shape
carat
color
clarity

Hope the President does a good job for USA

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She asked what you thought about Trumps actions today and you posted that he irritates you. The entire rest of the post was about Obama. This is exactly why I don't ask for conservative opinions any more:(
Why bother? since 88% of the PSers are liberals. This thread is for liberals to bash Trump everyday so they can take turns patting each other on the back.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Teddy Roosevelt has his place, but he is not my idol by a long shot. He was a bombastic warmonger....and, in my opinion, patriotism is not the be all and end all. The boundaries of a nation are not the only thing that matters. Respect for humanity matters. Respect for human life matters. I fear that some of my parents' Quaker (Society of Friends) beliefs may have brushed off on me.

Having anything to do with Russia and Putin for filthy lucre is, in opinion, immoral. But my stance on the borders is not only based on law (although law indeed supports the right of would-be immigrants to asylum). It is also based on my belief in human rights. I think it was wrong for the United States to turn away Jews from its borders during World War II.

AGBF

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well this is awkward for the MAGA crowd...defend what he said yesterday or what he said today? Probably both, right? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

What a dips**t. Nothing to see here- totally stable genius.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trump would have been better off doing nothing today. He couldn’t even just keep to the darn script. He had to add “could be other people also”.

We need both parties to work together to protect further elelction. We need to protect the country and its citizens from cyber attacks or a cyber war.
We also need to protect Mueller.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well this is awkward for the MAGA crowd...defend what he said yesterday or what he said today? Probably both, right? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

What a dips**t. Nothing to see here- totally stable genius.

Neither. Deflect! Blame Obama and ramble on about servers.

Screen Shot 2018-07-17 at 3.19.45 PM.png

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The one thing you can count one is they are always spinning things to something completely different than what Trump actually said.

I wonder how Fox will spin today’s disaster?

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Umm....Aunt Lydia:

Sarah Sanders
says that "there was conversation" between Putin and Trump about Russian authorities questioning Bill Browder and Michael McFaul; Sanders said there wasn't a commitment made, but that Trump would "work with his team." (via CBS)

This is unreal. Unreal.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Umm....Aunt Lydia:

Sarah Sanders
says that "there was conversation" between Putin and Trump about Russian authorities questioning Bill Browder and Michael McFaul; Sanders said there wasn't a commitment made, but that Trump would "work with his team." (via CBS)

This is unreal. Unreal.
ugh, I'm nauseous.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sarah Sanders says that "there was conversation" between Putin and Trump about Russian authorities questioning Bill Browder and Michael McFaul; Sanders said there wasn't a commitment made, but that Trump would "work with his team." (via CBS)

Well, Bill Browder is safe, since he became a citizen of the UK and resides there. (He is one smart man.) Michael McFaul is, I guess, just to be consigned to the Lubyanka. Too bad. It isn't nice to hand over our diplomats to foreigners after they retire from the Foreign Service. Maybe we should warn them in advance...I mean before we make them ambassadors...that we may hand them over to be tortured and killed if Donald Trump is president.

Alexiszoe

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What the actual f* *k.

So besides throwing our agents and intelligence community under the bus, now he's considering allowing Russia to question a former ambassador. And in the process, possibly know all about what our intelligence community is doing in Russia, who our undercover agents and spies are, and essentially allowing Russia to track, torture and kill our people. Agents who have put their lives in danger for the service of our country, served up on a platter.

Is he Russia's President or America's President?

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Umm....Aunt Lydia:

Sarah Sanders

This is unreal. Unreal.

Another truly distrubing day. I couldn’t believe what I was hearing during Sarah Sanders press conference today.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What the actual f* *k.

So besides throwing our agents and intelligence community under the bus, now he's considering allowing Russia to question a former ambassador. And in the process, possibly know all about what our intelligence community is doing in Russia, who our undercover agents and spies are, and essentially allowing Russia to track, torture and kill our people. Agents who have put their lives in danger for the service of our country, served up on a platter.

Is he Russia's President or America's President?

He's Russia's useful puppet. Was then, and is now. Remember: HRC warned us during the debates!

Alexiszoe

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
From NYTimes:

Two weeks before his inauguration, Donald J. Trump was shown highly classified intelligence indicating that President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia had personally ordered complex cyberattacks to sway the 2016 American election.

The evidence included texts and emails from Russian military officers and information gleaned from a top-secret source close to Mr. Putin, who had described to the C.I.A. how the Kremlin decided to execute its campaign of hacking and disinformation.

Mr. Trump sounded grudgingly convinced, according to several people who attended the intelligence briefing. But ever since, Mr. Trump has tried to cloud the very clear findings that he received on Jan. 6, 2017, which his own intelligence leaders have unanimously endorsed.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Umm....Aunt Lydia:

Sarah Sanders

This is unreal. Unreal.

Another truly distrubing day. Sanders press conference was unbelievable today.

NYT is reporting that two weeks before Trump’s Inauguration, he was shown raw intellegence data proving Putin’s direct role in ordering election meddling in our 2016 election.

