shape
carat
color
clarity

Hope the President does a good job for USA

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't relate to the "I don't get worked up by politics" argument. This isn't political. Trump is a frigging disaster- doesn't matter what party you represent. If you think he's doing a good job then it's not your "political view" you should reexamine.
So you don't like a strong economy with low unemployment?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Alexiszoe Your post made me want to cry. Trump has emboldened people who are racists. They now feel its fine to act this way. The president acts this way, why would it not be acceptable for others to do the same. It’s disgusting.

With this President it is no longer just about politics, it’s about being a decent human being and doing the right thing.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know not all Trump supporters condone such behavior - but by voting for such a man, there is a tacit "acceptance" or tolerance for the potential of such behavior happening. And unfortunately it is others who are paying the price.

The question is, would non racist Trump supporters stand up and say, enough is enough, we are not voting for this man because he is endangering the lives of others?

I’m sorry to hear of the horrible experiences you and your friends have had.

I suspect that many people making excuses for Trump don’t worry about whether someone will yell at them to go back to Europe. That privilege makes it easy for them to rationalize their suppport for him.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't help myself. I keep watching the video and I keep laughing each time I watch it. I haven't laughed this hard in ages.
Deb, I find this video frightening. It shows that Trump had so little respect for the queen and the process that he decided to wing it. In other words, he was more important than the queen in that moment, on her home soil.

He’s more dangerous than low class garbage.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Redwood66, I am sure you, and a fair number of Trump supporters, are not racists - and on some level, his stance/policies appealed to such Trump supporters a lot more such that they are willing to overlook or ignore other parts of his behavior.

The unfortunate thing is that with his being elected, others are paying the price for it, because his stance has emboldened other racists, the other types of supporters that Trump represents.

My partner is non-White. Since leading up to the election and till date, he has been facing a lot more racial harassment and discrimination e.g. Getting yelled at in parking lots of "GO BACK HOME, C***K" (racial slur), getting stared at and told "You don't belong in our country, ****** (racial slur)!", even though he's a born and bred American. This is in a major city on the West Coast, and not somewhere rural.

The small town I used to live in, was always somewhat tolerant of the small LGBT community. In the last 2 years however, things have changed. 1 of my friends's car was scratched with the words " F**K**G F**GGOT" across the entire side. Another guy who's a known LGBT advocate got jumped while the guys were yelling similar homophobic slurs. A few of my friends have since moved because they are fearful for their lives. The small town I knew and loved has become a cesspool of intolerance and hate.

I know not all Trump supporters condone such behavior - but by voting for such a man, there is a tacit "acceptance" or tolerance for the potential of such behavior happening. And unfortunately it is others who are paying the price.

The question is, would non racist Trump supporters stand up and say, enough is enough, we are not voting for this man because he is endangering the lives of others?
I am so very sorry your partner and others have endured this by horrible people. They should be called out when they do things to others and arrested if there are crimes. Individuals like this have no place in a polite society. I will not give them a pass to be able to blame someone else for their actions and disgusting behavior.

Last edited:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deb, I find this video frightening. It shows that Trump had so little respect for the queen and the process that he decided to wing it. In other words, he was more important than the queen in that moment, on her home soil.

He’s more dangerous than low class garbage.

No one had to prove to me that he was dangerous, dear House Cat. Only his dangerous and horrible acts are so very rarely amusing. They are usually just grisly and dastardly. They usually just cause me angst; rage; bitterness; profound sadness; and a sense of total impotence. For once his utter lack of comprehension and regard for the world around him made me laugh. I am sorry that it did not do that for you. I certainly respect your emotional response to the event, however. I love you!

Deb :wavey:

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@House Cat I would agree with much of the US being under-educated and that is not for the lack of $ spent per student. Education has nothing to do with my comments of hubris or elitism. Though I don't think I used elite. Maybe you weren't referring to me? Anyway we have had the discussion quite awhile ago about the fundamental differences in how conservatives and liberals see things and what is important to them. I think it was @Matata who put up some good links about how the views differ. But that has been many months ago. I don't see liberals as bad people, far from it and love some of them here, but I acknowledge that they see things differently and have different priorities. I understand and accept it and admire their tenacity. The people (both parties) that bother me are the people who cannot fathom any view being appropriate but their own and cast aspersions on others. If you (collective) have your views and cannot respect another human being who may not then what the heck is all this for? I don't want to be in a bubble, if I did I sure would not post about politics here. You don't walk in my shoes and I don't walk in yours.

