shape
carat
color
clarity

How come you don't post as much nowadays..

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

I admit I'm not a big poster. I'm going to agree with Holly on her comments on the topics that are presented. I thought the low point in hangout was when I read the topic of a very nice woman, who has contributed much more than I to Pricescope so I hope you won't think I'm awful, when I say this. Her topic was "What is your favorite Halloween candy"? I read that and i wondered why I even come here.

Some weeks all we get are cat stories and problems. Make one day a month for animal stories and keep the cats off the board.(I own three). You are caricatures of what people think of women. Step up your game.

As far as real life, we all have our own experiences and some of us have way more experience than others. We can try to convey this to those much younger, but they usually don't see it that way. That I can deal with, just think about the topics more.

Annette

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
It is hard to come up with topics that are interesting and controversal but will not result in Ella putting a lock on the thread. At least people are trying to keep Hangout active.

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
smitcompton|1376748020|3504800 said:
Hi,

I admit I'm not a big poster. I'm going to agree with Holly on her comments on the topics that are presented. I thought the low point in hangout was when I read the topic of a very nice woman, who has contributed much more than I to Pricescope so I hope you won't think I'm awful, when I say this. Her topic was "What is your favorite Halloween candy"? I read that and i wondered why I even come here.

Some weeks all we get are cat stories and problems. Make one day a month for animal stories and keep the cats off the board.(I own three). You are caricatures of what people think of women. Step up your game.

As far as real life, we all have our own experiences and some of us have way more experience than others. We can try to convey this to those much younger, but they usually don't see it that way. That I can deal with, just think about the topics more.

Annette

There is a general rule that applies to all fora, including this one: If you aren't interested in the topic, click away. I do that all the time. I don't see the need to denigrate or put down posters who do enjoy those topics. And, of course, the other cliche about women is that women just love to put down other women.

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

Ruby, I think it is possible. I don't think interesting topics need to be controversial. In fact, recently a topic was started that i thought was quite innocuous. I followed it and quickly it became so nasty, it was shut down. It was one of those, "What Happened?
I'd love to dissect it. All of the people are nice, intelligent and usually rational. I'd like to know what caused the reactions. I'd like to make that a topic.

All topics don't have to be serious. There are many smart people on here that I enjoy reading. There are other smart people on here that I wish would come forward. I think this can and has been a stimulating board at times. Lately, not so much.

Adolfi, I'm responding to the topic at hand. I spoke generally, but you directed your comments at me. Tit for Tat right. How typically female.!

Annette

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aoife|1376750995|3504820 said:
smitcompton|1376748020|3504800 said:
Hi,

Annette

There is a general rule that applies to all fora, including this one: If you aren't interested in the topic, click away. I do that all the time. I don't see the need to denigrate or put down posters who do enjoy those topics. And, of course, the other cliche about women is that women just love to put down other women.

Indeed!

Quote, "You are caricatures of what people think of women. Step up your game."
Huh? What does gender have to do with anything?
We are each individuals, not ambassadors for our gender, occupation, age, the left, the right, the South, the North, sexual orientation etc.. :roll:
Nobody has any responsibility to be a certain way to make their group meet your standards.
Each of us is free to be however our moods take us.

People like a range of topics.
I don't open threads that are not my thing.
I'm not going to tell people, "Don't start threads that are not my thing."

Lastly, if you don't like the topics here, then start some you like.
Be the change you want to see.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like to read Kenny's weird topics... :lol:

Having kids vs not having kids are one of the most interesting topic on HO, and also talking politics.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1376770180|3504951 said:
I like to read Kenny's weird topics... :lol:

ME?!?

I like reading YOUR weird topics. :lol:

I don't have to read my weird posts because I know what I said.
That is because I wrote them. :| :sick: :???: ;))

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
And then we have people that tell us that those who post about their pets, kids (who knew asking about diapers was SO offensive?!) or lighthearted topics like our preferences for something are the reason that PS has deteriorated.

No, quite frankly I think it's much more likely that people who are nice and kind just get sick of being unnecessarily demeaned by others. :rolleyes: If PS was ONLY meant to discuss diamonds, they wouldn't have given us the family forum or ladies in waiting, etc..

