shape
carat
color
clarity

How come you don't post as much nowadays..

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
compared to the past?

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I was pregnant and therefore exhausted for 9 months, while working and taking care of a toddler.

Now I'm taking care of an infant, but on maternity leave, so I can finally post again.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Because we are getting towards the end of the fiscal year for major Fortune 500 companies (most end on Oct 31st) so this is the last quarter of FY13.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There hasn't been as many new topics to post on that catch my interest?

justginger

Ideal_Rock
Full uni load, determined to make the honors route, part time work, full time housekeeping, full time fostering. Time is an expensive commodity once the semester is in full swing!

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
Full time work, full time college, homeowner/landlord, and house reno. I'm exhausted just typing that out :knockout:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a toddler and a baby, and plus I'm not that into rings/diamonds anymore. I was obsessed when I was first engaged and a newlywed, but I'm not as interested nowadays. It's still fun to look at everyone else's bling, but I'm not planning on buying or upgrading again.

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Very busy with my business, trying to focus on marketing. As a small business owner my time has always been very limited but more so now. DH is job hunting, when he is home in the evening we're online together looking at prospects for him.
My baby graduated 8th grade this year so we've been busy with high school prep/back to school stuff. I'm taking this a bit hard, btw, because it seems like yesterday he was a little guy :(sad
I've purchased most of the staples I wanted over the last year. I still have a wish list of bigger projects that won't be in my budget for at least a year or more. Other priorities have taken over. I do sign on everyday to look, just don't have the energy to post much.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
... because people don't vary any more.

:lol:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I miss when I first joined PS, and there was so much hustle and bustle that if I didn't check PS in one day, I'd be completely out of the loop. WHERE ARE OUR OLD PSERS?!

royalstarrynight

Shiny_Rock
madelise said:
I miss when I first joined PS, and there was so much hustle and bustle that if I didn't check PS in one day, I'd be completely out of the loop. WHERE ARE OUR OLD PSERS?!
Ditto.

And not that many posts that capture my attention.

I never was great at posting lots anyways.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Work. Life. Connecting with other PSers off the forum. Boredom/frustration with RT. Not feeling comfortable sharing things like I used to.
Nothing diabolical!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
madelise|1376020380|3499507 said:

I think everyone posts off PS nowadays. :blackeye: There is so little traffic here.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Final exam today. Wedding in 10 weeks! Teenager at home. Four cats plus two dogs makes a very furry house to keep clean. Lots of school stuff.

With my summer quarter over I should be back to posting more! Got lots of wedding updates to post over in that section. (Yes.... the ladies here saw my dress before any family did!)

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
I got tired of formulating and then publicly expressing my own opinions...because I am actually interested in YOUR opinions!

I've turned into a very lazy poster. :???:

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I was in Sweden!

Though, that said, things have really slowed down. We all need one another for inspiration. Without the necessary critical mass in orbit, satellites begin to form. One reason we're seeing new boards gain more posters ....

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just have natural times that I slow down, like this summer I have been in and out of town a lot. Like is busy and full and I can't always spend hours a day on the forum. But when I have the time, I will do it, because jewelry is my hobby and I enjoy being on the forum. I do have friends off PS, but I won't abandon posting on PS!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
After lurking and being active on PS for almost 8/9 years I would say PS is cyclical in nature. It will get slow and then it will speed back up again. I do miss alot of the old posters though. It seems this year in particular a lot of ppl left.

Lula

Ideal_Rock
A couple reasons:

- New job
- Spending more time and money on travel, less on consumer goods.
- More interested in colored gemstones, less interested in diamonds. I'm still learning about colored gemstones, and am too much of a novice to post, but I read the CS forum every day.
- Less interested in round diamonds, so I don't pay as much attention to those threads. I'm looking for a fancy now, and I don't know enough about fancies to post much in those threads. I'm still learning :read:
- The bloom is off the AGS 000 ideal-cut rose -- for me anyway. I've realized that my eye prefers a different look in a diamond.
- Tired of getting hassled by vendors who stalk PS and contact posters off PS.
- I've discovered that there are a few vendors who have political and social views so diametrically opposed to mine that I will never, ever buy a thing from them. So I no longer post in or read threads in which those vendors' merchandise is being discussed.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
I'm pregnant so most of my time has been focused on planning for the baby. I still check PS several times a week, I just don't post much anymore. Plus, like Laila, I've lost some of my interest in jewelry and I really only wear a few of the same pieces. I still love to come and drool over the pieces everyone else posts though!

justginger

Ideal_Rock
SB621|1376051237|3499599 said:
After lurking and being active on PS for almost 8/9 years I would say PS is cyclical in nature. It will get slow and then it will speed back up again. I do miss alot of the old posters though. It seems this year in particular a lot of ppl left.

