

Deb
I agree...IMO, Mods should allow political discussions as long as it doesn't get personal,for example, even though you and I don't see eye to eye I will always love ya... ;))

Yes, well we are both old as dirt and can hardly move around anymore. That's why we don't have the energy to fight with each other. Speaking of, "dirt"...every time someone says, "I am old as dirt" I think of James Allen. I am not the only person who was around when he was known as, "Dirt". Does anyone else still think of him that way?
Deb/AGBF
Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend
:read:

If you mean the company was called Dirt Cheap diamonds, yes I remember that. Although I mostly lurked, have been here since 2004. I remember you from the very beginning.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1376074214|3499849 said:
Allowing discussions of politics, religion, and race, would definitely up the traffic, big time.
It would however result in the sensitive posters leaving.

People varying really upsets many folks.
People don't like variations in others; they want others to be just like them.

If we could just accept and allow others to be different there would be peace on earth, and on Pricescope.

I agree. But it might be too little too late, as a lot of posters moved to the Facebook group.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was around during the Dirt days too; JA sounds more professional though. :lol: Do you all remember the vendors' web pages then? No fancy pics, crazy navigation and all. Guess I'm as old as dirt too. The discussion is those days kept my eyes glazed for days as the technical stuff was so over my head.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think for me was fighting an illness and didn't have the energy to post. I am doing well. But also going through personal stuff. Very happy,but yeah ... Also am in contact off of PS. Like many.. But still care about you guys!!!! :wavey:

Dinner time!!! LOL :naughty:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ruby59|1376074641|3499859 said:
If you mean the company was called Dirt Cheap diamonds, yes I remember that. Although I mostly lurked, have been here since 2004. I remember you from the very beginning.

Hi, ruby! Yes, I did mean that the company was called, "Dirt Cheap Diamonds", but-even worse-that Jim was called, "Dirt" by his friends as well. And that he came to hate it and ask that they stop! It seems very long ago, but I still think of it when people refer to, "dirt". It's so nice to know you have been around for so long! (And just look at who else is posting in this thread...Chrono and Kaleigh who are right below you also joined in 2004!)

Hugs,
Deb
:wavey:

Sky56

Brilliant_Rock
I've never posted much. I am more of a reader/lurker. I spend a lot of time reading your posts. :rodent: Jewelry is one of my loves (hobbies). I think this is a wonderful site and I have learned so much from it.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi HH and Maisie! :wavey: I hope you're both doing well. It's good to see you!

I post here and there but I lurk more often than I post. Life gets in the way, so sometimes I just read when I can and don't reply to threads. There's family stuff I've been tending to, we're moving soon, and I'm looking for a new job. That's keeping me pretty busy these days. Plus, sometimes it's good to take a break from the computer and focus on other interests and hobbies.

mrs jam

Brilliant_Rock
Now that I've acquired my Holy Grail ring, I find that I'm not really interested in looking at other people's stuff. Haloes and antique cuts are lovely, but they just don't float my boat. After experiencing some shoddy craftsmanship and customer service from two of the more highly touted vendors here, I'm not interested in farming anymore projects out to PS vendors. Plus, as I've gotten older, I've become more attracted to the designs of Cartier and VCA. Not a lot of that stuff discussed here, but I'm a member of another jewelry forum that has many fans of the higher-end jewelry houses. I feel that my tastes have outgrown Pricescope now, and everything here has started to look and sound the same.

I still remember the pre-PS days at another diamond forum. Do any of the old-timers know what ever happened to Rodentman? He was very entertaining.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
All the people I want to speak to daily are offline for me - I'm not on PS Facebook - never have been, and not interested. So for the social piece of it, I'm not really interested in PS anymore.

However I still lurk here often! I love PS for the bling pics, projects in the works, and the occasional hangout thread when I have something to say. I'm especially interested in "old timers" projects, as I'm more personally invested in their jewelry box. :lol: So when I see that they have something in the works, I usually lurk on their threads.

And preloved definitely always keeps me coming back to Pricescope.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mrs jam|1376081664|3499920 said:
I still remember the pre-PS days at another diamond forum. Do any of the old-timers know what ever happened to Rodentman? He was very entertaining.

Well, first of all, rodentman posted on more than one other forum. Second of all, he was bounced off and/or walked off then returned to one of them more than once! I had to go look, since I never visit that forum any longer, but he appears to be posting there still! He had enormous resilience and was tremendously bright. They are lucky to have him.

AGBF
:saint:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now that I've acquired my Holy Grail ring, I find that I'm not really interested in looking at other people's stuff. Haloes and antique cuts are lovely, but they just don't float my boat. After experiencing some shoddy craftsmanship and customer service from two of the more highly touted vendors here, I'm not interested in farming anymore projects out to PS vendors. Plus, as I've gotten older, I've become more attracted to the designs of Cartier and VCA. Not a lot of that stuff discussed here, but I'm a member of another jewelry forum that has many fans of the higher-end jewelry houses. I feel that my tastes have outgrown Pricescope now, and everything here has started to look and sound the same.

Me too, except I'm into Tiffany and Cartier. Nobody seems that into those brands here, except for Smith!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Laila619|1376084958|3499941 said:

Me too, except I'm into Tiffany and Cartier. Nobody seems that into those brands here, except for Smith!