The topics that were attacked have largely been posted on the appropriate boards. Don't want to hear about it? Don't visit those boards!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ruby59|1376749614|3504812 said:
It is hard to come up with topics that are interesting and controversal but will not result in Ella putting a lock on the thread.

Poor, poor Ella!! She gets blamed for everything we do!!! It reminds me of the little boy (apochryphal, of course) who told his mother, "Everything I do, you blame on me!")

Deb
:saint:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ella doesn't get blamed.
She just has to walk into the stinky room and flush the toilet.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1376777077|3504985 said:
Ella doesn't get blamed.
And we all know that Kenny is full of S**T.. :wink2: :lol:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1376777930|3504992 said:
kenny|1376777077|3504985 said:
Ella doesn't get blamed.
And we all know that Kenny is full of S**T.. :wink2: :lol:

Well, not full ... if so, there'd be nothing for Ella to flush. :o

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
AGBF|1376775732|3504978 said:
It is hard to come up with topics that are interesting and controversal but will not result in Ella putting a lock on the thread.

Poor, poor Ella!! She gets blamed for everything we do!!! It reminds me of the little boy (apochryphal, of course) who told his mother, "Everything I do, you blame on me!")

Deb

No, not blaming Ella for doing her job in trying to keep this board from getting out of control. What I meant was that the few controversal threads on here recently (Trayvon Martin, Paula Deen) resulted in Ella having to lock them down.

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
ruby59|1376781625|3505005 said:
AGBF|1376775732|3504978 said:

Deb

No, not blaming Ella for doing her job in trying to keep this board from getting out of control. What I meant was that the few controversal threads on here recently (Trayvon Martin, Paula Deen) resulted in Ella having to lock them down.

We would not need to lock them if all of our members would abide by our policies and keep the conversations civil. ;))

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
AGBF|1376651832|3504255 said:
IndyLady|1376543835|3503529 said:
I used to love the colored stones board, but don't post as much because I find that I don't enjoy it as much as I used to-- there is a lot of unsolicited criticism on the board, and I hate to see it directed to a new poster that is just trying to share a piece that they are very excited about. I've read everything from, "that stone has a lot of grey/brown/etc." to "that's not really a padparadscha" to "that setting doesn't strike me as an e-ring style" when a poster is simply sharing their new purchase.

I would never make such a comment about a stone that was already purchased, but would about one that someone was contemplating purchasing. (We have had conversations on this topic on Pricescope many times before.)

The time before someone makes a purchase is a time in which he can be warned.

You may be right that there is too much raining on the parades of others in Colored Stones, however. I am not there anymore enough to know. When I read these comments I remembered making some unsolicited negative comments on a stone recently. I feel guilty because I think it was a situation like one of the ones discussed here: I think the poster loved the stone. Everyone else seemed to love it, too. There was really no reason for me to spoil the poster's pleasure in the stone.... Except that I felt that the vendor might be up to something because I saw a glowing red that was not a true red on my monitor-a red that had an orange glow-and I didn't trust the vendor. Should I have shut up? Especially when more expert posters were endorsing the stone? Or should I have said something when I saw it? I have looked at a heap of red stones.

...and I realize that this is going a bit off topic.

Deb/AGBF
:read:

Deb, you are and always have been an incredibly gracious poster. And, I do know your experience with the color red (I love your spinel!). I haven't read that particular thread, but I sincerely doubt that you wrote anything hurtful--certainly your intentions seem positive, and I'm sure that was conveyed through your post.

My intent in posting my comment was not to create an absolute PC-playground; but, if anything would come out of my post, I would hope that it encourages a little more sensitivity on the board, and takes the focus away from "perfect" and places it more on sharing, learning, and fun.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Well to threadjack!!!!! It is CAKE TIME!!!!!!!!!!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SB621|1376909169|3505821 said:

Yes, it is! Thank you for all you have contributed. I will be in touch requesting your information.

Bigs hugs,
Deb/AGBF
:wavey:

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
SB621|1376909169|3505821 said:

:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results