shape
carat
color
clarity

Hope the President does a good job for USA

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It may be in the power of the examiner to "give someone a break" once in a while, but that is not the general rule.
AGBF
Yes, it is up to the examiner they can make it difficult for the applicant if they wanted to. I guess my dad got an easy examiner.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, it is up to the examiner they can make it difficult for the applicant if they wanted to. I guess my dad got an easy examiner.

Well, it may not have been only that your father got an "easy examiner", Dancing Fire. I do not know how old he was when he took the test, but he was not a teenager, so he was probably treated differently than you. I didn't want to go on ad nauseum in my previous posting, but traditionally the examiners on the citizenship exam treat older immigrants differently (and hold them to lower standards) than they do younger immigrants, a fact to which you alluded yourself in an earlier posting. In fact, when immigrants have been here legally for 20 years or more and are over 65, you are given a different version of the test.

Deb

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In fact, when immigrants have been here legally for 20 years or more and are over 65, you are given a different version of the test.

Deb
That's what I have been saying. My dad was in his late 60's and have been in the U.S for over 25 yrs. I remember in 1977 I had to bring two friends as my character witnesses. The examiner then asked them a few Qs about my character as person. I understand this is no longer required today.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So Trump decided to take to twitter today and threaten Iran.

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
How DUMB am I .... No seriously let me tell you how utterly STUPID I am.

Last week there was talk of a tape. Giulani said that the tape would prove trump innocent. ( ok now I NEVER thought it would prove him innocent I am not that stupid )
Rudy ALSO said ( and this is the part I believed ) that the tape would prove that trump wanted to pay by check for his mistress coverup and that cohen wanted to do it under the table .

HOW dumb is it that I assumed the lawyer would be the scummiest part of the scam and trump the one who wanted to pay by check so he could deduct it somehow.
I figured the lawyer would be all oh lets do this without a paper trail and trump would be figuring it would be a tax writeoff ( trump cheats on his taxes , so why would he not want to claim it a business deduction.)

So the tape comes out.. and I listed expecting to hear a lawyer being the scummiest under the table imaginable and trump trying to get a fraudulent tax write off. BUT NO!!!!

RUDY FLAT OUT LIED! trump clearly suggests to do cash and cohen is having to tell him that they should do a check. How in freak does rudy think people are going to trust anything he says when he is blatantly LYING all the time??? Where is the rudy who defended NYC after 9/11? has he been abducted by aliens and replaced with Paul Joseph Goebbels????? What in the world?

and then I see that the traitor went to the VA and spoke there and told the people not to believe what is in print or on TV and just believe what he is saying.
Some times I feel like the kid in poltergiest
What is happening???

01F7BA79-9BDD-4505-A6E9-2DF3525C963B.png

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rudy doesn't care just like Trump doesn't care. Reality is what they say it is, in their own minds. Only someone who thinks that way can ask with a straight face, "What are you gonna believe?? Me, or your lyin' eyes??" :rolleyes: If it's any consolation, even though the Dems don't feel the level of personal betrayal you probably do, we pretty much feel like the kid in poltergeist too.

And honestly, the sorry state of the current Republican party - defending open proof of sexual impropriety that they have condemned in anyone not Trump and defending the Russians who seem to support their nativist positions, can in large part be boiled down the phrase of one recently defecting conservative columnist when he wrote "the GOP is now a white nationalist party with a conservative fringe." Pretty much yes. And its not really all that hard to understand. This is what happens when a party deliberately courts racists and cynically stokes fear and leverages racist motivations in order to gain power, for over 50 years.

tkyasx78, Here's another one that will make you even more glad (and more sad?) that you've left the GOP.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/25/entertainment/jason-spencer-who-is-america-resigns/index.html

Aside from discussion of Cohen's actions, Spencer's words could be the new slogan for the GOP.

"My fears were so heightened at that time, I was not thinking clearly nor could I appreciate what I was agreeing to when I participated....If I had not been so distracted by my fears, I never would have agreed to participate in the first place."

Fears of blacks, terrorists, women, clothing, change. So distracting, yes. When you're that fearful and distracted, maybe you really should just stay home.

And lest anyone want to defend this sad excuse for a human, even after willingly dropping his pants and shouting racial slurs, here's what he said to a black female former state house rep when she was objecting to Confederate statues:

"Some called for Spencer's resignation last year after he warned former state Rep. LaDawn Jones, a black woman, that she would not be "met with torches but something a lot more definitive" if she continued to call for the removal of Confederate statues in south Georgia, and suggested that someone who didn't understand this "will go missing in the Okefenokee" swamp."

Guy's a peach. :rolleyes:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How DUMB am I .... No seriously let me tell you how utterly STUPID I am.