BTW as to hysterical, if I were putting memes and hate Clinton/Obama things up on PS all day for months on end I would think me hysterical. But that's just me. ;-) Maybe others need it as a coping mechanism and I can accept that. We already know that I don't get emotional about much of anything.
Hi red,

You didn’t make any comments about Liberals being responsible for the dumbing down of America.

I see nothing hysterical about meme posting. Hysterical behavior would be me cussing out people because they don’t love Michelle Obama as much as I do. :mrgreen2: I haven’t seen that happen yet. I still think some of this language is being used as a means to put people down and control their behavior. If people are made to feel that their normal behavior is hysterical, maybe they will stop sharing their opinion. Worse, they will stop fighting for what they believe is right. That seems to be the goal of much of the right at this point in time. They want to minimize what the president is doing. They call the opposing side hysterical, crazy, biased. The president’s actions continue to get worse. Nothing is done because the only people who oppose are hysterical or snowflakes.

I wish everyone would face the truth and begin to respect how each person wants to deal with our truth. Some people will want to emote. Some people will want to rise to action. Some will want to do nothing at all. All of it is ok as long as it is honest.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No one had to prove to me that he was dangerous, dear House Cat. Only his dangerous and horrible acts are so very rarely amusing. They are usually just grisly and dastardly. They usually just cause me angst; rage; bitterness; profound sadness; and a sense of total impotence. For once his utter lack of comprehension and regard for the world around him made me laugh. I am sorry that it did not do that for you. I certainly respect your emotional response to the event, however. I love you!

Deb :wavey:
Oh Deb, i love you too!

I will admit, for you, that dude is a buffoon!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DF, you've made it clear at least 1000 times that all you care about is more money in your pocket when it comes to selecting a president. We get it. You are one of the "but my 401k" people.....

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...w-s-your-401-k-but-most-voters-don-t-have-one
No IRA or 401K? So who's fault is that?. :confused: More people should learn to save money staring at a young age.

Don't worry liberals there is a good chance the stock market and the real estate market will soon crash as interest rate heads higher.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi red,

You didn’t make any comments about Liberals being responsible for the dumbing down of America.

I see nothing hysterical about meme posting. Hysterical behavior would be me cussing out people because they don’t love Michelle Obama as much as I do. :mrgreen2: I haven’t seen that happen yet. I still think some of this language is being used as a means to put people down and control their behavior. If people are made to feel that their normal behavior is hysterical, maybe they will stop sharing their opinion. Worse, they will stop fighting for what they believe is right. That seems to be the goal of much of the right at this point in time. They want to minimize what the president is doing. They call the opposing side hysterical, crazy, biased. The president’s actions continue to get worse. Nothing is done because the only people who oppose are hysterical or snowflakes.

I wish everyone would face the truth and begin to respect how each person wants to deal with our truth. Some people will want to emote. Some people will want to rise to action. Some will want to
do nothing at all. All of it is ok as long as it is honest.

Agreed. I find the notion that people shouldn't express themselves to be one of the most dangerous lines of thinking in the world. ALL it does is create a generation of people who develop self destructive behaviors, or worse, behavior geared towards the destruction of others.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No IRA or 401K? So who's fault is that?. :confused: More people should learn to save money staring at a young age.

Don't worry liberals there is a good chance the stock market and the real estate market will soon crash as interest rate heads higher.

Wow @Dancing Fire , that is quite a conclusion you jumped to. What makes you think that Soxfan doesn’t have a 401K or IRA??? It never occurred to you that for some of us you can’t put a price tag on what the president is doing to our country? That they want their children to grow up in a country where people are not judged by the color of their skin, where all people are treated equally, where women have control over their own bodies.

I’m a liberal and began saving for our retirement 30 yrs ago. I will benefit from Trumps Tax plan, that doesn’t make it a good plan. How is it the right thing to do when his tax plan benefits the wealthy greatly, while most of the country get an extra $100?

As @House Cat stated earlier in this thread:

Liberals are the last people to dumb down this nation. This pissed me off more than many things said on this post. The pride in being uneducated is owned by the right. The right wing loves having an uneducated base because they are easier to control with propaganda and fear.