Maybe you belong in the Royal Jewels forum which is where we go when we get too old for Cartier et al. <wink>. In truth, some of us older ladies <ahem> have discussed out sterling flatware and hollowware and our heirloom Georg Jensen jewelry and Cartier purchases...and to keep things lively we go to The Gold Thread and Royal Jewels where there are things we do not have. It's fun in those fora! Join us!

Deb

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I try to read but am not into diamonds like I used to be BUT always come back to catch up and see who is doing what... That is fun...

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kaleigh|1376094739|3500010 said:
I try to read but am not into diamonds like I used to be BUT always come back to catch up and see who is doing what... That is fun...

When you get tired of them please send it my way :!: ... :bigsmile:

lulu

Ideal_Rock
I've been around since 2003 and only have about 2500 posts. So I'm maintaining my usual pace.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ahhhh,The good ol' days. I remember there was a PSer posting after too many late night drinks, she was so funny!... :lol: surfing PS while intoxicated !

Sky56

Brilliant_Rock
Some of you know me from long ago, I had thousands of posts elsewhere under a different user name. I used to be a very active poster on various forums, some of a different subject matter, and I was a Moderator elsewhere...I got burned out from all that activity and have resumed my former role as Lurker. I love to learn and only post once in a while these days. The only reason I don't share my old name with you is because a troll I banned when I was a Moderator turned nasty and stalkerish (they were not from a jewelry forum)

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Hi, guys,

A number of my old friends here. Thanks for shaking the tree, DF.

I have no clear excuse. Though an older son is now on his way to college, there's always something going on.

I do pop in a good bit now, but much less than in previous years...I think I'm too a 04 alum.

Wishing everyone well...this is still a special place...and though the cut wars have quieted...I still see them pop up, and am glad when I do.

All best,

Ira Z.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
TravelingGal|1376081915|3499922 said:
All the people I want to speak to daily are offline for me
:(( Booooooooooo :cheeky:

No FB group excuse for me either. I was super busy w/work fall/winter/spring ... and then recovering from a herniated disc & a bit depressed spring/summer. Also realized that I'm a touchy, feely person when it comes to jewelry/watches. I need to see/feel/try on the exact thing I'm buying or it probably won't work out. So custom projects, pre-owned, ebay finds -- No Go! Right now I'm bored so it's fun to sniff around & see what folks are up to ... but times I do I also notice the dire lack of "old timers" & compelling threads. **shrug**.

Nice to see some familiar faces here though! :wavey:

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
After experiencing some shoddy craftsmanship and customer service from two of the more highly touted vendors here, I'm not interested in farming anymore projects out to PS vendors.

Hi mrs jam. I went through your posts to try to figure out who the vendors are, but couldn't. Could you post any threads where you discuss this? I just started a project with a PS vendor, but have had issues with another on in the past (Whiteflash):
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/thanks-to-quest-jewelers-for-my-reset.163316/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/thanks-to-quest-jewelers-for-my-reset.163316/[/URL]

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not interested in farming anymore projects out to PS vendors. Plus, as I've gotten older, I've become more attracted to the designs of Cartier and VCA. Not a lot of that stuff discussed here, but I'm a member of another jewelry forum that has many fans of the higher-end jewelry houses. I feel that my tastes have outgrown Pricescope now, and everything here has started to look and sound the same.

mrs jam-

My answer about the Royal Jewels forum and The Gold Thread came out sounding dismissive. I apologize. I would not want to use a Pricescope vendor for a project if I had a problem with one, either. I am using Whiteflash for one now, but usually I use my local jeweler, Grunberger's, whom I trust completely.

I had wanted you to know that the Royal Jewels forum and the Gold Thread, where I have not seen you (which doesn't mean you haven't read them), discuss topics that are not just "the same old stuff". Many high end designers are brought to The Gold Thread. I learn of new one all the time when the thread is lively. I believe I started it because of my love for designers who work in high karat gold like Gurhan and Yossi Harari whose work sell in the finest stores. Sharon has discussed her Cartier purchases in that thread recently, too.

As for the Royal jewels thread...what could be more interesting than seeing the tiara for Princess Charlene of Monaco designed and built on video? I believe that was done by VCA, too!

I had hoped to lure you to our threads, not to dismiss you!

Hugs,
Deb

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
'05 alum here, and I've only got 1900 posts in that time!

But I'm here every day. I still love jewelry, always have, and my thirst for new pretties never seems to diminish. But I post in cycles as well - depends on who holds the reins around here at any given time. Some people have dominated over the years, and I didn't feel comfortable offering my 2 cents then, but now I guess I feel ok about it.

There's a PS FB group????

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I lurked for about three years before posting, I remember rodent man well from the pictures he would post of, well, rodents! Too bad so many old timers are gone, and new timers too!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ecf8503|1376155742|3500320 said:
'05 alum here, and I've only got 1900 posts in that time!

But I'm here every day. I still love jewelry, always have, and my thirst for new pretties never seems to diminish. But I post in cycles as well - depends on who holds the reins around here at any given time. Some people have dominated over the years, and I didn't feel comfortable offering my 2 cents then, but now I guess I feel ok about it.

There's a PS FB group????
A secret society... :wink2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results