Trump has known since January 2017 and has continued to back Putin. Think about all the negative comments he has made regarding our intellegence agencies the past 18 months. Are you still supporting the Liar @redwood66 and @Dancing Fire ?

Alexiszoe

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Calliecake , it could be a matter of getting the right sources to talk, and verifying the information through other credible sources, before actually publishing it, which can be hard to do. Sources may also choose not to reveal the information earlier due to fear of reprisal etc.

I refuse to believe all Republicans are cut from the same cloth, and there are reasonable Republicans out there like @redwood66 open to discussion and reason. While I don't necessarily agree with Red sometimes, I respect her for her thoughtful views on the subject.

A business associate of mine, who is a life long Republican, have been having open and sometimes heated discussions with me about the state of the Presidency and the GOP. After this whole Russian debacle he's decided not to vote in the upcoming midterms, because he feels the Republican party now is not serving in the best interests of the nation, but of the party. In an effort to appeal to the far right, I wonder how many moderate Republicans are becoming alienated from their own party.

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I saw the ny times piece where it is explained trump knew putin personally did it. he knew before getting sworn in. trump was sworn in and immediately asked the state dept how to get rid of sanctions obama had imposed for putins actions then trump denied it for as long as he could and still does.

He knows putin did it, yet still wants to say other could have too. And now he wants to let putin have loyal diplomats who have done nothing wrong.

trump is a traitor.
It is that simple.
putin attacked our country, trump gave aid , and encouraged and then helped putin do it so he could gain voters.
It is called treason. trump should be impeached and charged . I am sure there are plenty of state charges he can be convicted of that are ones he comitted before the election with his financial frauds to keep him in prison if pence thinks the traitor should get a pardon for federal crimes

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trump has known since January 2017 and has continued to back Putin. Think about all the negative comments he has made regarding our intellegence agencies the past 18 months. Are you still supporting the Liar @redwood66 and @Dancing Fire ?
Is he a liar too?

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Is he a liar too?

Thank you so much for posting this Dancing Fire! It gives me hope, in these dark times for our country, to be reminded that in the very recent past we had a president of integrity that we could all admire. Many of the same people who voted to put Trump in office also voted to put Obama in office and they can be persuaded to do it again!

Here is Obama refuting Benedict Donald's ridiculous and completely baseless claims of massive voter fraud (his own party was embarrassed by these claims), speaking reason in an articulate, calm and thoughtful manner. What an absolute gem he was. Thanks again DF!:))

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
They can't hand over Bill Browder--as previously pointed out, British citizenship--and they won't hand over Michael McFaul in the end. But you know what? It doesn't matter. That disgusting waffling answer and the lack of any kind of swift and damning GOP condemnation of it, means the damage is done and it's done on the world stage. As an American living in Europe, I'm once again embarrassed, ashamed and horrified by what's happened to my country.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Washington Post just reported 16 hours ago that Christopher Wray said Russian cyber attacks on the US are very active. I believe it was Dan Coats was the person who said the “red lights are blinking” a few days ago, Shouldn’t that be enough to wake people the hell up. Trump says we are taking steps to ensure Russia government does not interfere in our elections this year. What is he doing to ensure this is the case? What about all the other ways a Russian cyber war could hurt American citizens? What will it take electricity, banking to be effected? This shouldn’t be OK with anyone and should make no difference if you are Republican or Democrat. Russia is helping Republican’s so they won’t do anything to stop him.

The US State Department interpreter should be forced to say what was said in the private meeting with Trump and Putin. I’m not saying it needs to be done in front of the US citizens but it definitely should be done in front of Congress. The US doesn’t have a recording of what was said. Reporters are hearing the Russians have a recording.

If this country had a crisis (like 9/11) how could we believe anything this president says? He is a LIAR

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As I was having breakfast in a tiny diner in Whitehorse, Yukon Territory, this morning, 2 Canadians at a table behind us were calling Trump Colonel Klink for those old enough to remember.

Alexiszoe

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I seriously doubt he would do anything -
And in fact aiding Russia is actually beneficial for him.

Russia meddled to help him win, and continues to do so to attempt to sway control of the mid terms for the GOP (see the recent Russian bots with the fake #walkaway movement targeted at Dems to try to lower voter turnout).

This being the case, aiding the Russians simply helps him and the GOP stay in power - as we can see the GOP is protecting him while if Dems were in power his life will become much harder.

Was reading the Vox article today that recent polls show only 28% of millennials intend to vote. I don't quite know how to get these non voters to take their civic duty seriously and vote.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Alexiszoe , I was hoping the kids in Parkland would help ignite a fire under the younger generations and get them to vote. I thought this would have been a great start since many of them have had a life of shooting drills in their schools. My generation grew up knowing families who lost loved ones in the Vietnam war. Seeing what this kind of loss does to a family and our government’s part in it, sure woke us up to know voting is important.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results