I agree. I miss Haven.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
As one of the long time "old PS Vendors" I find I really miss the Cut Wars.

At one time the discussion here about nuances in cutting was vibrant and at times confrontational and discordant as minor details were actively fought about. Those discussions frequently gave new Pricescopers and veterans alike headaches as they tried to get up to speed about the latest explosion of knowledge about how light return can be influenced by tiny changes in cutting.

Partially, I blame the economy for the lack of new things to discuss from the labs as their research budgets have been cut way back.

Partially I think the attitude of, "Hey, it is an AGS 0 or GIA Ex, thus it is good enough," has also curtailed the discussions that used to separate the top of the cut grade from the bottom of the cut grade. As a vendor who cares about cutting, it is frustrating to see vendors who never come to the boards given all the recommendations based on selling stones that are "good enough" often without even providing the supporting information needed to decide whether or not the diamond really is "good enough."

Realistically, those stones may be "good enough" for the average consumer, but I have always liked to think of Pricescopers as much better than average in what they want, and thus, what they deserve. After all, if "good enough" were a real selection criteria, we would all be driving Yugos. They were, after all, good enough to get you from here to there, kind of, sort of, in a really not very satisfying way.

Personally, I would love to see a resurgence of active discussions between vendors, prosumers and consumers about the minutiae that make our industry interesting. Just because we have already answered the questions about why are x angles important when and what difference does H & A make, or why do some people like painting and others hate it a thousand times does not mean those same questions are not important to the hundreds or thousands of new knowledge seekers who find and read this board each week.

They are new questions to the new readers, and when we tell them to go read an old thread, it is more convenient for us, but much less likely to entice them to join the conversation.

Just a few thoughts...

Wink

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1376017073|3499459 said:

Your comment made me pause because it made realize that although Pricescope is very slow these days the controversial threads still move at the speed of light.

People tune in and hover over their keyboards when they are interested and invested in a topic. It doesn't have to be political (although it can be). It might be about Trayvon Martin, but it might also be about how titles work in the British Royal Family! Because "people vary" enough to become passionate in some threads. I always thought it was a mistake not to allow political discussion here. A case in point being that a discussion of title about British royalty can degenerate into a fight just as easily as a fight about whether someone should have been convicted of manslaughter. Well, maybe not quite as easily!

I find that when Pricescope is thriving as a community, with threads active in Around The World about debates; in Hangout about holiday music with many people participating; that then more people participate in other threads as well and generally things pick up. It is cyclical, of course. But when I see that people flood back here at times, I notice it. And I see that you have noticed something is awry. Do you want to elaborate?

Deb
:read:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think a lot of it has to do with PS people connecting via other channels like FB; there definitely seems to be as much happening off PS as on...

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
As an old timer (almost 10 years) the discussions were more lively and I also miss many of the old time posters and discussions with the tradespeople. Many times when a thread comes up, I end up reading more of the older related posts listed to the right of the page.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cuz I am busy and was just on vacation.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lula|1376056503|3499650 said:
A couple reasons:

- I've discovered that there are a few vendors who have political and social views so diametrically opposed to mine that I will never, ever buy a thing from them. So I no longer post in or read threads in which those vendors' merchandise is being discussed.
Why?..what does that have to do with business?.. :confused:

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Dancing Fire|1376070625|3499802 said:
Lula|1376056503|3499650 said:
A couple reasons:

Why?..what does that have to do with business?.. :confused:

It has to do with business because I don't spend my money with businesses whose values I question. For example, I haven't set foot in Walmart in 20 years. If I ate Twinkies, I wouldn't buy the newly-introduced Twinkies, because the company improperly took the company to bankruptcy in order to break the union. In the post-Citizens-United, gerrymandered political environment in the U.S., I increasingly vote with my dollars. It's the only power we lowly citizens have left in this country.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1376060760|3499705 said:
kenny|1376017073|3499459 said:

People tune in and hover over their keyboards when they are interested and invested in a topic. It doesn't have to be political (although it can be). It might be about Trayvon Martin, but it might also be about how titles work in the British Royal Family! Because "people vary" enough to become passionate in some threads. I always thought it was a mistake not to allow political discussion here. A case in point being that a discussion of title about British royalty can degenerate into a fight just as easily as a fight about whether someone should have been convicted of manslaughter. Well, maybe not quite as easily!

Deb
:read:
Deb
I agree...IMO, Mods should allow political discussions as long as it doesn't get personal,for example, even though you and I don't see eye to eye I will always love ya... ;))

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
minousbijoux|1376063287|3499737 said:
I think a lot of it has to do with PS people connecting via other channels like FB; there definitely seems to be as much happening off PS as on...
I am not a member of FB so I must be missing all the PS gossips.. ;(

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results