Last week there was talk of a tape. Giulani said that the tape would prove trump innocent. ( ok now I NEVER thought it would prove him innocent I am not that stupid )
Rudy ALSO said ( and this is the part I believed ) that the tape would prove that trump wanted to pay by check for his mistress coverup and that cohen wanted to do it under the table .

HOW dumb is it that I assumed the lawyer would be the scummiest part of the scam and trump the one who wanted to pay by check so he could deduct it somehow.
I figured the lawyer would be all oh lets do this without a paper trail and trump would be figuring it would be a tax writeoff ( trump cheats on his taxes , so why would he not want to claim it a business deduction.)

So the tape comes out.. and I listed expecting to hear a lawyer being the scummiest under the table imaginable and trump trying to get a fraudulent tax write off. BUT NO!!!!

RUDY FLAT OUT LIED! trump clearly suggests to do cash and cohen is having to tell him that they should do a check. How in freak does rudy think people are going to trust anything he says when he is blatantly LYING all the time??? Where is the rudy who defended NYC after 9/11? has he been abducted by aliens and replaced with Paul Joseph Goebbels????? What in the world?

and then I see that the traitor went to the VA and spoke there and told the people not to believe what is in print or on TV and just believe what he is saying.
Some times I feel like the kid in poltergiest
What is happening???

01F7BA79-9BDD-4505-A6E9-2DF3525C963B.png

You are far from stupid, tkyasx. It took a huge amount of thinking from going from where you used to be as a Republican to where you are now. It took a flexible mind, which few of us can boast. ;))

I think you are still reluctant to believe that the President of the United States can be a man of as bad a character as he is, though. I have seen it in some of your other postings as well as this one. You are such a smart and such a good woman. I would chalk it up to your having been brought up well and believing in the United States of America. I do not know you, of course, so I could be wrong. However, I am guessing that you just believe in our country.

Hugs,
Deb :wavey:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know things are bad when the president tells you not believe what you have seen and heard. They seriously believe people will believe what they tell them to them to think.

Trump and Putin’s relationship scares the hell out of me. I never thought I would see the day we had an American president who wants to be a dictator, and congress does nothing to stop him.

Rachel Maddow stated on her show last night that Official White documents of the Trump Putin Summit have be altered to leave out Putin wanted Trump to win the 2016 election. WTH.

@tkyasx78 Many of us are feeling like we are the kid in Poltergeist movie. You are not alone!

It’s one awful event after another with this President. Meanwhile over 2;000 kids are still not reunited with their families. They blew the first deadline and my guess is they will blow the next one. There are no consequences for any one in his administration. Laws and facts no longer seem to matter.

If we were to experience a tragic event like 9/11 now, I wouldn’t believe a thing this administration said. They are nothing but LIARS.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rachel Maddow stated on her show last night that Official White documents of the Trump Putin Summit have be altered to leave out Putin wanted Trump to win the 2016 election. WTH.

Yes. Both the official White House transcript of the press conference following the summit in Helsinski and the White House video have been altered. Both fail to show President Putin's entire answer to Trump, saying that he tried to help him win the 2016 election. The actual video from the press conference and the one now being shown by the White House have been shown repeatedly on MSNBC. THE WHITE HOUSE VERSION WAS ALTERED.

The White House has been told many times that their "official" transcript is incorrect, but they refuse to correct it.

They are lying. We can all prove it. They do not care. They keep insisting that black is white and white is black. Just as Goebbels said one must do in Nazi Germany.

Deb/AGBF

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@AGBF , How are they getting away with this??? We all have seen the actual question and answer portion after Trump and Putin’s private meeting.
You can’t rewrite history.

There are days I feel he is deliberately trying to destroy our country. I’ve never felt like this about any past president.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Actual video clip from press conference in Helsinki...
...and a video about it.

Last edited:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CNN reporter Kaitlin Collins asked Trump questions regarding the Michael Cohen tapes today (they were not answered). Bill Shine and Sarah Sanders said her questions were inappropriate and she was blocked from covering the Rose Garden Ceremony this afternoon.

Regarding the video @AGBF , Wouldn’t The Presidential Records Act prevent editing this tape from being legal? The act mandates the preservation of presidential records.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Washington Post: Feds have more than 100 Cohen recordings.

I feel like nothing he says will affect his base. He'd have to say something REALLY egregious like:

"I think we need gun control" or:

"Nascar is a really dumb sport" or:

"I think we should let women make their own decisions about their bodies."

Now that might actually lose him some voters...

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, I don't think he's right. This is total pro Trump propaganda.
His description of himself would indicate he is pro Trump but so what? That does not negate his view on the issue. I don't ruminate on politics every waking minute and when the pendulum swings my life will change very little if any at all. Maybe more tax burden.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll let you worry for me. I'll do my part and vote. And see where all these investigations go because the wheels of government will turn with or without my worry.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results