Liberals are always accused of being over educated elite.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow @Dancing Fire , that is quite a conclusion you jumped to. What makes you think that Soxfan doesn’t have a 401K or IRA???
I didn't say SF...I said people should start saving at a young age.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m a liberal and began saving for our retirement 30 yrs ago.

I have not been reading this thread and have no first hand knowledge of what anyone said. It just makes me angry that Dancing Fire apparently denigrated liberals and claimed they didn't save for retirement. (I believe Calliecake and don't have to read anything myself. If she says it, I believe it blindly. She's right; Dancing Fire is wrong. ;)))

I started saving in a TIAA-CREF teacher's retirement fund at age 29 and have not, at age 67, 38 years later, started to draw on it. And I am to the left of liberal. So there!

AGBF

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope the liberals feel guilty b/c the top 3 richest Americans are left winger liberals.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
(I believe Calliecake and don't have to read anything myself. If she says it, I believe it blindly. She's right; Dancing Fire is wrong. ;)))

AGBF
As usual ...:lol:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Dancing Fire , Please go back and read your comments after you attached @soxfan post. I could be wrong, but it sure sounded the way I interrupted your post. Thank you for clarifying that was not your intention.

@AGBF I wanted to open your post about the Queen walking with Trump when you posted last night. My husband had just fallen asleep and after reading your post, I was afraid I would probably laugh and wake him up if opened the thread you posted. I ran across a side by side picture of President Obama walking with the Queen and Trump walking with the Queen. In the picture with Obama she was walking down the stairs. Obama was behind her but had his hand positioned so he could help her if she needed help. It was a touching picture and showed Obama being a gentleman. The Queen is in her nineties and Trump struts around as though she wasn’t even there, walking ahead of her. Trump is such a classless man.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi red,

I wish everyone would face the truth and begin to respect how each person wants to deal with our truth. Some people will want to emote. Some people will want to rise to action. Some will want to do nothing at all. All of it is ok as long as it is honest.
:clap: Me too! I will do my part by not calling people hysterical. I apologize.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, DF was responding to the article I posted about only 1/3 of Trump voters having an IRA. The article was about how foolish Trump sounds when he says "how's your 401k?" when most of his base doesn't have one. I didn't take it as DF talking about me at all.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They can't afford to when the cost of living keeps rising and wages don't.
Unlike the Obama yrs. wages are going up as we speak.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Warren Buffet has given over 27 Billion to charities over the past 10 years.

The Gates have given 28 Billion to their Foundation.

Why would liberals feel guilty?
You forgot about #1 Jeff Bezos who is the richest person on earth worth ($140 billion) and he happens to be the owner of the far left Washington Post. The rich conservatives should feel guilty,but not the rich liberals.

Last edited:

Alexiszoe

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Calliecake , thank you. Since the election I worry a lot more about my partner's safety, due to the rise in hate crime. I don't understand how some people can be filled with so much hate.

@JPie , that's true. I think it does not occur to them how it feels like to worry about your safety at every moment because of the color of their skin - because it's something that most people are unaware of and thus find very hard to relate to (and I suspect some would not even consider it a privilege, but a "right", which it should be, just that it should be applied to all).

Alexiszoe

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@redwood66 , thank you for your well wishes. I agree that the individuals should be punished for such hate crimes. At the same time, punishing the individuals would not solve the problem.

Individuals in society rarely act out and perform deeds that are considered heinous because of the typical social sanctions involved. However, with the current President, his behavior, and actions, coupled with consistently getting away with these sorts of behavior has emboldened more and more of such individuals to think they are more likely to get away with bad behavior, as we can see in the rise of hate crimes in the last 2 years.

Some might disagree and say that Trump should not be held accountable for the actions of others. To that I would say that a leader does NOT have that luxury. Presidents and leaders know full well that their very words have very real consequences, and could affect the economic markets, ruin international relations, or incite violence through just a carelessly worded comment. Whether he likes it or not, with power comes responsibility - and their word matters.

Voters have the power to set the tone and say: We do not approve of such behavior, and will stop voting for you if you carry on inciting hate and violence. Our vote talks. His fervent, racist supporters have already spoken. How about the non-racist, more rational Trump supporters out there? Are they willing to stand up and say, cut this shit out, or we are not supporting you too - Or keep quiet, support the man - and by proxy, tacitly approve of such violence and hate towards others?

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results